Detective Conan World
Inspector Gin

Post Your 5 Top Movies (and why)

Why don't we share our favourite movies with each other? :-D

Post at least 5 favourites movies which you enjoy, and do not forget to mention what is so nice about them. :-)

Feel free to post :-) more than 5,th_114_.gif

Here are my top 5 favorite movies:

1. The Last Samurai: a movie you can watch more than once. It has a grate story to it with a lot of action. I will give it 10 out of 10

2. Gladiator: it is a great movie with a great story with good acting. I will give it 10 out of 10.

3. Troy: it is a nice and sad movie, with good actors. I will give it 9 out of 10

4. Brave Harte. I love the way the Spanish fight for the country, a very nice movie with a lovely story to it. I will give it 9 out of 10

5. The Lord of The Rings: an entrusting long movie which I have watched more than once. I will give it 8 out of 10

Thank you and take care 31101407-2-134Q0.gif

1) Batman Returns: a masterpiece and a wonderful Christmas tale in the world of Tim Burton's monsters !

2) The Lord of the Rings (the whole trilogy): one of the better works I've ever seen !

3) The Empire Strikes Back: the best movie of one of my most beloved saga ! I'm still sad by the news of Kershner's death.

4) Schindler's List: a masterpiece !

5) Batman: Mask of the Phantasm: an animated movie but a great one ! This is the only one which makes the spectator feel what truly is Batman.

• Upvote 1

This is a great thread. The only problem for me is that my favorite movies change every ten minutes. :P

This is not ranked at all, just five of my current favorite movies as of this writing:

1. Network (1976)

2. Airplane! (1980)

3. Chinatown (1974)

4. Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (1969)

5. The Thing (1982)

• Upvote 1

1. Transformers Revenge of the fallen

2. Transformers: the movie

3. Transformers : The MOVIE(The one between G1 season 2 and 3)

4. DC movie 14

5.Batman : The dark knight

Tron Legacy - Great movie. Just didn't get much fame because of poor advertising.

Live Free or Die Hard - I loved all the Die Hard movies, but this was the best.

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - Again, a great "end" for the Star Wars franchise. Really tied up everything well.

Detective Dee and the Case of the Phantom Flame (actual title might be different because I don't remember the exact wording) - a great Chinese mystery story that would make Detective Conan fans go numb. This movie was the best mystery movie ever made, in my opinion.

The Hunt for Red October - a fast paced based on a true story movie that would excite history fans. Though slow and hard to understand at some parts, it is a memorable movie that you would never forget.

• Upvote 1

Detective Dee and the Case of the Phantom Flame (actual title might be different because I don't remember the exact wording) - a great Chinese mystery story that would make Detective Conan fans go numb. This movie was the best mystery movie ever made, in my opinion.

Um............may I disagree?

In no order:

*Titanic

*Star Wars Episode 2

*The Hills Have Eyes 2

*Kick Ass

*Hanamizuki

Honorable mentions would be The Spongebob Squarepants Movie and Social Network.

1) Batman Returns: a masterpiece and a wonderful Christmas tale in the world of Tim Burton's monsters !

2) The Lord of the Rings (the whole trilogy): one of the better works I've ever seen !

3) The Empire Strikes Back: the best movie of one of my most beloved saga ! I'm still sad by the news of Kershner's death.

4) Schindler's List: a masterpiece !

5) Batman: Mask of the Phantasm: an animated movie but a great one ! This is the only one which makes the spectator feel what truly is Batman.

Those are some nice, cool, good movies. 8-)

I watched some of them my self :-D

Um............may I disagree?

Ah ha... Sure, go ahead, disagree. Why didn't you like it? I thought it was pretty darn dramatic. Especially for the Chinese. I mean, I'm Chinese myself, so I know that they suck at making movies. This was well thought out, though a bit unrealistic. I would still say it was one of the best movies I have ever seen.

1) Lord Of the Rings Triology!--> The best movie that mankind has ever come across.

2) Pirates Of The Caribbean Triology --> Again ver interesting and amazing

3) Die Another Day (James Bond) --> Action filled !

4) Saving Private Ryan--> The best war movie ever made!

5) Star Trek--> Amazing and awesome graphics and new concepts in Fiction!

A complete movie list remake!

1. 12 Angry Men

2. Life is Beautiful

3. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

4. The Anne Frank Movie

5. Tron Legacy

No description this time.

Just a random list... the numbers have no significance. Not in order :3

1. Inception: AWESOME IN GENERAL!!! Enough said :3

2. Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: Funny, cool effects xD

3. Avatar: ... wow... a lot better than the title suggested <3

4. Transformers (2007 AND 2009): Lots of action, a bunch of explosions... hell yeah ^.^

5. All DC movies except 11 and 12

1. The Count of Monte Cristo (2002) - BY FAR my favourite. Nothing else comes even close to how much I loved this movie. Even though I've heard critics saying it doesn't really compare to the book, I've never read the book so I can't make a comment. This will probably be the only movie I will ever give a 10/10.

2. Transformers 1 (2007) - I don't think I've watched one movie so many times. I'm sure I've watched this movie at least 30 times, but it just doesn't compare to the first place movie. Apart from being a long GMC commercial, it was an excellent. 9/10

Even though I'm giving this a lower score than The Dark Knight, just because I've watched it so many times It just has to be #2.

3. The Dark Knight (2008) - I wasn't too excited to go to this movie on midnight of opening day but I was forced into it and I was amazed by how good the story was. From start to finish I wwas on my seat waiting with my mouth open wondering what will happen next. The Joker was played by the most suitable actor and I will relate what every villain should be to how well Heath Ledger played that character (may he R.I.P) 9.5/10

4. Fight Club (1999) - Great actors, great plot, funny, exciting... what more could you want from a movie. I still try to create my own fight club. 9/10

5. Megamind (2010) - I had absolutley NO expectation going into this movie and I ended up with a big smile on my face during every sense because of how funny this movie was. It... Was... Simply... AMAZING! Although very predictable (and putting spoilers in its trailer) it was probably my favourite comedy movie of all time. 8.5/10

(How to train your dragon was close to taking #5, but just couldn't do it)

Since this is a DC website I also want to give a shout out to movie 1. After watching all of the Case Closed episodes (and not knowing about the Japanese version that had 500+ episodes at the time), I was pretty much ready to give up of the series. But I watched movie 1 and even though it wasn't canon, I just had to know of Shinichi would get his body back. Which was when I started doing research and realized there are a lot more then what Funimation dubbed.

Other shout outs, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Toy Story 3, Snatch, 12 Monkies, All 4 die hards, Usual Suspects, 1-6 Star wars movies, Hot Fuzz, Boiler Room.

I have too many too list, but here are some that I thoroughly enjoy. I won't bother explaining any, because it makes me go like :( for none of these not being mentioned

1) A Clockwork Orange

2) CITIZEN KANE (OMG one of the best movies EVER)

3) To Kill a Mockingbird

4) Good Night, And Good Luck

5) Seven Samurai

Know what? Screw 5! I'm going to 10!

6) Casablanca

7) The Godfather Trilogy

8) Memento

9) Pulp Fiction

10) Shawshank Redemption

I really want to 20... But no... I should stop... I can't... If I don't stop now I'll probably hit 30.

But I'll put a few honorable mentions... Batman (The first one directed by Tim Burton), Patton, Fantasia, Amadeus, and Spirited Away...

There are my top 15... Sorry... TOO MANY GOOD MOVIES! :( (17 if you expand the trilogy, well 16 because the third wasn't that good...)

Oh and objectively... Tron Legacy was a HORRIBLY movie with broken continuity from the original. What it really was a full length fantastic Daft Punk music video.

1. Transformers Revenge of the fallen

2. Transformers: the movie

3. Transformers : The MOVIE(The one between G1 season 2 and 3)

4. DC movie 14

5.Batman : The dark knight

Dude. Are those the Michael Bay Transformers? You need to see more movies my man.

1. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

Hell, I'll put the whole saga as one. But Fellowship is my favorite movie of all time.

2. Shaun of the Dead.

Zombies + British humor + Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Awesome.

3. Kill Bill

My personal favorite of Tarantino's.

4. Dawn of the Dead (original)

One of the greatest zombie movies ever made. And an awesome message about Consumerism.

5. 28 Days Later

The atmosphere in this movie was killer.

6. Inglourious Basterds

7. Hot Fuzz

8. Step Brothers

9. Pulp Fiction

10. American Psycho

Meh..this list isn't 100% accurate, my movies change all the time, and I'm missing out on like 20 or so other good ones.

Dude. Are those the Michael Bay Transformers? You need to see more movies my man.

1. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

Hell, I'll put the whole saga as one. But Fellowship is my favorite movie of all time.

2. Shaun of the Dead.

Zombies + British humor + Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Awesome.

3. Kill Bill

My personal favorite of Tarantino's.

4. Dawn of the Dead (original)

One of the greatest zombie movies ever made. And an awesome message about Consumerism.

5. 28 Days Later

The atmosphere in this movie was killer.

6. Inglourious Basterds

7. Hot Fuzz

8. Step Brothers

9. Pulp Fiction

10. American Psycho

Meh..this list isn't 100% accurate, my movies change all the time, and I'm missing out on like 20 or so other good ones.

Fact: Ranger and I have single-handedly saved this thread. Good job sir! -Salutes Ranger-

Now for everyone else who has posted in this thread... You should go out and see the movies that Ranger and I have listed.

(Also Revenge of the Fallen is one of the worst movies of the decade... It has a whopping 20% on Rotten Tomatoes)