Detective Conan World
DCUniverseAficionado

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 1,006–1,008: Maria Higashio’s Treasure Hunt and the Kudo Family Stalker

8 hours ago, Ryo said:

Okita helps him out, then what? that's it? idk, maybe I just thinking bigger picture than the usual stuff we get from DC. Unless he assists him, but a BO member isn't sold on the reasoning.

You mean there being so few shake-ups in the status quo, to the point where it can be argued that the supposedly biggest developments aren't actually big developments at all?

The BO Damocles, here, is Gin's suspicion of Kogoro (it's been there since 2004 and Black Impact—hopefully, this is the arc in which Gosho will finally make use of it). We'll see if Vodka takes notice of the media firestorm going on (like Bourbon/Scar Akai was noticed at the Bank Heist (677–679/563–564)). If not, then Kanenori, Hyoe and Rumi will certainly not be fooled by Shinichi's/Conan's attempted misdirect. My guess is that Gin's suspicion of Kogoro and the Rum suspects making moves will run parallel to each other until they finally converge. Now when will they converge? Who knows... a year, perhaps—maybe even 2 or 3... or, hopefully not, even longer.

Point being, while Shinichi/Conan will come to think the solution he's going to put to use in 1,008 or 1,009 resolves the fallout of him getting caught on camera, it actually won't, and his regained sense of ease will shatter when the parallel threads of Gin's suspicion of Kogoro and the Rum suspects making moves finally converge—that's when the status quo will have the greatest chance of finally being challenged. At the very least, it'll lead to a Mystery Train-esque case (identity reveal of arc's titular character), which will then set the stage for a Scarlet Showdown-esque/Clash of Red and Black-esque case (big confrontation)

then maybe Vermouth tries to intervene & change the topic with Gin like she did tell to not get in Bourbon's way, when BO were trying to snipe Scar Akai, not knowing that he's actually Bourbon, since Shin'ichi along with an Angel's only one of the treasures she has in this world.

What if Rumi is the daughter/sister 

of Haneda Kouji, that'd make sense she keeping her father/ brother's dying message shougi piece as keepsake/ memento

;) BTW Mary must be little sister of Elena(would make sense of little sister from outer domain, Aoyama's revelation about one of pair of sisters), both are of British descent, that'd makes sense why she looks like Haibara. Also Amuro might've been adopted by Elena.

Speaking of which *Spoiler* my theory

Ano Kata is Aoyama Gosho himself, which is why musical notes sounds like Tottori area code, Yamamura is his son. :lol:

Vermouth might be Ano kata's daughter, hence why she was allowed to exclusively consume anti-aging drug to retain her youth.

reason why Boss likes Nanatsu no Ko is cause of there are Japanese theories that the crow cries singing in the song because it's cute babies (have died, which is indirectly stated by the crow crying), he most have lost important people too, also it might be possible that boss exactly wanted drug to shrink one into 7 year old, has anyone wondered why Conan has shrunk to ""seven year old child" not 6 or 8 years, which would fit with Nanatsu no Ko (Seven Children or Seven year old child). also hence why Nanatsu no Ko is favourite tune, also Crows metaphorically related to BO (as Raven), So TL;DR Nanatsu no Ko is the theme song of BO:lol:,     BO members maybe fooled/ don't know true purpose of research yet, that'd make sense of APTX or Silver Bullet originally being top-secret forbidden immortality or anti-aging research

BTW: Akemi's PS to Akai Shuichi must be that "I have realized that I'm your sister/ cousin, would you still......?":rolleyes:

Also how the hell did Rumi got access to BO victims list in http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Volume_95#Kyoto_School_Trip_Case?

Are 1008 spoilers googling to come out on Sunday, also where are they posted initially? at forums of 2ch? When are Chinese text +image spoilers release in Baidu? 

Bad news, folks:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/353321538080210945/389710476960989184/DQwU2rWVAAA2km_.jpg

While 1,008 is still going to come out this week, DC will go on hiatus after its release. And this new break may be just as long or longer than the break we had between 1,006 and 1,007—or just as long or longer than those two long breaks we had in 2015 (between 920 and 921 and between 924 and 925).

Apparently this hiatus is due to a health issue on Gosho's part—which is also what caused those long 2015 breaks.

Will update when a translation of the above image becomes available.

UPDATE:
Here's the translation of: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/353321538080210945/389710476960989184/DQwU2rWVAAA2km_.jpg

Provided by Sherrinford and Scotch on the Discord server:
"It is Aoyama! From next file onwards, there will be a long term break because I will be recovering from illness. There are things this year such as "Crimson Love Letter", "Sun Halo" (Magic Kaito Case) , "Scarlet School Trip". Romance-Comedy needs too much effort on it (LoL) So I need break and please wait for my return
P.s: I can now enjoy playing Animal Crossing (LOL) My apology for the readers who were waiting for the weekly chapters.. For Return date... there will be announcement in Shuonen Sunday
Haibara: Get well!!"

UPDATE (#2):
Here are 1,008 spoiler pics:
https://imgur.com/a/fOO2D

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Shreevatsa said:

cool, hope he gets well soon, till new year?

Last time he had a health related break, we got a 2 month break (March 2015–May 2015), followed by 1 case (921–924), followed by a just-under 2 month break (June 2015–July 2015), and then things returned to normal.

So we may not get 1,009 until February—and that's being really optimistic.

Update:

More spoiler pics have come out... and it's pretty big, folks.

Turns out DC has very fitting reason to take a break, here.

PM me only if you're absolutely sure you want the link to them—and again, this is some big stuff, so be forewarned.

RUM ASACA = Furuyo Senma, that'd make most sense, 

,Karasuma Rennya, a mystery lover billionaire, who was supposed to be dead, did not die, his life span was extended by prototype silver bullet wow that explains Crow obsession perfectly, but wait ASACA RUM is a red herring then? because it's anagram of CARASUMA. or maybe Kouji knew boss' identity,  & was planing to let Asaca know,, that's why he was killed? Asaca might be Mary who was drugged & shrunk, happened to be coincidence

tumblr_inline_p0sq99sxJR1slk3kl_500.pngKouji

On 12/11/2017 at 12:02 PM, Shreevatsa said:
  Reveal hidden contents

RUM ASACA = Furuyo Senma, that'd make most sense, 

,Karasuma Rennya, a mystery lover billionaire, who was supposed to be dead, did not die, his life span was extended by prototype silver bullet wow that explains Crow obsession perfectly, but wait ASACA RUM is a red herring then? because it's anagram of CARASUMA. or maybe Kouji knew boss' identity,  & was planing to let Asaca know,, that's why he was killed? Asaca might be Mary who was drugged & shrunk, happened to be coincidence

tumblr_inline_p0sq99sxJR1slk3kl_500.pngKouji

Spoiler

This cliffhanger seems to indicate that the Karasuma family is the family behind the BO—regardless of whether Renya is still alive or not, he may have been the one to start it. So while he may have been the original boss, whether he still is the boss is up for debate.

Remember, "Carasuma" is derived from Koji's dying message, so it likely means that the surname of his killer, Rum, is Karasuma.

Of course, there's the possibility that this is a misdirect—Yusaku refers to "Carasuma" as a theory, and says "if it's correct," and if there's one thing that Yusaku could be wrong about, it's this one—either way, I hope that it still is the trigger that leads to the big resolution (in other words, I hope this is beginning of the end). Because whether "Carasuma" is a misdirect or not, this has all kinds of potential to initiate the ending of DC.

I can't wait for the confrontation cases we're going to get. If this truly is the beginning of the end, that means the upcoming confrontation cases won't end in the status-quo preserving fashion—they have the potential to end in ways that not even the Vermouth arc climax did. (Now whether they'll have the same impact as Dual Mysteries on a Full Moon Night or not is assuredly up for debate).

There are so many ways that Gosho can handle this... 1,009 and the next case can't come fast enough. We need a lot of questions answered and a lot of additional information and context provided.

17 minutes ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Hide contents

This cliffhanger seems to indicate that the Karasuma family is the family behind the BO—regardless of whether Renya is still alive or not, he may have been the one to start it. So while he may have been the original boss, whether he still is the boss is up for debate.

Remember, "Carasuma" is derived from Koji's dying message, so it likely means that the surname of his killer, Rum, is Karasuma.

Of course, there's the possibility that this is a misdirect—Yusaku refers to "Carasuma" as a theory, and says "if it's correct," and if there's one thing that Yusaku could be wrong about, it's this one—either way, I hope that it still is the trigger that leads to the big resolution (in other words, I hope this is beginning of the end). Because whether "Carasuma" is a misdirect or not, this has all kinds of potential to initiate the ending of DC.

I can't wait for the confrontation cases we're going to get. If this truly is the beginning of the end, that means the upcoming confrontation cases won't end in the status-quo preserving fashion—they have the potential to end in ways that even the Vermouth arc climax did. (Now whether they'll have the same impact as Dual Mysteries on a Full Moon Night or not is assuredly up for debate).

There are so many ways that Gosho can handle this... 1,009 and the next case can't come fast enough. We need a lot of questions answered and a lot of additional information and context provided.

Ah I hadn't thought of that

•  

The Black Organization's formal name gives away the boss' name. [34] "The Black Organization" is not the real name of the Organization. Karasu is the formal name, hence Karasuma, also if a at end is replaced with i, it becomes karasumi, which means Crow's nest, also Karasuma Renya can be taken to mean as Family of Crows meanwhile karasuma can be interpreted as evil /Demon Crow as well

25 minutes ago, Shreevatsa said:
  Reveal hidden contents

who mailed Amuro? Vermouth? it might be possible that current RUM is 3rd generation RUM, that's why 3 contradictory descriptions

Spoiler

No pics of it have come out, but reports say that it's Rum telling Rei/Toru/Bourbon to look into Shinichi Kudo.

Spoiler

This is all adding up very nicely.

Kohji's message contains the name of the Org and Amanda had connections to FBI and CIA.

Tsutomu went missing after getting involved mentioning horrible people. Maybe he figured out the message.

However, that doesn't mean Rum is Karasuma, I think it means Kohji knew the Org's real name and got killed for it along with Amanda to ensure secrecy due to her connections cause it was proven she was in his room. 

The missing link is Asaka who I presume is Rumi. 

Renya being confirmed to be part of the Org is interesting considering past events.

He is history, all we know is about his past,decades ago.

And I am willing to bet Vermouth has her place there as well due to her age issue. 

No way that can be a coincidence we have events from decades ago relating to Renya while we have a woman who's age and apparently non-aging is a huge mystery.

The piece is35px-Shogi_ryuma.png, horse, UMA, the last 3 letters of CARASUMA (Karasu=Crow & Uma=Horse (but in this context black), both associated with nightmare/ evil, also does anybody think that's why Conan was riding on black horse on Darkest Nightmare Illustration, aside from black horse association with nightmare)

Is it only me or the shougi piece https://image.prntscr.com/image/TwPKPZIuSKi8z_7pIOocdg.jpg https://image.prntscr.com/image/PBFkCep4T66yR1vpj0dKTA.jpg strangely resemble the kana characters キち, Kichi,  as well