DCUniverseAficionado

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 1,000–1,005: The Crimson School Trip

4 hours ago, Balthazar Manfredie said:

everything till Vermouth A

cell phone B

ill give Kirr without the AOs A with them B-

Bourbon D

Rum C

So, for instance, while Black Impact and Clash of Red and Black felt like Team Shinichi/Conan Vs the BO, Mystery Train and Scarlet Showdown just felt like Team Shinichi/Conan Vs Bourbon (a NOC) and Vermouth (a disloyal member, when it comes to Shinichi/Conan and Ran)? And then there's the length and repetition.

Though I will say that Mystery Train created the new status quo of the BO thinking Shiho/Sherry is dead—upsetting the old status quo that had been a thing for over 600 files/just under 15 years—and that new status quo has held steady for nearly 200 files/over 5 years.

6 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

So, for instance, while Black Impact and Clash of Red and Black felt like Team Shinichi/Conan Vs the BO, Mystery Train and Scarlet Showdown just felt like Team Shinichi/Conan Vs Bourbon (a NOC) and Vermouth (a disloyal member, when it comes to Shinichi/Conan and Ran)? And then there's the length and repetition.

Though I will say that Mystery Train created the new status quo of the BO thinking Shiho/Sherry is dead—upsetting the old status quo that had been a thing for over 600 files/just under 15 years—and that new status quo has held steady for nearly 200 files/over 5 years.

I think  BO cases  started to go downhill from there 

my favorite cases are the ones that take place on a train, with the addition of the BO you would think i would have a blast

it was good, bit my expectations were so high that it didnt meet them

while red T-shirts case was surprisingly better then i thought it would be ( when i broke it down )

but doest Vermouth know she is alive

and if she knows, to me it makes no difference 

she will hunt her

19 minutes ago, Balthazar Manfredie said:

I think  BO cases  started to go downhill from there 

my favorite cases are the ones that take place on a train, with the addition of the BO you would think i would have a blast

it was good, bit my expectations were so high that it didnt meet them

while red T-shirts case was surprisingly better then i thought it would be ( when i broke it down )

but doest Vermouth know she is alive

and if she knows, to me it makes no difference 

she will hunt her

So was Mystery Train a B or a C, then? And what about Red Shirts?

Well, she's known for nearly 200 files/over 5 years, and hasn't made a move. If she's going to try again, what's going to be different in her third attempt at doing so? If nothing else, this has been a period where the BO no longer considers Shiho/Ai a threat to their secrecy. Shiho/Ai has always been either a part of the BO's system, or was sought after by all of them—this is the first time that neither one of these is true.

6 minutes ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

So was Mystery Train a B or a C, then? And what about Red Shirts?

Well, she's known for nearly 200 files/over 5 years, and hasn't made a move. If she's going to try again, what's going to be different in her third attempt at doing so? If nothing else, this has been a period where the BO no longer considers Shiho/Ai a threat to their secrecy. Shiho/Ai has always been either a part of the BO's system, or was sought after by all of them—this is the first time that neither one of these is true.

i gave at that time the train case an 8/10

what grade that is you can tell me, since i dont know

as for the red shirts

i thought

how could any BO case after the  clash even live up 

red shirts was a nice continuation to it if you will

like a end to and end, if that makes sense 

im saying that she will hunt her but it wont make anything different

Ai is going nowhere

13 hours ago, Balthazar Manfredie said:

i gave at that time the train case an 8/10

what grade that is you can tell me, since i dont know

That would be a B.

as for the red shirts

i thought

how could any BO case after the  clash even live up 

red shirts was a nice continuation to it if you will

like a end to and end, if that makes sense 

So would Red Shirts also be a B (8 out of 10)?

Is the Post Mystery Train part of the Bourbon arc (File 825–File 898/Episode 705–Episode 783) what brought the Bourbon arc down to a D for you? Would the Bourbon arc have been a C without it?

im saying that she will hunt her but it wont make anything different

Ai is going nowhere

That's been the case long before Mystery Train—it's been the case since she turned down the FBI's offer to go into witness protection (File 435–File 437/Episode 346–Episode 347). She may not be going anywhere, and Vermouth may know the truth about her "death," but my point is that the rest of the BO does not know.

58 minutes ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

That would be a B.

So would Red Shirts also be a B (8 out of 10)?

Is the Post Mystery Train part of the Bourbon arc (File 825–File 898/Episode 705–Episode 783) what brought the Bourbon arc down to a D for you? Would the Bourbon arc have been a C without it?

That's been the case long before Mystery Train—it's been the case since she turned down the FBI's offer to go into witness protection (File 435–File 437/Episode 346–Episode 347). She may not be going anywhere, and Vermouth may know the truth about her "death," but my point is that the rest of the BO does not know.

I guess its an 8.5, maybe a 9

I cant be sure

yes, i think you summed it up well with that line

thats true

i was alluding to  her safety

53 minutes ago, Balthazar Manfredie said:

i was alluding to  her safety

Sure, Vermouth could try to kill her in secret, like the first time, and the only difference would be that the rest of the BO believed that Shiho/Sherry was alive the first time, and that the didn't believe so the third time. But I think this is the safest Shiho/Ai has felt in her life—which is quite something compared to how she must've felt, at the beginning—and this'll be the case until Vermouth actually tries again. She broke her promise to Shinichi/Conan once... without the excuse of Bourbon's involvement, and with the BO not looking for her, though, part of me wonders, if she is going to try again, what's she going to do differently that will bring about success?

6 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Sure, Vermouth could try to kill her in secret, like the first time, and the only difference would be that the rest of the BO believed that Shiho/Sherry was alive the first time, and that the didn't believe so the third time. But I think this is the safest Shiho/Ai has felt in her life—which is quite something compared to how she must've felt, at the beginning—and this'll be the case until Vermouth actually tries again. She broke her promise to Shinichi/Conan once... without the excuse of Bourbon's involvement, and with the BO not looking for her, though, part of me wonders, if she is going to try again, what's she going to do differently that will bring about success?

i agree with this

anywway

did sera introduce conan to her mother these days 

5 hours ago, Balthazar Manfredie said:

did sera introduce conan to her mother these days 

We've been waiting for this since the latter was introduced in October 2013... still no dice. First, the meeting got thwarted by Ran and Sonoko (File 903–File 905/Episode 787–Episode 788), and then Mary tells Masumi to "keep [her] guard up around... Conan Edogawa" (File 951–File 953/Episode 863–Episode 864). We can only hope Shinichi's appearance due to the APTX antidote and his interaction with Masumi will, sooner than later, lead somewhere.

Just like Gosho has Shiho/Ai keep a lot of her BO knowledge to herself, he keeps Shinichi/Conan from meeting Mary—it means that Gosho doesn't want Shinichi/Conan, and, thus, we the audience, to know what Mary knows. Hopefully, with the developments of last year (Koji Haneda, Tsutomu Akai), it means we're gonna getting somewhere soon (well, soon in terms of how Gosho currently (currently as in 2003–present, and especially 2007–present) paces things).

8 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

We've been waiting for this since the latter was introduced in October 2013... still no dice. First, the meeting got thwarted by Ran and Sonoko (File 903–File 905/Episode 787–Episode 788), and then Mary tells Masumi to "keep [her] guard up around... Conan Edogawa" (File 951–File 953/Episode 863–Episode 864). We can only hope Shinichi's appearance due to the APTX antidote and his interaction with Masumi will, sooner than later, lead somewhere.

Just like Gosho has Shiho/Ai keep a lot of her BO knowledge to herself, he keeps Shinichi/Conan from meeting Mary—it means that Gosho doesn't want Shinichi/Conan, and, thus, we the audience, to know what Mary knows. Hopefully, with the developments of last year (Koji Haneda, Tsutomu Akai), it means we're gonna getting somewhere soon (well, soon in terms of how Gosho currently (currently as in 2003–present, and especially 2007–present) paces things).

it may 

and 100 chapters later to a resolution to what happens here 

6 minutes ago, Balthazar Manfredie said:

and 100 chapters later to a resolution to what happens here 

And that's not getting into what new things Gosho may introduce—be they entirely new threads, or new elements to already existing threads—over the course of the next 100 files.

9 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

And that's not getting into what new things Gosho may introduce—be they entirely new threads, or new elements to already existing threads—over the course of the next 100 files.

i wonder 

if i were to die in 5 years

would something like DC, that i invested so much time in, care for to find out the truth

19 hours ago, Balthazar Manfredie said:

i wonder 

if i were to die in 5 years

would something like DC, that i invested so much time in, care for to find out the truth

I think we'll get File 1,110 in 2020—it typically takes 3 years for Gosho to make 100 Files (that's how long it took for him to get from File 900 to File 1,000—when DC started, it took him only 2 years to make the first 100 Files... it's steadily gotten longer since the Kir arc).

Apologies for the double post.

File 1,001 has unexpectedly released—all 16 pages of it. PM me for a link if you don't already know where to go. Wonder if this'll be happening as long as this case lasts—nearly a year ago, the Akai family flashback case bucked the trends of how spoilers usually came out, too.

Here are the summaries:

Spoiler

Red Thread:

Apparently that "mysterious guy" is Heiji, Shinichi asked him to come along to the trip to cover for him. 
Haibara's advice for the antidote 1. Once the effect wears off do not take the second one until eight hours later 2. During that time don't let anyone see you 3. Don't be too noticeable as Kudo Shinichi 4. Don't do anything too intimate.
She actually only listed 3, but she added the last "intimate" warning, and when Conan asked her why was there a fourth note and what it meant she said "whatever on the fourth note, just follow the first three" and blushed. 
Shinichi's roommate:"tell us about your London confession did you and Mouri kissed?" Heiji with the voice changing bow tie covering for Shinichi "of course! I did everything!"

Jecka:

So the title is "The Crimson Demon". The drug lasts for 8 hours, and Haibara makes him promise not to do anything that'll make him stand out.
The reason why Hattori has to get involved is because Conan *can't* take the next one right away. He has to wait a bit between each dose.
Keiko is the one who sent the text to Shinichi to come and save them."

No break next week!

As for my thoughts on the development of the case...

Spoiler

Someone gets attacked/spooked, but not killed? Does that mean the victim of this non-lethal encounter isn't a victim at all (File 20–File 26/Episode 22–Episode 23; File 734–File 740/Episode 611–Episode 613; File 872–File 875/Episode 754–Episode 756), but actually the culprit, who set the encounter up as part of their plan? It'd be very in line with Gosho's approach for the longer cases. Unless he did set up the goblin "attack," but wasn't the murderer—though I consider that possibility doubtful—either way, we'll have to see if File 1,002 makes this a serial murder case... and if Mr. Composer will be the next murder victim or not. If he is killed next file, then I'll shift back to my original prediction—that Keiko is the killer. If he's not killed next file, then I'll maintain that he's the killer.

And welcome, Inspector Ayanokoji—a movie character has graduated to manga canon for the second case in a row. Masumi's reaction to his squirrel was priceless. :D

EDIT:

After reading Yunnie's translation...

Spoiler

Page 10
Fumimaro: "So that's what Shinichi Kudo... said about me... this is quite strange... I've never met Kudo before... maybe he asked Conan or the others?"

Page 13
Fumimaro: "So you’re Shinichi Kudo… oh?... and the one behind you... Heiji Hattori, son of the Osaka prefectural police superintendent, if I’m not mistaken?"

This line of dialogue implies that Shinichi/Conan and the literally-just-introduced-in-the-manga Fumimaro have already met. Though it also seems that he doesn't recognize Heiji—it seems this is the first time they met—and in Movie 7, they definitely interacted, so we have a similarity and a difference between Fumimaro in the movie (met Shinichi/Conan and Heiji) and Fumimaro in the manga (only met Shinichi/Conan). 

This strikes me as similar to when Ninzaburo became part of the manga cast (File 208–File 210/Episode 146–Episode 147), and how he was more aware of who Shinichi/Conan was and who he was staying with than other Tokyo MPD officers—thus referencing their meeting in Movie 1—but did not reference the events of Movie 1 (the bombings, Teiji Moriya, etc.), meaning their manga meeting was different from their movie meeting. If that's so, then Fumimaro's knowledge of Shinichi/Conan is a reference to their meeting in Movie 7, but they didn't meet in the manga while investigating a serial killer in samurai/Benkei garb—they met in both the manga and in the movies, but each meeting was different, where Fumimaro met Shinichi/Conan and Heiji simultaneously in one 'verse (movies), and another 'verse where Heiji was not involved in the first meeting between Fumimaro and Shinichi/Conan (manga). 

Maybe this also applies to Momiji meeting Heiji (and addressing whether Heiji and Momiji are going to have to meet again—whether the manga is going to have a different first meeting than the one in Movie 21, or are they just going to see each other for the first in the manga, but then reference Movie 21)—maybe they did already met in the mangaverse, just not during a Karuta competition where she and Kazuha went up against each other, but, rather, under different and less dangerous circumstances.

Apologies for the triple post (guess that's just how barren this thread has been for the past 10 days).

File 1,002 spoiler pics are finally out (the tardiness of their arrival is likely due to us getting File 1,001 in its entirety on the 16th):

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5292258015

Spoiler

Momiji finally appears and meets Shinichi, Ran, Sonoko and Masumi.

EDIT:

The raw of File 1,002 is now out and has been translated by Yunnie—PM me for a link if you don't already know where to go to find it.

Spoiler

On Momiji and Ran...

Page 12:

Ran: Momiji-san!!

Sonoko: Do you know her?

Ran: Yes! We met when me and dad travelled to Kyoto before…

Again, movies seem to be more of a guideline than a rule (to borrow the Pirates of the Caribbean expression) when it comes to (completely new, as in Fumimaro's case, or fairly new, as in Momiji's case) new characters in this case—Fumimaro has met Shinichi/Conan, and Momiji has met Ran, but the manga how (the specific circumstances) is different from the movie how. While Fumimaro doesn't bring up the specific circumstances, it's unlikely that he and Shinichi/Conan met during a string of serial murders by someone dressed as Benkei (Movie 7)—plus, it seems he and Heiji didn't meet prior to File 1,001, whereas they did meet in Movie 7 (which came out around when File 433 came out). Ran implies that only she and Kogoro went to Kyoto at some unspecified point in time, and only they met Momiji—whereas in Movie 21, Ran, Kogoro, Kazuha, and Shinichi/Conan and the DBs all met Momiji during a Karuta tournament (specifically, during a TV taping of a match).

Well, read file 1002 this morning. It was a breath of fresh air to see that Aoyama-sensei has deviated from what has become the norm of late, with each case spanning three files. Maybe this will turn into a whole sub-arc of its own, like the London trip or the first time Haibara have Conan the antidote. I wouldn't mind having a Kyoto sub-arc, especially if Aoyama-sensei somehow brings the Black Organization into it somehow. I've wanted to see Hattori get directly involved in a Black Organization case for a while now. But, I doubt it will actually happen. Yet. Although, with Sera having figured out Conan's secret...

and dropping very NOT subtle hints...

...maybe Aoyama-sensei will finally let Ran learn the truth. A guy can hope at least, right?

Well, read file 1002 this morning. It was a breath of fresh air to see that Aoyama-sensei has deviated from what has become the norm of late, with each case spanning three files. Maybe this will turn into a whole sub-arc of its own, like the London trip or the first time Haibara have Conan the antidote. I wouldn't mind having a Kyoto sub-arc, especially if Aoyama-sensei somehow brings the Black Organization into it somehow. I've wanted to see Hattori get directly involved in a Black Organization case for a while now. But, I doubt it will actually happen. Yet. Although, with Sera having figured out Conan's secret...

...maybe Aoyama-sensei will finally let Ran learn the truth. A guy can hope at least, right?

Edited by AnimeOtakuDrew
Browser problems. Sorry for the duplicate posts. If an admin could delete them, it would be much appreciated.

Has been a while!

Quite an interesting case so far, but more importantly congratulations to to Gosho, other people involved with DC and all  fans on reaching 1000 files! :)

One thing I notice is that a many important characters are appearing... Heiji, Sera, Yukiko, Yuusaku, and of course Shinichi himself. If this pattern continues, we might actually get BO involved as well, which will be great. 

The tone set in file 1003 really makes it seem that the case will end in one, or at most two more files, but his appearance on TV I think is a really big deal. So far he has appeared as Shinichi many times but I think it's his first time that he was actually caught on TV. Obviously there's no way Gosho included him with Heiji in that picture for no reason. And if BO really finds this, I doubt the they can just say that it was Okita, BO can't be fooled that easily(I hope not at least). Also this hide and seek with Sera and Mary has been going for a while now, if Gosho doesn't plan on actually making progress on that, I don't see why he will bring up Sera giving hints that she knows who Shinichi is so many times... the audience already knows that she is aware of the shrinkage, so I really think she will actually confront him as Conan finally. Besides no way she won't, last time luckily the timing worked out and he managed to hide out, but if Sera wants she can easily confront him this time. I don't know if she will but I think we need some progress with this Mary deal. I think the information that there was a substance prior to APTX 4869 which when consumed shrinks someone, which even someone of Gin's level probably doesn't know about might be something of interest to Conan... but more particularly to Haibara. I have been wondering for a while now, but it feels like Haibara certainly knows more about BO than she has shared with Conan, it will be great if Conan finally learns about the substance that shrunk Mary and asks Haibara about it. 

Gosho really has many ways of going with this case... the Sera/Mary line, the BO line, or maybe both. If it's the BO line I hope we get to learn more about RUM, he might be involved in it directly even.