Detective Conan World
DCUniverseAficionado

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 1,000–1,005: The Crimson School Trip

RULES

1. Please use spoiler boxes until a full English translation is available.

2. NO DIRECT LINK to any Japanese scans (RAWs) or English scans (Japanese spoiler images are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very far away from a full scan).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

[spoiler]Text you want to write[/spoiler]

We made it, everyone—DC's 290th case begins with File 1000!

Mad props to all DC fans, veteran or not—here's to you for hanging in there! :D

tenor.gif

Oh, and to Gosho and the 23 years and 7 months it took to get to this point. :o

I will update this post when the spoiler pics become available.

EDIT:

File 1000 spoiler pics now out (File 1,000 is the exception to my page-limit rule... uh, unless, mods, that's still a violation—please let me know if it is):

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5256800482

Break next week—File 1,001 spoiler pics will be out in two weeks from today.

• Upvote 1

I have noticed one thing about the mysterious man, who is watching Shinichi.

He is right-handed, because he wears his watch on his left wrist.

Update: The footprints on the celling are bare footprint. Toeprints are different from each other just like fingerprint. Perhaps that will come in use.

Edited by Aries Bless

51 minutes ago, Aries Bless said:

I have noticed one thing about the mysterious man, who is watching Shinichi.

He is right-handed, because he wears his watch on his left wrist.

If this guy is Heiji, then it could be that he's looking at his watch because of the APTX antidote—but unless Shiho/Ai were to trust him with that knowledge and unless she were to ask him to keep an eye out on Shinichi (and given both how rare the interaction between Heiji and Shiho/Ai is, and that the interactions between them we do have feature her calling him an idiot (Shiragami case)), that may not be the case at all.

Lol people wondering about who mystery guy is and the case itself and I be over here like "is Ran going to initiate the kiss or is Shinichi" XD

but damn this case seems like it's going to be a lot of fun!!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Sporkums said:

I remember back when I actually enjoyed "Shinichi comes back" cases

Welcome back! :)

Looks like File 1,000 pulled you back in—though, with a reaction like this, it seems you'll be jumping right back out. I hope, at this point, this isn't that bad for you. I would say, "we're just 1 file in," but, unfortunately, I think this case would have to pull a complete 180 to even have a chance of even beginning to turn things around for you.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Welcome back! :)

Looks like File 1,000 pulled you back in—though, with a reaction like this, it seems you'll be jumping right back out. I hope, at this point, this isn't that bad for you. I would say, "we're just 1 file in," but, unfortunately, I think this case would have to pull a complete 180 to even have a chance of even beginning to turn things around for you.

Absolutely. This was just my reaction to the 1,000th file.  Gosho's handling of all the characters and story turned me off for good, and from what I've seen of the story since I left, nothing has changed.

7 minutes ago, Uncle Sporkums said:

Absolutely not. This was just my reaction to the 1,000th file.  Gosho's handling of all the characters and story turned me off for good, and from what I've seen of the story since I left, nothing has changed.

thats why i have decided to stop watching and reading and wait till it all ends

there are a lot more stuff to go by till that

It still wouldn't change my opinion, though. It would be an outgrowth of the series as it currently is.

To say something back on topic, Shinichi's appearances used to be a fun plot point for me (because I wasn't clear on his re-arrival here, I though it was another flashback case at first.), as the story would also aid it, but it became yet another disappointment as time went on (for me, not the rest of the fans) with the London case being the straw that broke the camel's back. After that, the rest of the Bourbon arc and the circumstances with RUM proved I was done with even following the Org story arc. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Sporkums said:

It still wouldn't change my opinion, though. It would be an outgrowth of the series as it currently is.

To say something back on topic, Shinichi's appearances used to be a fun plot point for me (because I wasn't clear on his re-arrival here, I though it was another flashback case at first.), as the story would also aid it, but it became yet another disappointment as time went on (for me, not the rest of the fans) with the London case being the straw that broke the camel's back. After that, the rest of the Bourbon arc and the circumstances with RUM proved I was done with even following the Org story arc. 

So you're joining Balthazar in abstaining from DC until we reach the end, then? Or are you of the opinion that there's no point in doing even that?

Are there any aspects of 2007–present DC that you like, or are even "not bad" aspects just inferior versions of what used to be good or great?

First point, the latter.

The Kir arc was "okay" for me, it was when the Bourbon arc debut and these additional characters were added that it became irredeemable for me. By then, the Org cases were really the only ones I'd followed, anyway.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Uncle Sporkums said:

First point, the latter.

Yikes. But the revelation of, say, Vermouth's backstory or Anokata's identity has gotta be worth a momentary peak, right? Just to see what Gosho chose to go with for the answers to the big questions. Just to see if it would've worked had DC ended in, say, 2005?

49 minutes ago, Uncle Sporkums said:

The Kir arc was "okay" for me, it was when the Bourbon arc debut and these additional characters were added that it became irredeemable for me.

So even if it was executed the best it could possibly be executed, the concept is too flawed for the result to be anything but... C, D or F (in other words, is the quality of 2007–present DC straight-up terrible (is it an F?), or is it below average (is it a D?...) to average (...or a C?))?

Not really. From how they're going about hinting at it, it sounds just as uninteresting to me.

It's an F to me, because of how I felt this  trend in terms of new characters, character actions and inconsistencies rubbed me the wrong way. I simply don't approve of the types of story and character turns it took. Gosho has to keep it going, and in doing so, lost my interest. Then again, this is just my opinion of the matter, you are all free to enjoy this series, I simply cannot find any more value in it.

2 hours ago, Uncle Sporkums said:

First point, the latter.

The Kir arc was "okay" for me, it was when the Bourbon arc debut and these additional characters were added that it became irredeemable for me. By then, the Org cases were really the only ones I'd followed, anyway.

It happens exactly the same to me. I am entertained by the cases, but I prefer the story to end, instead of continuing at this level.

1 hour ago, LaJota said:

It happens exactly the same to me. I am entertained by the cases, but I prefer the story to end, instead of continuing at this level.

Except he wasn't into the non-BO cases, as far back as 10 years ago, and over the course of the past 10 years, he gave up on the BO ones, too.

3 hours ago, Uncle Sporkums said:

...when the Bourbon arc debut... Org cases were really the only ones I'd followed, anyway.

2 hours ago, Uncle Sporkums said:

It's an F to me...

Gosho has to keep it going, and in doing so, lost my interest.

I simply cannot find any more value in it.

Well, even so, I'll tell you how it ended, when it does, then you can explain to me everything wrong with it, just so I can understand a perspective that, by that point—I think—will be the opposite of mine... if you don't mind that, of course. 

So if it's an F—straight-up terrible—does it go on the worst manga you've read list? Or is DC's worst still better than that?

Sounds good. 

Sorry if that aggravates you, but, yes, the mangas I have read, even some bad ones, have had more enjoyable moments than Conan is now. Not back in the era I described. And again, it's my opinion and my taste.

9 minutes ago, Uncle Sporkums said:

...yes, the mangas I have read, even some bad ones, have had more enjoyable moments than Conan is now. Not back in the era I described. 

So, in terms of grading DC's segments, we have (correct me if necessary, on the first two):

1994–2003: A

2003–2007: C

2007–present: F

So what's the overall grade, for Detective Conan?

• Upvote 1

its common knowledge thAt most folks find DC more and more boring after the kir arc

it was like...this again, and then again

im just wondering, for all of its greatness, will DC be at the end looked as overrated 

but kudos for gosho on 1000, no matter how you look at it, its an amazing thing to accomplish 

55 minutes ago, Balthazar Manfredie said:

its common knowledge thAt most folks find DC more and more boring after the kir arc

it was like...this again, and then again

im just wondering, for all of its greatness, will DC be at the end looked as overrated 

but kudos for gosho on 1000, no matter how you look at it, its an amazing thing to accomplish 

On here? Sure. In Japan? Here's a pretty recent Shonen Sunday poll about the best DC cases (https://www.facebook.com/DCTheRedThread/posts/1549149298470351):

1. Scarlet Return - Vol.85 File 894-898 (8489 votes)
2. Mermaid's Curse - Vol.28 File 279-283 (5835 votes)
3. Moonlight Sonata - Vol.07 File 62-67 (5742 votes)
4. Holmes' Book of Revelation (London Arc) - Vol.71-72 File 743-752 
5. Trembling Metropolitan Police HQ - Vol.36-37 File 369-373
6. Memories of the Sakura gumi (Shinichi and Ran's first meeting case) - Vol.87 - File 921-924
7. Ebisu bridge - Vol.83 - File 879-881
8. Golden Apple (Kudo Shinichi's NY case) - Vol.34+35 - File 350-354
9. Mystery Train - Vol.78 - File 818-824
10. Desperate Revival - Vol.26 - File 252-257

If so, then for the 2007–present period, more than anything else. I guess it depends on just what grade you give the Bourbon arc (whether you give it a C or an F).

9 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

On here? Sure. In Japan? Here's a pretty recent Shonen Sunday poll about the best DC cases (https://www.facebook.com/DCTheRedThread/posts/1549149298470351):

1. Scarlet Return - Vol.85 File 894-898 (8489 votes)
2. Mermaid's Curse - Vol.28 File 279-283 (5835 votes)
3. Moonlight Sonata - Vol.07 File 62-67 (5742 votes)
4. Holmes' Book of Revelation (London Arc) - Vol.71-72 File 743-752 
5. Trembling Metropolitan Police HQ - Vol.36-37 File 369-373
6. Memories of the Sakura gumi (Shinichi and Ran's first meeting case) - Vol.87 - File 921-924
7. Ebisu bridge - Vol.83 - File 879-881
8. Golden Apple (Kudo Shinichi's NY case) - Vol.34+35 - File 350-354
9. Mystery Train - Vol.78 - File 818-824
10. Desperate Revival - Vol.26 - File 252-257

If so, then for the 2007–present period, more than anything else. I guess it depends on just what grade you give the Bourbon arc (whether you give it a C or an F).

i know everyone has their opinion and i respect that

but i just cant see how scarlet return ended up being first

no red vs black

no 20 year old symhony

no mountain villa

no osaka tiger and dragon

i do have a list of mine somewhere here on what the best i found but i cant remember where i posted it 

if you want my grade on the bourbon arc ill go with D

it seems the rest of the world contradicts these lists taken by the japanese fans

i personally and a lot of others disagreed with the top 100 anime that came out a while back

thanks for reviving the forums a bit

2 hours ago, Balthazar Manfredie said:

thanks for reviving the forums a bit

Think nothing of it. ^_^ It can be pretty quiet on here—compared to DCTP, at least.

i know everyone has their opinion and i respect that

but i just cant see how scarlet return ended up being first

it seems the rest of the world contradicts these lists taken by the japanese fans

i personally and a lot of others disagreed with the top 100 anime that came out a while back

no red vs black

no 20 year old symhony

no mountain villa

no osaka tiger and dragon

And it didn't narrowly win out 1st place—it won by a wide margin.

Seems they have different priorities and interests—they really seem to be into Shuichi and Rei/Toru/Bourbon, Heiji and Kazuha, and Shinichi and Ran. And they seem to want DC to keep on going, where many on here think that the fact that it's gone on this long is only to DC's detriment.

They put Moonlight Sonata on there, as well as the Matsuda Serial Bomber case, the Mermaid case, Golden Apple and Desperate Revival. They seem to value those particular classics, at least.

i do have a list of mine somewhere here on what the best i found but i cant remember where i posted it 

if you want my grade on the bourbon arc ill go with D

What are your grades for the other arcs (including the Rum arc, so far)?

6 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Think nothing of it. ^_^ It can be pretty quiet on here—compared to DCTP, at least.

And it didn't narrowly win out 1st place—it won by a wide margin.

Seems they have different priorities and interests—they really seem to be into Shuichi and Rei/Toru/Bourbon, Heiji and Kazuha, and Shinichi and Ran. And they seem to want DC to keep on going, where many on here think that the fact that it's gone on this long is only to DC's detriment.

They put Moonlight Sonata on there, as well as the Matsuda Serial Bomber case, the Mermaid case, Golden Apple and Desperate Revival. They seem to value those particular classics, at least.

What are your grades for the other arcs (including the Rum arc, so far)?

i would love it if their priorities changed 

however i do think those oldies e are great cases

well

ill go with this ( including anime too)

i think that from start till up until the end of vermouth arc things were looking great, minor AO problems

things after that started to loose steam

while Kirs arc was good without the AOs, but having them there really ruined it for me

i still like it but its less to enjoy

and then bourbon started off nicely but became a drag and the reveals were so meh, the AOs were bad

its the same for RUM but just a bit better then bourbon, also the AOs were bad

now its just recycled plots for everyone with a few things polished

everything till Vermouth A

cell phone B

ill give Kirr without the AOs A with them B-

Bourbon D

Rum C