Detective Conan World
Bear

Movie 14: Lost Ship in the Sky

How did you find movie 14?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find movie 14

• Brilliant! Arguably the best DC movie to date!
    • The movie was fantastic! Definitely one of my favorites.
    • The movie was great!
    • It was good...
    • It was alright. [Neutral]
    • the movie wasn't so good. Meh.
    • The movie was bad and disappointing.
    • The movie was horrible! I hated it!
    • The worst DC movie to date....PERIOD!

Movie 14 is one of the few movies where Conan uses his soccer ball more then once - PLUS.

The Action Scene (admittingly dull compared to 13) - PLUS.

Kaito and Ran (and that ending!) - PLUS.

Length (that long?!) - MINUS

Mystery Factor (not much to go on) - MINUS.

Kimi Ga Ireba (another remix?) - PLUS.

Hattori Apperance (two jokes, plus the arrest) - PLUS

Plot

- CLIMAX (battle on the airship) - PLUS.

- Buildup (people getting "infected") - PLUS.

- Does the plot make sense? (another hostage situation?) - NO. MINUS.

Overall, the movie was OK. Can be better. Much better.

P.S: Hattori mentions omonyiaki (spelling?) again! (see movie 13).

I must be one of the few that really didn't like it...

I mentioned in the worst movies thread already the three things that I liked but I'll go in to detail what I did and did not like...

First of what I didn't like...

The entire plot was ridiculously contrived... Lets see if I can sum it up... Terrorist group "robs" a chemical facility and "steals" a deadly bacteria. But OH NOES Conan can't investigate because he has to be on an Airship to help catch Kid! But don't worry, the MacGuffin will come to save the day! Surprise surprise, they decide to "release" it on the ship, but wait! That is all part of ANOTHER plot to steal some priceless artifacts. So basically the mystery was simply a distraction for another mystery (why? Don't know, but it seemed like a lot of effort just for that). This all not to mention that it was a bacteria that was causing this was convenient enough to have one of the symptoms be rashes that were identical to ones that are caused by lacquer. (Show me a bacteria that will make a rash like that please? Most rashes caused by bacteria present themselves much differently than mere skin irritation, especially since it is an autoimmune reaction not a skin reaction) SO! that leaves us with a plot worthy of a fanfic. Every twist was forced and the mystery of the terrorist group was really only there to add tension to the Kid plot. Hell the Kid plot was barely even an issue, which as far as I can remember, was the selling point of this movie! If they wanted to make it about a terrorist plot, then do that! Don't sell it as a movie about Kid and then not make it about Kid! Its insulting!

What I did like:

Alright... So the scene when conan gets defenestrated from the Airship was awesome. Honestly only because he had it coming. That and it was fun to see everyone's reaction to Kid's unveiling. The subsequent scenes to get back on were fun as well. However thats all they were... fun... They weren't engaging or exciting.

The interaction between Kid and Ran was also fun (but again not exciting nor engaging). And I can't really explain it any other way. The ending was the best part.

All in all, this movie was reliant on MacGuffins and a contrived mostly meaningless plot which was designed to make it an exciting movie. The mystery was covering for a mystery, which was to make the mystery of Kid... more... exciting... I guess? Yeah...no... It didn't work. This movie worked only because of the interaction between Ran and Kaitou and that ending. But I cannot call a movie with an awesome ending good by any means. Most of the movie was forced and contrived. Was it fun? Sure... But bad movies are often fun because of how bad they are. And that was what 30% of this movie was. The rest was unwatchable tripe. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give this movie a 4/10. (It should have been a 3, but that ending scene was just that good. I would liken this movie to Double Team, horrible movie, but the ending makes it totally worth it)

Edit: PS: If you are not sure what a MacGuffin is, or you think it has anything to do with Chek, please google it or ask her.

• Upvote 1

Worst DC movie to date :

-bad fanservice

-the humour was childish and/or stupid

-pointless action scenes

-a very poorly built case (if you can even call that a case)

-one of the dumbest endings I've ever seen

-kaito centered

• Upvote 2

Worst DC movie to date :

-bad fanservice

-the humour was childish and/or stupid

-pointless action scenes

-a very poorly built case (if you can even call that a case)

-one of the dumbest endings I've ever seen

-kaito centered

These are my thoughts on it, such a pathetic movie with lazy writing

I like the music and the graphics are great but the plot is disappointing. It seems like a fan-service movie. I mean KID is awesome but this is like the 4th DC he's in. Heiji is totally forced into the plot. The bad guys don't seem scary. Too many 'shooting' scenes. Plot is all over the place and I couldn't fully enjoy the movie. But it could have been much worse. *cough* movie 11 *cough*

But really, Buddha Statues? I'm Buddhist. And sure statues cost a lot but really? And secondly, that is soo a repeat of movie 7.

it was ok for a kid movie. i still say 3 and 8 were better in that aspect but this was good for a few laughs even tho it was boring. 16 should be better...15 was way off the map. it was great even tho the bombing case was predictable it made up for that in dramatic scenes,some parts that make no sense, and REALLY well graphics and action scenes