Detective Conan World
DCUniverseAficionado

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] Magic Kaito, File 34–File 36: Sun Halo

RULES

1. Please use spoiler boxes until a full English translation is available.

2. NO DIRECT LINK to any Japanese scans (RAWs) or English scans (Japanese spoiler images are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very far away from a full scan).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

[spoiler]Text you want to write[/spoiler]

MK File 34 spoiler pics:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5082882485

Break next week, due to this coming week's edition of SS being a double issue (22-23). MK File 35 will officially be released on May 10th, so we can expect spoiler pics for it on May 5th.

1 hour ago, andieran said:

There already are some spoiler pics from chap 35 floating around

You are correct—and this is highly irregular, since spoiler pics typically come out on Friday. I have no idea why we're getting these two to three days early. 

There are currently 7 spoiler pics available for viewing. If you already know where to go to see them, then off you go. For those of you who do not know where to go to see them, then send me a PM and I will point you in the right direction.

Also—there is no break next week. MK File 36 will officially be released on May 17th, so we can expect spoiler pics for it on Friday the 12th (I don't dare to hope for a repeat of this week's early spoiler pic release, but you can mark Tuesday the 9th as the earliest possible date we can expect MK File 36 spoiler pics, if you like)

2 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

and this is highly irregular, since spoiler pics typically come out on Friday. I have no idea why we're getting these two to three days early. 

Its because its Golden Week in Japan

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 6:44 PM, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Basically, yeah.

We should get MK File 36 spoiler pics on Friday, then there'll be a break, next week, then we should get spoiler pics for 994 on the 26th.

I miss DC already. Any plot around MK this year?

6 hours ago, Kurara-chan said:

I miss DC already. Any plot around MK this year?

I'll wait for MK 36 spoilers before making final judgment, but it seems like there's not gonna be much (if at all) plot progress, here.

EDIT:

MK 36 spoilers are out:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5113041399

And, indeed, the status quo appears to reign supreme for Gosho, even if it's not DC.

I'll bet that he thinks it's more interesting with Aoko not knowing Kaito's identity, just like he thinks Ran not knowing Conan's identity is more interesting.

I don't know. I'm hoping that Aoko will realize that Kaito has the same injury as Kaito Kid after the whole ordeal is done. It would be fascinating to see how she deals with the moral dilemma of whether to betray Kaito by revealing his secret or betray her father by not giving him the criminal he's been after for so long. But, I really believe that, if Kaito confided the whole story to her, she would have his back. As for Aoyama-sensei maintaining the status quo, there's another possibility that you seem to have overlooked. What if he turns this into a carbon copy of the way Ran continually suspects Conan is Shinichi but never can get the incontrovertible proof to make him admit it? That would actually piss me off even more than if he just somehow leaves Aoko completely in the dark. We already have that dynamic to the point of staleness in DC, and (to a degree) with Hakuba and Akako in MK. If Aoyama-sensei turns around and does it with Aoko as well, I might even stop reading Magic Kaito. Just once I want to see the payoff of one of Aoyama-sensei's leading men take his love interest as a confidant! It could only be good for the series! I'm truly hoping that he will give it a shot now in MK and then, once he sees the positive fan reaction, realize it is time for a similar change of dynamic in DC. Come on, sensei! Use Kaito to test the waters! You have the perfect chance right now! I promise the water is neither too hot nor too cold! It's just right!

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 3:19 PM, AnimeOtakuDrew said:

Hide contents

I don't know. I'm hoping that Aoko will realize that Kaito has the same injury as Kaito Kid after the whole ordeal is done. It would be fascinating to see how she deals with the moral dilemma of whether to betray Kaito by revealing his secret or betray her father by not giving him the criminal he's been after for so long. But, I really believe that, if Kaito confided the whole story to her, she would have his back. As for Aoyama-sensei maintaining the status quo, there's another possibility that you seem to have overlooked. What if he turns this into a carbon copy of the way Ran continually suspects Conan is Shinichi but never can get the incontrovertible proof to make him admit it? That would actually piss me off even more than if he just somehow leaves Aoko completely in the dark. We already have that dynamic to the point of staleness in DC, and (to a degree) with Hakuba and Akako in MK. If Aoyama-sensei turns around and does it with Aoko as well, I might even stop reading Magic Kaito. Just once I want to see the payoff of one of Aoyama-sensei's leading men take his love interest as a confidant! It could only be good for the series! I'm truly hoping that he will give it a shot now in MK and then, once he sees the positive fan reaction, realize it is time for a similar change of dynamic in DC. Come on, sensei! Use Kaito to test the waters! You have the perfect chance right now! I promise the water is neither too hot nor too cold! It's just right!

Spoiler

I doubt it he will do it before near end. Japanese culture I think, for men to be secretive and don't tell to their love interests.

And MK will continue again next year. 

2 hours ago, Kurara-chan said:
  Hide contents

I doubt it he will do it before near end. Japanese culture I think, for men to be secretive and don't tell to their love interests.

And MK will continue again next year. 

MK itself only gets one heist every 3-4 years. 

Midnight Crow was 2014 and 

Phantom Lady was 2011.

oh had no idea new chapters were released. why the hell they aren't uploaded to bato.to

It was an interesting heist

Figured, nun was shady & the culprit when Kaito noticed it's fake

another reference ro Sanbutsu-ji like in movie[/spolier]

6 hours ago, Shreevatsa said:

So is the next time Kaito Kid gets next chapter is in next 3-4 years under the moonlight? :P 

Given that the last 3 MK cases have come out like this...

Phantom Lady: 2011

Midnight Crow: 2014

Sun Halo: 2017

...I would agree with that time-interval.

• Upvote 1