Detective Conan World
DCUniverseAficionado

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 990-993: Settling the Score

RULES

1. Please use spoiler boxes until a full English translation is available.

2. NO DIRECT LINK to any Japanese scans (RAWs) or English scans (Japanese spoiler images are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very far away from a full scan).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

[spoiler]Text you want to write[/spoiler]

990 Spoiler Pics are out—a full 11 pages of the file are now available (I'll provide the direct link to them in a PM, for those of you who don't know where to go to see them, already—it's currently my policy not to provide direct links to spoiler pics in threads if there are more than 5 of them... sorry, but there have been too many instances where I've linked to, basically, a complete Japanese file, which is not allowed).

• Upvote 1

Just don't let Yaiba in. He is even more magical than Akako in my opinion. 

With the movie is next month, Gosho is probably will let Heiji joins the case. Or we got Momiji?

I think it's a bit weird with this Okita (Shinichi-look-alike).

Do you think this is going to be a gender-confused case? You know since there are seperate toilets. And also it a bit weird that someone would speak about getting rid of a murder weapon in front of someone. Even if the witness is blind and didn't know what was going on.

991 spoiler pics are out—10 pics in all, so contact me via PM if you want to know where to go. Apologies to anyone who asked for the 990 spoiler pic links this past week and got no response from me—my internet was on the fritz, this past week.

I have some ideas concerning this case:

Since Aoyama had introduced Okita (a character in Yaiba), I'm thinking about the demon that Iori had talked about, there is a character in yaiba who has the same descriptions, Onimaru

300px-Onimaru2.png

also, wouldn't that old man be lying about his blindness may be to protect the culprit and why would the culprit talk about getting new cutter in front of some one even if he is blind.

2 hours ago, Kurara-chan said:

Chapter is out.

In Japanese? Do you mind PMing me a link to that?

On 3/24/2017 at 5:09 PM, DCUniverseAficionado said:

991 spoiler pics are out—10 pics in all, so contact me via PM if you want to know where to go. Apologies to anyone who asked for the 990 spoiler pic links this past week and got no response from me—my internet was on the fritz, this past week.

An amendment to this—my apologies for not saying this on Friday—there is a break this week. Thus, we won't see 992 spoiler pics until next Friday (April 7th).

6 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

In Japanese? Do you mind PMing me a link to that?

An amendment to this—my apologies for not saying this on Friday—there is a break this week. Thus, we won't see 992 spoiler pics until next Friday (April 7th).

In english. I read it manga aggregator site.

992 spoiler pics are out... and only 4 in total (so far), so I will provide the link in this thread (please note—if two more spoiler pics show up on tieba.baidu, I will have to remove this link, due to my personal policy when it comes to linking to spoiler pics, and you will once again have to ask in PM for it):

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5061053796

No break next week—993 spoiler pics should be out on the 14th.

• Upvote 1

About the "box-cutter" mystery:
Yunnie's Deduction

The line in Japanese sounds like ‘katta ga chi de kirehen kara, kawari wo mottekoi’. 

Old man thought that he said katta as shortened version of katta naifu, which means box cutter.

But actually the hint with cutter yacht told us, that the cutter can be something different. Why the old man thought of the knife? Because he doesn’t know any cutters and you can use ‘kiru’ with. Kiru means ‘to cut’… So, obviously, when you hear ‘cutter’ and ‘cut’ at the same sentence, you think that obviously he’s speaking about a cutter knife.
But, you know, kiru also has another meaning. Which is ‘to wear’.
Victim’s wife is bringing him spare clothes.
Victim had a nosebleed.
And, finally, cutter in kansaiben means ‘cutter shirt’! Or sports shirt with long sleeves.

And the mystery is clear as day:
‘katta ga chi de kirehen kara, kawari wo mottekoi’
Because of the blood, I can’t wear my cutter shirt, so bring me another one.
And the call was to his wife.

My thoughts on File 990-992:

Akane is probably the culprit.

She fed Nukitani with chocolate(which is bad for people with ulcer) to start his stomach ache, in order for him to leave and privately take medicine(luckily for her, he got a nosebleed that ruined his cutter shirt, which became another reason to leave for a private phone call). That way she can create an opportunity to kill him outside, close to the restroom(where her backpack was placed beforehand). Being his lover, she probably knew of his routines of where he goes when he wants privacy outside the tournament.

Conan might've realized that the culprit(Akane and her chocolate) was the reason to why Nukitani was taking medicine, right before getting killed, here:

nreDL6A.png

The culprit wore the hakama the other way around, compared to how Okita wore it. That's why the blood is in the back:

BWTdK8l.png

This could be due to a gender difference, in terms of how you wear a hakama.

Only the chocolate near the edge was melting because only that part was affected by heat:

x2btIfh.png

She might've tucked that side of the chocolate box behind her "tare"(within the "do"), which resulted the extra heat that accumulated on the edge of the box, or/and maybe the sewing scissor was hot and was touching the edge of the chocolate box(while they were in the bag).

The scissor was in someway used as a weapon. Maybe heat played into it. As for blood, the forensics were gonna test for it, but since this was premeditated, she probably managed to avoid leaving blood traces on it. She mentioned toilet paper was running out when she was exiting the restroom, so maybe that played a role again.

YjdrN9t.png

Iori is definitely the unknown silent passerby:

w5pt8KO.png

Considering that Momiji was willing to do something about Okita, It's possible that she is behind Onimaru's upcoming absence in the finals. She seemed to already be aware of Onimaru's situation, just by getting Iori's confirmation about something. Maybe the Tokyo governor is someone close to her.

xhMPTp4.png

And of course, last not but least,... the winner of this Kendo Tournament is:

WNCX4Q0.png

Namakoshi Kurahiko! ;D

About the weapon.
In File 992 (page 15, Batoto), Tsuneyuki mentions that he heard a rasping sound. It might've been what Takagi suggested, the sound of the cutter being broken apart. Akane might've broken down the cutter into pieces, using her scissor, after warming the cutter up under hot water. Afterwards, she hid the warm pieces under the chocolate(that were on the edge), which resulted the melting.

Just to let everyone know—993 spoiler pics aren't yet out. Seems they're late, this week.

EDIT:

993 spoiler pics are now out (and here's the link, since they're only 5 of them):

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5076294074?pn=1

993 will release in SS #21, this Wednesday—unfortunately, we won't get the next DC file (994) until SS #27 releases. Basically, we're in for a month of waiting.