Detective Conan World
PhiBrainChild

Newest Opening and Ending

Whenever I re-visit the forums, it feels like going through an old dusty room dedicated to this place in my mind palace.

Though this time, I wasn't able to resist the urge to post something. Probably because there's actually something that piqued my interest, and is enough of an excuse for a, hopefully, valid topic.

But first off, I'd like to wish everyone a happy new year, and hope that you're enjoying the winter holidays.

Now, I haven't been following the anime, or anything DC-related, for quite some time now. I do, however, check for new plot-related episodes, and of course openings and endings because it's always cool to see some nice editing and hear good music. And, as the title suggests, there's something I'd like to discuss about regarding the newest opening and ending.

Here are the relevant parts:

Opening

Spoiler

WotDb4E.gif

Spoiler

GDcAeMS.gif

Ending

Spoiler

1NE2IPy.gif

Spoiler

WUPaikk.gif

What I found odd is the number of times Shinichi is shown faceless, while in his former body. What makes it even more odd is that we're talking about one opening and one ending, both ran parallel with each other. It gave me a feeling as if they're hinting us that Shinichi's identity will slowly but surely fade away, and only Conan will remain at the end. And I'm not talking about others finding out that Conan is actually Shinichi, just about him not getting his former body back.

The question is, is it just me? There are three possibilities:

1) I'm over-analyzing this

2) It is actually a hint

3) Whichever the case, it has already been answered elsewhere but I'm not aware of it

It's just that, in all of the openings and endings so far, I've never seen them putting that much accent on a single detail. But then again, it may have simply been me not paying enough attention.

So, what are your thoughts on this?

PS: A bit of a time has passed before I tried submitting this post for the first time, and I almost lost the motivation of making one after seeing that my session has expired without any kind of a draft being saved, leaving me to write everything down again. Maybe it will spark some new ideas for future updates, hence why I'm mentioning it.

1 hour ago, PhiBrainChild said:

Shinichi's identity will slowly but surely fade away... only Conan will remain at the end... not getting his former body back.

Here's the thing about the opening: Shinichi's face is shown at the end... and here's the thing about the ending: Ran is also portrayed as "faceless."

And this is anime content, not manga. Gosho only really gets involved with the movies—I'm not sure he's involved in the anime at all. So it'd just be the staff hinting—assuming you're correct—not Gosho hinting... and this is assuming that the anime staff have been told by Gosho that Shinichi/Conan will not get a permanent antidote and will not immediately return to his real age, again, when the series ends.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Here's the thing about the opening: Shinichi's face is shown at the end... and here's the thing about the ending: Ran is also portrayed as "faceless."

Aye. I kept the scenes in gifs on purpose, so I don't mislead anyone who sees this to thinking that my loose theory has that much of a backup. Still, what kept me on the same string of thoughts is that Shinichi's faceless screen time definitely beats Ran's, and that him being shown at the end might be interpreted as someone to be remembered as a memorable person.

7 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

And this is anime content, not manga. Gosho only really gets involved with the movies—I'm not sure he's involved in the anime at all.

Now this is what I was waiting for, some new info. I'm both glad and sad to hear this, though. I suppose that TV Originals could've been better if Gosho was at least partially involved in them, but at least we get to enjoy some decent movies.

And it goes by default that, even if it may be a hint, it'll be from the staff. That's why I used the term "they".

Anyway, glad to see a reply!

Also, thanks for moving my thread to the appropriate section @Chekhov MacGuffin (the clues are hinting that it was your work hhh). It's nice to see a familiar name that's still active.

6 hours ago, PhiBrainChild said:

Aye. I kept the scenes in gifs on purpose, so I don't mislead anyone who sees this to thinking that my loose theory has that much of a backup.

Good on you for that. :)

Still, what kept me on the same string of thoughts is that Shinichi's faceless screen time definitely beats Ran's, and that him being shown at the end might be interpreted as someone to be remembered as a memorable person.

Sure, no question.

At this point, Shinichi's already a pretty memorable person—he's only appeared in 13 (manga) cases (and plenty of those were flashbacks, and a majority of those flashbacks were to when he actually was 7), compared to Shinichi/Conan appearing in every (manga) case (all 285 of them). At this point, he's pretty much (bar the 6 cases he appeared thanks to the temporary antidote) become a memory—a loose presence. The question is, will he stay like that by DC's end? It's not a matter of, "he's become a memory," it's a matter of, "will he remain a memory?"

And it goes by default that, even if it may be a hint, it'll be from the staff. That's why I used the term "they".

Yep. They'd have to know—to be told by Gosho—the end of DC being Shinichi/Conan staying Shinichi/Conan and not returning to being Shinichi for this to be a hint.

If only I ever get an opportunity to write an ending twist of the series, I'd want Ran to be somehow connected to the Black Organisation. Maybe she could be Vermouth's sister, or anything like that. However , things will get resolved in the end , and she'll end of with Shinichi, but this should not be easy. Maybe it will be revealed that Ai Haibara is non another than Vermouth ( LOL) and she has been disguised to take care of her sister ( Ran) and take revenge from Kudo. Maybe Vermouth has some issues with Kudo and she wants him dead, but realizes that Ran truly loves Kudo, so she decides to forgive him ( after a lot of drama, of course)  

Maybe Kaito Kid seems to care about Ran because of her resemblance with his girlfriend , who is later revealed to be Vermouth. Maybe Kaito finds out that Vermouth and Ran are sisters and decides to unite them.

Maybe Kaito always steals jewels because the only thing that could lead him to his girlfriend Vermouth ( now disguised as Ai Haibara ) is a ring that she owned. Maybe he sees a same type of ring in Ran's finger and this make him realize that Ran and Vermouth are sisters.

I guess I have already written so much, that is never going to happen though. 
I wish..!