Detective Conan World
Kiel95

What will happen to Miyano Shiho/Haibara Ai?

I'd think that since she is Gosho's favorite being the voice of his thoughts and all.. Will live..

But as to what happens, I guess she will redeem herself from the thoughts of being a traitor after some encouraging words from Akai.. And would choose to get her life back as Shiho do she won't give up and run away as Haibara..therefore leading her to either stay with Agasa as Shiho while helping him on inventions that would help humanity after the last chapters, or starting a project of her own and hitting off to travel back to America and start it off..I think she would find a love interest Furuya or new character (all the rest are taken XD) after getting over the crush on Shinichi..

Since Ai-chan has got so much love from the audience, I highly doubt a sad ending for her. I mean, she was more popular than Ran-san in a poll. I think after the introduction of these possibilities of her cousin being Masumi-san and all (if that is true, Akai-kun dated his own cousin sister Akemi-san which is gross incest) her ending will be more wholesome. I feel, after the BO being defeated and all in the end, she would want to come back in her adult form and say her final goodbyes, telling the truth to all who thought of her as a kid. I still feel that Atushi-sama and Elena-san aren't dead (parents of Shiho-chi), I mean after all BO needed their backup had Shiho-chi failed to continue as her parents' successor. And somewhere near the end they will be freed by the help of Conan-kun, Akai-kun, Masumi-san and of course Ai-chan. 

Regarding love interests, I still despise ConAi shipping because, c'mon people we know that won't ever happen. I feel that the soccer player Ryusuke Higo-kun will fall for Shiho-chi much to her own interests. He won't be as smart as Shiho-chi but then again who will? 

what i think is that she will die protecting conan in the final battle,, or something like that,, but she will die,,, and if that happenend i will.................. i just love her soooooooo much and cant think of DC without her,, but seriously she isnt paired with someone i mean he has no ending hinted yet, conan with ran, akai with jodie, kid with aoko,, but her ...... i really feel sorry for her,, and hope she will make it till the end,,,, 

On 10/25/2010 at 10:46 PM, Shinichi Kodou said:

well, what i think is going to happen at the end is... Haibara will get killed in a "war" against the BO, using her last breath she will confess her love to Shinichi, then he gets angry and fights his best untill they get the Org. down as a revenge for Haibara and her sis. then Ran and Shinichi marry and they get kids calling them conan and Ai :P:P well i maybe dreaming but i think shes gonna die :(

Oi oi, not the Harry Potter ending again!!

Haibara will return to normal adult Shiho in the last episode. She will remain Shinichi's close friend( As Conan will return to his normal self as well). She will not die or get killed. She'll remain uninvolved romantically, but she'll have a happy life when all the BO is dissolved. :-)

On 10/25/2010 at 11:17 AM, Kiel95 said:

since i have a feeling tha shiho/ai will not end up with anyone, it makes me wonder... what will be done with her character? she can't stay as a child ... a least, i doubt that would happen... but she most likely won't end up with shinichi... i am actually starting to think that possibly killing her off in the end may be done... i don't want that to happen but it might... if it does, i would want it to end with shiho/ai telling shinichi/conan her true feelings for him... even if he doesn't feel the same way, i think that would be a good way to end it... i'm depressed writing this since i love shiho/ai... but i was thinking really hard about this and i don't think that she has a place in the living world anymore (not like an outcast or anything) but it's like there is nowhere for her to turn... she isn't necessarily shunned, but her only life would be as haibara ai, but as an adult, and what she's said over the course of the episodes and chapters she has been in... i think she wants to be an adult again, and she doesn't like seeing herself as a child... yet she has no family other than the professor and he's not even blood related... that's why i wonder what would become of her... most characters end up with a lover or child-hood friend as a lover, but that isn't possible for shiho/ai unless it's mitsuxai and i really don't see that happening... i'd love to hear what you guys think will actually happen, not what we wish would happen, but what might actually be a valid ending... so i think that shinshi/conai endings are not included (sorry conais and shinshis, but i want a plausible ending...)

Just asking... what do you think of shiho rei? Rei did cling to Elena a lot and maybe he will come to like Ai very much. Plus she wouldn't need to explain anything to him cuz he would know and besides he is part of the Japanese Public Security bureau thus he can ensure her a pretty much normal life or a bit of excitement whenever she wishes...? Or would you rather put a death flag on him?

I'd rather have Ai turn back to Shiho. After all, she's an important witness of the organization's crime. I want her to testify their crimes. I also want her to face her fate bravely as Shiho instead of running away by staying as Ai and undo her childhood life. I don't mind if she doesn't have any lover at the end of the story. She's an amazing woman, so I'm sure there will be many men chasing after her once she's free from the organization, but if she has to have a lover, I think she'll be a good match for Saguru Hakuba. Saguru isn't just a capable detective. He also has good manner and personality. In addition, his family own a research center. Shiho can get a more normal life with him and her talent wouldn't be wasted.
I don't like Shinichi, but I have to admit he and Shiho could become a good couple. Unfortunately, currently he already has Ran, so I guess that means he's out of the list.

On 7/2/2018 at 5:49 PM, Shihocchi said:

Just asking... what do you think of shiho rei? Rei did cling to Elena a lot and maybe he will come to like Ai very much. Plus she wouldn't need to explain anything to him cuz he would know and besides he is part of the Japanese Public Security bureau thus he can ensure her a pretty much normal life or a bit of excitement whenever she wishes...? Or would you rather put a death flag on him?

Shiho and Rei? Hmm, it's true Rei's relationship with Elena might do good to his relationship with Shiho, but I think they wouldn't have romantic relationship since their age gap is large. Shiho's still 18 while Rei is already 29. At best their relationship will be like siblings, I think.
I also doubt Rei can ensure her a pretty much normal life just because he's a PSB agent. In fact, precisely because he's a PSB agent he might not be able to let Shiho have a normal life. His line of work often invites danger and this might put Shiho in the same situation. Even now he has to work with three identities: a PSB agent, a private eye, and a member of BO. He wouldn't have time to accompany Shiho like any other lover. Not  to mention Rei is a patriot and he even stated to Conan that his lover is his country (movie 22). Shiho will never be his priority. If they end up as a couple, It is highly probable their life will be similar to Tsutomu Akai and Mary. Shiho will often be left alone.
It's probably true Shiho will be able to deal with any kind of danger Rei brings with him since she's intelligent and have experience in it (she grew up in the organization after all), but in the end I still think their large age gap would make it difficult for them to reach romantic relationship.

On 12/12/2017 at 9:21 PM, Shreevatsa said:

Akai x Shiho;)

On 7/2/2018 at 5:49 PM, Shihocchi said:

Shiho x Rei is possible, but dubious due to the age gap is still quite big (11 years).

Akai x Shiho is a big NO. He is a first cousin of her and her late sister boyfriend, older than her by 13-14 years. 

I doubt that Shiho could date a civilian, she won't be able to disclose herself fully (her past especially).

How about Saguru Hakuba?

For me, the ship would be very much fulfilled if they decided to live together and pierce out Elena, as in Rei being the one who brings Shiho closer to her mom. Of course the age gap is a problem; the relationship of a very close, almost-family friend would already make me reach my shipping heaven. But a full-fledged romance might go just as well. 

I can very much imagine Rei capable of not only setting her straight in moments of Shiho's weakness which might increase when there is no fear to overshadow it, but also capable of riling her up if she should lose herself in the emptiness after the BO is taken down. Besides I think Rei (and Hakuba as well) has a complementary personality to Shiho's more mature side. They can keep each other on their toes and support each other on rainy days due to their (more or less) common past. 

That is my problem with Hakuba. He's a great guy and I'd entrust him with someone of Shiho's calibre but a) they have no plot connection and b) chances of him turning into a blushing schoolboy are higher than with Rei, esp. because I remember it happening to him to some character (was it Ran?). At that moment, I think he won't be compatible with Shiho. 

That is my reason for a Sherry Bourbon ship. Just imagine the tension that could build up!

The reason why I can't imagine an Akai×Shiho is mostly because of Akai×Akemi. Shiho might be suffocated by her sister's shadow on Akai.

On 2/6/2019 at 8:07 AM, AleksEmerald said:

I'd rather have Ai turn back to Shiho. After all, she's an important witness of the organization's crime. I want her to testify their crimes. I also want her to face her fate bravely as Shiho instead of running away by staying as Ai and undo her childhood life. I don't mind if she doesn't have any lover at the end of the story. She's an amazing woman, so I'm sure there will be many men chasing after her once she's free from the organization, but if she has to have a lover, I think she'll be a good match for Saguru Hakuba. Saguru isn't just a capable detective. He also has good manner and personality. In addition, his family own a research center. Shiho can get a more normal life with him and her talent wouldn't be wasted.
I don't like Shinichi, but I have to admit he and Shiho could become a good couple. Unfortunately, currently he already has Ran, so I guess that means he's out of the list.

Shiho and Rei? Hmm, it's true Rei's relationship with Elena might do good to his relationship with Shiho, but I think they wouldn't have romantic relationship since their age gap is large. Shiho's still 18 while Rei is already 29. At best their relationship will be like siblings, I think.
I also doubt Rei can ensure her a pretty much normal life just because he's a PSB agent. In fact, precisely because he's a PSB agent he might not be able to let Shiho have a normal life. His line of work often invites danger and this might put Shiho in the same situation. Even now he has to work with three identities: a PSB agent, a private eye, and a member of BO. He wouldn't have time to accompany Shiho like any other lover. Not  to mention Rei is a patriot and he even stated to Conan that his lover is his country (movie 22). Shiho will never be his priority. If they end up as a couple, It is highly probable their life will be similar to Tsutomu Akai and Mary. Shiho will often be left alone.
It's probably true Shiho will be able to deal with any kind of danger Rei brings with him since she's intelligent and have experience in it (she grew up in the organization after all), but in the end I still think their large age gap would make it difficult for them to reach romantic relationship.

You have many points there. I'll elaborate on them in the near future. But let me just sketch a few points before I am forced to log out. 

- though Rei might not ensure Shiho a normal life, he can cover up her complicated past and thus guarantee her a pretty good basis for a normal life if she wants to.

- I wasn't thinking of a 24/7 lovey-dovey for the two of them; as written above. They just are not the type for that. 

- the patriotic part of Rei is my only problem. The question is: where does Shiho's loyalty lie?

On 10/26/2010 at 2:25 AM, Kiel95 said:

i'm worried but i feel that you're right, and that shiho/ai will die... :(

at soem point the BO has to be taken out... that's the only thing she fears really... well that and loneliness, but i don't think mitsuhiko can protect her... even as an adult i dont really see him like that or think it possible...

yeah I don’t think haibara will end up with mitsuhiko she doesn’t even like him and yeah even if she stays as a child in her mind she’s an adult from the beginning of the series she maintained her maturity she sees her other friends as child’s she also stated that in some points so yeah it’s impossible for her to end up with mitsuhiko so yeah I’m afraid she might die in the future and With her last breath confessing her love for  shinchi 

Even if she remains as a child there’s no chance in hell that she will end up with mitsuhiko that’s just not possible she sees them as child’s and from the beginning she maintained her maturity even more Thn Conan.and she likes Conan so yeah mitsuhiko is just out of the picture so there’s two Possibilities possibilitiesfor her when conans identity is revealed Thn most probably  kugaro will learn that all these years conan was helping him and forcefully making him sleeping kugaro and he won’t support ran and shinchi anymore though I doubt it will happen. But the second scenario is most likely happen that with the war with BO she will die and tell shinchi how she feels about him and shinchi will get more angry and fight the BO so yeah that’s the two Scenarios scenariosI can see end up happening