Detective Conan World
Kiel95

What will happen to Miyano Shiho/Haibara Ai?

I think Ai should grow up and stay in the 'Shiho Miyano' form instead of 'Ai Haibara' one. Gosho already said that DC will have a happy ending, so I think she won't die.. In addition with this, I was thinking about the Subaru (Shuichi) & Shiho couple, it's my favorite one, but I think is not very possible.

I think Ai won't like to live a lie, so she will revert to her real form and tell the Detective Boys the truth along with Kudo.

But these are just theories.. I only hope that Ai/Shiho won't die in hands of the BO, that would be really sad for me :( though she's my favorite DC character along with Shuichi/Subaru.

I agree with all you said^^

I adore Ai.

I would hate to see her die, but if Gosho Aoyama can pull it off in a satisfying way (without loose ends), then I will still be satisfied, if a little sad.

If she lives, I want her to be happy. Preferably not paired with Shinichi, though-- I'm a big ShinRan. (Not that I thought Ai liked Shinichi like that anyways.)

talking about Haibara...she is my favourite charater in DC. Plus, she is a charater that is worth to think over about. Very mysterious!!

and I have been thinking frequently about her possible future.

Honestly, based on Aoyama style, DC will have a happy ending and a very unpredictable one.

the obvious hints scattered by Aoyama for Haibara's ending might be misleading while Aoyama instiled a less prominent hints within his artworks, I can tell that from what I observed.

But still, I guess, we MIGHT need to rule out Ai+Okiya or Ai+Conan.

If 'the caring Subaru Okiya is truly turned out to be Shuuchi Akai in disguise' then I think, Aoyama will probably pair Akai with Jodie since those two already in an intimate relationship before and seemed like Jodie still has a lingering feeling for Akai. well, I guess it just sad to leave Jodie by herself...= ='' #speaking about Jodie, actually Camel might as well turned out to be 'someone' with Jodie#

Otherwise, talking about the age different between those two will be a little bit awkward and did not fit well with Aoyama style in pairing up couples from important characters (Heiji+Kazuha, Sonoko+Makoto, Sato+Takagi, Akemi+Akai & etc.).

Maybe, they are more like a brother caring for a little sister? I dunno....juz maybe.

Another thing is about Conan and Haibara, one of the reasons why I adore Haibara Ai is bcoz she loves to poke a hole at Conan's ego, thus annoying Conan very much.

I love those two only at that point. For me they are like two sweet twins enjoy teasing each other....>o< I always looking forward for these naughty scenes of them.

But, to paired them up as Ai+Conan is almost impossible! Every readers are well informed that for this series will have a happy ending and this is for certain that Shinichi will end up with Ran. Haibara might has a kind of feelings for Conan, but I can't tell whether is it juz a normal feeling as friends or more than that or maybe a kind of emphatic feeling of sharing a same history as adults being shrunken into children. But, normally, she might just feels impressed of the all-good-almost-perfect-Kudo-kun. In other words, she MIGHT just feeling impressed over Shinichi.

Haibara MIGHT end up with someone else apart from those two, honestly this is what I feel. But, who is the guy could it be? Maybe someone's not yet being introduced into the series or maybe someone has appeared in the series but never meet her yet or maybeee....someone who had been in the series but we have been overlooked the clues all along?? who know?

I never paid much attention to ShinRan stuffs since I knew from the start that they will end up together at the finale, but for Haibara....it is a puzzle that the fans need to solve. Too much vague clues to figure out her future. Gin especially.Very mysterious indeed this Pan-Asian Character, right?

But, still, I think she will really, really end up with some one. Didn't her Akemi said that to her??? Asking her playfully to find herself a boyfriend?

Honestly, I can't wait for DC finale. Other than being curious over BO ending and secrects, I also want to find out how is Haibara's endinggggggggg!!!!!!!

HAIBARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow you really are an Ai fan,I'm glad to see that^^

I can't wait to see what Gosho is planning to do with her,that's a real mystery...But since Gosho doesn't want to end DC yet many things could happen for AI,including finding someone who could love her,another victim of the APTX for example...

I really like Okiya-Shiho because Ai knows Akai (same thing for Akai,he knows Shiho's past) and they may have interesting interactions,but as you said it's unlikely...

Coai is impossible even if they are great together.

Let's see what Gosho will do with her^^

Wow. So many Ai fans. I'm glad to say I'm one too!

Ai should get a happy ending- she deserves one for leading such a terrible life. Maybe she will stay as Ai because she wants to relive her childhood?

Wow. So many Ai fans. I'm glad to say I'm one too!

Ai should get a happy ending- she deserves one for leading such a terrible life. Maybe she will stay as Ai because she wants to relive her childhood?

Yeah Miss Haibara is the lady in DC!

I wouldn't say that without her the series wouldn't be interesting but she really add some "spicy flavor" in the formula!

As recognition of her importance, the author sends his messages through Haibara and one of the best voice actors ever, Hayashibara Megumi, has chosen to make a perfect character

So, she certainly will have a happy end together with Detective Boys, Professor and the rest of Beika neighborhood.

Hi Solid Ai Haibara/ Shiho Miyano friends :)

Ai is also my fave character in DC and she's the most interesting character for me because she's mysterious, brilliant, dark and sad. Her story is also one thing that I want to resolve and of course I want her to have a happy ending as well as the others.

Her ending doesn't have to be grand but most importantly is that she doesn't have to be afraid anymore. That she found justice for her sister's death and just simply be happy. I don't like the idea that she will stay as a child because obviously she knows to herself that she isn't a child. Although she is in her child form she still behave as an adult so no reason for her to stay like a kid.

I would like her end to be just return from being Shiho and live a normal life with the people she have already met. Move on with the past and start a new beginning. I agree with some of you guys to come clean with the detective boys when all things are done with the BO and still have a close relationship with them. She can stay with Agasa since he is already a father to him. She can live like a normal teenager and go back to school and be friends with Ran, Sonoko and the other girls or be part of some group that recognizes her being a brilliant scientist.

As for partner she can just meet anyone while everything is in peace, given that Shinichi is going to be with Ran (although I want her to be with Shinichi). She doesn't really need a love interest at all because for me what matters the most is that she is no longer alone, afraid and sad. All I want for her is that she feels important, valued, respected, cared and loved after they finishes the battle with BO.

Hi Solid Ai Haibara/ Shiho Miyano friends :)

Ai is also my fave character in DC and she's the most interesting character for me because she's mysterious, brilliant, dark and sad. Her story is also one thing that I want to resolve and of course I want her to have a happy ending as well as the others.

Her ending doesn't have to be grand but most importantly is that she doesn't have to be afraid anymore. That she found justice for her sister's death and just simply be happy. I don't like the idea that she will stay as a child because obviously she knows to herself that she isn't a child. Although she is in her child form she still behave as an adult so no reason for her to stay like a kid.

I would like her end to be just return from being Shiho and live a normal life with the people she have already met. Move on with the past and start a new beginning. I agree with some of you guys to come clean with the detective boys when all things are done with the BO and still have a close relationship with them. She can stay with Agasa since he is already a father to him. She can live like a normal teenager and go back to school and be friends with Ran, Sonoko and the other girls or be part of some group that recognizes her being a brilliant scientist.

As for partner she can just meet anyone while everything is in peace, given that Shinichi is going to be with Ran (although I want her to be with Shinichi). She doesn't really need a love interest at all because for me what matters the most is that she is no longer alone, afraid and sad. All I want for her is that she feels important, valued, respected, cared and loved after they finishes the battle with BO.

I completly agree with you^^

I just want Ai to go back to Shiho and live a happy life with Agasa and her friends...she's so smart that she can do whatever she wants,like becoming  a doctor,or a fashion designer,or just work as a scientist for the detectives...

I completly agree with you^^

I just want Ai to go back to Shiho and live a happy life with Agasa and her friends...she's so smart that she can do whatever she wants,like becoming  a doctor,or a fashion designer,or just work as a scientist for the detectives...

Yes she can be whatever she wants to be because she is very smart in her on way :) she's indeed remarkable!

A cute idea for ending also is that Shinichi and Ran have their own private detective company with Shiho/Ai as Shinichi's partner on solving cases and detective boys as their apprentices :)

Just positive endings :)

I think it's already good if she's able to get over her traumatic experience with the BO. I actually wouldn't mind if she grew up as Haibara and never changed back.

Even if she were to develop the permanent antidote (which she probably will), how would it help her if it means leaving her friends (the DB) and having to start a new life as someone no one knows?

• Upvote 1

I think it's already good if she's able to get over her traumatic experience with the BO. I actually wouldn't mind if she grew up as Haibara and never changed back.

Even if she were to develop the permanent antidote (which she probably will), how would it help her if it means leaving her friends (the DB) and having to start a new life as someone no one knows?

She doesn't have to leave the detective boys. She can still hang out with them and do trips and camping even if she's back to being Shiho. Ran and Sonoko hangs out with the detective boys and invite them in several occasions. Of course her being back to Shiho means revealing everything as Shinichi will also do. The whole world doesn't have to know the truth only to those important ones that greatly part of their life.

The whole world doesn't have to know the truth only to those important ones that greatly part of their life.

Actually, the Detective Boy's image of Haibara and Conan would change immensely. Revealing their identities is basically a slap in the face stating that they've been lied to this entire time. 

I highly doubt Conan will reveal his identity to them. Ayumi would fall apart knowing that the person she's been in love with actually doesn't exist.

Haibara is also in a similar position with Mitsuhiko.

--

Rather than shattering the Detective Boy's mindset entirely, Conan will probably "move" to America with his parents and Shinichi will use his bowtie to communicate with them on occasions. Haibara will most likely just grow up with them. This way, the Detective Boys wouldn't be disturbed by the fact that they've been hanging out with 16-17 years olds posing as children, lol.

the Db already met Shiho during the camping trip case(just before the Mystery train case),so i'm sure they'll like her if Ai stays at Agasa's with her real identity.But she doesn't need to say she's Ai.She could just say Ai left to America and Conan too,I'm sure the DB will survive.(And personally I don't care if the Db are sad about Ai and Conan leaving).

I don't see the point of her to grow up again as Haibara ai is the BO doesn't exist anymore.She could be happy with her real identity,without having to lie anymore.And she could stay with Agasa,be friend with Ran,Sonoko,talking with Shinichi and his family.Isn't it a happy ending for her?

the Db already met Shiho during the camping trip case(just before the Mystery train case),so i'm sure they'll like her if Ai stays at Agasa's with her real identity.But she doesn't need to say she's Ai.She could just say Ai left to America and Conan too,I'm sure the DB will survive.(And personally I don't care if the Db are sad about Ai and Conan leaving).

I don't see the point of her to grow up again as Haibara ai is the BO doesn't exist anymore.She could be happy with her real identity,without having to lie anymore.And she could stay with Agasa,be friend with Ran,Sonoko,talking with Shinichi and his family.Isn't it a happy ending for her?

Yeah I agree with you. Staying as Haibara is another way of hiding instead of facing the reality. She doesn't have to stay being child and she can be Shiho and keep what she learned or gathered when she is Ai-chan.

Haibara has nothing/nobody to return to. Her old life lies with the BO, which will eventually disperse. She's already living a good life as a child. If I were her, I wouldn't necessarily want to entirely ditch all of that in order to pursue "reality".

And she could stay with Agasa,be friend with Ran,Sonoko,talking with Shinichi and his family.Isn't it a happy ending for her?

This means fully creating a new life for the second time. Even if they were to become friends, Haibara/Shiho will still remain a pretty unsociable person. Since she's already familiar with these people the only gain she'll get from changing back is that they won't see her as a child anymore.

Haibara changing back is a completely plausible conclusion, however, I just happen to prefer the latter.

• Upvote 1

At least she wouldn't be lying about her age,or her identity...she would really be herself,and could even share her past with her adult friends.I just don't like the idea or Ai staying as a child as if her past doesn't exist,as if she forgets the name her parents gave her,her past in the BO(which may be sad but it's part of her life,she should be able to live with it and not erase it).

I think being honest and true to herself is the best way to finally be happy.And frankly I think there isn't any advantage growing back again with people who aren't in the same situation and can't understand her.

I just don't like the idea or Ai staying as a child as if her past doesn't exist,as if she forgets the name her parents gave her,her past in the BO(which may be sad but it's part of her life,she should be able to live with it and not erase it).

On one hand, I agree that the past shouldn't be forgotten if it had at least some happiness in it. On the other hand, it's easy to say that people should face the life no matter how difficult it is, but it's easy only if you aren't that person. I personally don't know if it's better that she stays as a child or not, but in my opinion it depends on what Ai herself wants. If she would like to forget about the unpleasant past, it would be her right and in my opinion wouldn't show her as weak at all, and even if it would, such a weakness could be forgiven, considering what she had to suffer.

I don't know, maybe Ai returning to the Shiho form has a better potential for future plots than if she stays as a child, I just think that the alleged "necessity to face life no matter how bad it is" isn't a very convincing reason.

If it was someone else I would agree with you Hobgolin,but since Ai always used to run away from problems,and from "her destiny" according to Conan,I think that would be a good proof of courage to face her life with her real identity,face her responsibility and not run away to live in a dream,only because it's easier.At least it would show Ai has changed and is not afraid anymore,(kir and Jodie did so even if they had sad lives as well,so why not Ai?).And DC is all about courage and honesty so that fits with the story...

Nvm,I guess we all have different opinions about her,and there may be a difference between real Ai's fans and the other fans.

And also my opinion may be biased because I never liked adult who act like children because they are afraid to grow up XDXD

What I think will happen is Ai is gonna remain as a child and re-grow up again since she has friends now and the Professor. I dont think she's gonna return to being Shiho after everything she went through when she was in her original body. She might end up with Mitch in terms of who she's gonna be paired with(despite not liking that couple at all). This is what I think will happen.

After watching the mystery train case,I noticed that Haibara said,when she thinks about her mother's tapes,she said "I'm sorry mom,I didn't understand that this drug shouldn't be made".So if Ai stays as a child using that drug that would be contradictory to her conviction.The APTX isn't something good,at least the purpose isn't good,so I don't see Ai growing up again using that drug that was the reason why her parents left her and Akemi.It seems just wrong for me to use the APTX just to "enjoy" childhood again,while it killed so many people.

She could live a happy life without staying in a child body,with the professor,and taking care of the DB like she does now.Not to mention that she currently is living a second childhood,I think she enjoyed it enough.

Probably too late to answer but this is an interesting topic (to me anyways).

I don't give a darn whether Shinichi ends up with Ran or sewer rats, as long as they didn't just toss Ai aside. What I'm worried about is that Ai ends up being forgotten while ShinRan rode unicorns to happy sunset. Or worse, never again mentioned after the 'BO battle' everyone know will be there sooner or later, in any form. I'll be severely pissed if that Gosho made it like that.

At the least (even if CoAi didn't come true), Shinichi will be shown working on a case with Shiho, throwing witty remarks as usual. This will be satisfying, even if it's only a short scene.

• Upvote 1

I just watched a movie after 19 ends. I have a feeling that the Gosho is written to haibara really like Conan. My guess is that the ending haibara may be sacrificed himself to protect Conan.

as long as they didn't just toss Ai aside. What I'm worried about is that Ai ends up being forgotten 

Yes, the biggest problem is for Ai to be forgotten. At least, please show a clue about what will happen to her :))

:huh: Well Sherry won't be the first one to die if it's gone go down the wire like  Conan vs. Black Organisation (or something like ) His Vow (Clash Conan vs. The Genius )

Finally my opinion tells me Conan would be first one die just as Sherry Dreamed in Episode 176-178 and then we will see a flashback of how he knew the Boss and His promises and stuff . I have many more theories for this but i would really like to hear someone provide what they think is gone happen in this last few years of DC (predicting Ending in Year 2018 = 175/190 chapters and full series will be of 1005 episodes or so.) Just my opinion. B)  <_<