Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

User login bugs on wiki file page

I noticed some odd problems when looking specifically at "file" pages on the wiki. One of the problems is file pages showing I am not logged in, when mainspace pages, special pages, and the forum show I am (inconvenient when I want my mod options to pop up like to delete images).

Today, I had an error that I can definitely say was not related to caching... A file page shows me logged in as Jimmy-kud0-tv2 which is definitely not right, as we are different people. Maybe not-so coincidentally, he is the one who uploaded the image. Basically the little shortcut menu had his name where mine should be in the upper right, and it looked like I had normal user permissions. (Even though I can manually bring up mod only special pages just fine). It mostly seems to be cosmetic, Clicking preferences and watchlist shows me my own, not Jimmy's. I am pretty sure if someone else sees themselves logged in as me, they can't use mod options as those are on the special pages which still seem to work right. Is any one else seeing this problem when looking at file pages?

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/images/e/e5/Im_jimmy_now.jpg

For me, I'm not really sure if this is a thing or not, but every 30-mins to an hour I have to refresh a forums tab to make it say that I am logged in to the wiki. Other wise it registers me as logged out and treats me like an anonymous user. Its been doing that for a while now, but since I have like 20 tabs anyway I just keep one open. 

Funny enough, in the past I had some issues in the forums where it showed me logged in as Maurice. I could see a moderator type menu on the left hand of my screen that popped out by clicking a pop out arrow. However I didn't actually have any permissions of any kind and the menu thing was blank. I could also see everyone's IP addresses while in the messages menu, which is not normally there on my account. I seem to remember it being something that had to do with Securi assigning the same IP address to him, me, and another user who was experiencing the same issue as well as the Caching System

Below is the message I sent to him at the time, I don't have access to the other ones. That caution triangle isn't normally there on my screen either, I'm guessing its a mod thing as well ?

NF19KKo.jpg

18 hours ago, Jimmy-kud0-tv2 said:

For me, I'm not really sure if this is a thing or not, but every 30-mins to an hour I have to refresh a forums tab to make it say that I am logged in to the wiki. Other wise it registers me as logged out and treats me like an anonymous user. Its been doing that for a while now, but since I have like 20 tabs anyway I just keep one open. 

Funny enough, in the past I had some issues in the forums where it showed me logged in as Maurice. I could see a moderator type menu on the left hand of my screen that popped out by clicking a pop out arrow. However I didn't actually have any permissions of any kind and the menu thing was blank. I could also see everyone's IP addresses while in the messages menu, which is not normally there on my account. I seem to remember it being something that had to do with Securi assigning the same IP address to him, me, and another user who was experiencing the same issue as well as the Caching System

Below is the message I sent to him at the time, I don't have access to the other ones. That caution triangle isn't normally there on my screen either, I'm guessing its a mod thing as well ?

NF19KKo.jpg

I have the same problem with refreshing forum periodically to keep me logged in.

Yeah, the IPs and the caution triangle are mod things. I haven't had any problems in the forums transforming into other people's accounts. It only seems to be a wiki file thing.

I just have one question... Why do you suddenly have to have an account to even see the content of the wiki... It tells me to log in with username and password even now...