Detective Conan World
conanluvr

What's going on in the anime right now?

I'm reading the English manga right now, which is twelve, and I've been a fan for years now. I just don't really have the time to sit and read, and plus, I have concentration issues. Anyways, I watched the English-dubbed anime (and I hate that they changed the names!) and the English-dubbed movies (still hate the name changes) until they stopped it, and I got lost when I tried to watch the English-sub, so where is the anime at right now? Please, if you have spoilers, tell me. I want to be caught up and I apologise if this post is against the rules. I used to be obsessed with this series, but not as much now, but still a fan.

Well, it the question is really how caught up you are on the manga. The most recently completed manga to anime adaptation was the girl band case, after which we have started a string of anime originals. But, if you're not current with the manga either, then that will mean nothing to you. So, before I can answer your question, I must ask a question of my own. What is the most recent story case you are familiar with? Clash of Red and Black? Bourbon arc? Bell Tree Express? Scarlet Pursuit? Rum arc? I'm order to find out was has happened since what you have seen or read, you will have to let us know what the most recent part you have seen or read happens to be. I have no problem helping a fellow fan, but I need more information to do so.

• Upvote 1

I fully understand what you're asking me, I'll answer you by saying that I'm very uneducated right now, and I'm looking to get fully caught up on what's going on in the manga. I was very obsessed at the time when I made this account and was reading it avidly in my spare time off work to try to catch up, and I was buying the books as I read them, so I acquired them very slowly. I have a lot to catch up on, so that explanation should be relevant to this topic and my username. Your answer: I'm on volume 12 and File *7. "The Woman Who Knew Too Much." I'll cheque out this Wikipedia and catch up on story arcs if I need to speed up the process like I did a couple times, but I don't remember what I read on here. I'm sorry it took so long to respond to your question and to be more specific, it's the Shonen Sunday publishing. I worked a lot at the time, so my reading was very slow. I just lost track over the years.

Edited by conanluvr
I corrected a mistake.

Okay, you are in the middle of the Holmes Freak Murder Case. Wow . You are quite a ways behind. The anime equivalent for that case would be episodes 57 and 58. A lot has happenedsince then, so I will give a very brief summation  (avoiding as many MAJOR spoilers as possible).

The next major development of the plot involves Conan getting drawn into a bank robbery case and learning that the Black Organization is involved. In the aftermath of the robbery case, Conan meets a strange girl who was apparently the scientist that developed the drug that shrunk his body and learns more about the drug and the Organization. After that, Conan becomes involved with the FBI, who are also investigating the Organization. But a Black Organization agent called Vermouth, who is known for being fairly ruthless and also a master of disguise, may be on the trail of Conan and his friends. Later, during what seems to be a routine case, Conan discovers that a news reporter may actually be a member of the Black Organization and starts to investigate. The reporter ultimately ends up in FBI hands, though in a coma, thus unable to talk. This leads to a major conflict between the FBI and the Organization, resulting in the death of an FBI agent and the Organization taking back the reporter, but the reporter may be more than it originally seemed. Not long after, Conan learns from the FBI the a new Black Organization agent, Bourbon, has been activated. Around the same time, a strange man called Okiya Subaru moves into Shinichi's house, a mysterious girl called Sera Masumi transfers into Ran's class nd spending a lot of time with Conan and the Mori family, and a new detective called Tohru Amuro is taken on as an apprentice by Kogoro. Sera appears to have some history with Conan and Ran, though neither can remember her, and she hears a fairly strong resemblance to the fallen FBI agent. Along the wy, Conan (with the help of the former Black Organization scientist) is briefly able to turn back into Shinichi, which he has done a few times now, most notably during a case in London, at which time he finally confessed his feelings to Ran, though she has yet to respond. As Conan learns more about the mysterious Bourbon, it starts to look like Bourbon may be more than just another Black Organization member. Likewise, it starts to seem that the murdered FBI agent may, in fact, not be dead. Just as Conan finally discovers Bourbon's identity, he receives word that yet another Black Organization member is on the move: Rum, the second in command. The only descriptions Conan can find of Rum are markedly different: an old man, a strongly built man, or a very feminine man. The only detail that seems consistent is that one of Rum's eyes is fake. In the wake of the news about Rum, the Metropolitan Police Department suddenly has a new cheif, who is missing an eye and who appears to realize that Conan is more than what he seems. We don't yet have a lot of information about Rum, but it seems Rum was involved in a double murder 17 years earlier in which the victims were killed by an earlier version of the same drug that was given to Shinichi in episode one. In this 17 year old case, the prime suspect is a bodyguard known only as Asaka. A dying message lift by one of the victims was the letters "ASACA RUM."

That pretty much brings us up to the current anime episodes for story development. There is further development in the manga that has yet to be adapted into anime episodes, but you asked specifically about the anime, so I won't get into that just now. While I have covered the major plot points, there are still plenty of other things going on (the appearance of Kaito Kid, etc.). Also, even though I have described the major plot points, I tried as much as possible to avoid spoiling the fine details and plot twists (have to let some things still surprise you, after all), such as identities (Vermouth, Bourbon, etc.). Hopefully this will be specific enough to answer your question, but vague enough that you can still get the enjoyment of those developments as you are able to see them. If you want more info about the most recent manga cases or more specific info about what I've described here, just let me know. Hope this helps some.

• Upvote 1

I posted directly on your profile page and told you two sites that host the anime (I'm not putting them on the forum because it's against forum rules). Both the I named have decent subs of the whole series, including the movies and OVAs. Take a look at your profile page and you should find the message. Hope that helps.