Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Wiki Mistakes

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Japanese_Blu-ray

Have a lookie here... The Release Dates for the Movies 1 to 12 are in 2011... 

and 13 and 14 are before that...

Idk if its a mistake... And if it is not.. Shouldn't we add a little note about 'why?' so that airhead peeps like me can understand :P xP

II didn't edit that page, but maybe it's because they are Blu-ray quality and not just regular DVDs like the older movies would have been?

II didn't edit that page, but maybe it's because they are Blu-ray quality and not just regular DVDs like the older movies would have been?

Dude.. are you sure u are a single person..? :P 

Your brain works superfast.. :P

Not entirely sure if it's a mistake but I've been looking at the TV Original episode info a little more closely and it looks like they all have "Filer case" numbers in their information sections at the top right... is this intended to actually read as "Filler case"?

Not entirely sure if it's a mistake but I've been looking at the TV Original episode info a little more closely and it looks like they all have "Filer case" numbers in their information sections at the top right... is this intended to actually read as "Filler case"?

Tv original episodes are all filler episodes, meaning they are written by people other than the author of the manga, meaning that they don't connect to the actual story and do not effect the plot. The numbers there seem to to just count how many total tv original cases there are, by assigning each of them a number. 

In the same way, you can count the total number of cases in the manga. 

There are currently 268 total cases in the manga (as of chapter 928/929)

(only 261 manga cases have been animated though)

There are currently 241 aired tv original cases (by August 24th)

So anime wise you have a total of 402 cases you can watch and enjoy spread across 789 episodes (by August 24th)

Im not entirely sure about the changes this person is making here. 

Should these episode titles be changed from what they were?

As for episodes like "The Missing Scream of Munch", can the title even be 

changed around like that? I thought that "Scream of Munch" was the name 

of the painting and it is missing. Meaning that "Munch's Missing Scream" would

be inaccurate????

Also some of the changed episode titles were changed to a way that does not 

reflect the wiki naming scheme of putting given name first. ex: Shinichi Kudo rather than Kudo Shinichi

Two of the changes below now have Haibara Ai and Kudo Shinichi, which would be

inaccurate to the rest of the wiki. 

I did not want to "undo" anything without seeking approval. 

changes.png

Im not entirely sure about the changes this person is making here. 

Should these episode titles be changed from what they were?

As for episodes like "The Missing Scream of Munch", can the title even be 

changed around like that? I thought that "Scream of Munch" was the name 

of the painting and it is missing. Meaning that "Munch's Missing Scream" would

be inaccurate????

Also some of the changed episode titles were changed to a way that does not 

reflect the wiki naming scheme of putting given name first. ex: Shinichi Kudo rather than Kudo Shinichi

Two of the changes below now have Haibara Ai and Kudo Shinichi, which would be

inaccurate to the rest of the wiki. 

I did not want to "undo" anything without seeking approval. 

changes.png

I remember in my early days getting in an edit war about eastern vs western name order, and was rightfully overruled and told to use Japanese names with western order like we do for the rest of the pages. As for the others, I'm not sure. Usually I heave this sort of thing up to Skyechan.

I was watching episode 129 again (Haibara’s introductory, nice ep). Been editing a little the wiki on it. http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/The_Girl_from_the_Black_Organization_and_the_University_Professor_Murder_Case#Situation

The part that says: “The broker tells the kids he rented a location by the local police post to a newspaper printing company 2 years ago and they recently hired a new worker.” I think is wrong. It’s not “a new worker” but rather “a new printer”. In the anime this seems to be translated correctly (around 27m30s runtime), but in the manga it’s not which is where I presume that came from.

The phrase used in the anime is: Conan: “偽札をするための印刷機はなかったよ” The broker: “印刷機ってよ駅前の新聞社がこの間新しいやつ入れてたなぁ・・・”

I was posting because I wasn’t sure if I should edit that part but now I am so I’m going to anyway.

Edit: Oh yeah while I’m here, does the “height” mouse-hover thing not work only for me? (The page layout is also kinda broken, especially if you mouse over citation #1; on 1280×1024 resolution at least.) http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Ran_Mouri

Edit2: Completely OT but I just noticed in the anime Agasa says “Ai-kun” while in the translated manga it’s “Ai-chan”… weird… btw Ai’s reveal scene is a lot cooler in the anime, the manga quickly plays it off as a joke while the anime has actual suspence that makes you think everything has gone to hell. Good change.

Edit3: Found another mistake: “In the anime, Haibara tells Conan she escaped from the Organization via a laundry chute; in the manga, it is referred to as a trash chute (ダストシュート).”. This is just completely wrong. If you listen to the anime, you hear ダストシュート, the translation just wrongly called it a laundry one. I’ve removed the section.

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/List_of_differences_between_the_manga_and_anime#Season_5_-_Episodes_107-134

Trying to edit any of the sections from an open spoiler doesn’t actually work. They link to different sections in the page.

In the resolution, “Because of this, Shiho realized that Shinichi Kudo likely shrank so she went to his house where she ran into Agasa.” sounds wrong. Haibara thought Shin’ichi shrank from much earlier than that, because she saw a rat shrink during experiments. And she went to Agasa’s house because she didn’t know where else to go.

Edit: Wiki says that The Disappearing Weapon Search Case is episode 135, but at the end of episode 129 I saw the “next time” bit or whatever and it was about episode 135. Was that because of a re-run? Does the wiki mention re-runs at all? Where?

• Upvote 1

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/The_Jet-Black_Mystery_Train

I think there should be some kind of note for when Japanese titles use kanji but read them in a completely different way… This one says Shikkoku no Tokkyū and I thought the rōmaji was a mistake before looking up the episode and seeing that they went with a completely unrelated reading compared to the kanji. I almost went and changed it.

Page : Roller Coaster Murder Case

Problem : Flag Of Iran

Attempted : Uploading File

Result : SNAFU! Nothing happened.! T^T someone fix this and tell me how to do it... i m scared i might pull the whole site down by mistake..

Solution : File was uploaded with the wrong filetype. The page wants Flag of Iran.svg. The uploaded file was Flag of Iran.jpg. Try uploading the .svg used on Wikipedia, since all Wikipedia's flag files are free for us to use. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran#/media/File:Flag_of_Iran.svg

I DID IT!!!! YESSSSSS!!!!!! CHEK !!! THANKYOU!!!! :'D

Edit: What about the jpeg file that i uploaded.. do i need to remove it? If yes, how do i do that?

I think only mods have delete privileges for pictures. (Because a vandal could sign up and delete all the pictures and then no one could bring them back easily.) I can take care of it.

I found the answer:

This makes Season 23 the shortest season since Season 4 (and maybe a few others, but I'm sure Season 4 was definitely short, in terms of the number of episodes it contained).

1 hour ago, ALAKTORN said:

Didn’t want to open a new topic for this but is the wiki broken? I can’t upload Soliloquy pictures anymore and it won’t log me in.

The Wiki's in maintenance mode it seems, when I click "Edit" in a random article, I get this message:

Warning: The database has been locked for maintenance, so you will not be able to save your edits right now. You may wish to cut-n-paste the text into a text file and save it for later.

The administrator who locked it offered this explanation: This wiki is currently in read-only mode due to maintenance. Thank you for your patience.

• Upvote 1

In Shuichi Akai's page, in the "background" part, it says "Shuichi Akai is an American of Japanese descent and (...)"

but file 972 shows that he is british, not american. May I change that?

1 hour ago, RucyL said:

In Shuichi Akai's page, in the "background" part, it says "Shuichi Akai is an American of Japanese descent and (...)"

Hide contents

but file 972 shows that he is british, not american. May I change that?

By technicality, all are true. Akai gained American Citizenship. He has Japanese parentage, and is originally from Britain. 

When you gain American citizenship, you are American. 

So "British American of Japanese decent" would be accurate. 

Hello everyone,

I noticed a mistake in the plot icons in the wiki. Episode 312 only has the 'new character' icon, however, when I played the episode there were main events such as Haibara's history, parents backgrounds, chats about Piso, chats about the previous organization case, and information about the drug. Usually, if such things are happening in an episode I would see the black organization icon or at least the green arrow (character development) icon. I think there should be any indication that this is an important episode to the main plot.

I watched all Conan episodes long ago, but I am currently helping someone watch the main episodes only and was depending on your amazing wiki to do so. I kept following the green arrow, FBI, black organization, or heart icons. However, I was shocked that episode 312 did not have any icon and that's what brought my attention to it. Hope someone fixes this! I am sure so many other people are depending on those icons too :P

Thank you greatly!

^I might watch that episode and look into fixing the icons later…

Anyway, uploading files is a bit bugged out. This page: https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/File:SherrysSoliloquyexample.JPG says “No file by this name exists, but you can [/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Upload&wpDestFile=SherrysSoliloquyexample.JPG upload it].”. This used to be a clickable link to the upload page… also after uploading, you’re redirected to a 404 page instead of the file’s page. This: http://wiki/File:SherrysSoliloquyexample.JPG

Edit: Wow even making a change to a page redirects you incorrectly… http://wiki/Sherry%27s_soliloquy#2017