Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Wiki Mistakes

Ran’s age is listed as 16 as confirmed by Aoyama 1 year and a half ago, but in episode 678 (near the end) she says that she’s 17

I understand that’s an AO so it’s not a confirmation, but isn’t it strange anyway? did Ran ever mention her age in recent manga chapters?

edit: actually many other characters’ ages were added from anime/OVA sources so I guess this one should be added too…?

I think Ran is 18.

In manga eps 131, haibara said she was 18 as old as kudo.

if Ran and Sinichi was childhod, it mean their age was same.

an episode I’ve found on YT translates her as saying “18, only one year older than you”; which would be correct with what we have on the wiki so far (Shin’ichi being 16 at the start, but turning 17 soon after)

sadly I can’t hear what Haibara says there so I’m not sure how precise the translation is…

in the manga, it’s translated as “18, a perfect match with you” or something like that; but I can’t find a raw to check the original Japanese…

edit: the episode in question

edit2: ^after asking some Japanese people, they’ve told me that it’s “お似合い”, which means “a perfect match”; so I’m guessing the manga translation is actually the accurate one… which is weird because why would she say that she’s a good match if she’s supposedly 1 year older? >_<

• Upvote 1

I think Ran is 18.

In manga eps 131, haibara said she was 18 as old as kudo.

if Ran and Sinichi was childhod, it mean their age was same.

Gosho Aoyama confirmed in an interview that Ran has not has her birthday yet and is still 16. Shinichi is 16 in the manga according to multiple sources and 17 in the anime unless they retconn that mistake later. Shiho is 18 by manga translation.

Look at it this way, 2 years older is still a great match, certainly better than Gin who she was supposed to have been in a relationship with before she escaped the Black Org.

Shin’ichi’s and Agasa’s pages also use numbers taken from anime/OVA

What? Shinichi's age citations for 16 use 2 manga, and one manga canon guidebook for the given age of 16. Agasa uses the same manga canon guidebook for 52, with 53 noted because it comes from an OVA.

There is nothing wrong with including the anime ages, if that is what you are asking.

Hello, I have noticed something that I'm confused about. Comparing between two similar pages in terms of content, as you can see http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/TV_Specials and http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Magic_Kaito are similar in what have been written from episode 1 till episode 8 in Magic Kaito series. However, starting from episode 8, we can notice the changing in writing, and actually some of summary writings has been written badly. For example, in "TV Specials" page:

11 The Tearful Crystal Mother December 22, 2012   Plot-MK.png Kid meets the queen and is planning to steal the 'Crystal Mother', the crystal mother was hidden away in the glass of ice.

that saying "the crystal mother was hidden away in the glass of ice" is kind of a spoiler to the events even if I've watched similar to this episode in OVA 4, don't you think ?. Well, I could edit it, but guys I really want your opinions. Should the two pages aforementioned be edited to look the same (beginning from episode 8) in terms of writing and adding some missing marks ? Because the two pages needed to be edited after all. Thank you in advance :)

• Upvote 1

Hello, I have noticed something that I'm confused about. Comparing between two similar pages in terms of content, as you can see http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/TV_Specials and http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Magic_Kaito are similar in what have been written from episode 1 till episode 8 in Magic Kaito series. However, starting from episode 8, we can notice the changing in writing, and actually some of summary writings has been written badly. For example, in "TV Specials" page:

11 The Tearful Crystal Mother December 22, 2012   Plot-MK.png Kid meets the queen and is planning to steal the 'Crystal Mother', the crystal mother was hidden away in the glass of ice.

that saying "the crystal mother was hidden away in the glass of ice" is kind of a spoiler to the events even if I've watched similar to this episode in OVA 4, don't you think ?. Well, I could edit it, but guys I really want your opinions. Should the two pages aforementioned be edited to look the same (beginning from episode 8) in terms of writing and adding some missing marks ? Because the two pages needed to be edited after all. Thank you in advance :)

Different people with different levels of English write the descriptions - whoever wants to contribute can. Feel free to fix all the errors you can see. As long as you follow the manual of style and try to get along with everyone, you can edit whatever you want, which includes fixing other people's edits. I just removed the spoiler about the jewel in the ice.
  • Upvote 1

This is not a mistake, but I didn’t know where to post this…

Is it relevant that Agasa said he’s 52 years old in episode 129? There’s already a cited Conan Drill page for that age, but maybe it could be added as an extra citation?

Edit: also after rewatching the episode I found out Ai Haibara is also a made-up name based on famous female detectives, but that’s not explained on the wiki (while Conan’s is explained).

Is it relevant that Agasa said he’s 52 years old in episode 129? There’s already a cited Conan Drill page for that age, but maybe it could be added as an extra citation?

I personally don't have any objection to this. Shinichi's age also have extra citations.

Edit: also after rewatching the episode I found out Ai Haibara is also a made-up name based on famous female detectives, but that’s not explained on the wiki (while Conan’s is explained).

You mean Cordelia Gray and  V.I. Warshawski? They're explained already: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Ai_Haibara#Name_origin

• Upvote 1

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Conan

“The Japanese word 'konnan' (pronounced the same as 'Conan') means 'difficulty' or 'distress.'”

Should this really be there? I’m not sure if they sound the same to an English speaker, but as someone studying Japanese I can say there is a quite clear difference in the “nn” pronunciation.

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Suguru_Itakura

“Itakura had serious heart disease and was required to take medicine thrice a day.[3] This is also the direct cause of his death.”

“took on as many game projects as possible to get enough money to escape to another country. However, he was murdered by an old acquaintance before he can do so.”

Aren’t these contradictory?

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Desperate_Revival

In the resolution, “Luckily Haibara and Agasa informed Megure who has the cave surrounded. The culprits give up.” the last part is wrong. At least in the anime, 2 of them are apprehended, while the other one takes Conan hostage at gun point, but he shoots his needle thing and puts him to sleep.

• Upvote 1

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Desperate_Revival

In the resolution, “Luckily Haibara and Agasa informed Megure who has the cave surrounded. The culprits give up.” the last part is wrong. At least in the anime, 2 of them are apprehended, while the other one takes Conan hostage at gun point, but he shoots his needle thing and puts him to sleep.

Fixed this. (after all this time)

Umm.... actually I didn't know where to state this issue so I decided to put it here... because its somehow a mistake :/

Anyway the home page is not updated...

For example the featured article is hibara in the home page but in the wiki it is akai ... and the DVD ...

Its not so huge a problem but I think it should be updated.