Detective Conan World

Okay, I am up to episode 791, and I am getting extremely curious. I have seen the "Unknown Child" a few times now, but at this point, we still know next to nothing about her. Even the episode descriptions on DCW still refer to her as Unknown Child at that point. I  know she is called Mary, as well as her connection to the Akai/Sera family only because I stumbled across some spoilers and went ahead and read her character page. But I have to know. Just what episode number is is where we actually learn all this? How many more episodes do I have before I learn the truth about her in the show, rather than just from this site? Or even that she is actually called Mary? I'm not going to skip ahead and watch that, I just want to know how soon it will be so I know when to look forward to it. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

37 minutes ago, AnimeOtakuDrew said:

I'm only 791. I have already seen Shukichi, but his relationship to the Akai/Sera family has not been revealed. I'm asking in what episode it is. The same with Mary.

I literally just told you:

42 minutes ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Shukichi... first appears in Episode 731.

As for Mary, she first appears in Episode 756.

Again, how are you on Episode 791? If you were, you would've seen these two, already.

At no point did I say I haven't seen them. In fact, it is just the opposite. I said I HAVE seen them.

1 hour ago, AnimeOtakuDrew said:

I have seen the "Unknown Child" a few times now,

58 minutes ago, AnimeOtakuDrew said:

I'm only 791. I have alreadyseen Shukichi,

You even quoted the latter of these. I am NOT asking when their first appearances are, I am asking for the episode numbers on which it is revealed how they are related to the Akai/Sera family. I "literally" said that in all the posts I've made on this thread, and you "literally" did not tell me, you only told me about their first appearances, which I am already past.

Just now, AnimeOtakuDrew said:

You even quoted the latter of these. I am NOT asking when their first appearances are, I am asking for the episode numbers on which it is revealed how they are related to the Akai/Sera family. I "literally" said that in all the posts I've made on this thread, and you "literally" did not tell me, you only told me about their first appearances, which I am already past.

Oh, okay! Now I understand.

You know what just happened? Misinterpretation. Why did it happen? Purely text-based communication.

Now that I actually know what you're asking...

The manga case revealing this relationship just wrapped up, so you'll have to wait until September 2017 to see it adapted to manga.

In other words, we're not to that point in the manga.

Okay, so it has not yet been revealed in the anime. That answers my question better. But why September of next year? The anime has largely caught up to the manga, as far as I can tell, with only a couple volumes yet to be adapted. It shouldn't take a whole year to do that.

36 minutes ago, AnimeOtakuDrew said:

Okay, so it has not yet been revealed in the anime. That answers my question better. But why September of next year? The anime has largely caught up to the manga, as far as I can tell, with only a couple volumes yet to be adapted. It shouldn't take a whole year to do that.

You should note that DC anime is 50% AO. Besides, producers can change the schedule. For example, the Ran girl & Shinichi Boy case is not aired yet.

It seemed to me that they usually only start doing a whole bunch of anime originals when they get too close to catching up with the manga. With two or three unadapted volumes of manga ahead of them, they should still have some wiggle room before they have to go crazy with the AOs again, I would think. And in the time it would take to air those adaptations, Aoyama-sensei should have completed at least on more volume of manga. Altogether, I would think the anime adaptations of the most recent manga case should be completed by the time movie 21 comes out in April at the latest. It even seems possible  (albeit unlikely) that it could be done by New Year's. I just think September is a bit to long of an estimate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AnimeOtakuDrew said:

"Largely caught up" as in, the manga is 40 chapters ahead of the anime atm (plus an additional four chapters from the yet unaired ShinRan pre-school flashback), which is pretty much the standard distance between anime and manga. Yes, it usually takes roughly a year for a manga case to be adapted in the anime (e.g. the upcoming Girl Band case in the anime was released in October 2015 in the manga). There are some rare exceptions in both directions, true, but I wouldn't expect it for this case in particular.

They usually want the manga to stay 30+ chapters ahead on average, so they have enough breathing room. It would take 25 episodes starting from November 5th to adapt all the manga cases that are currently complete (barring any 1hr specials etc), so you should add the same amount of non-manga episodes to that (AO's & remastered episodes), so the current case that you are looking for will be adapted in roughly 50 episodes. There are also break weeks around new years for the anime, so it will air in about 52-54 weeks as an estimate. I.e. in about a year + one or two months.