Detective Conan World
Glass Heart

The Night Baron virus

I would like to know more about the virus Night Baron which appears sometimes in Détective Conan.

I know that the virus was first named in volume 8, during the Night Baron case. We learn it was a virus people that has done collateral damages to the computers of important enterprises at a time and that the culprit tried to use it as bait but didn't actually possessed it.

But I've learned that later, the virus has reappeared and that it was the Black Organisation that truly possesses it (I've not read it yet).

But I don't know yet if the manga answers the following questions:

1) The organisation tries to act as discret as possible. Why would they launch a massive cyber-attack ?

2) If the Organisation had learned that someone pretends to possess their virus, why didn't they manifest during this case or, at least, try to investigate the matter ?

3) Why is the virus of the organisation really called "Night Baron" if it was a nickname given by the victims of the cyber-attack due to the evasive nature of the virus ?

1)they havn't launched a major attack, the night barron is a TYPE of program which deletes everything on the computer and it's hard drive... it was on the disk that they recieved...

2)because, it isn't THEIRS... its a general TYPE of program... besides, if they know it's a fake, what's the use in doing anything... it might expose them...

3)as i've said before... the night baron is a TYPE of virus... it's not necessarily a specific program in itself

How can you tell that this virus isn't the organisations. As I have been suspecting(you know it tTw), that old man on the weelchair might be anokata and owns that virus. But that is just a minor suspect for me

How can you tell that this virus isn't the organisations. As I have been suspecting(you know it tTw), that old man on the weelchair might be anokata and owns that virus. But that is just a minor suspect for me

no, no, think about it, ppl ouside of the organization know what it's called... if it was the organizations, it would be a well guarded secret

ah, but it had not been heard of before, it would just be thought of as a hacker not as a virus... i don't think theres ever been such a virus like that, but hackers might be able to do something... you never know....

The organization's secret might have been spread and so, they use that virus to clean up the mess.

Ah, I didn't thought about that. It can explain a few things.

But I see there are still some secrets around the Night Baron virus, to the point that you're not sure if it was the organisation which created it to begin with. Maybe that plot could still achieve some importance later.

Thanks for your answers ! ;)

yea... let's hope that Aoyama will explain it.

P.S. What happened to Agasa's PC after it was infected? Was Kapersky capable of solving the problem or did it turn into scrap metal???

Don't think anything happened to his PC. The disk was totally deleted though. It was set to delete everything on the disk but I don't think it added a virus to the computer that was used. o.o

I think this is a very important clue which Aoyama left behind. Since it has a name related to the main characters. It has a similar name to a character that Shinichi's dad had created. There was no need for the link if Aoyama just wants a lovely name for the virus. I understand that this virus was needed to prevent Conan and Haibara from getting hold of the information. Aoyama could have put another case in such that when the information was deleted, they just put the name of the virus on screen and made Haibara explain the use of the virus. But they have to have an entire episode just for this virus. :blink: Also, they have to link this virus to a character that Yuusaku created. That is why I think that this episode may be important in future...