3822b8e534b6465ea8e2e6f2a2d2ff4e.png

a0d6ed2a7f8549c68476880064e8f810.png

f33f17a342e44f36b3b729814a9f0342.png

2f6f77fc229441e0babc62d2baf08822.png

156a2602415f4bca9dbb9203f9fb9791.png

Reveal hidden contents

We finally got a name for daddy Akai: Tsutomu

Spoiler

He looks similar to what I imagined, but he looks even better than that too!

Tsutomu will most likely be a reference to "Zumu"("tsumu") from Gundam :P

35 minutes ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Hide contents

And Mary thinks, "Tsutomu-

san..."

She, a British woman, thinks of her husband, the father of her children, with the san prefix? She's really gone native, and not only that, I think we know now where Shukichi gets his weird way of addressing people close to him from.

The way Tsutomu is dressed, he looks very much like a detective—and maybe he was just that, not a government agent (setting aside the theory that he's Rum, of course... and I'm not a proponent of that theory, by the way).

Spoiler

I was thinking the exact same thing! ^^

He looks like a private detective (he has that Sherlock Holmes feel to him)!

Like all the important fathers, they have that mustache and the overall face similarity :P

8 hours ago, Rumia said:

tsutomu is cuteee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please edit your post, and use a spoiler box for that.

On 9/10/2016 at 6:45 AM, Black Demon said:

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

[spoiler]Text you want to write[/spoiler]

8 hours ago, MeiTanteixX said:

He looks similar to what I imagined, but he looks even better than that too!

Tsutomu will most likely be a reference to "Zumu"("tsumu") from Gundam :P

I was thinking the exact same thing! ^^

He looks like a private detective (he has that Sherlock Holmes feel to him)!

Like all the important fathers, they have that mustache and the overall face similarity :P

It's pretty unique facial hair (at least for a member of the main cast or a family member of the main cast), because it's pretty much a goatee. As expected, he has Shukichi's eyes and spiky hair. 

^_^

We're due another flashback to the time Tsutomu actually said that, 17 years ago...

• Upvote 1

I think that the father could be a detective or maybe a journalist.

Spoiler

This case brings up a interesting point. If Mary was a normal grown up ten years ago, then during the last ten years she shrunk. So the question is. What happened?

If she had gotten shrunk before Haibara develope her version of the drug (and therefore before Shinichi got shrunk), then I can only think of two explanations.

1. There still existed some of the drug, that Haibara's parents developed. And after the beach adventure, Mary was fed with it.

2. Mary got the drug before the Miyanos' death, but it was first years later the side effects began.

And I had mention in another post, that maybe the difference with that Mary looks like a girl in middle school age, while Conan and Haibara looks like to be seven years old, was due to that the Miyanos' drug was different than Haibaras'. But it could also be that it's because Mary is in reality much older (more than 45), while Conan and Haibara are around the same age with each other.

I have been wondering that rich friend who looks after Sera, could that be a reference to Don Teabolo Mass, the adoptive father of Sayla Mass?

11 hours ago, Rumia said:

tsutomu is cuteee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for putting in the spoiler box. ^_^

8 hours ago, Aries Bless said:

I think that the father could be a detective or maybe a journalist.

This case brings up a interesting point. If Mary was a normal grown up ten years ago, then during the last ten years she shrunk. So the question is. What happened?

If she had gotten shrunk before Haibara develope her version of the drug (and therefore before Shinichi got shrunk), then I can only think of two explanations.

1. There still existed some of the drug, that Haibara's parents developed. And after the beach adventure, Mary was fed with it.
2. Mary got the drug before the Miyanos' death, but it was first years later the side effects began.

And I had mention in another post, that maybe the difference with that Mary looks like a girl in middle school age, while Conan and Haibara looks like to be seven years old, was due to that the Miyanos' drug was different than Haibaras'. But it could also be that it's because Mary is in reality much older (more than 45), while Conan and Haibara are around the same age with each other.

I have been wondering that rich friend who looks after Sera, could that be a reference to Don Teabolo Mass, the adoptive father of Sayla Mass?

Since Shuichi's comments in File 949, I've thought that, too.

Until we see Mary in a more recent flashback, we won't know when she was shrunk.

Even so, my bet is that she shrunk just before Holmes' Revelation (File 743–File 752/Episode 616–Episode 621)... in fact, my bet is, in general, at any point between File 1/Episode 1 and Holmes' Revelation.

It's probably James who's supporting her, financially, given his comments in East vs. West (File 778–File 780/Episode 651). It's probably just a chance reference, since Masumi has her mother's surname—she's neither been adopted, nor taken on a fake name, like Artesia/Sayla.

8 hours ago, Jimmy-kud0-tv2 said:

*waits for people to notice that thing under papa akai's eye and say he's related to gin*

*takes a seat beside him... and also waits for the 'he's Rum cause his left eye was hidden' comments*

• Upvote 1

*waits for people to notice that thing under papa akai's eye and say he's related to gin*

lol, there was some confusion in G+ about it looking like Akai's eye again :P

3 hours ago, Rumia said:

but who the new detective?

Maybe that girl from Kyoto who called Heiji 'her husband'. Or maybe it's just that we learn more about Akai's father. Or it could be an old man missing an eye. I do hope we get to see Kuroda again soon.

I don't think Momiji will be the new detective, she doesn't look like one, Specially with all that make up and fake nails... But well, it's hard to imagine what's going inside Gosho's head. My bet is another suspect for being Rum.

while it could have been done to make Gosho's and his assistants lives easier, I find it a bit weird that Shuichi speaks as good of Japanese as he does in this case. Supposedly he went to the US rather than Japan for around 7 years. With his complete lack of knowledge of Masumi, I want to say that he probably didn't keep in touch with his family as well as he should have (with the exception of his mother to fund his college). Even if he did keep in contact, they could have just spoken English between themselves. It makes me think of the following two possibilities for why Shuichi could know Japanese as well as he does....

1) The family spoke Japanese when at home, before actually moving to Japan. From what I have observed living in the US, there are many foreign families that will speak either exclusively in their native tongue at home, or some mix of their native tongue and common English words (usually nouns). Considering that all of the children have Japanese names, including Masumi who was born after Tsutomu disappeared, I wouldn't put it past Mary to have known Japanese already and possibly spoke to Tsutomu in Japanese in front of Shuichi while he was growing up. (((To me, Mary even looks like she could be half-Japanese herself, which explains her Japanese family name "Sera")))

2) In the event that the above is wrong, its also possible that Shuichi took Japanese courses in college in the US under the idea that he would eventually reunite with his family in Japan after he discovered the truth about what happened to his father. 

Has anyone noticed that one of the kanjis in Haneda Kohji's given name ( the one meaning Prosperous) looks a bit similar to one of the kanjis in Haneda Shukichi's given name? Is it a coincident or...?

5 hours ago, Jimmy-kud0-tv2 said:

(not related to the post above)

"who was called 'Shukichi'..."  .... Are you kidding me...

Conan, you know his name.... it was told to you over 100 chapters ago

RHwUDfS.jpg

I'm just gonna interpret this as him confirming things in his head, rather than, "hey, I didn't know that!"

Same goes for the thing with Masumi in the Girls Band case (File 936–File 938/Episode 836–Episode 837).

On 9/19/2016 at 9:14 PM, DCUniverseAficionado said:

That's extremely unlikely.

Would Mr. Akai know that these "horrible people" are based in Japan? We don't know. All we know is that he ended up apparently being killed by the BO because he got involved in a murder case of a Japanese man and an American investor on U.S. soil. We don't know if Mr. Akai was from a government agency, or if he was something like a private detective.

We don't know if he is even dead, the absence of his body, the fact that he figured at the moment that these are horrible people and the fact that he guided his family to travel to Japan. And we know so far that BO is mostly Japanese hints that he would've known if he was involved with them, so most likely he didn't know the truth regarding BO but rather he knew of the BO through investigations. Which leads to their revelation of his investigations leading to their hunting of the father, he disappeared and guided the family to forget about him in order to save them. This is the most possible scenario and simple at heart, but as to why he sent the family to Japan is mostly due to him being a Japanese and thought of it as a safe bet. 

However it leaves the question as to whether he knew about the BO as a corporate with dark side, or like the others he simply knows of a crime organization. If the former is the right one, he would know their origins. If the latter is the case this he would have to place a safe bet.

On 9/23/2016 at 0:15 PM, Black Demon said:

File 974 spoiler pics: 

Hide contents

3822b8e534b6465ea8e2e6f2a2d2ff4e.png

a0d6ed2a7f8549c68476880064e8f810.png

f33f17a342e44f36b3b729814a9f0342.png

2f6f77fc229441e0babc62d2baf08822.png

156a2602415f4bca9dbb9203f9fb9791.png

Reveal hidden contents

We finally got a name for daddy Akai: Tsutomu

Spoiler

Tsutomo's check bones kind of reminds me of Gin's, Kuroda's and Khoji's prominent check bones. Also someone else notices the similar clothes as the ones Yuusaku wore during the Camellia case?? ..

Other eye confirmed ?

8ZhzhXC.jpg

And what is Mary saying, here?

Appears as if she's saying something that reminds Shuichi of something his father said to him. Just like something Shuichi said reminded Mary of something Tsutomu said to her.

Either that, or Mary is saying something Tsutomu said to her.

Finally, the source for this image is (and I don't mean imgur)? I ask because unless it's when Yunnie Chan comes out with a complete translation of a file, the Japanese versions of the file (that I've found, at least) don't look as good as the image you've put, here.

1 hour ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Finally, the source for this image is (and I don't mean imgur)?

I don't know where jimmy has it from, but this kind of quality is up on Imgur, yes.