Detective Conan World

Rum  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rum's identity? (Please Revote!)

• New character not yet introduced (male)
    • New character not yet introduced (female)
    • A known character who has appeared in the manga who is not one of the names listed below. (explain in comments please)
    • Kansuke Yamato
    • Taka'aki Morofushi (Koumei)
    • Hyoue Kuroda
    • Kiyonaga Matsumoto
    • Shuukichi Haneda
    • Chikara Katsumata (Shogi Player)
    • Mary
    • Sakurako Yonehara
    • Kohji Haneda
    • Asaka (Bodyguard from the past)
    • Wakasa Rumi
    • Muga Iori / "Wada Shinichi" (Momiji's butler)
    • Kanenori Wakita
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
  2. 2. Rum's objective?

• Find Sherry (and kill her if necessary)
    • Hunt down the spies within the BO (and kill them if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt Shinichi/Conan (and kill him if necessary)
    • Hunt down Akai/Subaru (and kill him if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt Masumi (and kill her if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt Masumi's second brother (and kill him if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt Mary (and kill her if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt/kill the person posting info about the Haneda Kohji case (and kill him/her if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt/kill someone else (please explain)
    • Infiltrate the Japanese police (or other law enforcement)
    • Rum is a double-agent and is trying to spy on or damage/destroy the BO
    • Try to overthrow/kill the Boss and become the leader him/herself
    • Try to overthrow/kill another non-undercover BO member
    • Other (please explain)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)

Obviously I don't expect any major reveals, in fact I don't expect anything plot relevant not yet in manga from the movie. I am just excited about it because this confirms we will get moving with the plot soon, latest by April of next year. Of course an identity reveal would be too much to hope for, but we will at least get a list of suspects. It is like being stuck in a line for hours and finally it starts moving.

Ah, but Gosho said Rum had already appeared by September 2014. You must mean something else.

The point is, even though he appeared, we have no clue who he might be. He might be any random not-so-important looking character, so that hint is pretty insignificant. It might be someone who we know very well(probably not, I don't think any of the suspects make enough sense) or it might be someone who we have no idea about. However, I don't think it was a fake clue mentioning Lum, simply because I have never seen Gosho do something as pointless as that, and also because it was not as big a clue many think it was.

Still, Kuroda's too obvious, and Kansuke can't be it, either.

Maybe Heizo could be our man, but you'd think he'd try not to have Heiji become someone he might have to get rid of, and again, his wife's staunch morality—it's kinda like having Kogoro be Anokata... all those connections and development become moot.

Yup, and I also believe any of the "nice" main characters would not be antagonists, it is just very unlike of how Gosho thinks.

In File 898, Agasa plays a trick on the DBs by putting vinegar in four cups and pretending one has lemon juice—this "cheating" is the subject right before Rum is revealed. Perhaps there is no artificial eye—maybe all the people thought to be him, described by various Organization members, were just body doubles who had a prosthetic eye... this was done to further throw off people in the matter of Rum's identity.

I don't think that is what Agasa's little trick was meant for, it should probably be just something irrelevant. However, I mentioned this somewhere about the eye, but imo we should not base our suspects only by their eyes, like Heizo, Kuroda or Kansuke. There is a big difference between not having an eye and having a fake eye, if RUM has a fake eye we very well might not notice it(also the reason Haibara couldn't tell which one is fake).

In conclusion, I am hoping for some major developments by April :D

if RUM has a fake eye we very well might not notice it(also the reason Haibara couldn't tell which one is fake).

Haibara doesn't know which eye because she has not met or seen Rum. 

All she knows are rumors that she overheard. 

the people she overheard did not say which eye. 

Haibara doesn't know which eye because she has not met or seen Rum. 

All she knows are rumors that she overheard. 

the people she overheard did not say which eye. 

Yup, I know that. What I meant is that the reason most people she heard the rumors from didn't discuss which eye it was, was because it was not too evident. And if it is not evident we might not even notice it.

Of course I am not saying someone with only one eye would not be a suspect, of course he or she would, I am just saying everyone else could also be suspects. There are literally too many and too few suspects right now. Too many because anyone could be RUM, and too few because we don't have any evidence and the suspects don't seem to be RUM due to several reasons. Therefore we need more developments on this, which I am anticipating would come soon.

The thing about RUM is that, if he actually did appear before, then wouldn't a character like that stand out? But no one can figure it out yet, so it's clear that his characteristics are not obvious or even physical at all.

The thing about RUM is that, if he actually did appear before, then wouldn't a character like that stand out? But no one can figure it out yet, so it's clear that his characteristics are not obvious or even physical at all.

i was thinking the exact same thing

whatever gender or physique RUM has, im not looking into it much

im kinda fixated on the prosthetic eye  

gosho not giving us an obvious one is kinda refreshing

Eeven though he appeared, we have no clue who he might be. He might be any random not-so-important looking character, so that hint is pretty insignificant.

But if it's true, then any character introduced after File 906–File 908—from 13 months ago, up to now and beyond, until Rum's identity is revealed—is out of the running. That's significant to me—it means that Rum is already in play... no waiting for Rum to appear, if Rum's already there.

I don't think that is what Agasa's little trick was meant for, it should probably be just something irrelevant. However, I mentioned this somewhere about the eye, but imo we should not base our suspects only by their eyes, like Heizo, Kuroda or Kansuke. There is a big difference between not having an eye and having a fake eye, if RUM has a fake eye we very well might not notice it(also the reason Haibara couldn't tell which one is fake).

The skulls underneath the cups, then?

Pirates –> Rum

Yeah, those with scars (Matsumoto, Kansuke, Kuroda) or have their eyes closed most of the time (Heizo) are too obvious. Rum could just be using body doubles with various traits but they all have that one common trait to throw everyone off.

Yup, I know that. What I meant is that the reason most people she heard the rumors from didn't discuss which eye it was, was because it was not too evident. And if it is not evident we might not even notice it.

Of course I am not saying someone with only one eye would not be a suspect, of course he or she would, I am just saying everyone else could also be suspects. There are literally too many and too few suspects right now. Too many because anyone could be RUM, and too few because we don't have any evidence and the suspects don't seem to be RUM due to several reasons. Therefore we need more developments on this, which I am anticipating would come soon.

In terms of the fake/prosthetic eye, there are too few, and if we throw that out the window, there are more suspects. Anyone who's seen Shiho/Ai is out of the running—as she said in File 925, Rum would be on her had she been seen. Let me cite the Vermouth arc, as well—Vermouth didn't make her move until she actually saw Shiho/Ai in File 422. While those who've seen Shinichi/Conan and got the chance to observe his intelligence and haven't seen Shiho/Ai could still be it, I have to wonder about Rum not yet putting two and two together about Shinichi/Conan... still, nobody but Vermouth and Shiho/Ai know what APTX 4869 can do, so people who've only seen Shinichi/Conan are still in the running, even if they've gotten to see him in action and observe how smart he is.

The skulls underneath the cups, then?

Pirates –> Rum

Its interesting because skull and cross bones has a double meaning.

In the case of the experiment it was used as a poison mark.

the skulls represented the locations of the "poison" ie. the vinegar.

however yes, skull and cross bones can mean pirates and is displayed

on many pirate flags, but how could this actually relate to Rum?

At the start there are 4 cups and 4 coasters

3 of the coasters are marked as bad because the cups on top 

supposedly contain vinegar, which has an unpleasant taste

the remaining cup supposedly contained lemon juice

the cups are shuffled and a cup is picked to be drunk

under the cup, the coaster is clear meaning it supposedly had no vinegar

At the end we find out we are tricked

there are 4 cups of vinegar and no marks on any coasters

the heat from the cups erased the marks. 

This trick thing has bugged me a lot since it happened as it had no relevance to the Scarlet arc at all. The case before the main events of Scarlet, the Scarlet Prologue, at the very least had a lot to lead in to what would happen in the main events. However, this trick thing seems pretty far out of left field. Not only that, manga Agasa is usually one for codes over tricks, which makes a lot more sense due to his profession. I always figured that Haibara had put Agasa up to the trick and then she could refuse to answer, which would force the DB to go ask Subaru, whom they knew was really smart. That way she could use the DB to spy on what ever was going on in the Kudo home with Conan, Yukiko, the FBI, and Subaru. Especially since she spent a large part of the Bourbon arc claiming that Subaru was part of the BO. It doesn't help that Subaru literally spent that whole chapter with his voice changer hanging out....... 

Its interesting because skull and cross bones has a double meaning.

In the case of the experiment it was used as a poison mark.

the skulls represented the locations of the "poison" ie. the vinegar.

however yes, skull and cross bones can mean pirates and is displayed

on many pirate flags, but how could this actually relate to Rum?

At the start there are 4 cups and 4 coasters

3 of the coasters are marked as bad because the cups on top 

supposedly contain vinegar, which has an unpleasant taste

the remaining cup supposedly contained lemon juice

the cups are shuffled and a cup is picked to be drunk

under the cup, the coaster is clear meaning it supposedly had no vinegar

At the end we find out we are tricked

there are 4 cups of vinegar and no marks on any coasters

the heat from the cups erased the marks. 

This trick thing has bugged me a lot since it happened as it had no relevance to the Scarlet arc at all. The case before the main events of Scarlet, the Scarlet Prologue, at the very least had a lot to lead in to what would happen in the main events. However, this trick thing seems pretty far out of left field. Not only that, manga Agasa is usually one for codes over tricks, which makes a lot more sense due to his profession. I always figured that Haibara had put Agasa up to the trick and then she could refuse to answer, which would force the DB to go ask Subaru, whom they knew was really smart. That way she could use the DB to spy on what ever was going on in the Kudo home with Conan, Yukiko, the FBI, and Subaru. Especially since she spent a large part of the Bourbon arc claiming that Subaru was part of the BO. It doesn't help that Subaru literally spent that whole chapter with his voice changer hanging out....... 

True. Besides knowing that Kir is CIA and Rei/Tooru is Bourbon, she's been kept out of the loop on things by Shinichi/Conan. Does she know that Rei/Tooru is PSB/PSIA? You'd think Shinichi/Conan would tell her that. His motivation for this is probably because of what she did in File 433–File 434/Episode 345, and due to her feelings towards Shuichi/Dai for using her and her sister to get at the Organization. If she planned to secretly test the prototype antidote on him (File 646/Episode 521), then there's no reason she couldn't do something like this.

Until the DBs make a comment about Shuichi's/Subaru's voice changer being exposed with Shiho/Ai present, though, we won't know for sure. Her suspicions of his identity have been pretty much put aside by Gosho since File 825—Shuichi/Subaru has only appeared three times, since then (File 843/Episode 723, File 894–File 898/Episode 781–Episode 783 and File 902/Episode 786), and he and Shiho/Ai were not even in each other's presence in those three appearances of his. 

True. Besides knowing that Kir is CIA and Rei/Tooru is Bourbon, she's been kept out of the loop on things by Shinichi/Conan. Does she know that Rei/Tooru is PSB/PSIA? You'd think Shinichi/Conan would tell her that. 

I really want to know how will Gosho make the scene in which Haibara finds that out.

I really want to know how will Gosho make the scene in which Haibara finds that out.

Quite frankly, we're due this scene—it's been over a hundred files (nearly 3 and 1/2 years) since focus has been put on just Shuichi/Subaru and Shiho/Ai; of course, the same goes for her finding out more info that Shinichi/Conan has kept from her, and us finding out what was in Akemi's PS in her text to Shuichi after 7 and 1/2 years of wondering (though it's not hard to guess what the gist of it was).

• Upvote 1

I am very happy that we will get a narrower list of suspects with the release of the movie trailer xD

i have already been Hyped over the next movie before i knew that it will include RUM too

Even if he doesn't make much appearance in the movie or even just appears through a Text message

we still might get enough clue of him,like the text message could include a quotation we are familiar with

or even better,he might be introduced in the character list at the beginning of the movie (same as Akai in the intro of movie 18)

untill then i am still going for Taka'ai as the 1st suspect

I am very happy that we will get a narrower list of suspects with the release of the movie trailer xD

i have already been Hyped over the next movie before i knew that it will include RUM too

Even if he doesn't make much appearance in the movie or even just appears through a Text message

we still might get enough clue of him,like the text message could include a quotation we are familiar with

or even better,he might be introduced in the character list at the beginning of the movie (same as Akai in the intro of movie 18)

untill then i am still going for Taka'ai as the 1st suspect

Unless the manga is narrowing down suspects and beginning the reveal by the time the movie comes out, the movie won't be giving us any clues. Dimensional Sniper may have revealed to us that Shuichi = Subaru, but we had plenty of clues to figure that out, beforehand. Unless the clues to figure out Rum's identity have been there all along, the movie won't be cluing us in. Also, the characters introduced as part of the intro (plot-relevant characters who hadn't yet appeared in a movie) were likely due to the fact that the movie came out during DC's 20th year anniversary. Remember all those manga panels that flew by each of those characters? Who knows what the intro sequence of Movie 20 will be like?

It is true that Taka'aki hasn't seen Shiho/Ai, but he's gotten the chance to observe Shinichi/Conan and his intelligence more than any other police officer, considering he's from Nagano. You'd think he would've put two and two together, at this point... and what about his friendship with Kansuke? Unless showing that was to make clear that if Kansuke finds out Taka'aki is Rum, he'll have a hard time bringing him down and turning him in, having them be such good friends serves no purpose, if Taka'aki is Rum.

We shouldn't lose hope before the end of vol.88 (december) or even April (considering the trailer might not show RUM if he has a minor appearance/or just a text message in the movie)

For Takaai ,almost all suspected characters has their own background stories.friendships or love stories.Uptill now Takaai is non-functional to the main plot,he doesn't have a love story to have progress with(unlike many other police members) yet he appeared in several chapters.His character design is very distinguishable,unlike that of a random police officer.

Gosho planned to fool us with Kansuke's character design to fit with RUM's description back in 2007~008,i guess he designed both Takaai and Kansuke at the same period when he was planning for RUM's introduction

I don't say all of that is a clue,but at least he has less restrictions around his character to be RUM than Heizo (who is very near to a brilliant detective like Heiji) /Matsumoto (would be such great troll if he turns out to be RUM after what happened to him in movie 13)

We shouldn't lose hope before the end of vol.88 (december) or even April (considering the trailer might not show RUM if he has a minor appearance/or just a text message in the movie)

For Takaai ,almost all suspected characters has their own background stories.friendships or love stories.Uptill now Takaai is non-functional to the main plot,he doesn't have a love story to have progress with(unlike many other police members) yet he appeared in several chapters.His character design is very distinguishable,unlike that of a random police officer.

Gosho planned to fool us with Kansuke's character design to fit with RUM's description back in 2007~008,i guess he designed both Takaai and Kansuke at the same period when he was planning for RUM's introduction

I don't say all of that is a clue,but at least he has less restrictions around his character to be RUM than Heizo (who is very near to a brilliant detective like Heiji) /Matsumoto (would be such great troll if he turns out to be RUM after what happened to him in movie 13)

Even though nobody in the Organization, save Vermouth, knows what APTX 4869 does, you'd think that Taka'aki, if he's Rum, would've at least thought of drawing a connection, by now. Other than that, he could very well be Rum.

If Heizo is Rum, then he married a very moral woman and had a son who could very well make things difficult for him, and that he might have to do away with.

If Matsumoto is Rum, then his appearance 3 years from current events in DC in File 80 can't have happened, and Gosho will need to say he's changing things. Movies aren't canon, which allows for Matsumoto to still be Rum, from that angle, but still... why have Irish impersonate Rum if Rum could just inform the rest of the BO on what was happening? Then there's his proximity to Shinichi/Conan and his opportunities to observe him.

I really hope the next case is either about Amuro or RUM, it's been a while since we got one.

Last Rei/Tooru Appearance: File 898

Last Rum-focused File: File 908 (Prosthetic Eye)

Over a year. Yes, we are due.

Hi guys. I am new here eventhough I have been following this forum since a few years ago. I just registered myself as a member because I figured out something interesting. This might have been posted somewhere in the forum.

I just finished reading Magic Kaito and I found something that could be related to Rum. Remember there are four Rum's descriptions?

1) Looks like a woman

2) Looks like a man

3) Looks like an oldman

4) One eyed

Magic Kaito chapter 31 to 33 introduced some interesting characters. Those are:

1) Kaito Corbeau - the one appeared to challenge Kuroba. Apparently turned out as Kuroba's mother. THE WOMAN

2) Kaito Corbeau - the one appeared after Kuroba explained the trick. Could be anyone including Toichi. THE MAN

3) Harry Nezu - the one carried out the trick. Not sure if he is Kaitou Corbeau or someone else. THE OLDMAN.

4) All of them are ONE EYED since the other eye covered with glass

I thought this could be somehow related to the current DC development about Rum identity

Very doubtful. Gosho said he didn't want to entangle the storylines of MK and DC any further, because it is "too bothersome" or something. Besides, Gosho said that Rum already appeared around the time of September 3rd, 2014. Even if that would include MK chapters (which it probably doesn't), then it would still disqualify the characters from MK 31-33, since these chapters were released a month after Gosho said that Rum had already appeared somewhere.

Very doubtful. Gosho said he didn't want to entangle the storylines of MK and DC any further, because it is "too bothersome" or something. Besides, Gosho said that Rum already appeared around the time of September 3rd, 2014. Even if that would include MK chapters (which it probably doesn't), then it would still disqualify the characters from MK 31-33, since these chapters were released a month after Gosho said that Rum had already appeared somewhere.

My bad then. But if Toichi is Rum, he already appeared long before September 3rd 2014

Hi guys. I am new here eventhough I have been following this forum since a few years ago. I just registered myself as a member because I figured out something interesting. This might have been posted somewhere in the forum.

I just finished reading Magic Kaito and I found something that could be related to Rum. Remember there are four Rum's descriptions?

1) Looks like a woman

2) Looks like a man

3) Looks like an oldman

4) One eyed

Magic Kaito chapter 31 to 33 introduced some interesting characters. Those are:

1) Kaito Corbeau - the one appeared to challenge Kuroba. Apparently turned out as Kuroba's mother. THE WOMAN

2) Kaito Corbeau - the one appeared after Kuroba explained the trick. Could be anyone including Toichi. THE MAN

3) Harry Nezu - the one carried out the trick. Not sure if he is Kaitou Corbeau or someone else. THE OLDMAN.

4) All of them are ONE EYED since the other eye covered with glass

I thought this could be somehow related to the current DC development about Rum identity

First of all, welcome to DCW!

In one of the recent MK chapters, Gosho introduced a character that has a prosthetic eye (Goudzou), just like Rum supposedly does. Now I'm not going to suggest that he is Rum for obvious reasons. In the anime, we got to see how the prosthetic was portrayed, though through most of this episode, half of his glasses were shaded just like the manga. I'm not sure how this will translate to DC's anime, and if Kuroda will be showed in a similar light. After all, Magic Kaito 1412 was animated by A-1 Pictures.

RWV1AiK.png

As far as Magic Kaito and Detective Conan being related... well, there are definitely similarities for sure, but Gosho loves to reuse story elements (and character models, *cough cough*)

Here is basically what Gosho had to say dismissing that MK and DC are connected.

The Scarlet Temptress

There she is! Mistress Akako! To be honest, she, as practitioner of black magic, is the reason who drove me into the corner the most during Kaitos appearances in Conan. Well, you just have to accept these works as parallel universes. (grin) By the way, Kaito Kuroba is written on the handkerchief, this probably was a prank done by his mom (Chikage)... (grin)

(Extra Chapter) Yaiba vs. Kaito!

I was told to draw a short, self-contained story and this dream sequence is the result. Back when I was a kid I already loved collaborations like „Mazinger Z vs. Devilman“, so I wanted to draw something like this. This is also the reason Kaitou Kid appears in Conan... (grin)

Not to sound like a broken record, but as far as the Rum has already appeared hint... I still think it's a good possibility that this could be referring to Lum's cameo since that hint coincided with that file, and that Gosho drew Lum as Rum back in 2007 for a panel honoring Urusei Yatsura. I just wouldn't be too quick to rule out any characters that showed up after that hint was made. He also added a laugh at the end of said hint, but... Gosho laughs at everything, it doesn't really mean anything. It's still a possibility that Rum could be an entirely new character that has not yet been introduced (and it's also entirely possible that he is one of many characters that have already been introduced).

• Upvote 1

My newest composed theory about RUM, is the fact that he (following the alcohol name as Gosho arranged for male and female) is 2nd in command. Although Anokata seems to trust people who are not just most loyal but most smart as well, just as Anokata had no problem eliminating Pisco who was loyal for a long time while giving Gin the most important missions therefore trusting him almost fully. It would appear that Anokata would place a person who is 2nd in command to be more loyal and more skillful than Gin (and probably older but not necessarily), thus my guess would be someone as ruthless as both Gin and Anokata and careful as both. While assuming that in matter of intelligence is in between Gin's and Anokata's, and probably is physically trained as well like Gin and Vermouth. 

Having that in mind, RUM would also like the boss would have some kind of interest in Detectives Fiction as seeing the BO using a detective's related password (Sherring Ford the prototype name for Holmes, being the password of the BO's laptop that Haibara tried to hack after being captured by Pisco). If so then RUM, as many others, is likely to use tricks and create illusions. Thus the most sensible for a 2nd in command is to hide his identity (like Gin who almost never appears to be alone and kills anyone in view in order to leave no trace behind about his existence, Vermouth whose ageless body is a miracle and uses various disguises to hide her true identity). Therefore RUM is likely to have some kind of a plan to be unrecognizable as someone capable on cooperating a crime syndicate, so most likely either disguising as someone else or using substitute bodies with the same feature (glass eye) to mislead the others (as the theory mentioned by many other fellow fans) or both. But what I can not see happening is the existence of three 2nd in command people, a sister company is a nice theory. But then again Shuu did say he heard the name few times while in the BO as that of a senior member also Haibara said she heard the name as the 2nd in command while in the BO but did not meet him, therefore we now know the existence of a single person as the 2nd in command. 

But still what remains is the question of the identity of RUM, as mentioned he had appeared or will appear shortly. Thus like sometimes the most innocent might be the most suspicious, the most misleading might be the most leading. Yet it is a very weak basis, however another guess of mine would be regarding RUM's appearance. He is most likely a strong old man with feminine looks, just like the descriptions..

My newest composed theory about RUM, is the fact that he (following the alcohol name as Gosho arranged for male and female) is 2nd in command. Although Anokata seems to trust people who are not just most loyal but most smart as well, just as Anokata had no problem eliminating Pisco who was loyal for a long time while giving Gin the most important missions therefore trusting him almost fully.

Also, Gin and Anokata were apparently "mulling over" Hidemi's/Rena's/Kir's recovery in File 603/Episode 500 and made the plan, themselves, for her to kill Shuichi to prove her loyalty.

RUM is likely to have some kind of a plan to be unrecognizable as someone capable on cooperating a crime syndicate, so most likely either disguising as someone else or using substitute bodies with the same feature (glass eye) to mislead the others (as the theory mentioned by many other fellow fans) or both. But what I can not see happening is the existence of three 2nd in command people, a sister company is a nice theory. But then again Shuu did say he heard the name few times while in the BO as that of a senior member also Haibara said she heard the name as the 2nd in command while in the BO but did not meet him, therefore we now know the existence of a single person as the 2nd in command.

It's either that all of Rum's physical characteristics (including the prosthetic eye) are just the characteristics of body doubles, with one of all their eyes appearing prosthetic, or Rum really does have no eye and/or has at least one of the physical characteristics.

But still what remains is the question of the identity of RUM, as mentioned he had appeared or will appear shortly. Thus like sometimes the most innocent might be the most suspicious, the most misleading might be the most leading.

Depends if Gosho's September 2014 hint was talking about Lum or the actual Rum.

If Rum has already appeared, then Taka'aki/Koumei and Heizo are the leading suspects, for me, as they haven't seen Shiho/Ai—however, they have seen Shinichi's/Conan's deductive abilities, Taka'aki even more so, and one of them being Rum would lead to problems... Taka'aki with Kansuke and Yui, and Heizo with his family, and his subordinates in the police.

The old man who led Andre to blow Shuchi's cover (File 607/Episode 502) is a candidate, as well. Even if he's not, though, that old man's identity needs to be revealed.

Also, Gin and Anokata were apparently "mulling over" Hidemi's/Rena's/Kir's recovery in File 603/Episode 500 and made the plan, themselves, for her to kill Shuichi to prove her loyalty.

It's either that all of Rum's physical characteristics (including the prosthetic eye) are just the characteristics of body doubles, with one of all their eyes appearing prosthetic, or Rum really does have no eye and/or has at least one of the physical characteristics.

Depends if Gosho's September 2014 hint was talking about Lum or the actual Rum.

If Rum has already appeared, then Taka'aki/Koumei and Heizo are the leading suspects, for me, as they haven't seen Shiho/Ai—however, they have seen Shinichi's/Conan's deductive abilities, Taka'aki even more so, and one of them being Rum would lead to problems... Taka'aki with Kansuke and Yui, and Heizo with his family, and his subordinates in the police.

The old man who led Andre to blow Shuchi's cover (File 607/Episode 502) is a candidate, as well. Even if he's not, though, that old man's identity needs to be revealed.

I just rewatched the episodes of Shuu's fake death, his return and when he was waiting for Gin meet up. Although I myself don't support this theory of mine that I just composed, but it is interesting. What of Andre Camel is RUM..just think about it.. He did uncover Shuu's ID to the BO.. as if he purposely did so to warn them from having trouble with the FBI, he has long feminine hair and a strong body.. Shuu doesn't confront him immediately after his cover is blown..though I don't support this theory myself.. Not to mention there are many contradictions regarding it..it is interesting nonetheless..

I just rewatched the episodes of Shuu's fake death, his return and when he was waiting for Gin meet up. Although I myself don't support this theory of mine that I just composed, but it is interesting. What of Andre Camel is RUM..just think about it.. He did uncover Shuu's ID to the BO.. as if he purposely did so to warn them from having trouble with the FBI, he has long feminine hair and a strong body.. Shuu doesn't confront him immediately after his cover is blown..though I don't support this theory myself.. Not to mention there are many contradictions regarding it..it is interesting nonetheless..

Andre has seen Shiho/Ai... and he knows that Kir is a spy AND, now, that Shuichi faked his death. Rum just wouldn't sit on that information and do nothing.

I've heard theories that James Black is BO—but I don't take those seriously, because it's trying to explain something (the FBI being outclassed by the BO without Shinichi/Conan and Shuichi from the end of the Vermouth arc, onwards) that already has an explanation... Gosho chose to make the BO more intimidating by dumbing down the FBI instead of simply making the BO smarter. Plus, not only has he seen Shiho/Ai, but knows who she is—there's no way Rum would sit on that information for over 500 Files/450 Episodes. (It's made clear the FBI knows Shiho/Ai is Sherry in File 435/Episode 346, when she's offered a position in the witness protection program, and both Jodie and James, himself, make a reference to her in File 622/Episode 509 and File 677/Episode 563—they know she's Sherry. If he's BO, then why hasn't he told Anokata?) In fact, anyone who's seen Shiho/Ai and hasn't done something immediately after (As Shiho/Ai suggested, in relation to Hyoue, in File 925), they can be eliminated as a BO suspect. This has precedence—Vermouth didn't go after Shiho/Ai until she saw her as Ariade in File 422/Episode 339. Up to that point, while disguised as Ariade, she didn't see Shiho/Ai, which explained, then, why Shuichi wasn't out to kill Shiho/Ai. This also explained why Subaru was really Shuichi.