Detective Conan World

Rum  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rum's identity? (Please Revote!)

• New character not yet introduced (male)
    • New character not yet introduced (female)
    • A known character who has appeared in the manga who is not one of the names listed below. (explain in comments please)
    • Kansuke Yamato
    • Taka'aki Morofushi (Koumei)
    • Hyoue Kuroda
    • Kiyonaga Matsumoto
    • Shuukichi Haneda
    • Chikara Katsumata (Shogi Player)
    • Mary
    • Sakurako Yonehara
    • Kohji Haneda
    • Asaka (Bodyguard from the past)
    • Wakasa Rumi
    • Muga Iori / "Wada Shinichi" (Momiji's butler)
    • Kanenori Wakita
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
  2. 2. Rum's objective?

• Find Sherry (and kill her if necessary)
    • Hunt down the spies within the BO (and kill them if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt Shinichi/Conan (and kill him if necessary)
    • Hunt down Akai/Subaru (and kill him if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt Masumi (and kill her if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt Masumi's second brother (and kill him if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt Mary (and kill her if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt/kill the person posting info about the Haneda Kohji case (and kill him/her if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt/kill someone else (please explain)
    • Infiltrate the Japanese police (or other law enforcement)
    • Rum is a double-agent and is trying to spy on or damage/destroy the BO
    • Try to overthrow/kill the Boss and become the leader him/herself
    • Try to overthrow/kill another non-undercover BO member
    • Other (please explain)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)

I think Akai's father could be RUM. Since Gosho said something about about his father could be alive. In one of the post cards.

"Akai's father is unfortunately already... it's a secret!"

That unfortunately makes me think he is probably pushing daisies.

Also Gosho said that Rum has already appeared? Daddy Akai hasn't shown himself.

• Upvote 2

Okay, I know my theory is very shaky, but based on Gosho's recent revelation, I'm still going with Komei as my suspect. It's highly unlikely given his apparent use of both eyes, his age, and the fact that he has been around for longer than I had previously believed, however, those could also be positive examples as other people have demonstrated, so there you go. 

I'm just happy to know that Kansuke is not Rum.

We don't even have to wait for next time, I'm calling it right now. Yonehara is Rum. There can't be any doubt.

I've been suspicious of Yonehara too since for a minor character, she appears too often.

She could be a candidate as someone in BO, but as Rum, if we follow the alcohol names for coding, isn't Rum supposed to be a man? Unless she's in disguise, like Vermouth disguised as Araide? Hmmm...

Yonehara barely fits any known description of Rum so far (except that she's feminine). Her eyes moves normally so none of them are fake (you cannot cover this with disguise). All of her encounters with Conan so far have been purely coincidental. She could be a non-Rum BO though, but then it makes us wonder what exactly her role in the series is... 

I'm not eager to point to any candidate with the scant evidence we have so far. For all we know, Rum is the owner of the Poirot or Shuukichi's shogi rival, but we don't have any evidence to firmly implicate anyone. I'm going to wait it out until more info comes up or more characters reoccur.

Don't forget, the liquor codename Rum fits a man. Gosho doesn't break his internal rules just to be tricky. Unless you believe Rum is a disguise artist, I don't think that implicating women makes much sense.

The Raw version of what Kuroda said in the latest file(920) by jimmy_kud0_tv2 from DCTP

I found the Raw, Kuroda's words are
"君なら事件解決の手助けをしてくれると信じていたよ”
”眠りの小五郎の知恵袋ならね”
”この度、松本清長警視正に代わり”
”警視庁捜査一課の管理官に就いた黒田兵衛です。”
”以後、お見知り置きを”
”君も...よろしくな...江戸川コナン君”

and here is the translated version by Spimer from DCTP

Yeah. Here's a line a by line translation:

"I believed that you would contribute to solving the case."
"'Cause you're Sleepin' Kogorou's pearl of wisdom."
"I'm the one who'll replace the current Superintendent, Matsumoto Kiyonaga..."
"... And become the CO who'll handle Police HQ's 1st Division, Kuroda Hyoue..."
"I'd like of you (police officers) to bear that in mind."
"And you too... Looking forward to it (to interacting with you), Edogawa Conan - kun."

So it's confirmed: Kuroda's come to stay around. Kor, you totally called it.

now i am not saying that he is RUM but i think the knowledge of conan being the brains behind "sleeping kogorou" came from Amuro.
cuz in file 897, he said "i'll explain everything to the higher-ups".  and by that i think he is either an agent from the secret police or one of the higher-ups. though i don't know why he was in nagano first and then transfered to tokyo.

though above may not be the case and he might actually end up as rum given that gosho said that rum has already appeared.
and if that is the case then it would make sense why even after knowing he is the brains behind "sleeping kogorou" he won't be doing anything uh major(or something like that) until he founds out about conan-is-shinichi thing the same way Irish did in movie 13(or via some other method).

but he might be neither of what i said. with gosho being in hospital and all. all we can do is speculate and wait for the next file.

now i am not saying that he is RUM but i think the knowledge of conan being the brains behind "sleeping kogorou" came from Amuro.

Thing is, the Nagano crew (Kansuke, Uehara and Komei) has been suspecting Conan to be the mind behind Kogoro ever since the Furinkazan case, so it's probably a widespread theory in their department. Or maybe Kuroda even asked Kansuke drectly what he thinks about Conan.

File 680

tumblr_inline_nlf9bmOmDn1t8u7xo_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_nlf99bsftP1t8u7xo_500.jpg

File 682

tumblr_inline_nlf9ajrzFK1t8u7xo_500.jpg

File 874

tumblr_inline_nlf9gqoQgZ1t8u7xo_400.jpg

Thing is, the Nagano crew (Kansuke, Uehara and Komei) has been suspecting Conan to be the mind behind Kogoro ever since the Furinkazan case, so it's probably a widespread theory in their department. Or maybe Kuroda even asked Kansuke drectly what he thinks about Conan.

Kuroda specifically says that he heard rumors about it from the NPA (ch916), so even if Kuroda did hear anything from the Nagano police at a later point, it would only be information that would confirm suspicions that he would have already had at that point. 

The National Police Agency (警察庁 Keisatsu-chō?) 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Police_Agency_%28Japan%29

kuroda%20npa.png

Hello :)

I'm a bit curious... 

http://9mobo.com/p/detective-conan-chap-920/page/17

Can you see Haibara there? Is that the feeling she gets when she senses another BO member? or she's just hiding?

Hm, certainly could be her B.O. sense

File 800 (feeling Bourbon)

nf38viy.jpg

File 820

0FyUuSH.jpg

Although I spontaneously didn't find any occasion where Haibara was just plain scared without B.O. presence for comparison.

I don't think so, I think it's just her being scared, just like when Sera met her for the first time.

She wasn't just scared of Sera when they met for the first time, that was her B.O. sense kicking in (it was probably because of Vermouth spying on them, but it was still the B.O. sense)

:D

I can't wait until the anime version of this... but I think it would take too long since the scarlet showdown hasn't started yet  ;)

:rolleyes:

:D

I can't wait until the anime version of this... but I think it would take too long since the scarlet showdown hasn't started yet  ;)

:rolleyes:

Usually it takes just slightly over a year for something to get animated. We will probably have a few more chapters by then to explain it one way or another.

What i dont get is if Kuroda is RUM. Why has he found Conan first not Kir or Amuro?

Is not his mission stated to deal with the spies problem in the BO?

Unless he has caught Amuro already and fed him info about Conan being the mastermind and suspected shrunk by the aptx4869?

Or Kuroda is part of the Secret Police and Zero Amouro told him the info on Conan and he will be an ally foghting with Conan to take down the BO. But is just testing hom at the moment?

What i dont get is if Kuroda is RUM. Why has he found Conan first not Kir or Amuro?

What do you mean with "found"? It was never the mission of Kir or Amuro to find/investigate Conan.

Is not his mission stated to deal with the spies problem in the BO?

I don't recall that this has been stated somewhere.

Unless he has caught Amuro already and fed him info about Conan being the mastermind and suspected shrunk by the aptx4869?

Amuro has no knowlegde or suspicions about shrinking that we know of, so he couldn't give him much info. Kuroda got his mastermind theory from the other police members, it is unlikely that Amuro shared his mastermind theory to anyone in the B.O., especially after the Scarlet Arc.

Or Kuroda is part of the Secret Police and Zero Amouro told him the info on Conan and he will be an ally foghting with Conan to take down the BO. But is just testing hom at the moment?

Again, the mastermind theory is not coming from Amuro exclusively.

What do you mean with "found"? It was never the mission of Kir or Amuro to find/investigate Conan.

I don't recall that this has been stated somewhere.

Amuro has no knowlegde or suspicions about shrinking that we know of, so he couldn't give him much info. Kuroda got his mastermind theory from the other police members, it is unlikely that Amuro shared his mastermind theory to anyone in the B.O., especially after the Scarlet Arc.

Again, the mastermind theory is not coming from Amuro exclusively.

You misunderstod me.

I was suggesting possiblities:

1.Kuroda as RUM has already done his mission on finding the spies in BO namely Kir and Amuro.

2. Resulting in Amuro having info squeezed out of him by RUM. And RUM finding out about Conan's envolvement and personage.

3.i suggested alternativly that Kuroda is not RUM by a Secret Police (zero) police member instead. Getting info from Amuro already on his suspicions of Conan. But he will later be a team mate. At the moment he is playing a suspected redherring to us.

I need to clear up some points:

I believe it has been confirmed RUM's mission is to deal with the BO spies. Which is why Kir informed Akia why he was activated.

I never meant that Kir or Amuro's mission was to find Conan. But for RUM to find them.

And lastly has it been confirmed or suggested that Kuroda gets information on Conan from the other police member? I dont not agree it has. Tho it could be a possibility.

You misunderstod me.

I was suggesting possiblities:

1.Kuroda as RUM has already done his mission on finding the spies in BO namely Kir and Amuro.

2. Resulting in Amuro having info squeezed out of him by RUM. And RUM finding out about Conan's envolvement and personage.

3.i suggested alternativly that Kuroda is not RUM by a Secret Police (zero) police member instead. Getting info from Amuro already on his suspicions of Conan. But he will later be a team mate. At the moment he is playing a suspected redherring to us.

I need to clear up some points:

I believe it has been confirmed RUM's mission is to deal with the BO spies. Which is why Kir informed Akia why he was activated.

I never meant that Kir or Amuro's mission was to find Conan. But for RUM to find them.

And lastly has it been confirmed or suggested that Kuroda gets information on Conan from the other police member? I dont not agree it has. Tho it could be a possibility.

Hm, okay, that makes more sense, though I want to adress some of your points.

1. Yes, it could be Rum's mission to find spies within the BO and he could've also already found Kir and Amuro. But the thing is, if they'd be confirmed as spies, they'd either be imprisioned or (way more likely) killed after interrogations (except of course if Rum is another double agent). Since Amuro will appear in the next movie, I have doubts about that something like that has already happened.

2. I looked over interviews, postcard hints and the manga chapters and haven't found anything that confirmed or even hinted that Rum's mission is to deal with spies, so if you have any source for that could you link it please?

3. If you look a few post above yours, there is the confirmation that Kuroda has heard about Conan from the police, as he directly says to Conan in File 916 that he heard rumors about him in the National Police Agency. Dreamskye translated that as "You're quite well known in the Police Department" from the chinese scans, don't how accurate that is, but both have essentially the same meaning.

She wasn't just scared of Sera when they met for the first time, that was her B.O. sense kicking in (it was probably because of Vermouth spying on them, but it was still the B.O. sense)

I don't know about that, it looked to me like she was just scared, because of what she thought: "This person....... could it be...." she said that while Sera was staring closely at her, it didn't seem like some other thing caused that, well at least that's just what it looks to me, anyway that doesn't even seem to be her BO sense with Kuroda. 

• Upvote 1

I don't know about that, it looked to me like she was just scared, because of what she thought: "This person....... could it be...." she said that while Sera was staring closely at her, it didn't seem like some other thing caused that, well at least that's just what it looks to me, anyway that doesn't even seem to be her BO sense with Kuroda. 

But Uchiha, it looks like you forget that right after that Sera looked up and said "Who's there?" while looking up and out through the small right side gap of the door because she thought she saw someone through that gap. After brushing it off, we see Vermouth in the Scar Akai disguise just a few feet away from the room. That means that Sera had spotted Vermouth in disguise through the gap at the same time Sera was staring down Ai. Which also means that's what was triggering Ai's BO sense. It was Vermouth in disguise behind the door.

But Uchiha, it looks like you forget that right after that Sera looked up and said "Who's there?" while looking up and out through the small right side gap of the door because she thought she saw someone through that gap. After brushing it off, we see Vermouth in the Scar Akai disguise just a few feet away from the room. That means that Sera had spotted Vermouth in disguise through the gap at the same time Sera was staring down Ai. Which also means that's what was triggering Ai's BO sense. It was Vermouth in disguise behind the door.

But wouldn't Haibara look behind to see where the BO sense came from? I believe she knows where the BO sense comes from since she looked behind when she sensed Amuro, I don't see why she would just stay focused on Sera while she senses something from behind.