Detective Conan World

Rum  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rum's identity? (Please Revote!)

• New character not yet introduced (male)
    • New character not yet introduced (female)
    • A known character who has appeared in the manga who is not one of the names listed below. (explain in comments please)
    • Kansuke Yamato
    • Taka'aki Morofushi (Koumei)
    • Hyoue Kuroda
    • Kiyonaga Matsumoto
    • Shuukichi Haneda
    • Chikara Katsumata (Shogi Player)
    • Mary
    • Sakurako Yonehara
    • Kohji Haneda
    • Asaka (Bodyguard from the past)
    • Wakasa Rumi
    • Muga Iori / "Wada Shinichi" (Momiji's butler)
    • Kanenori Wakita
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
  2. 2. Rum's objective?

• Find Sherry (and kill her if necessary)
    • Hunt down the spies within the BO (and kill them if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt Shinichi/Conan (and kill him if necessary)
    • Hunt down Akai/Subaru (and kill him if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt Masumi (and kill her if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt Masumi's second brother (and kill him if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt Mary (and kill her if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt/kill the person posting info about the Haneda Kohji case (and kill him/her if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt/kill someone else (please explain)
    • Infiltrate the Japanese police (or other law enforcement)
    • Rum is a double-agent and is trying to spy on or damage/destroy the BO
    • Try to overthrow/kill the Boss and become the leader him/herself
    • Try to overthrow/kill another non-undercover BO member
    • Other (please explain)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)

You know what would be awesome and surprisingly gritty of Gosho? (speculation in spoilers)

Gin has already confronted and killed Kir, and used her phone to send a purposely ambiguous message in order to lure those involved out.

Another crack theory below, based on some new info from chapter 906...

RUM was originally the trio that consisted of Gin, Vodka, and Pisco.  Vodka is the buff one, Gin the feminine one, and Pisco the old one.  The similarity they all share is their adherence to the all black dress code even during the winter and on casual Fridays.  Also, for some more crack in this theory, Gin and Vodka were initially dubbed two of the three kings' names (Melkior and Kaspar respectively) and Pisco was supposed to be Balthazar, the final king (^sorry Professor).  Gosho had Funimation change the names once he realized that they implied too much of something he had planned for the future.

^I was feeling silly and just had to get this out of my system. 

Edited by Akazora

You know what would be awesome and surprisingly gritty of Gosho? (speculation in spoilers)

Gin has already confronted and killed Kir, and used her phone to send a purposely ambiguous message in order to lure those involved out.

Another crack theory below, based on some new info from chapter 906...

RUM was originally the trio that consisted of Gin, Vodka, and Pisco.  Vodka is the buff one, Gin the feminine one, and Pisco the old one.  The similarity they all share is their adherence to the all black dress code even during the winter and on casual Fridays.  Also, for some more crack in this theory, Gin and Vodka were initially dubbed two of the three kings' names (Melkior and Kaspar respectively) and Pisco was supposed to be Balthazar, the final king (^sorry Professor).  Gosho had Funimation change the names once he realized that they implied too much of something he had planned for the future.

^I was feeling silly and just had to get this out of my system. 

i would love it if gin killed kir. It would be something new and fresh ( but that wont fly).

And nice theory on the second spoiler, but the glass eye makes it unlikely.

Arcording to the latest informations about RUM:

- Some say he has long hair -> feminin

- Some say he's very manly

- Some say he's an old man

and most important: He lost an eye.

I think I have a pretty good idea about who that person could be

Just read chapter 613 again, some one was introduced in that chapter. Some one that has long hair, some one who lost his eye in a snow avalanche and now has an X-shaped scar in its place. This same avalanche caused severe and permanent damage to his left leg and he now walks like an old man with his cane. And damn, he's pretty manly too.

Don't open this if you want to find out yourself.

ve6j3r.jpg

Just read chapter 613 again, some one was introduced in that chapter. Some one that has long hair, some one who lost his eye in a snow avalanche and now has an X-shaped scar in its place. This same avalanche caused severe and permanent damage to his left leg and he now walks like an old man with his cane. And damn, he's pretty manly too.

ve6j3r.jpg

oh god forbid another "spy"

we already have enough of those in the BO

the theory matches up pretty nicely except one thing:

I wouldn't exactly consider him an old man since he's only 35 years old.

There's a good chance these "clues" are red herrings since Gosho has a history of dropping them, haha..

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Kansuke_Yamato

oh god forbid another "spy"

we already have enough of those in the BO

the theory matches up pretty nicely except one thing:

I wouldn't exactly consider him an old man since he's only 35 years old.

There's a good chance these "clues" are red herrings since Gosho has a history of dropping them, haha..

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Kansuke_Yamato

ve6j3r.jpg

[/ spoiler]

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/forum/topic/3038-sherrys-soliloquy/page-11#entry326416

ve6j3r.jpg

Honestly, like Rohit pointed out, it's highly unlikely because it was mentioned in a joking manner in one of Sherry's Soliloquies.  

• Upvote 1

I wonder how is RUM's relationship with Vermouth. Assuming that he is a male, and supposedly second in command after the boss, it would be interesting if he disliked Vermouth, who is the boss's favorite.

And the fact that RUM is always in capitals makes me feel that it has more to it than what meets the eye. Just have to wait for the manga to resume by the end of this month to know more.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone think RUM has anything to do with Sera's second elder brother? 

Cocoa i like some points you said. Mostly about bring the story together with the BO's objectives.

I think for the character RUM it is more important for him to be bold and active in threatening the Spies. Rather than Conan figure who he is like the Bourbon case.

He should not be scared of the police or of being found out because he is skillful. Come on second to the big bosd.

I wonder what he will do to rat out the spies? Kir and Bourbon/Rei may have to team up. But i doubth this will happen as Gosho likes everything Conan centered with a splash of detective boys.

In reality Kir would be the main focus at this moment as she is the closest to the BO and at the most risk.

Kir and Rei both are skillfull enough to atleast take RUM head on if confronted.

But they also need more info to uncover about the BO to give Conan.

But what i dont understand is why people would think Conan would bump into RUM before Rei or Kir, just because he is mentioned all of a sudden.

The thing i do like is that Gosho seems to include at least one bit of plot progression each realease since RUM is introduced. Hopefully something big happends. And Heiji is included too even if just small.

@ThatLee4: Thanks! :)

There is also another thing that came to my mind - not a real theory, just a small tidbit to recall that could perhaps be tied to the "old man"-aspect of RUM:

old_bo_guy.jpg

We still don't have a confirmed answer to who this old guy was. If he wasn't Bourbon, that is.

Yeah I had the same idea as you when Rum was mentionned.

But he doesn't really fit what Ai said

@ThatLee4: Thanks! :)

There is also another thing that came to my mind - not a real theory, just a small tidbit to recall that could perhaps be tied to the "old man"-aspect of RUM:

old_bo_guy.jpg

We still don't have a confirmed answer to who this old guy was. If he wasn't Bourbon, that is.

That would be a nice link if true. As it back dates RUM in the DC cannon. Going back quite a bit. I hope it's true. But doubth it unfortuenatly

The first thing that cross my mind about the one-eyed fact and the three speculation that Haibara said about the second-in-command member/s is that Yamato could be RUM. Because strangely, it fits.

Then after Sherry's soliloquy about confrontation with Rum-chan, I think it was strange at first, but then again I recall that Kansuke Yamato was called Kan-chan by Uehara. It's just something that I wonder about, but it's too weird, right?

And the newest series take place in Nagano perfecture. Ha! What's the meaning of this?

By the way, we don't know yet about Rum's mission. But, it's too much if it's just another spy/mole character in BO. I mean, why the hell that BO hasn't been taken down yet if there's already that much mole in the higher-up ranking member?

For me Yamato is definatly not RUM. Its just a little joke.

The mission of RUM should make the BO fearsome (again). Something bold and threating. Not long winded. I believe we should see RUM soon (hopefull in an BO only chapter) with strong features of Gin and Vodka. Establishing his mission (hopefully a smart one) clearly layed down.

What do you guys think RUM's mission will be like?

Like a lot of others, I'm expecting and hoping for Rum to be more of what Gin used to be.  No, that's not quite right.  If we had to describe Gin as the cold blooded and calculating type, then it would definitely be interesting to have Rum be the cold blooded violent type.  When Gin would hesitate and think things through, Rum would have instead shot first and asked questions later.  Adding a character like that to the series, given we're nearing the climax, would definitely add a legitimate sense of danger and urgency I feel we've been lacking in the series throughout.  And though Gosho doesn't kill off major recurring characters, it would be nice to have Rum be an outlet for that kind of stuff to happen (could just be wishful thinking on my part). 

Like a lot of others, I'm expecting and hoping for Rum to be more of what Gin used to be.  No, that's not quite right.  If we had to describe Gin as the cold blooded and calculating type, then it would definitely be interesting to have Rum be the cold blooded violent type.  When Gin would hesitate and think things through, Rum would have instead shot first and asked questions later.  Adding a character like that to the series, given we're nearing the climax, would definitely add a legitimate sense of danger and urgency I feel we've been lacking in the series throughout.  And though Gosho doesn't kill off major recurring characters, it would be nice to have Rum be an outlet for that kind of stuff to happen (could just be wishful thinking on my part). 

I doubt someone who's the "cold blooded violent type" would make it to the second rank, unless they're the co-founder of the org. We know the Boss is a very cautious person, so it wouldn't make sense if he/she trusted someone that tends to act rashly without thinking. But I do agree that the series has lacked a sense of real danger since forever.

i don't know if somebody already mention this or not,

but will it be great if RUM is BO's spy in the police?

we already have some spies in BO, shouldn't BO also have spies in police? 

it will be easier to pick out the spies that way. 

i don't know if somebody already mention this or not,

but will it be great if RUM is BO's spy in the police?

we already have some spies in BO, shouldn't BO also have spies in police? 

it will be easier to pick out the spies that way. 

It's been seen that Vermouth and other members of the BO had been spying on the police from the inside through disguises, if RUM was a spy within the police then they wouldn't need the BO's members to spy on them.. 

If there is BO spies in the police department, Kansuke will be the perfect candidate..follows perfectly with what haibara describe it before by combining all the 3 characters.

Mybe he use the artificial eye during meeting with the others members and not use it when being an inspector..thats y the rumors of the artificial eye spread.haha

Just a rough guest though

nagano polices are special, because they are the only polices that believe and rely on conan so quickly.

kansuke first and the next one is koumei.

even with takagi and sato, conan need more times to make them rely on him and allowing him on investigation.

or is this my feeling only?

nagano polices are special, because they are the only polices that believe and rely on conan so quickly.

even with takagi and sato, conan need more times to make them rely on him and allowing him on investigation.

Agree

I have a feeling that even though Kansuke appears as the RUM character, I do believe he is a red herring and that Koumei is the less suspected person should be the more suspected person...or so.. but both of them are very suspicious..

I do not think Kansuke is Rum (The first suspicious person is never right!), but I do think that Kansuke is being used as a model to show off how to properly hunt for Rum. Conan used Kansuke's appearance to point out how various physical features satisfy Haibara's description of Rum. Kansuke is a strong young man, but if he let his hair down he might look feminine, and he uses a cane which makes him look elderly. We should be prepared to do the same for other characters who might appear: examine how their physical attributes and actions might make them look like a strongly-built man, feminine, and elderly. Also keep in mind we know Rum uses a prosthetic eye, so we probably want someone with two eyes like Superintendent Matsumoto. (I'm only picking on him because he injured his face across his eye and might have a prosthetic. I don't see a way a mountain like him could be mistaken for feminine.) Files 328-330 (Sato's Omiai Case) are probably helpful to review.

• Upvote 1