Detective Conan World
Jessica fletcher

WHERE ARE THE GOOD GUYS BEFORE THE BAD GUY COMMITS MURDER

LMAO title seems obvious but basically so many cases involve a person murdering (or attempting to) someone who killed their friend/significant other/family member/CO WORKER (they do this one a lot but I suppose they're also friends lol) where are the good guys when the original murder is happening? it kind of bothers me that so many crimes on here don't come to light until someone seeks vengeance. 

21 hours ago, Jessica fletcher said:

LMAO title seems obvious but basically so many cases involve a person murdering (or attempting to) someone who killed their friend/significant other/family member/CO WORKER (they do this one a lot but I suppose they're also friends lol) where are the good guys when the original murder is happening? it kind of bothers me that so many crimes on here don't come to light until someone seeks vengeance. 

If the protagonists (Shinichi/Conan and whoever he's with) were to come across a murder attempt/murder plan being carried out, the culprit would have to escape, regardless of the success of their attempt/plan, or there'd be no mystery, and they'd have to be sufficiently disguised, lest the victim immediately ID them (and quite a lot of the murders in DC feature the culprit ending the victim's life in private, with no disguise... so that would have to be changed). Plus, it would require Shinichi/Conan and co. to assume that, everywhere they go, someone's gonna be murdered, and that someone will be from any person or group of people they might meet. The world is a big place—too big to possibly check every person and location before someone inevitably dies. Even with an idea of people's attitudes towards each other (however limited an understanding it may be, due to Shinichi/Conan and co. meeting people for the first time), and a knowledge of surroundings, there's no telling when the killer would strike... and you know what? If Shinichi/Conan and co. planned an insane amount and were somehow able to predict so many murders, then they'd stop them. Thus, the culprit would somehow have to escape what I think would be an elaborate trap—if they didn't, they'd be caught and jailed... no mystery. Additionally, for there to be suspense, all the culprits would have to think on Shinichi's/Conan's level and on the level of other detectives for them to have a chance at getting past the detectives and succeeding in killing their target... and for some, that'd get repetitive after awhile.

I certainly wouldn't mind murders being thwarted, but you'd have to balance it with murders that no one wades into until it's too late, so the thwarting wouldn't get repetitive to the readers, after awhile.

I definitely understand it, it's makes me sad sometimes lol :( like with the embezzling (was he a member of parliament? I can't really remember but I know he was embezzling money and blamed it on his secretary who committed suicide) also I think What makes me

even more sad/annoyed is that the person who would be the victim

is the original bad guy and they get saved and it's sometimes hard for me to be happy the bad guy didn't actually get killed especially ones like that government dude. 

Tried to quote DCuniverse but idk how <_<

pls send halp LOL 

Edited by Jessica fletcher

On August 13, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Jessica fletcher said:

I think What makes me even more sad/annoyed is that the person who would be the victim is the original bad guy and they get saved and it's sometimes hard for me to be happy the bad guy didn't actually get killed especially ones like that government dude. 

Shinichi/Conan is the hero who believes that all life is precious, and he is determined to save everyone. The Moonlight Sonata case and the Golden Apple case are the most impactful and indicative, in terms of his attitude on this.

On August 13, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Jessica fletcher said:

Tried to quote DCuniverse but idk how <_<

pls send halp LOL 

Yeah, since the site got updated, quoting people has been a pain (especially when you're trying to quote the quote of a quote of a quote... ゜◇゜)

(Emoticons aren't working for me, so I had to go find the one I wanted)