Detective Conan World
Black Demon

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 969-971: Swimsuit Murder Case

1 minute ago, MeiTanteixX said:

Aaah, so it had a purpose in the case itself... hmm, so either Gosho thought it would be interesting if he did a flashback-follow-up from that statement, or we are looking too much into it.

regardless its still going to be around the same time period and will take place at a beach like location, so even if they two aren't connected, one could say they are just for fun.

If they do end up being connected through that statement then the new flashback would be during Golden Week (as mentioned in Childhood Adventure), which would be a May holiday

• Upvote 1

I just came back here after a while and I feel so last about what's going on :P Maybe tomorrow I will spend some time reading the chapters. Sorry asking it here but could someone please help me understand what's going on? I was away since the nue case, did I miss a lot of plot?

Thanks a lot if someone can help! ^^

PS: Jimmy-kud0-tv2: What happened to your older account?:D 

6 hours ago, EthanHunter said:

I just came back here after a while and I feel so last about what's going on :P Maybe tomorrow I will spend some time reading the chapters. Sorry asking it here but could someone please help me understand what's going on? I was away since the nue case, did I miss a lot of plot?

Thanks a lot if someone can help! ^^

Hide contents

PS: Jimmy-kud0-tv2: What happened to your older account?:D 

You have missed a Kaitou Kid case, a new character case, and a case with hints about Masumi that will theoretically lead to something good after this break.

The wiiki had a maintenance period where no one could edit it, and I somehow got logged out of my account. In an attempt to log back in I accidentally deleted it. After that it wouldn't let me create a new account, so I had to get Maurice to help me delete the old account and create a new one with the same name. 

If Sera has lived in England and not America, then maybe she saw Conan during the big London case. Perhaps on tv during the tennis match. The case happened before Sera moved to Japan.

On August 31, 2016 at 1:37 AM, Jimmy-kud0-tv2 said:

regardless its still going to be around the same time period and will take place at a beach like location, so even if they two aren't connected, one could say they are just for fun.

I thought it was weird that he changed subjects so quickly... so he was just subtly hinting Shinichi, huh? Maybe Gosho could make a joke out of that, if this flashback takes place just a bit after the 570s one.

10 hours ago, Aries Bless said:

If Sera has lived in England and not America, then maybe she saw Conan during the big London case. Perhaps on tv during the tennis match. The case happened before Sera moved to Japan.

Maybe her comment about seeing his soccer skills on TV was because she was watching Wimbledon, live, and saw him kick that tennis ball at Hades Sabara—the cameras probably panned up to that scene because Minerva Glass launched that ball up there, to begin with. Maybe she saw him in that moment, and immediately recognized him. Thus, we may have an event sequence like this—Mary was shrunk in the U.K., Masumi saw Shinichi/Conan, and then they went to Japan so Masumi could contact him, and they could find out how to remedy Mary's situation (and it also may be that Mary was living with Masumi from the start (that she was in Masumi's apartment in 775–777/656–657 and 796–800/671–674, and we just couldn't see her).

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Maybe her comment about seeing his soccer skills on TV was because she was watching Wimbledon, live, and saw him kick that tennis ball at Hades Sabara—the cameras probably panned up to that scene because Minerva Glass launched that ball up there, to begin with. Maybe she saw him in that moment, and immediately recognized him. Thus, we may have an event sequence like this—Mary was shrunk in the U.K., Masumi saw Shinichi/Conan, and then they went to Japan so Masumi could contact him, and they could find out how to remedy Mary's situation (and it also may be that Mary was living with Masumi from the start (that she was in Masumi's apartment in 775–777/656–657 and 796–800/671–674, and we just couldn't see her).

In 771 she says that she was following the Japanese news which had a lot of articles about Sleeping Kogoro, and then she says out loud that Conan always happened to be at his side (almost implying that she did the same research and came to the same conclusion as Eisuke). Later in the same chapter Haibara then says its also possible that since she was following the news she could have simply seen an article about Conan stopping Kaitou Kid. 

13 hours ago, Jimmy-kud0-tv2 said:

In 771 she says that she was following the Japanese news which had a lot of articles about Sleeping Kogoro, and then she says out loud that Conan always happened to be at his side (almost implying that she did the same research and came to the same conclusion as Eisuke). Later in the same chapter Haibara then says its also possible that since she was following the news she could have simply seen an article about Conan stopping Kaitou Kid. 

What I'm saying is that her mother shrunk, and, not long after, she saw Shinichi/Conan at Wimbledon on TV—that was what led to her doing the research you're referring to.

• Upvote 1

Remember that James Black managed to see that Sera was a girl by first view rather that a boy like others do. I think that's because he knew Mary and noticed the resemblance between them more than Jodie and Camel did with Sera and Akai. I hope you know what I mean.

7 hours ago, Aries Bless said:

Remember that James Black managed to see that Sera was a girl by first view rather that a boy like others do. I think that's because he knew Mary and noticed the resemblance between them more than Jodie and Camel did with Sera and Akai. I hope you know what I mean.

Or he just already knew who Masumi was and that she is the sister of Akai because he has been working with Akai for a longer time now.

• Upvote 2