Detective Conan World
DCUniverseAficionado

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 958-962: The Nue of Yadori Village

File 962 Chinese: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4599456010

Imgur link (Higher quality): http://imgur.com/a/iuKEj

No break next week. File 963 starts a new case!

File 962 Text Spoilers - Translated by Spimer: http://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13084&start=165#p865767

File 962: The sad "Nue" legend

Ran & Kazuha approach "giant" Heiji as he tells them to come closer despite their fear: they then find that Heiji hasn't become larger but a "trompe l'oeil" sheet drawing is hanging there to give one that impression.

It's a cheap trick that doesn't work out without the fire and the gloom: the "beast" was the dog with fur put over it and there was a mini-banner ready there: when the dog would run away with the mini-banner the real one would be placed on the path with the bite marks to give off the impression it was the same one: that was why the dog didn't bark when the "monster" appeared: the "nue" cry was a glass harp: the only one who could do this is the novelist, the culprit, who readied the dog beforehand and who was meticulous to the point of planting trees to pull the trick off.

She pretended to put out the 1st fire and the 2nd fire was by seeding water and metallic sodium: the white grains were the cinders. She stabbed the core of a ball-pen to open the cork of the carbonated drink and spread the liquid around as she planned: she used the fire to kill the 2nd victim with poisoned needles.

The dead miner was the novelist's husband: she wanted to have revenge on the 2 pals who abandoned him when the cave-in: the famed memo can be read as "tetsuno" when seen from the reverse.

The miner wanted to say he'd found a steel ornamental hairpin but since he didn't know the Kanji for it he didn't know the proper naming either so he surely wanted to use the memo and the hairpin to ask "what is this?".

The novelist then summoned the other 2 making them get the wrong idea, making them believe a "steel bottle" had been found. She wanted to bring Kogoro to put a foil to the existance of the "nue": she predicted Ran & Kazuha would get scared at seeing the writing practice memos: that would give them a reason to swap rooms with the archaeologist: when they ask her why she called the writer she denies calling him but it turns out it's her and the late miner's son.

The Mayor comments that it looks like a tale in which Minamoto no Yorimasa wanted to give credit to his mother but she turned into the "nue".

Dawn comes and Yokomizo finally realizes Conan and Ran were there.

Heiji brings Kazuha to the banks of the pond and with a background of the pond glowing like the "steel bottle" containing golden ovals: he attempts to do the one in a lifetime confession...

...But can't because the JSDF reinforcements Yokomizo called to capture the "nue" parachute into the area and surround them.

... Elsewhere, a high school girl named Oooka Momiji reads an article about the case on her smart-phone.

Momiji: "Hmmm... Quite active, isn't he? My future... husband (Haato)."

Side-note: "Has a rival that will endanger Heiji & Kazuha's love appeared...!? Next number will contain a new story! That elusive guy will apppear...!?"

• Upvote 1

Okay so quite a decent 5 file case :)

I don't know what role the new girl will play... she ~might~ be a detective or a detective wannabe as to me she closely resembles the female detective from that Heiji case who became really popular among fans. But in any case I have no clue if this new character will play any significant role in the future. 

Also to Heiji Kazuha fans this new character's introduction guarantees there won't be any confession any soon so bad luck :P

So at the end of the last case Gosho wrote "That great detective will appear" which turned out to be Heiji, and this time time it says "That elusive guy will appear again"... could this be referring to KID? If so YES! :D Has been a while! If not who else?

Hmm... About the new girl, she doesn't look like a main part of the plot. She looks more like a side character, but it's too early to know.

I think she's going to be for Heiji the same as Sera is to Shinichi: a girl he met when he was young and fell in love with him.

So now that the case is out in English...

Enjoyable, but still rather mediocre for a Heiji case, which is kind of a shame. I think this one, unfortunately just felt too similar to some past cases, demon dog especially, and there was some benefits to seeing the large panels/page spreads since they looked really nice... but it also made the case seem longer than it actually was.

I liked the moments with Sango, though he was a bit wacky in this case, more than I remember him being... the thing with the JSDF was pretty funny, and a bit unfortunate at the same time.

But of course, the end... new character...

Ooka Momiji, well... I don't really have too much to say about her to be frank. I think she is going to exist for nothing more than to provide some tension between Kazuha and Heiji and this is Gosho's way to present both an obstacle to delay the confession even further, and move things along for them, but give a bit more spice to cases with Momiji, at least in a comedic aspect... Not that I really agree with it, but okay... well, she only has a quick panel, so I don't want to jump the gun here. I do think now it's even more likely that they won't have a proper confession until a conclusion to the series is near. Gosho is certainly showing us how much he can stretch things out... 

Rather unique character design I suppose. Affinity for make-up, maple leaf fingernails, and red, blonde, or brown hair... though I'm guessing it's probably close to Haibara's intended hair color to match the theme... 

It seems like it's a definite that she'll make her anime/movie debut in M21 seeing as how the preview for M21 had falling maple leaves... 

I don't see this character being linked to the plot just yet, and I doubt she will be at all.

• Upvote 2

Heliotropic now that you mention it I completely forgot about the movie previews that are given at the end of each movie! Can you please tell me what it was? :D Or is there a video on the internet of it yet?

Edit: And if it's something to do with maple leaves I hope it's a case in Canada lol... I will get to meet Conan xD

23 hours ago, EthanHunter said:

Heliotropic now that you mention it I completely forgot about the movie previews that are given at the end of each movie! Can you please tell me what it was? :D Or is there a video on the internet of it yet?

Edit: And if it's something to do with maple leaves I hope it's a case in Canada lol... I will get to meet Conan xD

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Movie_21