Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

What Was the Last Song You Listened To?

On 8/5/2016 at 11:48 AM, machine said:

"ich bin immun!" gonna have to remember to listen to this song the next time I get a flu shot or something

Curious here, are you German/Part German?

===

Why the feck am I listening to this?

thoughts at the start of the video: that man sure loves dancing 

thoughts during the video: this reminds me of that weird pseudo-Russian, but actually German song from the 70s 

thoughts at the end of the video: those men sure love dancing

17 hours ago, .MK. said:

Curious here, are you German/Part German?

Not German, but I am part Austrian if that means anything.

2 hours ago, machine said:

Not German, but I am part Austrian if that means anything.

Part what? Asian/Chinese?

And gotta guess, you ain't a first generation immigrant? :3

Sorry for being nosy, btw, hehe.

===

Some warcraft soundtrack

On 8/14/2016 at 8:53 AM, .MK. said:

Part what? Asian/Chinese?

And gotta guess, you ain't a first generation immigrant? :3

Sorry for being nosy, btw, hehe.

It's cool, don't worry about it haha

If I'm understanding your confusion correctly though, Austria's a country in central Europe. I brought it up because Austrians, at one point, were considered to be German (Austrians and Germans have pretty separate identities now though), one of the languages spoken in Austria is a form of German, and Austria and Germany are neighbors. They're sort of similar, but not similar enough to be considered one and the same. 

And yeah, I'm nowhere near the first of my family here haha. My mom's side (Polish and Austrian) has been here since maybe 1890, and my dad's side (Italian and Slovenian) moved here around 1900 if I'm not mistaken. Because of that, I don't have any ties to the countries my ancestors are from. I apparently have some distant relatives in Italy, but we haven't contacted them in a couple decades, so that doesn't really count.

I think it's really interesting when someone's parents or grandparents were the ones that immigrated though. I feel like people who start anew in an unfamiliar country probably have really good advice to give. 

15 hours ago, machine said:

It's cool, don't worry about it haha

If I'm understanding your confusion correctly though, Austria's a country in central Europe. I brought it up because Austrians, at one point, were considered to be German (Austrians and Germans have pretty separate identities now though), one of the languages spoken in Austria is a form of German, and Austria and Germany are neighbors. They're sort of similar, but not similar enough to be considered one and the same. 

And yeah, I'm nowhere near the first of my family here haha. My mom's side (Polish and Austrian) has been here since maybe 1890, and my dad's side (Italian and Slovenian) moved here around 1900 if I'm not mistaken. Because of that, I don't have any ties to the countries my ancestors are from. I apparently have some distant relatives in Italy, but we haven't contacted them in a couple decades, so that doesn't really count.

I think it's really interesting when someone's parents or grandparents were the ones that immigrated though. I feel like people who start anew in an unfamiliar country probably have really good advice to give. 

Haha, nah, I kinda know that Austria and Germany are kinda similar. It was just that the first country you'll think of speaking a german-ish language would be, of course, Germany.

I see you are actually a pure White (not stereotyping or anything) which I didn't think of since most of DCWers who had been and have been are asians so sorry for thinking that you're one. But pretty awesome, btw :D

7 hours ago, Kirsch said:
Spoiler

*randomly listens*

Never knew you had a thing for electronic music :3

===

On 8/18/2016 at 9:23 PM, .MK. said:

Haha, nah, I kinda know that Austria and Germany are kinda similar. It was just that the first country you'll think of speaking a german-ish language would be, of course, Germany.

I see you are actually a pure White (not stereotyping or anything) which I didn't think of since most of DCWers who had been and have been are asians so sorry for thinking that you're one. But pretty awesome, btw :D

That's understandable!
"Pure white" ..that's one way of putting it I guess haha But yeah, for better or worse, I'm about as white as they come. Aside from being eternally pasty, I can't really complain.

And don't worry about it! Of all things to be assumed as, a different race is far from the worst, and not bothersome in the slightest. :)

6 hours ago, Raki said:

Wrong topic lol

Lmao yo thank you I was on the what's on your mind topic like "where's my post?" Haha 

12 minutes ago, Ryo said:

Lmao yo thank you I was on the what's on your mind topic like "where's my post?" Haha 

Happened to me before too lol. Thought I was posting on WoyM, it ended up on another thread. :P