Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

What Was the Last Song You Listened To?

I didn't either, haha.  I only remembered this song existed when I heard it while waiting in line for Green Lantern and I committed some of the lyrics to memory so I could look it up when I got home.  Gosh, I didn't realize I had ever forgotten this song.  It's great remembering things like this, but it also makes me wonder exactly how much of my past has already been forgotten, never to be remembered.

reminds me of the time when I was looking for the song Don't after listening to it on the radio but couldn't make out the beginning of the chorus, and it was a nightmare finding it, ahahaha.........

A Thousand Miles is a classic that I recently discovered. Haven't heard it since early middle school, lol.

oh and anyone remember this one? hehehehe...

Sometimes I stumble across some really old songs I haven't heard in ages, and it feels like I just recovered a part of my history.

It's such an amazing feeling, haha.

is this going to turn into a throwback thread

Yeah, that's true. I, honestly, before liked her songs a bit. I don't listen to them on my will but I can listen to her songs (e.g. Love Story or You Belong With Me) if it comes on radio or something. But man, her songs now, I just find them irritating. I dunno why lol. :P

geez, I actually didn't like most of her old songs, haha

they sounded so whiny and possessive 

actually, I'm not a fan of her songs in general, but I think they've gotten better over the years.

reminds me of the time when I was looking for the song Don't after listening to it on the radio but couldn't make out the beginning of the chorus, and it was a nightmare finding it, ahahaha.........

A Thousand Miles is a classic that I recently discovered. Haven't heard it since early middle school, lol.

Sometimes I stumble across some really old songs I haven't heard in ages, and it feels like I just recovered a part of my history.

Oh gosh, yes.  Throwback Thursday is everyday.

[boy banding intensifies]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOb9gIGGd0

actually, I'm not a fan of her songs in general, but I think they've gotten better over the years.

I've never liked her at all either, but it's interesting you think she's gotten better over the years.  A lot fans would agree she's gotten gradually worse.  She used to sing country-ish, but now she sings whatever the mainstream genre is, and while it was unique and cool how all her songs were about her real-life relationships, that gimmick's gotten old really fast as people realized she's found true love scores of time and gotten her heart broken so often nothing she says holds much validity anymore.

OMG. A thousand miles. Love the song especially the piano part :3

Haha, we should make a thread about Long forgotten gold songs xD JK.

Her songs before, IMO really, is passable. I do not like it much but I do not dislike it either.

Yeah, Possesive..? The IRONY. :PJust look at how much guys that person had been with. Any sane person can tell that she's nuts. :P Haha, I remember the memes about her intentionally breaking up with her boyfriends so she could write songs about it xD

2876.png

Let's play the Devil's Advocate. :P Anyways, seriously, IMO, she really got worse. Her songs used to sound innocent now they sound... malicious and hateful lol. Just listen to her new songs, really. Those chart toppers, I mean.

I've never liked her at all either, but it's interesting you think she's gotten better over the years.  A lot fans would agree she's gotten gradually worse.  She used to sing country-ish, but now she sings whatever the mainstream genre is, and while it was unique and cool how all her songs were about her real-life relationships, that gimmick's gotten old really fast as people realized she's found true love scores of time and gotten her heart broken so often nothing she says holds much validity anymore.

God, they're so HOT! xD Man, Nostalgia. Man. T___T

Throwback. :3 Just ignore the Twilight thingy in there. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtOvBOTyX00

True. She turned mainstream and that ain't good, most of the time.

Yup, I really feel that her songs aren't honest anymore when it comes to what she really wants to put out. She seems to have bent completely the other direction.

---

Jason Derulo - Watcha' Say

don't forget that one song from that one shampoo commercial, lol

I detest country, that might be why.

22 and Shake it Off were fine, but everything else seems to allude to some screwy relationship she had.

I dislike most songs about relationships, and it doesn't matter what genre they are.

The gimmick's old.

OMG. A thousand miles. Love the song especially the piano part :3

Haha, we should make a thread about Long forgotten gold songs xD JK.

Her songs before, IMO really, is passable. I do not like it much but I do not dislike it either.

Yeah, Possesive..? The IRONY. :PJust look at how much guys that person had been with. Any sane person can tell that she's nuts. :P Haha, I remember the memes about her intentionally breaking up with her boyfriends so she could write songs about it xD

2876.png

Let's play the Devil's Advocate. :P Anyways, seriously, IMO, she really got worse. Her songs used to sound innocent now they sound... malicious and hateful lol. Just listen to her new songs, really. Those chart toppers, I mean.

God, they're so HOT! xD Man, Nostalgia. Man. T___T

True. She turned mainstream and that ain't good, most of the time.

Yup, I really feel that her songs aren't honest anymore when it comes to what she really wants to put out. She seems to have bent completely the other direction.

hell yeah

almost forgot how much I loved A Thousand Miles.

ya gotta give what the fans want, man--even if it's for the worse

and I wouldn't necessarily label her songs as "malicious and hateful," I think passive aggressive would be more fitting. lol, just listen to I Knew You were Trouble, and We are Never Ever Getting Back Together.

about the whole mainstream = bad, I'm not a fan of that generalization, but I felt the same way about Maroon 5. I loved the older songs, but the newer songs are subpar at best.

22 and Shake it Off were fine, but everything else seems to allude to some screwy relationship she had.

I dislike most songs about relationships, and it doesn't matter what genre they are.

The gimmick's old.

about the whole mainstream = bad, I'm not a fan of that generalization, but I felt the same way about Maroon 5. I loved the older songs, but the newer songs are subpar at best.

Ah yeah, country isn't exactly my favorite genre either.  I'm open to all songs, sort of, but I can only take about one country song a day, max.

Songs about relationships are pretty annoying, and it doesn't help that that's what Taylor Swift almost exclusively sings about.

That's why I stick to mah weeb songs, 'cause I have no idea what they're singing about.

Not completely untrue though...........

I agree, old Maroon 5 >>>>>>>> new Maroon 5.

Backstreet Boy's "The Call"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dRdwWhFvns

Gosh, the tune and atmosphere of this song is amazing....

Ah yeah, country isn't exactly my favorite genre either.  I'm open to all songs, sort of, but I can only take about one country song a day, max.

Songs about relationships are pretty annoying, and it doesn't help that that's what Taylor Swift almost exclusively sings about.

That's why I stick to mah weeb songs, 'cause I have no idea what they're singing about.

Not completely untrue though...........

Gosh, I'm not too sure why I dislike country so much. I guess listening to it just makes me feel really out of place.

I can sometimes tolerate country, but most of the time you'll find me cringing.

Haha, I love listening to foreign songs. The instrument variety and style is a breath of fresh air from what's usually playing on the radio. 

did you know that Japan has a radio station dedicated to Touhou OSTs 

--

Been bingeing on Touhou music lately. Haven't listened to them in ages and my ears are in heaven right now.

don't forget that one song from that one shampoo commercial, lol

The gimmick's old.

hell yeah

almost forgot how much I loved A Thousand Miles.

ya gotta give what the fans want, man--even if it's for the worse

and I wouldn't necessarily label her songs as "malicious and hateful," I think passive aggressive would be more fitting. lol, just listen to I Knew You were Trouble, and We are Never Ever Getting Back Together.

Well most mainstream songs nowadays are just pure crap and that's no lie. I'm not a fan of generalization either but that's the sad truth. Before, I really look at the Billboard top 100 charts and listen to some of them coz most were not that bad but now, I don't even bother :P

Anyways, Maroon 5 was really really good before. I mean 'She will be Loved', 'This Love' and 'Sunday Morning' were just platinum songs. It's funny how from those songs, they completely changed to songs like 'Animals' and stuffs. Haha, I never even listened to that song coz I already know what it's about :3

But, not gonna lie, they still made good songs from the previous 5 years. 'Payphone' and 'Daylight', for example, and some of the songs from the previous albums that didn't garner that much attention. It's just that they don't put those songs out as singles. The one that they put out are those that have disturbing themes in it.

Man, I really have a love hate relationship with Maroon 5. I mean I love some of their songs but I also completely hate some.

---

Imagine Dragons - Shots

did you know that Japan has a radio station dedicated to Touhou OSTs 

Waaaaaaahhhhhhh??  Why doesn't America have stations dedicated to their own video game OSTs?  All the radio stations are pretty much the same at this point.

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LORuHWn-1l0

Grrrrr... why doesn't Kalafina ever allow full CD versions of their songs on YouTube?

Well most mainstream songs nowadays are just pure crap and that's no lie. I'm not a fan of generalization either but that's the sad truth. Before, I really look at the Billboard top 100 charts and listen to some of them coz most were not that bad but now, I don't even bother :P

Anyways, Maroon 5 was really really good before. I mean 'She will be Loved', 'This Love' and 'Sunday Morning' were just platinum songs. It's funny how from those songs, they completely changed to songs like 'Animals' and stuffs. Haha, I never even listened to that song coz I already know what it's about :3

But, not gonna lie, they still made good songs from the previous 5 years. 'Payphone' and 'Daylight', for example, and some of the songs from the previous albums that didn't garner that much attention. It's just that they don't put those songs out as singles. The one that they put out are those that have disturbing themes in it.

Man, I really have a love hate relationship with Maroon 5. I mean I love some of their songs but I also completely hate some.

"Pure crap"? Uhh, while I'll admit that most of them aren't as good nowadays, I still don't think they deserve the label of "pure crap." There are plenty of good songs out there, and seeing as how often you list Counting Stars and other mainstream songs on here, that statement of yours is a bit hypocritical--unless listening to "pure crap" is your thing or whatever. I'm sure you can list plenty of songs that you've come to like in the past year or two.

Yeah, I loved the old Maroon 5. Misery, Sunday Morning, and This Love (and probably a ton of others I missed) were a few favorites of mine. I loved how Adam Levine's voice is so distinct and how a lot of his older songs had this unique style to them (could be my bias for background piano though). I'm not a fan of his newer songs that incorporate electropop. One More Night and Animals are probably the only newer songs from him that aren't bad.

and I actually didn't like Payphone or Daylight that much, haha.

I think my opinion of Maroon 5 is pretty straight forward; not necessarily a love-hate relationship. I just think Maroon 5 took a turn for the worse after Moves Like Jagger.

Waaaaaaahhhhhhh??  Why doesn't America have stations dedicated to their own video game OSTs?  All the radio stations are pretty much the same at this point.

I KNOW RIGHT.

American radio stations need to step up their games.

--

last song I listened to was GDFR

dat sax tho

"Pure crap"? Uhh, while I'll admit that most of them aren't as good nowadays, I still don't think they deserve the label of "pure crap." There are plenty of good songs out there, and seeing as how often you list Counting Stars and other mainstream songs on here, that statement of yours is a bit hypocritical--unless listening to "pure crap" is your thing or whatever. I'm sure you can list plenty of songs that you've come to like in the past year or two.

Yeah, I loved the old Maroon 5. Misery, Sunday Morning, and This Love (and probably a ton of others I missed) were a few favorites of mine. I loved how Adam Levine's voice is so distinct and how a lot of his older songs had this unique style to them (could be my bias for background piano though). I'm not a fan of his newer songs that incorporate electropop. One More Night and Animals are probably the only newer songs from him that aren't bad.

and I actually didn't like Payphone or Daylight that much, haha.

I think my opinion of Maroon 5 is pretty straight forward; not necessarily a love-hate relationship. I just think Maroon 5 took a turn for the worse after Moves Like Jagger.

Well the songs that I described "pure crap" are those about Fame, Money, Drugs and Youknowwhat plus a couple of songs about the artist's self-esteem issues, haha. And, the last time I checked the mainstream charts, those are the recurring themes, at the most.

Anyways, yeah, 'Counting Stars' is a mainstream songs  and as I said, I listen to some mainstream songs but only 'some'. There are really exceptions to that especially if I found the song really good in the ear or promotes goodness, but one thing is for sure, I don't listen to mainstream radio deliberately just to find one or intentionally asking a mainstream geek, It's more of a word of mouth really or me unintentionally hearing it.

And btw, I haven't really listed any song here that is completely mainstream or maybe I did but only once or twice or thrice and sometimes it's unintentional. If you're talking about those bands that I listen to (e.g. OneRepublic, Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, The Script and etc.), their songs aren't really mainstream as most people defines it. They are more of a lesser version of the mainstream, alternative that is. I mean not everyone goes crazy on their songs compared to Miley Cyrus' or One Direction's or JB's. They might have some in their arsenal that can be considered mainstream but it's really only few. Plus, most of the time, those don't even reach the top 10 in charts. And also, those bands, I liked them for years so you might see that I have heard to a very popular song by them and think that I only listened to it, becoz it's 'mainstream' or have gone popular but nah, it's more of it's from the band that I love, that's why I did listen to it.

Anyway, honestly, it's up to you. If you really believe that those bands are mainstream and I'm being a hypocrite, then I'm okay with it. I won't defend myself or them. It's your opinion. I won't really debate with that :P  Everyone has a definition of what mainstream is so I think it doesn't matter.

---

I agree that Adam Levine's voice is really distinct and that's one of the things that I love from Maroon 5. Man, Misery is catchy as heck same with This Love. Sunday Morning too. Anyways, seems like you don't like 'She Will Be Loved' :P .IMO, that song is their best song to date. I mean the heck, Adam's Vocals, there, was just top notch and really emotional. Plus, gah, the instrumentation just blends perfectly with the theme of the song and with the vocals.

Haha, what unique style? You mean the really punchy electric guitar and bass sound that they had before? I kinda agree. I didn't hear it on their songs on their last albums before their current one (which is 'V'). I mean just compare the very funky instrumentation in Misery and This Love to the Bland/Generic instrumentation in Payphone. It's like they got lazy writing for the instruments and just decided to focus completely on Adam Levine's Vocals. Don't get me wrong tho, I still like Payphone. :P Anyways, their current album tho, you can hear the funkiness again (e.g. Maps/Sugar) but it's basically a softer and stripped down version.

Well, I liked Payphone becoz for some reason, I get nostalgia listening to it. On the other hand, on Daylight, Adam Levine's Vocals their was pretty neat. But one thing I hated about those two songs is the generic instrumentation that they had. It's completely poppy.

---

Maroon 5 - Sugar :3