Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
sawada91

Detective Conan Special

In my country there are the first 12 volumes of Detective Conan Special, but it was dropped due to the low sales. My problem is that I really like the cases there (even more than Gosho's cases), but I don't know how to continue it. I saw that there are the various volumes on Amazon, but there are 40 volumes and I don't really have any more space at home for manga. Can I get a digital version somewhere (I would gladly pay for it)? Even if it's the japanese version, I don't care.

Thank you.

We don't give links out to full volumes and chapters of manga to avoid the attention of copyright lawyers. I do know that the volumes are rather difficult to find and not really available on the English-language part of the web.

We don't give links out to full volumes and chapters of manga to avoid the attention of copyright lawyers. I do know that the volumes are rather difficult to find and not really available on the English-language part of the web.

So my only hope is Amazon for now?

So my only hope is Amazon for now?

That would be the best method because it gives money to the creators. If you are really desperate you might be able to find something on the Chinese or Southeast Asia part of the web.

That would be the best method because it gives money to the creators. If you are really desperate you might be able to find something on the Chinese or Southeast Asia part of the web.

Any advice?

Maybe try google searching in English/Japanese/Chinese (depends on how many languages you can read).

Btw what are these special volumes? In the Wiki I thought I only saw a couple of anime cases from special volumes(very early anime cases) I had no idea there are 40 volumes :o Also do they release new ones every few months or it has stopped already?

Maybe try google searching in English/Japanese/Chinese (depends on how many languages you can read).

Btw what are these special volumes? In the Wiki I thought I only saw a couple of anime cases from special volumes(very early anime cases) I had no idea there are 40 volumes :o Also do they release new ones every few months or it has stopped already?

The Special volumes are written by Gosho's manga assistants. Only like 1-2 of the cases in the Special volumes made it to the anime. Lately it seems like they are only releasing 1 volume per year. 90% of the content is just pure murder mystery / random cases with tricks that were created by the assistants. However there have been a few non-canon BO events in them. Thats where the characters Arack, Generic, and Blackbeard come from. 

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/List_of_notable_case_characters#Non-Canon_Black_Organization

2005 : 3 volumes

2006 : 3 volumes

2007 : 2 volumes

2008 : 2 volumes

2009 : 2 volumes

2010 : 1 volume

2011 : 1 volume

2012 : 1 volume

2013 :

2014 : 1 volume

2015 : 1 volume

2016 : ??