Detective Conan World
Black Demon

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 954-957: A song named ASACA

What do you think will happen if Rei/Tooru finds out Scotch shot himself because he ran up the stairs?

Shuichi/Dai is kind of to blame for Scotch's death—he evidently got distracted enough for his grip to loosen to the point where Scotch could pull the trigger. This is why I think Rei/Tooru will still blame Shuichi, in addition to coming to blame himself.

Scotch was the one who misunderstood the situation—and who could blame him? Neither he nor Shuichi/Dai knew who was coming up those stairs.

Interesting enough, your comment made me realize how Gosho-sama would continue the series.. Remember that Shuu was considered as Silver Bullet by Anokata and Vermouth previously.. a man strong enough to break down an org by himself, and now he is aided by Shinichi/Conan making them way too dangerous for the Org. Yet this reckoned force is added by the person of utmost insight in the Org (Bourbon) as noted by Vermouth, meaning that the three partners Shuu, Shinichi and Rei are presumably too powerful for the Org.Hence Gosho-sama may or may not have planned that Rei aka Bourbon will have a sort of mental breakdown presumably triggered by his realization of his part in Scotch's death. Therefore making an opening for the Org to act, hence a sort of balance between the heroes and the villains..

What do you think will happen if Rei/Tooru finds out Scotch shot himself because he ran up the stairs?

Shuichi/Dai is kind of to blame for Scotch's death—he evidently got distracted enough for his grip to loosen to the point where Scotch could pull the trigger. This is why I think Rei/Tooru will still blame Shuichi, in addition to coming to blame himself.

Scotch was the one who misunderstood the situation—and who could blame him? Neither he nor Shuichi/Dai knew who was coming up those stairs.

I don't think he would blame himself for that specific reason, since it was an inevitable situation, but he would definitely blame himself for not being able to aid his friend when his help was needed the most. but his grudge for Akai is still reasonable, since Akai confronted Scotch and brought a gun, that lead to it being used to take Scotch's life, and Akai even took the credit for it, seemingly cold-heartedly, going as far as calling him a ghost. Now, I doubt Akai would directly explain to Bourbon what transpired, since he has no way to prove that he didn't force Scotch to kill himself either way, but I do think that this resentment can be resolved by Akai showing his remorse through action. Like risking his life to save Bourbon and show him that he has no intention to let the Scotch incident happen again.

I don't know why you're making a big deal about whose gun it was—again... either, "You forced Scotch to kill himself, you bastard!", or, "You let Scotch die, you bastard!"

Oh no I'm not making a big deal about whose gun it was, I'm just trying to say it doesn't make sense that Akai had the time to explain why the gun wouldn't work whereas he could have just snatched the gun from Scotch. And then to top it off he loosened his grip and let Scotch shoot himself.

Oh btw, is there a break next week?

Oh btw, is there a break next week?

No next week is a double issue, but there will be an unavoidable magazine break the week after that.

From DCTP's home page :

4/20—File 957 (SS 21)

4/27—File 958 (SS 22/23)

5/04—Magazine Break

Interesting enough, your comment made me realize how Gosho-sama would continue the series.. Remember that Shuu was considered as Silver Bullet by Anokata and Vermouth previously.. a man strong enough to break down an org by himself, and now he is aided by Shinichi/Conan making them way too dangerous for the Org. Yet this reckoned force is added by the person of utmost insight in the Org (Bourbon) as noted by Vermouth, meaning that the three partners Shuu, Shinichi and Rei are presumably too powerful for the Org. Hence Gosho-sama may or may not have planned that Rei aka Bourbon will have a sort of mental breakdown presumably triggered by his realization of his part in Scotch's death. Therefore making an opening for the Org to act, hence a sort of balance between the heroes and the villains..

But doesn't that just nullify the events of Scarlet Showdown? Why did that even happen, then, if Gosho's just gonna turn around and make him a bad guy, like plenty of fans thought he was for the 100 files preceding Scarlet Showdown?

I'd rather Rei/Tooru find out about the truth of Scotch's death, learn to let it go, and stop blaming Shuichi and himself.

I don't think he would blame himself for that specific reason/spoiler]

I mentioned Rei/Tooru blaming himself as unrelated to Shuichi/Dai letting his grip slacken on the gun.

Scotch wouldn't have killed himself had Rei/Tooru not gone up those stairs—there's no way, as I see it, that he wouldn't begin to despise himself for this, once he learns the truth.

I'm just trying to say it doesn't make sense that Akai had the time to explain why the gun wouldn't work whereas he could have just snatched the gun from Scotch.

But you're presuming he even could. Maybe Scotch was strong enough not to simply let Shuichi/Dai take it from him—hence why Shuichi/Dai had to convince him to let it go.

Akai confronted Scotch and brought a gun, that lead to it being used to take Scotch's life

And then to top it off he loosened his grip and let Scotch shoot himself.

I agree with mangaluva's post about this on her tumblr page:

"this sh** is a HEAVY-DUTY case of tragic mistake"

Shuichi/Dai was not blameless in this situation anymore than Rei/Tooru—he shouldn't have let his grip slacken on the gun anymore than Rei/Tooru should've run up those stairs.

I

But you're presuming he even could. Maybe Scotch was strong enough not to simply let Shuichi/Dai take it from him—hence why Shuichi/Dai had to convince him to let it go.

I agree with mangaluva's post about this on her tumblr page:

"this sh** is a HEAVY-DUTY case of tragic mistake"

Shuichi/Dai was not blameless in this situation anymore than Rei/Tooru—he shouldn't have let his grip slacken on the gun anymore than Rei/Tooru should've run up those stairs.

Yes but he didn't even try. However I don't really blame him, he couldn't have known someone would come and naturally panicked. To be clear I don't blame any of the three involved, because the situation was just like that, none of those three could have done anything, none of them are actually at fault, but imo the fault really goes to the person who created such a situation, Gosho, but then again creating a situation like this was his only option. Any other situation wouldn't have worked if you think about it. It had to be a situation where it was not the fault of any of the three, but it was caused by all three. Then it also has to be something that Akai would resist sharing with Bourbon, and this situation succeeds in that as now Bourbon would feel guilty for Scotch' death if Akai share the details. Yes, he would still blame Akai but he would also blame himself, which Akai doesn't want to burden him with.

In conclusion Gosho really did what he had to perfectly, it just happens that it had to be very tragic. 

Btw I don't think Akai and Bourbon will ever become friends, but I do want to see more conversations between Conan and Bourbon and of course Conan and Akai about Akai's family, that Gosho trolled us on in the U MASCARA case.

I mentioned Rei/Tooru blaming himself as unrelated to Shuichi/Dai letting his grip slacken on the gun.

Scotch wouldn't have killed himself had Rei/Tooru not gone up those stairs—there's no way, as I see it, that he wouldn't begin to despise himself for this, once he learns the truth.

However, I don't think Gosho is gonna focus on Bourbon thinking in that line of thought, though I think it will play a role in his overall regret:

He wasn't there for his friend when the help was needed! That anger alone towards himself was redirected to Akai, who contrary to Rei was there and could help Scotch, but ultimately failed! It's an easier blaming target psychologically, even though in the end, he would have wanted to trade his position with Akai's!

Yes but he didn't even try.

I still think you're presuming too much.

However, I don't think Gosho is gonna focus on Bourbon thinking in that line of thought, though I think it will play a role in his overall regret:

He wasn't there for his friend when the help was needed! That anger alone towards himself was redirected to Akai, who contrary to Rei was there and could help Scotch, but ultimately failed! It's an easier blaming target psychologically, even though in the end, he would have wanted to trade his position with Akai's!

My understanding of the situation was that Scotch's text was what let Rei/Tooru know that Scotch had been exposed. He then somehow found where Scotch had gone, and headed over. Thus, he simply couldn't have been there. This is why I think he'll regret even going there, even though there was no way for him to know that he'd startle Shuichi/Dai enough for him to slacken his grip enough for the panicked Scotch to kill himself.

Hopefully, we'll get the explanation of how Scotch was exposed, soon enough (say, 30-50 files, since that's how long it took the entire circumstances of Ethan Hondo's death to be explained).

• Upvote 1

My understanding of the situation was that Scotch's text was what let Rei/Tooru know that Scotch had been exposed. He then somehow found where Scotch had gone, and headed over. Thus, he simply couldn't have been there. This is why I think he'll regret even going there, even though there was no way for him to know that he'd startle Shuichi/Dai enough for him to slacken his grip enough for the panicked Scotch to kill himself.

Hopefully, we'll get the explanation of how Scotch was exposed, soon enough (say, 30-50 files, since that's how long it took the entire circumstances of Ethan Hondo's death to be explained).

I definitely hope that we get an explanation to how he got busted, but if we're gonna compare this to the hondou case, than I'd say this is equivalent to the reveal of Ethan sacrificing himself for Hidemi!(this is also 50 files after the mention of Scotch)...

I definitely hope that we get an explanation to how he got busted, but if we're gonna compare this to the hondou case, than I'd say this is equivalent to the reveal of Ethan sacrificing himself for Hidemi! (this is also 50 files after the mention of Scotch)...

I find that every 50 files or so, something big happens in DC, no matter which arc. Seems this rule is still holding.

954–957 was 20 files or so ahead of 936–938, which first confirmed what we'd thought. Hopefully we get the next development for this plot thread within the next 40 files or so.

• Upvote 1

But doesn't that just nullify the events of Scarlet Showdown? Why did that even happen, then, if Gosho's just gonna turn around and make him a bad guy, like plenty of fans thought he was for the 100 files preceding Scarlet Showdown?

I'd rather Rei/Tooru find out about the truth of Scotch's death, learn to let it go, and stop blaming Shuichi and himself.

I

The Scarlet Showdown was meant to happen as to keep Bourbon on alert and forcing Shuu to show he is alive, and to emphasize on their intelligence level. Bourbon won't be necessarily a bad guy but rather an unavailable good guy..

The Scarlet Showdown was meant to happen as to keep Bourbon on alert and forcing Shuu to show he is alive, and to emphasize on their intelligence level. Bourbon won't be necessarily a bad guy but rather an unavailable good guy..

Until we know why Rei knows about Elena, I keep my belief that there is a possibility he is involved somehow with BO, even in his childhood. :lol:

Until we know why Rei knows about Elena, I keep my belief that there is a possibility he is involved somehow with BO, even in his childhood. :lol:

Or maybe it's the other? I mean maybe Elena had some ties with the secret police. That is unlikely because Elena is a foreigner(British?) so perhaps mi6.

Or maybe it's the other? I mean maybe Elena had some ties with the secret police. That is unlikely because Elena is a foreigner(British?) so perhaps mi6.

Yes, she is British. Well, there is a possibility she was tied with them via Mary.