Detective Conan World
Black Demon

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 954-957: A song named ASACA

RULES

1. Please use spoiler boxes until a full English translation is available.

2. NO DIRECT LINK to any Japanese scans (RAWs) or English scans (Japanese spoiler images are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very far away from a full scan).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

[spoiler]Text you want to write[/spoiler]

Or more manually:

Step 1: Click the "Special BBCode" icon at the upper-left side of the edit toolbar.
Untitled-1_zps5a0dae75.png

Step 2: In BBCode, select "Spoiler".
Spoiler_zpsc5764e29.jpg

Step 3: Enter the text that you want to put inside Spoiler boxes, then click OK.

Text_zps4958fb14.jpg

954 text spoiler translation courtesy Spimer: http://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=864364#p864363

A PSB spy inside of the BO is found out... And a man is shot dead. Akai shot the man and Amuro couldn't stop Akai from doing so...

File 954: The punishment of betrayal

Bourbon is driving along the city and seems to be lost in thoughts as he skips a crossroad where he wanted to turn right. He approaches something important, and is given orders to dispose of "it" before it goes public...

Conan, Ran, Sonoko and Okiya are cleansing up the Kudo house. Sonoko admits that she invited Sera to join them but couldn't because she had to move to a different hotel. Okiya asks the 3 of them about wheter there's "someone odd" around Sera. He's looking for the mysterious go-getter SP "ASACA" but it'd seem that Sonoko and Ran haven't seen anyone who stood out around Sera.

When Okiya brings out the name Sonoko talks about another topic: the rock musician Hado Rokumichi has announced a new song after 17 years. The title's "ASACA".
This has to be related to RUM! Conan and Okiya feel that so they agree to join Sonoko and Ran to go see a reharsal before Rokumichi does the live.

However, when they reach the hall they and others are halted by the manager who argues that the song lyrics aren't completed yet so no-one can come in.
The backband and the staff have all left and the stage's empty.

The president of the record company with whom they've signed an agreement has tried many times to convince Rokumichi not to retire after this live but Rokumichi hasn't changed his mind: he plans to announce it during tomorrow's live. An unscrupulous reporter who's sneaked into hall has come to rummage but the manager has kicked them out with the helpf the staff working on the outside.

Sonoko says that if they can't see the reharsal then there's nothing they can do: not like they are passionate fans either. Just as she suggests that they go back Amuro and Azusa show up together. Amuro had told Sonoko he's a fan of Rokumichi at the Poirot and that Sonoko had arranged to come see this reharsal of the day before the live: Azusa had decided to come along as well.

Sonoko and Ran are about to go back with Conan and leave the 3 adult fans there: Conan tells Azusa that she's good at playing the guitar and Azusa admits it without doubting. Conan then says that back when the girl band case Azusa had said that she'd never played the guitar: Azusa argues that she thought it was embarassing to try to play together with high school girls.

Upon hearing that Conan decides that "Azusa" must be Vermouth: Conan knows that Okiya's Akai so if Azusa found out Akai would be killed. He warns Okiya by whispering into the ear about Vermouth.

But then their reason to leave the scene is crushed by another reason: some firefigthers come to inspect the equipment and, when they open the door of the audience's seats, Rokumichi's hanged corpse is found hanging over the stage.

Side-note: the musician hanged high in the air. What's the explanation for this mysterious situation...!?

Chek made up the topic title, the chapter title is something like The punishment of betrayal
  • Upvote 2

Well, this murder is obviously not the work of the BO because the MO doesn't match. I have a feeling per my prediction in the last thread we are going to hear about another side of Rum from a witness. The last case was feminine Rum; this one is either strong man or old man Rum.

Like Azusa would ever say something arrogant like she was embarrassed to play a guitar around high-schoolers. Vermouth is going OOC there.

I feel like this file could go in two directions:

The case I want: Team Amuro and Vermouth versus Team Akai and Conan DOUBLE BATTLE DEDUCTION SHOWDOWN or...

The likely option: Conan just making things awkward for everyone because he gets caught up in the case. Okiya really wants to investigate but is forced to lurk on the sidelines because Vermouth. That means Amuro plays as Conan's aide with Vermouth smirking.

Seriously, covering Rum's rear has turned out to be a lot of work for the BO thanks to his murdering Kohji. I am surprised he got promoted.

• Upvote 1

So far it seems that RUM has caused a lot of mess

at this point im really sick of the wherever he goes someone dies

cant i get files where its just research and not some big or small crime

Considering this has never happened in the last 22 years, I'd guess the answer is no, you can't get that.

For the average japanese person, buying Conan ensures first and foremost that you'll be getting your mystery of the week/month, therefore there will always be some kind of mystery (a murder, a code, a burglary, a hostage situation etc.) to go along with the story so at this point it's kind of pointless to hope for this to suddenly change.

Seriously, covering Rum's rear has turned out to be a lot of work for the BO thanks to his murdering Kohji. I am surprised he got promoted.

Same here. Looks like an Alternate Rum arc may be called for as well for me.

I've always wondered why all these information are only starting to leak out recently, for a case that happened 17 years ago.

Because Gosho wants the mystery to unfold a certain way in order to be interesting; he is using different witness testimonies from the past one after another that the reader must untangle to uncover Rum's true form. Coincidental cases involving the past are the easiest way to approach the subject although it sacrifices some realism to have Conan run into one relevant case after the other.

/Doylist answer

Haneda Shuukichi's recent Shougi victories, especially his recent claim of all seven titles which made popular news, have suddenly forced people to recall the late Haneda Kohji. People involved in Kohji's death are thus prompted to act on their memories since it is on the forefront of their minds.

/Watsonian answer

• Upvote 1

Yeah even I think as Chek pointed out this case might show another side of rum, i.e. old or strong. I doubt there is gonna be another BO case after this soon, as I think we won't get any BO case for a while after movie 20, on a side note really really glad that we get some BO characters in! :D

Btw this has obviously been pointed out, but the shopping mall case was a foreshadowing on RUM's true description right? I think figuring out why people look at RUM in three forms(three completely different forms) is gonna be harder than the mall case but very interesting! :)

on a side note really really glad that we get some BO characters in! :D

Yeah. Even if the case methods are probably not gonna change I'm glad to see BO members are in the scene to spice up the case, specially Vermouth. Let's just hope something useful comes out of this.

So far RUM is as clumsy as Vermouth...

Then why he is special?

Pisco is discarded easily after all...

He/she is special because he/she is the nº 2 in the organization. Very close to the boss.

So far RUM is as clumsy as Vermouth...

Then why he is special?

Pisco is discarded easily after all...

He made a mistake 17 years ago, which seemed to be unknown until recently. I wouldn't say you can completely judge his ability or level of clumsiness just from that.

Sudden Scotch death panel that probably provides some backstory clues when added to info learned later,

Akai not shown definitely pulling the trigger (but there is blood splashes),

Three red herring definitely-not-rum suspects,

A conversation with Okiya funny enough to make Amuro go dot eyed,

And a multi-disguise pileup.

I am definitely digging this chapter. Hope the case is good!

I am kinda curious if this victim or the one from the last file really knew something about the Kohji case, did Conan find anything related to that in the last victim's belongings or something? Otherwise it would just mean the last case had nothing to do with the BO. Also I had a question, the guy from the last case said something about a woman, did Conan find out what he meant? I did not yet read the translated resolution of the last case so I'm kinda confused about how things are progressing.

Regarding this case, why are Bourbon and Vermouth there in the first place? The text spoilers say they were ordered to dispose of "it" which I don't quite get. Does it mean the boss just mailed them to dispose of something that in the music studio(or wherever they are)? In that case what could it be, perhaps some evidence regarding the Kohji case the musician guy had? It must be something very important for which two code named agents had to be sent in... interesting.

I am kinda curious if this victim or the one from the last file really knew something about the Kohji case, did Conan find anything related to that in the last victim's belongings or something? Otherwise it would just mean the last case had nothing to do with the BO. Also I had a question, the guy from the last case said something about a woman, did Conan find out what he meant? I did not yet read the translated resolution of the last case so I'm kinda confused about how things are progressing.

Regarding this case, why are Bourbon and Vermouth there in the first place? The text spoilers say they were ordered to dispose of "it" which I don't quite get. Does it mean the boss just mailed them to dispose of something that in the music studio(or wherever they are)? In that case what could it be, perhaps some evidence regarding the Kohji case the musician guy had? It must be something very important for which two code named agents had to be sent in... interesting.

The victim in the previous case had heard from someone that Asaka was holding a mirror at some point and they thought that Asaka must be a woman. Because Conan believes that Asaka and Rum are the same person, the information that Asaka could be a woman leads him to think that Mary could be Rum due to her ability to knock down the culprit of the case. Then at the end of the case we have Mary and Gin saying the same line about a demon (oni) sleeping in the darkness. 

The victim in this case wrote a song titled "ASACA" with a C, which is similar to Koji's dying message. So more than likely Bourbon and Vermouth were sent to find out what the song writer knew, and kill him.  

Then at the end of the case we have Mary and Gin saying the same line about a demon (oni) sleeping in the darkness.

I just realized that this was supposed to make Mary look suspicious. Here I was thinking it was kind of cool to have the same saying with different meanings.

I get the feeling that Amuro and Vermouth's plan to deal with the singer wouldn't have him killed for sure unless the song was incriminating. Also, I have a hard time believing they are planning to just waltz in to his dressing room with a pistol planning to attack him right away. Wouldn't it make more sense for Vermouth and Amuro to fall back after getting the info so someone ready can set up an accident? The overt murder of another celebrity related to the Kohji case and Asaka would be highly counterproductive to sweeping the past under the carpet.

Also just a reminder, it is still a mystery who keeps posting info on Kohji's case that someone keeps taking down. Does this mean the BO had a censorship and harmonizing division?

What Kurara meant (and I agree with) is "why would the Boss choose someone so clumsy to be the second in command of such a secretive agency?"

Well what kind of agency goes on a roller coaster to find their dealer XD

Well what kind of agency goes on a roller coaster to find their dealer XD

they probably had some time to kill ( :lol:) and also if they just stood and waited at some place it might look suspicsious also i agree with @uncle_sporkums that it ws an older beginning verison of conan...so thats why...

• Upvote 1