Detective Conan World
DCUniverseAficionado

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 948–950: The Clenched Scissors

I'm curious about the person, who uploads details about the case online. It must be someone who had access to the police report or someone who was present at the crime scene or someone close to the victims.

I'm curious about the person, who uploads details about the case online. It must be someone who had access to the police report or someone who was present at the crime scene or someone close to the victims.

Aren't those just old news reports though? But yeah, they must have some kind of special reason for doing that.

I have a hunch it will turn out to be Shuukichi Haneda. Gosho has to make the relation between him and Kohji clear, and this seems to be a clear link.

• Upvote 1

I have a hunch it will turn out to be Shuukichi Haneda. Gosho has to make the relation between him and Kohji clear, and this seems to be a clear link.

How would Shukichi get his hands on all of these photos from a crime scene in America and details about the crime? Hack the police computers? Remember, Shukichi was 11 at the time of Kouji's death and still a member of the Sera family at that point, so I doubt he was with him in America and even if he was, I doubt he was concerned about taking photos of stuff and everything.

So far the Rum arc seems more interesting and promising than the Bourbon arc (except for the whole Akai family shenanigans).

Yeah agreed I find it interesting too. Though I don't mind Akai much. Still I guess Akai alone would have been better than having so much detail about his past and family Gosho made up later on. Also why isn't the FBI coming into any contact with that CIA spy(Hidemi?) for so long?

Btw side question: Does all of the BO(including Bourbon, and of course Gin) think that Shiho is dead? They haven't mentioned her in SO long, therefore it didn't make sense when Akai left Camel to make sure she is safe, after all she stays alone quite often, and not that Agasa, or even Camel could do much if the BO found out where she is. 

The reason I am asking this is because obviously unlike Akai's fake death no body would have been found after the mystery train arc, so why isn't Gin questioning Vermouth and trying to get Shiho? Gosho completely side-stepped that part of the plot.

I mean Yukiko did have this little conversation with Vermouth that if she doesn't get Ai this time she won't go after her anymore, but still why isn't Gin curious anymore? He tried so hard to get her for hundreds of episodes and now he just doesn't care?

Btw side question: Does all of the BO(including Bourbon, and of course Gin) think that Shiho is dead? They haven't mentioned her in SO long, therefore it didn't make sense when Akai left Camel to make sure she is safe, after all she stays alone quite often, and not that Agasa, or even Camel could do much if the BO found out where she is. 

The reason I am asking this is because obviously unlike Akai's fake death no body would have been found after the mystery train arc, so why isn't Gin questioning Vermouth and trying to get Shiho? Gosho completely side-stepped that part of the plot.

I mean Yukiko did have this little conversation with Vermouth that if she doesn't get Ai this time she won't go after her anymore, but still why isn't Gin curious anymore? He tried so hard to get her for hundreds of episodes and now he just doesn't care?

Yes, for all we know, the BO (except Vermouth) thinks she is dead. Why doesn't Gin question Vermouth because there was no body found? Because unlike with Akai's death, Vermouth didn't use a single, small bomb, but instead a train carriage full of C4. With Sherry standing right beside it, there shouldn't be anything of her body left after an explosion. And any DNA splatters or anything that would've maybe been left would've been destroyed by the fire afterwards. Also, did you really feel like Gin was thinking about capturing her all the time? It wasn't even his mission and between Reunion with the BO and the Mystery Train, I don't recall ever seeing him thinking about Sherry too much.

See also: pink mist from military speech when a person blows up, because that's all that's left after a bomb explosion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FxzfzWhtCc

• Upvote 1

How would Shukichi get his hands on all of these photos from a crime scene in America and details about the crime? Hack the police computers? Remember, Shukichi was 11 at the time of Kouji's death and still a member of the Sera family at that point, so I doubt he was with him in America and even if he was, I doubt he was concerned about taking photos of stuff and everything.

Given that Akai's father was connected to Kouji so strongly that Akai felt compelled to join the FBI, I dont think it would be much of a surprise that their father had the details of the case, which he shared with both Akai and Shuukichi. That could explain how both of them knew about it. Initially, Akai was searching for Kouji. But, after Akai went missing, Shuukichi thought of using the information he had to carry out some investigations. When he could not proceed any further, he decided to post the information online asking someone for help... 

Although Akai could have known about the case after reading the details he saw online, but I think that that's unlikely considering as how he had joined the FBI because of Kouji's case.

That's because we're only 52 files in, right? 52 files into the Bourbon arc, we hadn't even hit Scar Akai. 

Out of the first 15 cases in this arc, 10-12 have some plot stuff, while in the Bourbon arc I think it was like 3-5.

• Upvote 1

Out of the first 15 cases in this arc, 10-12 have some plot stuff, while in the Bourbon arc I think it was like 3-5.

But when you really think about it, a lot of those are subplots that distract us from noticing the pacing of actual Rum stuff. 

Counting Scarlet Epilogue as a starting point, haven't the only Rum cases been

Writer hanging case, where we get descriptions

brief mention in Kamaitachi case where we see Conan compares Yamato to the descriptions

brief mention in Kawanakajima where Conan mentions two of the descriptions on Kuroda

Gosho clearly screwing with us in the Department Store case and the three descriptions and the number 2

and Koji's death case where we have "Asaca Rum" as a dying message.

The whole Scotch thing just seems like its going to be a personal vendetta thing

between Akai and Bourbon and have nothing to do with the actual arc. 

The Akai family stuff being revealed sooooo slowly seems to be pointless

other than streching out the series so Gosho can think of other stuff to add,

because so far it only really seems to be tied into the BO plot through this

Koji case where the Akai father was involved, and potentially proving the existence

of some form of APTX up to 17 years ago, and the "Haneda" name.

I mean this Koji case literally looks like Gosho's way of saying "Oh look, the Akai family plot was relevant all along,

see, all of them have some connection to yet another new character who has been dead the whole time"

But when you really think about it, a lot of those are subplots that distract us from noticing the pacing of actual Rum stuff. 

The whole Scotch thing just seems like its going to be a personal vendetta thing

between Akai and Bourbon and have nothing to do with the actual arc. 

The Akai family stuff being revealed sooooo slowly seems to be pointless

other than streching out the series so Gosho can think of other stuff to add,

because so far it only really seems to be tied into the BO plot through this

Koji case where the Akai father was involved, and potentially proving the existence

of some form of APTX up to 17 years ago, and the "Haneda" name.

I mean this Koji case literally looks like Gosho's way of saying "Oh look, the Akai family plot was relevant all along,

see, all of them have some connection to yet another new character who has been dead the whole time"

Except the whole Akai family business went on through 51-130 files of the Bourbon arc, starting in its second half—that's mainly where the dragging/lagging comes from (at least, over/under half of it). 

The Rum arc hasn't even reached the length of DC's shortest arc (Sherry/Haibara arc—176-237 (62 Files)).

And with a BO case incoming, who knows what'll happen next?

Except the whole Akai family business went on through 51-130 files of the Bourbon arc, starting in its second half—that's mainly where the dragging/lagging comes from (at least, over/under half of it). 

The Rum arc hasn't even reached the length of DC's shortest arc (Sherry/Haibara arc—176-237 (62 Files)).

And with a BO case incoming, who knows what'll happen next?

By "BO case incoming," do you mean that this case about Kohji will be continued, or that a new separate BO-related event will occur? And can you tell me how you found this out? Thank you.

By "BO case incoming," do you mean that this case about Kohji will be continued, or that a new separate BO-related event will occur? And can you tell me how you found this out? Thank you.

Gosho said in a new years postcard that "Gin will appear in the manga very soon", which is why DCA speculates on a BO case next I guess.

• Upvote 2

Gosho said in a new years postcard that "Gin will appear in the manga very soon", which is why DCA speculates on a BO case next I guess.

Your guess is correct.

Do you think there'll be a BO case next?

I think we still need a segue case inbetween

With Clash we had the Kusada Rikumichi incident which revealed the location of Kir and gave reason for Gin to come out

With Silent Clash we had the previous appearance of Scar Akai, which Vodka saw on tv and gave reason for Gin to come out

With Mystery Train we had the that Cabin Trap case where all the Bourbon suspects saw a video of Shiho, which got back to Gin ...ect

With Scarlet Arc we had several cases in a line where Bourbon was getting more and more info from Clash to lead in

so I think we need something else that would actually give reason for the BO to make a big more public move

for example since we also have postcards about Masumi and MG coming back to the manga soon, I think they might appear first

and do something that will eventually get back to the BO somehow.

I think we still need a segue case inbetween

With Clash we had the Kusada Rikumichi incident which revealed the location of Kir and gave reason for Gin to come out

With Silent Clash we had the previous appearance of Scar Akai, which Vodka saw on tv and gave reason for Gin to come out

With Mystery Train we had the that Cabin Trap case where all the Bourbon suspects saw a video of Shiho, which got back to Gin ...ect

With Scarlet Arc we had several cases in a line where Bourbon was getting more and more info from Clash to lead in

so I think we need something else that would actually give reason for the BO to make a big more public move

for example since we also have postcards about Masumi and MG coming back to the manga soon, I think they might appear first

and do something that will eventually get back to the BO somehow.

Makes sense.

I just read the last chapters of Detective Conan.

So Shuichi Akai's father was involved in a case in which Rum was the murderer. Is Gosho Aoyama trying to pull a "REDRUM" joke on us ?