Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Shinan-Kudogawa

Conan's 'Bricks' !!

OK, so as the title appeals. I just finished watching the 804th episode, and I enjoyed it. However I couldn't but notice that in the new opening there are bricks in the background, which reminded me of the first opening in which also there are bricks in the background. In fact the 'bricks' theme is heavily consistent in the series, such as in the middle of an episode the break scene of a closing and reopening wood door is inside a wall made of bricks. The title of the series sometimes is designed with bricks in the back, there is also the building of the bricks which ran falls from in the first opening and Conan saves her by catching her hand, in the first closing Shinichi also walks through such building, and in the recent openings there is a short scene were Gin and Vodka share a smiling glimpse over Conan through a window in a building built of bricks. Adding to that the BO is over half a century, do you think it's pure artistic or is there more to it?.. 

This was from SBD 80+, if that's an answer to your question. I imagine they use it in the anime for the same reason. I don't think there's really any special meaning behind it. 

Q89: Why are there red bricks on the covers of the volumes?
A: The design department decided it.

• Upvote 1

This was from SBD 80+, if that's an answer to your question. I imagine they use it in the anime for the same reason. I don't think there's really any special meaning behind it. 

Q89: Why are there red bricks on the covers of the volumes?

A: The design department decided it.

Oh, did not know about it. Thanks :D.. still it is too consistent, though I hope it would have a meaning. Like allusion to the BO's HQ building that we can see through and trace it in the early stages of the story. A building of bricks, built in the old manner as a scary castle. That would be the stage for the final clash, a building full of bricks that represents the money and the time invested in the building that symbolizes the BO at large collapsing at the very end. Leaving a destructed building with no inhabitants, a project evolved into a stage that will see the end before going any further. A fitting image I think, if it manages to keep a sci-fi/mystery/horror aspects within the castle of bricks.