Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Silverbullet96

Why did Ran hang out with Shinichi their whole childhood ?

Is there really a reason ? They don't have much chemistry, I know we have seen very little of them together, but I think we have seen enough, and its tough to see them string together decent conversations even in present, and imo it looked tougher when they were kids, Shinichi was the cool, talented kid and Ran was basically an innocent, cute, sweet young girl who clung to him with nothing else really to offer. They probably met through their parents, obviously Shinichi stuck with her because he liked her very soon after seeing her, but Ran really should have lost interest in him after realizing how different they are, no real reason to stick with him like BFFs for 10+ years.

Or obviously there is no reason, just Gosho being 'eehh' at romance.

Or obviously there is no reason, just Gosho being 'eehh' at romance.

I just don't think Gosho wanted to focus on that—this is a mystery series, first and foremost. Any romance that is considered "eehh" by certain fans is because he just wanted to do something with character X that involved a mystery of some sort, and, thus, it came off as "eehh" to said certain fans.

I also think users like you have become more against Shinichi and Ran as a couple as the series has dragged on, with how much of the status quo has been preserved for the past 8 and 1/3 years—character developments/progressions have been put on hold.

Did you read the flashback case about their first meeting? Because we know that they met in pre-school and not through their parents. They became friends when they were four years old, went to the same school and mostly the same class after that, grew up close to each other and became BFs. You never had a kid in your neighborhood that you kept being friends with for a long time or someone at school?

• Upvote 1

I don't think Gosho has to show them on-screen in their normal, everyday daily lives (would that really be interesting?) so we can really get a proper grasp of things... I think we are just supposed to infer that they have always been close friends since their first meeting. I think saying that they don't have much "chemistry" is quite misleading as well. There's really no point to debate every little detail here, as it's been repeated so much throughout these forums... but I think it's quite obvious that they have similar thoughts and beliefs.

Why isn't there a reason to stick with him if they are best friends? I don't follow that logic... I don't think it was until the New York Case that Ran noticed she had clear feelings for him, although Shinichi seemed to feel differently in the pre-school case from the start... It's not like Ran had some ulterior motive to get with him from the start. They were childhood best friends...