Detective Conan World
RyeScarlet

Who is the smartest characters in Detective Conan?

To make it short, this is my list in order:

*Not including Kaito series characters

1. Akai/Okiya, Furuya/Amuro, Kudo Yusaku, Heizo Hattori, Gin, ANO KATA, Shukichi Haneda, RUM

All of them tie, here is my reasoning:

Ano Kata - Deserve to be regard as "the most smartest and have a smart strategy thinker" and all, the BO have been going on for more than 50 years at least and remain uncaptured by everyone. One must be damn smart to be in this posotions, not to mention, CIA, FBI, JSP have infiltrate the BO for everyone know how long and yet FAIL to bring down the Organization, nuff said.

Akai Shuichi/Okiya Subaru - He is smarter and above Conan/Shinichi IMO. One argue that it was Conan who plan his faked death BUT, we must consider that the reason Conan can come out and think of such plan is because he is aware about 2 things:

1. Professor Agasa Gadget to use as disguised

2. Kudo Yukiko, he know his mom is master in disguised and can help alot.

Conan are aware of that, while Akai don't. If Akai know of such Gadgets, disguised technique and all, he might as well come out and be able to think of such plan, even greater. As Okiya, he seems to solve the case faster than Conan, for example, the Kudo Yusaku's Cold Case, heck he even gave a hint to help Shinichi solve the case.

Furuya Rei/Amuro Tooru - Well, no need any explaination, he saw through and discover that Akai/Conan/Kir faked Akai's death by his own. Conan even need a help from Yusaku to confront him in Scarlet series, technically its 1 vs 3 (Akai, Conan, Yusaku) and guess what? He succeed and find out what he need to find - Akai is alive.

Kudo Yusaku/Heizo Hattori - They seem to be smarter than their son and a step ahead, though they lack a feat because of less appearence, but they are obviously among the smartest character.

GIN - This bastard is damn smart, he manage to beat Conan in all their encounter or shall i call it as "straight fight" ?? For example, the Itakura case, heck he seems rather supposedly stop at the last locker Conan in, but of course, thats just an assumption till now. The FBI fail to catch him, he is a smart leader in his own as shown as he give order to order agent even Vermouth about the plan and such, The Boss seems to trust him enough to handle alot of case, that must mean that he is damn smart because The Boss is also smart. They are also seems oftenly "talk" and discuss things along each other. What keep Conan save from him is just 2 thing:

1. APTX4869 - Anyone, i mean ANYONE even Kudo Shinihi himself would find it absurd that an adult can shrink and turn to be 7 years old, of course Conan accept and find it "logical" because he experienced it himself - the shrink effect.

2. Vermouth - For whatever the hell the reason

Shukichi Haneda - Lack of feat, however, he was shown to be smarter than Conan, no much can be said about him, let he appear more and show his true brain power.

RUM - Same, lack a feat too like Shukichi to put him in 1st Tier of smartest characters, but for the sake of HYPE, lets assume so. The fact that no one know "his" identity, even the BO itself must mean he is a greater threat, even greater than GIN himself. The only one who we can assume to know RUM identity is probably Ano Kata and thats it.

2. Kudo Shinichi/Conan, Heiji Hattori, Miyano Shiho, Vermouth

Kudo/Heiji - they seems to be equal at this rate, but of course people are leaning towards Conan because he is a main characters and have much more appearence, in other words much more feat for him.

Miyano Shiho - She is the reason this series is going on until now, nuff said.

Vermouth - Conan would die if not for her whatever the hell reason for not telling the drug effect to the BO. But she also seems to have an advantage beforehand that might not be count to her intelligence, that is she is aware that DEAGE is possible, she herself did not age for whatever reason, so unlike other Characters who find it impossible, absurd, and illogical, Vermouth awareness of this matter make up for her lack of "brain raw-power" compare to, say, GIN, Bourbon/Furuya, Heizo and etc

Theres alot to explain, but as for the rest, here is in my opinion about the rank(there might be some error though) :

1) Akai/Okiya, Furuya/Amuro, Kudo Yusaku, Heizo Hattori, GIN, ANO KATA, RUM, Shuukichi Haneda

2) Kudo Shinichi/Conan/Heiji

3) Miyano Shiho/Vermouth

4) Sera Masumi, Professor Agasa, Kir, Jodie Starling, James Black, Kansuke Yamato, Koumei

5) Mouri Kogoro, Eri Kisaki, Kudo Yukiko

This is it in my opinion about the smartest Characters in the series, well, doing list like this might be confusing and subjective though........ I might left out many other characters in the list considering there are too many character at this rate, so mind to point it out to me.

And for some characters, i put them in the same tiers to avoid any further freaking long explaination and confusion LOL!!

Make your own list.

• Upvote 1

I personally think it's Akai since he fooled all of the BO disguised as Okiya until Amuro found out that Akai is alive

That was Conan's plan. Moreover, it is quite obvious in the latest file that Conan is smarter than Akai as well as Bourbon.

This is my list of characters' smartness

1. Yusaku

2. Conan

3. Heiji

4. Akai, Bourbon

But I only consider known characters.

Rum and Anokata could be better than Yusaku

Here's my list, I may have left out some recurring characters though.

1) Yusaku Kudo and Heizo Hattori
2) The Gosho Boys (Conan/Shinichi, Heiji, Sagugru, Kaitou)
3) Shuichi Akai, Rei Furuya, Shukichi Haneda, Gin
4) Masumi Sera, Kansuke Yamato, Taka'aki Morofushi, Vermouth
5) Shiho Miyano, Eri Kisaki, James Black, Jodie Starling, Kir
6) Andre Camel, Juzo Megure, Ninzaburo Shiratori, Kogoro Mouri (though it occasionally fluctuates for him), Vodka

I have put multiple characters at one spot since, they are pretty much on par with each other. It's just my opinion!!

On 4/17/2016 at 5:11 PM, Bhavneet said:

That was Conan's plan. Moreover, it is quite obvious in the latest file that Conan is smarter than Akai as well as Bourbon.

Which file showed that he was smarter than Akai and Bourbon? I mean, in the Yusaku Cold Case, Akai/Subaru Okiya had to give Conan a hint to solve the case.. 

Just now, Silver Bulllet said:

It means that I'm agreeing with you

oh haha okay!! Hope Bhavneet replies lol. I'm confused haha. So in your opinion Akai is smarter than Conan ? 

3 minutes ago, haihaig said:

oh haha okay!! Hope Bhavneet replies lol. I'm confused haha. So in your opinion Akai is smarter than Conan ? 

Akai is obviously smarter than Conan, but maybe they both have the same intelligence, so I'm not really sure.

Akai is obviously smarter than Conan, but maybe they both have the same intelligence, so I'm not really sure.

ohh, but in majority of cases they seem to be on par with one another in their deductive skills, except for in Yusaku's Cold Case, where Conan was most likely flustered about Sera asking him about Shinichi that he didn't notice Sonoko saying the hint, "Ninja". But idk cuz Akai is has FBI training and is abt 10 years older than him.

Just now, haihaig said:

ohh, but in majority of cases they seem to be on par with one another in their deductive skills, except for in Yusaku's Cold Case, where Conan was most likely flustered about Sera asking him about Shinichi that he didn't notice Sonoko saying the hint, "Ninja". But idk cuz Akai is has FBI training and is abt 10 years older than him.

Tbh, I think they have the same intelligence. As you said there that they seem to be in par with one another in their deductive skills, that's also true.

Tbh, I think they have the same intelligence. As you said there that they seem to be in par with one another in their deductive skills, that's also true.

yeah, its just Akai is able to keep his calm in almost any kind of situation but shinichi gets flustered easily (esp in situations regarding his identity) , which may lead him to miss out on the important clues like he did in Yusaku's Cold Case.. thats my justification as to how Akai managed to solve that case before Conan. Whats your opinion? 

1 minute ago, haihaig said:

yeah, its just Akai is able to keep his calm in almost any kind of situation but shinichi gets flustered easily (esp in situations regarding his identity) , which may lead him to miss out on the important clues like he did in Yusaku's Cold Case.. thats my justification as to how Akai managed to solve that case before Conan. Whats your opinion? 

My opinion is that the both have the same intelligence,  but I'm not sure. Anyways time will tell.

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2016 at 5:45 AM, haihaig said:

Which file showed that he was smarter than Akai and Bourbon? I mean, in the Yusaku Cold Case, Akai/Subaru Okiya had to give Conan a hint to solve the case.. 

Man, I don't remember now. :huh: I matched the dates though and I think I was talking about The Punishment of Betrayal. Will have to re-read it to remember the exact situation though.

2 minutes ago, Bhavneet said:

Man, I don't remember now. :huh: I matched the dates though and I think I was talking about The Punishment of Betrayal. Will have to re-read it to remember the exact situation though.

haha, its okay but could you reread it? Cuz I can't find that chapter online so I have no idea what you meant by "Conan is smarter than akai as well as bourbon", and I wanna know how you came to that conclusion. Thank you so much! 

On 10/29/2016 at 5:01 PM, Bhavneet said:

Hi, have you re-read the file? Could you explain to me how its obvious that Conan is smarter than Akai and Bourbon in that file? Thank you!! And sorry for the trouble! 

Shinichi is smart mathematics, habit person and stratagy. Shiho is smart mathematics,  stratagy and body . Akai is smart mathematics,  habit person and hearthy. Ran is smart body,  fight and healthy.

On 4/17/2016 at 10:07 AM, Silver Bulllet said:

I personally think it's Akai since he fooled all of the BO disguised as Okiya until Amuro found out that Akai is alive

me too

you are saying akai and BOURBON are smarter than shinichi  but remember shinichi is just a high school student , and shinichi managed to track the organisation by himself where akai is a fbi agent and he infiltrated it. shinichi is obviously smarter than akai and BOURBON

On 21/4/2016 at 5:04 PM, Bhavneet said:

Here's my list, I may have left out some recurring characters though.

1) Yusaku Kudo and Heizo Hattori
2) The Gosho Boys (Conan/Shinichi, Heiji, Sagugru, Kaitou)
3) Shuichi Akai, Rei Furuya, Shukichi Haneda, Gin
4) Masumi Sera, Kansuke Yamato, Taka'aki Morofushi, Vermouth
5) Shiho Miyano, Eri Kisaki, James Black, Jodie Starling, Kir
6) Andre Camel, Juzo Megure, Ninzaburo Shiratori, Kogoro Mouri (though it occasionally fluctuates for him), Vodka

I have put multiple characters at one spot since, they are pretty much on par with each other. It's just my opinion!!

I totally agree with this list. Actually, I would say that right now the Gosho Boys and the 3rd group of men are kinda tie, but we need to take into account that the 3rd group is made up of older men than the Boys. This means that all of them have had way more experience in deducting and strategy things. Plus, all of them (except for Shukichi) are actually professionals related to the crime (some committing it, some solving it, some both). So this makes me think that if the best professionals of the crime field (including police), that have a lot of experience and high-level training, are in a tie with one or two high-schoolers, it seems very clear that the high-schoolers will be much better than them very soon!

Here's is my top 5:

1) Yusaku Kudo - He is obviously smarter and one step ahead of Shinichi even via telephone. And he's the one who discovered the big truth about the BO.

2) Heizo Hattori - The same as Yusaku but with Heiji instead. But he hasn't showed the skills of Yusaku IMO.

3) Conan/Shinichi - Come on, he's just a high school student and does not have the infiltration training, abilities and help of the FBI just like Akai.

4) Shuichi Akai - He is Conan but with +10 years and FBI training.

5) Kaito Kid - This guy is unbelievable. He doesn't has Conan's deduction skill, but he is able to make difficult tricks and robberies that need Conan & Heiji best performance.