Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 945-947 Shuukichi's Envelope Case

THIS THREAD is used to discuss about SPOILERSIn other words, if you only read the English version and wish to wait for the full release instead of getting spoiled, this is NOT the right place for you!

RULES OF THE SPOILER-ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD:

1. Any kind of spoiler involving the case (pictures, texts, information, full scans...) of any language that is released before the English version must be posted HEREThe English translations of the spoilers must also be posted here.

2. Any kind of discussion involving the spoilers must be posted HERE.

3. Despite being a spoiler-only thread, EVERY spoiler and discussion involving events that have not happened in the English releases STILL has to be put inside Spoiler boxes. When the file in question is fully released in English, this is not necessary anymore.

4. NO DIRECT LINK to any Japanese scans (RAWs) or English scans (Japanese spoiler pictures are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very far away from a full scan, like the ones we usually have).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

Text you want to write

Or more manually:

Step 1: Click the "Special BBCode" icon at the upper-left side of the edit toolbar.
Untitled-1_zps5a0dae75.png

Step 2: In BBCode, select "Spoiler".
Spoiler_zpsc5764e29.jpg

Step 3: Enter the text that you want to put inside Spoiler boxes, then click OK.

Text_zps4958fb14.jpg

Text Spoilers Japanese

FILE945 意地悪なおじいさん(扉画:コナンの背後に工藤新一の名前だけ書かれた婚姻届) 

由美と美和子が非番を満喫していると 
街頭テレビのニュースで、秀吉が7冠防衛最終戦に臨む記事 
由美は秀吉がそんな人とは今まで全く思わず 
7つ揃ったら開けてくれ、と言われた意味も分からなければ 
渡された封筒もファッション誌の栞にしてまとめて捨ててた 

2人でゴミ置き場に行くが回収ずみ 
秀吉の性格から、また書いてもらえば?という訳にもいかず 
困っていると探偵団が通りすがる 
今日は資源ごみの日じゃないみたいだから 
管理人さんが仕分けてくれたかも、とコナンが言うので 
由美の家の前へ行くと雑誌の束が返されてる 
紐をほどいて探すが封書は見つからず 
光彦が何探してるの?と由美に尋ねると「一億円よ!!!」とえらい剣幕 
美和子が「何か大切な封筒」と言うと哀は「婚姻届が入った例の封筒ね…」 
気づいてなかったのは由美だけだった様子 

管理人に会いに行くと、彼は由美を茶々と呼び好ましく思ってない様子 
「太閤を骨抜きにする毒婦に相違なかろう!」 
秀吉が中学生だったころ、管理人は負かしてやろうと挑んで返り討ちに遭い 
それ以来秀吉のファンになり応援していた 
封筒の中身は管理人がスマホで撮ってある ごみだから構わんじゃろ? 
今回の防衛戦で3勝3敗、それも婚約の返事が来ず士気が上がらないと聞き 
由美に対する感情はかなり悪い 

由美の想いが本物なら、覚悟を見せてみろ!とばかりに 
管理人は意地悪な仕掛けを用意していた 
コナンが管理人のノートパソコンを起動すると、1発勝負のパスワード入力画面 
という訳で、一同総出で部屋を漁ると… 
■元太が見つけたこの紙に描かれているのは…何かの暗号? ■第8号につづく■

Spimer's translation of Text spoilers

Title: Unkind mister
Cover image: A marriage registration with only Kudo Shinichi's name written on it behind Conan

. Yumi and Naeko off-duty day. On street TV article it says Shuukichi is going to face the last battle to defend the 7 crowns
. Yumi realizes she hadn't thought of Shuukichi like that, realizes the meaning of "once I've got the 7" and recalls that the envolope was used by her as
a bookmark in a fashion magazine which she threw
. They go to the garbage spot but it's already been collected: knowing Shuukichi's personality she can't possibly ask for him to write it again
. DBs show up: Conan says that today doesn't seem to be recyclable waste day so maybe the manager's sorted it out
. They go to Yumi's house and find a bundle of magazines that have been returned: they go over them but they can't find the envelope
. Mitsuhiko asks what she's looking for and she rather replies in a rather threatening manner "100 million Yen!"
. Since Yumi had said "some kind of important envelope" then Haibara says "That famed envelope with the marriage registration on it": it looks Yumi's the only one who hasn't noticed what the envelope is about
. Yumi goes to speak with the manager who doesn't seem to call her "Chacha" because he likes it 
. "I'm sure you're an evil woman who'll water down the Taiko (Meijin)!" 
. Back when Shuukichi was a middle-school student, the manager tried to challenge him to defeat him but he got defeated instead
. Afterwards he became a fan and encouraged Shuukichi
. He took a photo of what was inside the envolope with his smartphone because he assumed Yumi wouldn't care: it was in the garbage, after all
. Shuukichi's now at 3 wins 3 loses: a reply to his engagement hasn't come yet and his morale doesn't increase or they get told
. Shuukichi's currently annoyed at Yumi 
. Turns out the manager set up an unkind trap by constantly saying "If what Yumi thinks of you is true then she has to show it to you" to Shuukichi.
. Conan turns out the manager's PC he gets asked a password and can only get wrong 1 time
. So they (maybe he and the DBs?) begin to rummage the room...
Side-note: Genta's found a paper with something written on it: some kind of code? 
To be continued in Issue #8

http://nagarebosihosihosi.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-217.html

Images from the chapter (cut up images, not full raw)

This is looking to be a fairly enjoyable chapter, can always dig some Yumi and Sato  :P

No slightest idea what to make of the code at the end of the file though.

Agreed.  ^_^

And you got that right about the code.  :o

If I had to guess, they'll either have to rearrange the various parts to form characters, or perhaps this pattern is linked to something—Shogi is probably involved.

gosho has caught the love-bug

doesnt he have to introduce RUM before the movie

yeah yeah, the movie is still 4 months away

but i need story progress from the plots POV

Depends on "how" the movie intends to show Rum I guess.

Maybe Rum will show up in this file  :rolleyes:

The code is probably one of those paper puzzles where most of it is gibberish that hides the real letters.
There are a few different types.

One you fold the paper up a certain way to line up the split letters (but I don't think this is it because the paper shows no creasing)
There is a second type which needs a small mirror which when placed in a certain spot spells the letters out using the reflection. I don't think it is this type either because those puzzles work best with clean straight lines.
The third type involves a mask. By placing the mask on top of the paper, the places where you can see through reveal the message. This can be another piece of paper with holes cut in it, or other items (like shogi pieces) placed on the paper a certain way. I think this is the most likely.

I can't help but noticing that there are two pairs of marks a "| |" and a ᴧ that touch the edges of the paper. Those may be alignment marks for the corners of the mask.

If it is the third type, the mask is probably hidden in the man's bedroom. It's very tidy, so there aren't too many places to look. I'd try the shogi pieces box first.

The code is probably one of those paper puzzles where most of it is gibberish that hides the real letters.

There are a few different types.

One you fold the paper up a certain way to line up the split letters (but I don't think this is it because the paper shows no creasing)

There is a second type which needs a small mirror which when placed in a certain spot spells the letters out using the reflection. I don't think it is this type either because those puzzles work best with clean straight lines.

The third type involves a mask. By placing the mask on top of the paper, the places where you can see through reveal the message. This can be another piece of paper with holes cut in it, or other items (like shogi pieces) placed on the paper a certain way. I think this is the most likely.

I can't help but noticing that there are two pairs of marks a "| |" and a ᴧ that touch the edges of the paper. Those may be alignment marks for the corners of the mask.

If it is the third type, the mask is probably hidden in the man's bedroom. It's very tidy, so there aren't too many places to look. I'd try the shogi pieces box first.

You did not disappoint.  ^_^

In any case, we'll have to wait two weeks for an answer.

Here is my cleaned undistorted, rotated version of the code panel for your solving convenience. It's not perfectly square, but it's close enough for most needs.

64utZeT.png

It may be that the solution is not too complicated.

There are single English letter abbreviations for the eight basic Shogi pieces.

King.............K   
Rook.............R  
Bishop...........B   
Gold General.....G   
Silver General...S  
Knight...........N   
Lance............L   
Pawn.............P  

There is some scribble which resembles each one of these English letters on the paper. The two purple Ps are meant to account for whether Gosho can put the loop on the correct side or not. It's a common problem for non-native writers. There is also another decent small K on the far upper left I didn't mark in red.

LYT82Fb.png?1

I assume then there is a corresponding piece of paper with holes cut in it that blocks out everything but the letter part of the scribbes. Signs of cutting with an exacto knife should be on the desk (and the knife too). It may even be possible to replicate the mask paper if was done with a pad of paper as the backing. The paper scraps from the cutting might have gone out with the garbage, but they may still be in the wastebin.

Take this solution with a grain of salt because it's really easy to find patterns that aren't there.

Hey all ^^ Here after a long time!

So what is the code for? Is it for the password of the PC? If so why isn't the old guy logging into it, or is the PC not his?

Oh and btw what does this poster say?

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/w%3D580/sign=fbea07c671094b36db921be593cc7c00/fe4ad11373f0820290e868264cfbfbedab641bb6.jpg

All I can read is "meitantei conan vs kuro zukume no soshiki part 2" :P

Happy 20th Anniversary to DC anime btw! ^^

Edit:

Wow nice work by Chek! I also see quite a few hiragana such as ra, ku, to, and such and also a few numbers such as 1, 2, 3, etc. If it is a password to keep it simple maybe they will limit it to English Alphabets and numbers :)

Edit 2:

I think the little squares underneath some of the letters Chek pointed might mean something, such as connecting them with lines in order of which letter they are under. Also I believe the "wrong" P might be better used as an L.

Your link is a 404.

It's the password for the PC; there is only one try. The old guy made a photo of the content of the envelope that Shuukichi gave to Yumi (which she threw away before she realized Shuukichi's real identity). He doesn't like Yumi, because he is a fan of Shuukichi and thinks she is a bad influence on him or something, so he wants her to figure out the code for the PC password, to prove herself worthy or something.

Oh and btw what does this poster say?

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/w%3D580/sign=fbea07c671094b36db921be593cc7c00/fe4ad11373f0820290e868264cfbfbedab641bb6.jpg

All I can read is "meitantei conan vs kuro zukume no soshiki part 2" :P

Yor link goes to a 404 error page

Does it look like this??

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/File:Kurozukume_Complete_2.jpg

If so then see this other thread

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/forum/topic/5920-detective-conan-vs-the-black-organization-omnibus-volume-2/

Oops I guess there was a problem with the link, the poster I was talking about is the one you find in the raw links right after the last panel in black and white :)

That one seems similar, I will have a look at it too!

It's the password for the PC; there is only one try. The old guy made a photo of the content of the envelope that Shuukichi gave to Yumi (which she threw away before she realized Shuukichi's real identity). He doesn't like Yumi, because he is a fan of Shuukichi and thinks she is a bad influence on him or something, so he wants her to figure out the code for the PC password, to prove herself worthy or something.

Lol what a jerk he is :P  Thanks btw!

Oops I guess there was a problem with the link, the poster I was talking about is the one you find in the raw links right after the last panel in black and white :)

That one seems similar, I will have a look at it too!

http://i.imgur.com/dU8GLtE.jpg

This ?

Its literally a ad page for the same book that I linked the cover to above

Its a collection of chapters from 622-800 covering the intro of Subaru, Masumi, Scar Akai, and Amuro

The book ends at the end of Detectives Nocturne. 

Yes that one! :)

Yup I figured it would be the same because your link looked very similar, was expecting it to be something about the movie initially.

Btw I wonder what the password might consist of. It might simply be English alphabets and numbers, but very often your password must have both upper and lower cases or special characters, so it seems a quite complicated.

Oh and for a side question, does anyone know when the 2nd trailer for movie 20 is expected? The first one simply seemed like a picture slideshow with voice actors speaking random stuff lol.

King.............K   
Rook.............R  
Bishop...........B   
Gold General.....G   
Silver General...S  
Knight...........N   
Lance............L   
Pawn.............P  
There is some scribble which resembles each one of these English letters on the paper. The two purple Ps are meant to account for whether Gosho can put the loop on the correct side or not. It's a common problem for non-native writers. There is also another decent small K on the far upper left I didn't mark in red.

LYT82Fb.png?1

I assume then there is a corresponding piece of paper with holes cut in it that blocks out everything but the letter part of the scribbes. Signs of cutting with an exacto knife should be on the desk (and the knife too). It may even be possible to replicate the mask paper if was done with a pad of paper as the backing. The paper scraps from the cutting might have gone out with the garbage, but they may still be in the wastebin.

Take this solution with a grain of salt because it's really easy to find patterns that aren't there.

I see, yes it would be quite convenient indeed if there happens to be something like a mask that would simply point out the password.

About your very last sentence, after a while I realized the same... even though we can find patterns like the ones you found with Shogi piece alphabets, if you look into it you would probably be able to find almost all of the English alphabets... also maybe English might not be involved at all for all we know.

Edit:

Oops, mistakenly made a double post! Someone please help me fix it :)

I think the symbols might be"shorthand". It's a system of writing designed to be fast. The symbols are similar.

And then, the calendar. The calendar in the room shows the month of march, but the case before Chiba said than it happened three months after august. So it can't be march. Maybe it has something to do with the code.

And then, the calendar. The calendar in the room shows the month of march, but the case before Chiba said than it happened three months after august. So it can't be march. Maybe it has something to do with the code.

DC is a 22-year series—thus, the timeline (which Gosho probably doesn't think about too often) is shot to all heck. I don't see him connecting this case to the previous one, anyway.

To be fair, I do think think the calendar likely has some significance to the case. Gosho has for a long time been matching his cases to the real world timeline of when they are published in Shounen Sunday.** It's most obvious with the seasons and holidays; it is winter in the manga when it is winter in real life. However the timing match also carries over even to specific dates outside of holidays. Eri's Misfortune Case happened around her October 5th birthday. The calendar in this case is off by 2 months which is definitely unexpected given Gosho's past habits. If it is related, it is very likely someone will mention the calendar explicitly in the next chapter because a reference point has to be set for the Volume to make sense. If for any reason, the in-manga date or a date relative to the calendar is mentioned, that will surely mean the calendar is a clue.

**That is not to say the progression of time in manga matches real world time, only that events in manga link up to real world timing. Less that a year has passed since Conan shrank in canonical time. A floating timeline has an obvious mismatch between the apparent progression of time and the canon progression of time.

To be fair, I do think think the calendar likely has some significance to the case. Gosho has for a long time been matching his cases to the real world timeline of when they are published in Shounen Sunday.** It's most obvious with the seasons and holidays; it is winter in the manga when it is winter in real life. However the timing match also carries over even to specific dates outside of holidays. Eri's Misfortune Case happened around her October 5th birthday. The calendar in this case is off by 2 months which is definitely unexpected given Gosho's past habits. If it is related, it is very likely someone will mention the calendar explicitly in the next chapter because a reference point has to be set for the Volume to make sense. If for any reason, the in-manga date or a date relative to the calendar is mentioned, that will surely mean the calendar is a clue.

If I recall correctly, the case with Itakura and Shinichi's/Conan's attempt to capture Vodka explicitly took place in February, and part of that case, indeed, came out in February of 2002. So, yes, Gosho does adhere to real world seasons as they come and go.

I suppose, then, if this calendar was shown to us to hint it's importance in subsequent files of the case, it would play a role in helping them solve the code sheet and getting the password.

Still, Gosho actually answered the question of how long it had been since File 1 with the case that came out during the 20th anniversary (Aquarium Case, December 2013–January 2014), so at least that was in his mind. It's not like he ever needed to answer the question in the first place, after all. Even once the end of the manga is reached, cases would have to be cut, weather would have to be changed and all mentions of specific months and dates would need to be shifted/removed (keeping the relevance of the latter two to certain cases in mind for cases that are affected by the weather and months/dates) for a coherent timeline to even begin to be established... and we'd have to do it—I'd say it's 99.9% probable that Gosho has no intent of retconning and rearranging things for the sake of a timeline, once he finally finishes DC.

So in the first image, it definitely looks like the name Akai could be written in the parents slot

however in the second image, there are two Haneda names, who could they be ?

IS THIS BIG ENOUGH??

pOySptn.jpg

z7QzjJL.jpg

You can refer to the bigger images above for better quality,

The person who wrote these names has slanted handwriting

Both the text that looks like Akai, and the text that looks like Haneda are slanted slightly. 

3PE9IO6.jpg