Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Spoken Languages

I would like to start off a topicth_098_.gif... for we, DCW members to tell each other 233cd70a.gif what kind of laguages we know and understand or are capable of th_096_K.gif.

So what languages do all of you speak... and are capable of?

Haha! And tell us how you have learned the language and how you had become influent in it f529a952.gif...

Okay, I'll start first 044.gif.

Indonesia: Since I've been to Indonesia when I was a kid, I had lived there for about a couple of years. I went to nursery and grade one there th_103_.gif.

• School, friends, family, neighbor, etc.

Arabic: I had to go there for family business,th_085_.gif. From there I went to grade one again, and with friends and school, I've come to know the language.

• Native friends.
  • School.

English: I was born in England... I was small there so I don't remember anyhting. I learned English from various occasions:

• My parents speak to each other in English.
  • School and friends.
  • Too much reading booksth_096_K.gif!
  • Associating.

Japanese: Well, I'm studying Japanese f529a952.gif... so it's still in progress... but I can speak and understand some. I learn Japanese fromth_114_.gif:

• Anime and manga (obviously).
  • I have a neighbor who is actually Japanese. She wanted me to teach her Arabic and in exchange she teaches me Japanese. So yes... I had some lessons with her. Although she is not a very good teacher, I learned a lot from her! I ask her on occasions when I don't understand something, and she explains them pretty good. But she has become very busy lately, so I hadn't the chance to study with her anymore... and so, I study by myself once again 1b38f9e2.gif.
  • I learn by myself most of the time, though. Yes, from websites, especially that from Tim Akamatsu, Japanese About, Japanesepod101, etc.

That's it for me! And I know how to write and read all of the following languages 70bff581.gif(except most of the kanji [in Japanese language]4fd9f2d3.gif)~

• Upvote 2

ok for me:

english of course is my first and main language, born and raised in the USA

my second language, of course, is SARCASM! learned from my dad... he likes to joke around and use sarcasm a lot, so of course i naturally picked it up -.-

ok another language... latin: I can't say I'm fluent, and i can def say i hated it... but i knew an ok amount, but i forgot most of the vocab... hehe... i took latin from 7th grade to 9th grade...

now i'm in the midst of learning ASL 1 in school...

another thing, i'm starting to self teach myself japanese.... not very good since i don't have much time to practice, but i'm thinking of doing an exchange summer to japan so i want to learn! well... either way i want to learn, but this is one of the reasons!

so yeah, that's basically it for now... i'm not learning chinese or french from my parents (no point)

Indonesian : I am born in Indonesia and have been living here till now.

English: I have been in an international school since toddler.

Chinese: My grandpop is from China. Though, he passed away 3 years before I came to this world. My dad also went to university at Taiwan.

Japanese: I can only understand the Kanji as they are similar o Chinese. Nothing else. No Hwtv or anything.

Hokien, chaozhou hua (chinese dialects): I understand both as my parents, uncles, aunts and grandma uses them to talk. I never really learned actually.

Philippine dialect(Visaya/Bisaya): I grew in the southern part of the Philippines, which speaks a different dialect than our national language.

Tagalog: I learned it at school since 1st grade because it's our national language. I speak it when I visit my relatives in the northern part of the Philippines who also speak Tagalog.

English: Also learned at school since Kindergarten. Used to communicate with foreign people because it's the universal language.

German: This is how people speak in the German speaking part of Switzerland, so I'm currently learning it. I know how to speak High German, but not the Swiss German(dialect).

French: It also has to be learned at school here. I've taken classes, learned a couple of words & sentences, & I have books I read to study French, however I don't have time to study it nowadays for I have to focus on my German first.

Although, I'm wishing I knew how to speak Japanese. :)

Arabic : My main and first language . I born in Jordan and still living there :)

English : All of the schools here teach English , specially mine , they concentrate on English & British language. Also most of my cousins live in USA (:

French : I learn it in School . I did actually the first level of french the " A1 " while the next levels are coming soon :P

German : I know a few words , But i really have to learn it one day 'cause i want to work there (: In fact My uncle lives there

as for me.. its:

Arabic : its my main language since i come from palestine though i travelled alot and learnt abt many cultures and languages i still used arabic as my main and first language.

English : learnt at school since K.G., from reading books watching news in english watching movies and anime sub.ed in english. also, all my uncles studied in london.. my dad travells to USA every 2 , 3 months so.. we use english language most of the time.

French: also learning it at school since 1st grade and reading some SHORT stories in french language..

spainish: not really counted as a language i actually started learning spainsh language last year from my frnd (she lived in spain for 11 years) but i suddenly stopped :(

Japanese: first and best source anime and mangaaa!! :D but my english teacher studied languages major english and minor japanese and German (i think) i used to sit with her and she used to teach me .. now i continued self studying it at home over the internet so..yeah thats how it goes..

thats all what i've learnt so far :)

English: I have been living in the US since 1994, when I was not yet 6.

Chinese (Mandarin): My parents' native language.

Spanish: I studied this language in middle school and high school. Although I could probably make myself understood online in this language, I would still need an interpreter if I were to carry on a conversation in this language.

English: I have been living in the US since 1994, when I was not yet 6.

Chinese (Mandarin): My parents' native language.

Spanish: I studied this language in middle school and high school. Although I could probably make myself understood online in this language, I would still need an interpreter if I were to carry on a conversation in this language.

So you are 22 years old? COOL!

Filipino: Of course, I was born and have been living in the Philippines.

English: This was taught to us since elementary until high school. Right now in college, I already took my 3 English subjects and 1 more to go. Also, we were colonized by the Americans for over 40 years.

Japanese: I already know some words thru watching English-subbed episodes of DC, Ranma 1/2, Rave Groove Adventure, You're Under Arrest 2, and Samurai X (Except for DC, I watched them on AXN years ago.), but I know I still have a lot more to go before I could say that I could speak and write Japanese.

Edited by Monsi

English (correct level) and French.

I have also studied spanish a little in school but it didn't turn out well, and unfortunately all I can only understand it (approximatively) when I read it.

Wow, some of you guys know so many languages :blink:

English- Born and living in Australia

Vietnamese- My parents are vietnamese

French- I learn it at school, so I can understand a little bit.

If you are interested (or someone else), I can speak in french in a discussion in Private Messages if that can help.

So... which country are you staying at which makes you able to speak in El and France?

So... which country are you staying at which makes you able to speak in El and France?

I'm french and I live in France. But I'm not bilingual, I have a correct level in English but I try to improve it.

I'm french and I live in France. But I'm not bilingual, I have a correct level in English but I try to improve it.

don't worry, you're english is fine ^-^

my first language is American English... but I've also studied a little French and Hebrew, and am trying to pick up some Japanese

haha, one thing mostof us have in common (other than english obviously) most of us want to learn japanese or know japanese 06.gif i'm starting off with hiragana and i now know all (i think) of the hiragana so i'm proud of myself ^-^

haha, one thing mostof us have in common (other than english obviously) most of us want to learn japanese or know japanese 06.gif i'm starting off with hiragana and i now know all (i think) of the hiragana so i'm proud of myself ^-^

Woooo! Awesome! Congratulations or that!

English- born in Canada

French- learn it from school

Spanish- when i was in grade 3(2007) dad&me move to L.A(U.S.A) he force me to take Spanish then i learn it from school

French again- Move back to Canada to mom- she force me to take French again

So tired have ta learn 3 language

Vietnamese- My parents are Vietnamese (My mom only)

English- born in Canada

French- learn it from school

Spanish- when i was in grade 3(2007) dad&me move to L.A(U.S.A) he force me to take Spanish then i learn it from school

French again- Move back to Canada to mom- she force me to take French again

So tired have ta learn 3 language

Vietnamese- My parents are Vietnamese (My mom only)

So, you are in Grade 6 now?