Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Spoken Languages

Philippine Dialect (Kapampangan) - Well, it's my ancestors' dialect and they talk to me in Kapampangan always.

Tagalog - Well, yeah. Since I'm a Filipino. We study it on our school.

Latin - I can understand and speak in Latin since I studied Latin during 7th and 8th grade. XD

English - LOL. :))

Some Japanese and Korean

English: been learning for 6 years now

German: 4 years, I'm ok but not exactly great.

French: live in France, always lived in France :)

Japanese: I've been trying to learn for a few years, but seeing as I'm learning on my own, not with a teacher or lessons... I can only say/understand a few sentences, and read kanas (though what's the point when you don't understand what you read xD) and a dozen kanji

Portuguese: I don't speak any, but I would like to so I can enjoy more of Rio for WYD in 2013.

I can speak a little of many languages but the language I can speak really fluently would be English. I can speak Tamil but not so good as English :)

I can understand Swedish.

I have learned many languages at school.

(English is not my native language :D )

~English (Been speaking it since forever)

~Chinese (Can speak, just not good at studying for it XD)

~Japanese (Can read hiragana, katakana, a bit of kanji because of chinese and I can write basic sentences but find it a bit confusing to read some sentences XD)

~Cantonese (Can only understand a little)

Alrighty,

English-- I live in America. Been living here since I was 1 and 1/2. I know Standard American English but living where I do, I've also mastered slang--pretty much I guess

Bengali-- I'm from Bangladesh, I was born there. But I speak only the Sylheti dialect, although I can understand Shuddo-basha (the official dialect) because of TV and whatnot. Plus I've had neighbors from Dhaka and stuffs.

I ca understand bits of Japanese as well, because I happen to be a Japanophile. I can understand Urdu and Hindi, but I can't speak it at all.

I have yet to come across any Bangladeshi or Bengali-speaking members on this site.

1. English - I live in the U.S.

2. Japanese - I'm a Japanese American and I went to Japanese school

3. Spanish - I take it in school

4. Korean - My friends teach me and I teach them Japanese

I can read, write and speak a little in all languages

:)

I guess I didn't post here huh? :V

~2 Mystery Languages you don't really have to know :V ( My Mother Tongue & The Launguage of my country.

~English ( Both Vocublary & Grammar is not so perfect, but I can speak fluently. )

~Japanese.

I know english because when I was a little girl my older brother teach me how to write, read and talk :) ( and I have family in america)

And I know french because i have family in france, and I wanted to talk with them, then i learned how to talk.

I do know Creole, do you know what that means? Well, my father, uncles, aunties, grandpa and grandma are from cape vert, there they talk or portuguese, or creole :). Oh, and btw, I'm from Portugal, so I talk portuguese too >.<.

And with the Japanese... i know a few things, but I'm still learning ;)

Arabic: my main language. I'm Syrian

English: we learn it here since grade 1. I study in an American University so I'm very fluent in English.

Some Japanese words: from Anime and Manga

I speak and understand English, of course, and Danish too, since I live and grew up in Denmark (although I was born in the Faroe Islands..). My mother is half Faroese, half Icelandic, so therefore I understand Faroese very well, because my mother speaks it all the time, and then I understand a little bit of Icelandic, although not as much as Faroese... But I can't really speak any of those, only understand... Anyway, I understand most/some Norwegian and Swedish, since they're quite similar to Danish, and I also know and understand some German. German and Danish are also a bit similar..

• Upvote 1

English: First language. Reading and speaking since the age of 3. (Born in the US)

German: Mostly spoken casually around the house. Bits and pieces spoken commonly instead of the English equivalent. (Learned from father, German heritage through Great Grandparents who moved to America)

Spanish: Learning in school as a 'Foreign Language' Requirement, since Japanese, Chinese, and German weren't available and I enjoy speaking it. (In my second year of class, 8th and 12th grade xD, but i pick up this one quickly, so hopefully I'll become fluent within another year)

Japanese: Dropped into everyday conversation or used when bored. After German, the one used to say thank you most often during Spanish class. (I always speak in the wrong language _ _") Picked up from Manga and Anime, through studying the way it's spoken in dramas and anime, reading several books and instructional books, Aikido class, and a lot of Jap. subtitle reading.

xD

Korean: Just counting and a few basic words learned from Tae Kwon Do. Planning on studying this and Chinese after my other languages are completed. May take a while considering I want to be able to speak so many... (Almost anything but French xD)

(I always speak in the wrong language _ _")

ME TOO!!!

Hm... did I post here? I don't remember. Anyway:

-Arabic: first language, taught mainly by parents at home.

-English: second language, mainly taught through school, and since I lived in an English-speaking country for a while.

-French: I can't fully SPEAK it, but I can express simple thoughts and convey concepts after having to study it for a few years, I guess.

This topic is still hot?

Well, it's so ashamed that i can only know Vietnamese fluent, which is my mother tongue . English is not so good though i've learnt so many years....huhuhuhu.......  ((  TTTT ________ TTTT  ))      :(((((((((

As for me, My native tongue is Filipino, my second language is English. During my crazy KPOP days, I studied both Korean and Japanese. That was around 2009. Self studied Korean and studied Japanese formally (in a school somewhere out there) and I eventually reached level 2. But a year and a half after, right before I reach level 3, I have to quit formal nihongo lessons so in the end I was left to self study both language. But I focused more on hangul (because of KPOP) so I can pretty much read and write hangul with ease. As for nihongo, I pretty much suck at writing kanji. But I can read a little bit of it. Not all of course. After all, I quit formal lessons, right? So yeah.... (sorry for the very detailed explanation)

English is my first language, I learned American Sign Language, and I somewhat understand Japanese when listening to it (due to avid anime watching for ten years).