Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Spoken Languages

Well...I speak Romanian, English, French and I bought a book that would help me learning Japanese, but after I opened it, I couldn't find it anymore xD

i know a few.

1. Malay
    i live in Malaysia so it's like the language there
  2. English
    i'm not sure how'd i become so good in English. but i guess i really spoke English a lot when i'm little
  3. Japanese
    still learning. and learn from anime :mrgreen:
  4. Arabic
    still learning. i learned it in school
  5. Cat?
    just kiddingc13.gif

Hmm...

1. English

2. Chinese (decent enough to survive in China, if that counts as anything)

3. Spanish (learning)

4. Japanese (...a little. Just a little)

Those are the ones I'm learning/teaching myself/know. I also want to learn Korean, Latin, and French.

Wow! Most of you guys know many languages.. as for me, i only know English (since it's a must-learn subject in school) and Malay because I was born in Malaysia.. I hope to learn Japanese but *sigh* it's no hope.. As I learn new word, I forget another which i have learned before.. :|

Wow! Most of you guys know many languages.. as for me, i only know English (since it's a must-learn subject in school) and Malay because I was born in Malaysia.. I hope to learn Japanese but *sigh* it's no hope.. As I learn new word, I forget another which i have learned before.. :|

oh... if that's your problem, just write the romanji and the meaning in a book.

like this : oyasumi ~> good night/kuniciwa ~> hi

that way you can remember all the words you learnt.

I know ..

Vietnamese : First language, I don't really have a large vocabulary, but enough to communicate.

English: Second language, speaking it since I started school, I'm fluent, no accent either.

Spanish: Required to learn in school. Not too shabby in it.

French: Also required, currently learning. I don't like spelling in this language, hard stuff.

Japanese: Mostly just a few words. Learned through anime/manga and such.

Wow,there's a lot of people who speak Spanish ^^

1 - Spanish ( my 1st language)

2- Catalán ( my 2nd language)

3 - English ( I always had an A+ )

4 - German (learning at school)

5 - French (My friend teaches me)

7 - Filipino (My mum is Phil/Spanish)

8 - Japanese ( Random words in DC)

Wow,there's a lot of people who speak Spanish ^^

1 - Spanish ( my 1st language)

2- Catalán ( my 2nd language)

3 - English ( I always had an A+ )

4 - German (learning at school)

5 - French (My friend teaches me)

7 - Filipino (My mum is Phil/Spanish)

8 - Japanese ( Random words in DC)

Come and join us in the Spanish forum! We need more native speakers :P

Not many people speak French here D: Nice to see one ;)

Well, the topic is spoken laguages, right? Cause I see lots of people who know some words in 'x' language and they include them in the list.

I think that you speak a language when you can communicate and writte (even if it's not perfect). BUT NOT SOME WORDS. I mean, I can sing happy birthday in, at least, 10 languages, but I don't speak them. Even if I do have some notions. I can say 'I love you' in 8, and I don't speak them neither. Say you are learning them, but don't say you speak them.

I've been learning German for 7 years, and I'm still not fluent at all, so I just say I'm learning it, but I don't speak it.

My intention is not no offend anyone, it's just that I'm into languages since I'm little, and I know the enormous effort that you must do if you really wanna get it. Random words it's not even a level (:

That's quite all. I just wanted to enphatise this point ^^.

Well, the topic is spoken laguages, right? Cause I see lots of people who know some words in 'x' language and they include them in the list.

I think that you speak a language when you can communicate and writte (even if it's not perfect). BUT NOT SOME WORDS. I mean, I can sing happy birthday in, at least, 10 languages, but I don't speak them. Even if I do have some notions. I can say 'I love you' in 8, and I don't speak them neither. Say you are learning them, but don't say you speak them.

I've been learning German for 7 years, and I'm still not fluent at all, so I just say I'm learning it, but I don't speak it.

My intention is not no offend anyone, it's just that I'm into languages since I'm little, and I know the enormous effort that you must do if you really wanna get it. Random words it's not even a level (:

That's quite all. I just wanted to enphatise this point ^^.

I totally agree with this... :) I can say thank you in more than 10 languages so... :blink:

But whatever, they do mention that they learn it... :P

Yeah, I know they sometimes mention it, but they list them as they do for a language that they speak fluently. I think (if my memory doesn't fail me), that there's already anorther topic for the languages you learn (anyway, I'm not 100% sure). So, in that way, you're right :P.

The other thing is that learning them and knowing random words are two different concepts. As I said, I know how to say happy birthday in 10 languages, but I do not learn them.

Argh, I'm beeing really repetitive, but I just needed to get it off my mind. Duh. D: Sorry for this reaaaallly boooring speech.

Yeah, I know they sometimes mention it, but they list them as they do for a language that they speak fluently. I think (if my memory doesn't fail me), that there's already anorther topic for the languages you learn (anyway, I'm not 100% sure). In that way, you're right :P.

I can't find the topic for languages you learn if there is one. Is it in the language or chat section?

The other thing is that learning them and knowing random words are two different concepts. As I said, I know how to say happy birthday in 10 languages, but I do not learn them.

Argh, I'm beeing really repetitive, but I just needed to get it off my mind. Duh. D: Sorry for this reaaaallly boooring speech.

Yes, that's very true. I also know some random veitnamese and german (and probably other languages too but I can't think of anymore at the moment) words so all combined I would have a list of at least ten languages :P

Maybe it's just on my mind xDDDDDDDD.

Maybe :P

1. Tagalog - I was born in the Philippines
2. English
3. Korean - I can read and write Hangul; but I don't understand Korean that much. I can speak basic Korean, though.
4. Spanish - I used to speak Spanish for my previous job. XD

1. Filipino - I was born in the Philippines

2. English

3. Korean - I can read and write Hangul; but I don't understand Korean that much. I can speak basic Korean, though.

4. Spanish - I used to speak Spanish for my previous job. XD

kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!were the same..

Weeelll

Here we go.

Languages I'm fluent in.

American English (Not the accent, just, yeah, you get what I mean.) - I was born in Taiwan and English IS one of the most important languages besides Mandarin, Tradition Chinese (Writing) and Taiwanese

Australian English - I've been in Australia since 2007.....

Traditional Chinese/ Mandarin - I did SORT OF spend the first 7 years of my life in Taiwan.

Languages I'm learning/ I've learnt but forgotten

French - School, learnt it from 2007- present.

Spanish - I learnt it when I was little because I have Family friends that live in Spain

Taiwanese - Well... does this REALLY need explaining?

And lastly~ Also the most obvious~

JAPANESE!! Woo!

If you really want to know:

English

Malay

Mandarin- as in mean Singaporean Chinese. :P

Russian- I learned it when I realised that Rin likes writing her diary in Russian. :lol:

Nothing much right? My cousin can do more. <_<

If you really want to know:

English

Malay

Mandarin- as in mean Singaporean Chinese. :P

Russian- I learned it when I realised that Rin likes writing her diary in Russian. :lol:

Nothing much right? My cousin can do more. <_<

So? I can speak Finnish, English and Swedish. Both are compulsory at school. But you know more that I do