Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Metantei Kiddo

DCW Secret Santa 2015

DCW Secret Santa 2015

I know this is late but since it seems like Moho won't be organizing the Secret Santa this year.  I'll be taking charge of this year's Secret Santa.

So yup, it's the time of the year again for Secret Santa :D (Yup, it's super late. I know. It should have been a month earlier but gahhh)

Like the previous years, same rules except for the important dates for the event, some stuffs and the person who will be in charge, you can read them here.

Anyways, I'll be just quoting in Moho's original rules in here, just in case:

How to Join:
In order to signup, just post in this topic. You can also PM me or leave a comment on my profile. Remember that once signups close, gift-giving is mandatory! You can't drop out after signups close, so please make sure that you have time in your schedules to make a gift!

While you can signup first and post your wishlist (see below) later, I prefer that you do both at the same time. If you signup through PM or comment, please post your wishlist in this topic!

How to Make a Wishlist:
Your wishlist is just what it sounds like, a wishlist. It's a way to tell your Secret Santa what you want. Remember that this is only a suggestion, and while most Secret Santas will try to fit your wishlist, others may not or can not. Wishlists are not binding.

This should consist of at least 3 (and preferably exactly 3) series, characters, or other things that you want to see in your gift. These need not be native to Detective Conan, but try to keep at least one Detective Conan related thing in your list, and if you decide to go for a non-DC character, please note where the character comes from! 

Note that I said that the wish list should consist of at least 3 things. You can put more than 3 things, but this is just a way for people who simply can't decide between 5 of their favorite series or characters and really want to put down all 5. This is not for people to put down an excessive amount of things. In general, I would keep it to 3. You're more likely to get what you want, and your Secret Santa isn't going to have as many troubles deciding.

If you want, you can also list what kind of gift you want (music, fanfic, etc.), but your Secret Santa is not necessarily obligated to make that gift

Here's an example wishlist that I made:

Ai Haibara
Accelerator (Toaru Majutsu no Index)
Kino (Kino's Journey)
Kazuha Toyama

I would prefer a fanfic, but if you can't do that then that is completely cool!

How to Upload Your Gift:
So you made your gift! Great, but how do you get it to your awesome receiver?

Well, this honestly depends on what gift you are uploading. Here are a few general guidelines:

Fanfics/fanart: Either posted here or on another publicly accessible site.
AMVs: Youtube, preferably, I really can't hold a lot of movie files on my computer.
Songs: Upload it as an .mp3 file to some public file-hosting website (I'm fond of Mediafire). If you can password-lock it, please give it the password: secretsanta (all lower case, no caps). You can also upload it onto Youtube.

If you happen to be making a gift that doesn't fit the above categories, or you just have questions, just PM me. We'll find a way.

Remember that once you upload your gift, please give the link to me through PM! It's no good if I don't have access to it! I'll always send a confirmation PM noting I did get the link, or there were problems with your link, or what not, so keep tabs on your inboxes!

Any other questions? Feel free to ask! Did I leave out something? Point it out!

And here's what's changed from the rules, Important Dates of course! (I'll be using Eastern Standard Time)

December-8-2015 : Beginning of sign ups for the Event! You guys can sign up now of course :D

December-20-2015 : Final day to sign up for the Event. The exact time of the sign up closing will be around 5 PM (EST). Just like last year and/or the previous years, the Organizer will be assigning each participant with a random participant and will receive the random participant's wishlist through PM, so please, be around on this day or the day after. Compared to the last event though, I will be quickly assigning stuffs and the participants will receive their assigned wishlist within 9-10 PM (EST again) Also, if you want to drop out from the event, this is the last day for it!

December-21-2015 : Actual start for the gift making will start on this day! Go on and make thy gifts :)

December-30-2015 and December-31-2015 : Now, here's another important change on the dates, the Secret Santa Gift Exchanging is supposed to happen in the actual Christmas Day but since this Event started really really late like only now, the event itself is moved to the last day of the year ;) (Don't worry it's still Christmas Season at that time since Christmas really ends on January 6). The Deadline for Gift Submission is on December 30 (till 11:59 PM EST No ifs no buts) and the Date where each participant will receive their said gifts will be the next day, December 31 (12 am EST onwards). So again, please be around these important dates. (If you have submitted your gift early, you don't need to be around on December 30)

January-1-2016 : Nothing important for this event really :P Just Happy New Year to Everyone on that time! :)

Other Important Notes:

• You cannot drop out from the event once the date for the closing of sign ups passes. So please, make sure you really have enough time to make your gifts (You have 9 days to do that) and also to be around the dates where said participation is needed.
  • You can submit your gifts to me earlier than December 30 that's if you surely finished it.
  • The event will only go on if we reach the minimum of 6 participants. Below the minimum, event is automatically cancelled.
  • To make the event more mysterious and secret, I won't be revealing the name of the Participants till the end of the event.
  • To avoid confusion, please do remember that I'm the one who is organizing the event. So it's to me that you'll submit your works and other event related stuffs unless Moho decides to do the event.
  • If Moho decides to take over the event, I'll give him the Stage since this is supposed to be his but of course, We'll let every participant know about it, to avoid any confusion.
  • Lastly, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH TIME FOR THIS EVENT! IF YOU ARE THINKING TWICE WHETHER YOU WANNA JOIN OR NOT, SIMPLE ANSWER: DON'T.

Current Number of Participants: 8

If you have any more questions, you can freely ask me through PM or here. :)

EDIT: I edited the dates. Extended it till saturday.

ANOTHER EDIT: RULE UPDATE: FOR ALL THE PARTICIPANTS, MAKE SURE YOU REALLY SUBMIT YOUR WORK BEFORE 30th (I'LL GIVE A BUFFER TIME LIKE A DAY OR TWO IF THERE IS SOMETHING NEED TO BE FIXED OR IF SOMETHING REALLY GOT IN THE WAY THAT PREVENTED YOU FROM DOING OR SUBMITTING YOUR GIFT). FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN A BAN FROM THE EVENT AND YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO JOIN EVER AND I'M NOT KIDDING ABOUT THIS.

===

Participants:

• Kjeldahl
  • Aadikudo
  • Alpha the Errorist
  • windie
  • astraculpa
  • Rye
  • Misaki-chan
  • Waffle Santa

Another Rule Edit: I don't know if last year there was a gift revelation, and if it's publicly or through PMs but anyways, this time around, the participants only will be the one to see the works of the other participants.

Edited by .MK.
  • Upvote 4

Thank you tomato for hosting this year's Secret Santa and to everyone who joined SS, you all were the reasons why the event was pushed through. Hoping to see on the next SS. Happy New Year everyone! May you all have a great year ahead. ^_^

Thank you tomato for hosting this year's Secret Santa and to everyone who joined SS, you all were the reasons why the event was pushed through. Hoping to see on the next SS. Happy New Year everyone! May you all have a great year ahead. ^_^

Thanks thanks thanks :D Yup, you guys are the reason why this event is done so round of applause to you all participants!

Hope to see you around again next year! :) which I don't know if I'll be the one hosting

Anyways, all in all, everyone participated well and no one submitted late so I'm really happy about that!