Detective Conan World
Maurice

New "Studio" section!

Hi folks!

As many of you already know, DCW has been releasing podcasts thanks to our amazing staff members and podcast hosts: CarpetCrawler, Southpaw and skyechan! :D

Due to their overwhelming popularity, we came up with a new section for the site to promote them called: Studio!

This new section will show a list of podcasts released by our team to date and will allow "logged in members" to stream any podcast right from the site and comment on it (as well as facebook-like it). If not logged in, an external link to mediafire will be provided to download the mp3.

The cool thing is that this new section has a lot of room for "growth". Let me explain. It is called Studio because it will not only contain podcasts but also a lot of DCW/fan released content! Since this is a huge feature (and thus a lot of work), this section will only feature podcasts for now but in the future, it will be possible to see manga chapters released by DCW (like the Magic Kaito chapter we worked on recently) as well as fan work such as stories, drawings and videos (though this will take more time to implement since it requires implementing some kind of user control panel so that you can manage your submitted "fan works").

In the meantime, new podcasts will be added to the podcast list as they get released and you will be able to listen to them right away!

I hope you enjoy this new addition to the site. As usual, feedback greatly appreciated! :P

Have fun!

Link: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/studio

• Upvote 1

Just a note: for now, as you can see, there's a "black" screen when viewing the podcast. But I can put a picture there instead. We just need to come up with some kind of standard and I can incorporate the image anytime (it's already implemented, just not active).

Right now, the picture needs to be 668x400 (though we may change the height if needed - but the width needs to be 668px). As for the picture itself, maybe it could be some DC-related background with, on top, written the podcast episode title, the hosts names, guests, etc... If any of the hosts would like to submit a picture for the podcast, please let me know! If the community would like to participate as well and propose pictures for the podcasts, please be my guest! :D

Like the new Studio section...:)

By the way, I want to suggest if you can also put the external link for each podcast for those who are logged-in. Like me, I am downloading the podcasts and listen to them at home since we don't have internet connection at home and I have to go to an internet cafe to surf the internet, and I believe there are others who also prefer to donwload the podcasts, too.

By the way, I want to suggest if you can also put the external link for each podcast for those who are logged-in. Like me, I am downloading the podcasts and listen to them at home since we don't have internet connection at home and I have to go to an internet cafe to surf the internet, and I believe there are others who also prefer to donwload the podcasts, too.

Will do. :)

It's only tracking logged-in people who listen to the podcast right now. And just like Youtube, there's an anti-spamming feature to prevent noise in the data. So basically, someone cannot just come and refresh the page again and again to boost the count (it's actually pretty standard procedure now when making websites of all kinds). But if you listen to it every 12 hours, it will go up.

As for the downloads, CC has the numbers via mediafire, but I could add a counter as well on top of the link (thus, no need to link straight from this website Shuuichi :)). Is it a feature you guys would like to see as well?

It's only tracking logged-in people who listen to the podcast right now. And just like Youtube, there's an anti-spamming feature to prevent noise in the data. So basically, someone cannot just come and refresh the page again and again to boost the count (it's actually pretty standard procedure now when making websites of all kinds). But if you listen to it every 12 hours, it will go up.

Yesterday, I changed the mechanic a little bit: guests (i.e. non-members) can also boost hit counts but the anti-spamming feature is still there (it'll only go up once every 12 hours per visitor/member). And as you can see in the studio, episode 8 already has had 38 listeners since yesterday night. :)