Detective Conan World
DCUniverseAficionado

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 942-944: Chiba's weightloss and the UFO

THIS THREAD is used to discuss about SPOILERSIn other words, if you only read the English version and wish to wait for the full release instead of getting spoiled, this is NOT the right place for you!

RULES OF THE SPOILER-ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD:

1. Any kind of spoiler involving the case (pictures, texts, information, full scans...) of any language that is released before the English version must be posted HEREThe English translations of the spoilers must also be posted here.

2. Any kind of discussion involving the spoilers must be posted HERE.

3. Despite being a spoiler-only thread, EVERY spoiler and discussion involving events that have not happened in the English releases STILL has to be put inside Spoiler boxes. When the file in question is fully released in English, this is not necessary anymore.

4. NO DIRECT LINK to any Japanese scans (RAWs) or English scans (Japanese spoiler pictures are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very far away from a full scan, like the ones we usually have).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

Text you want to write

Or more manually:

Step 1: Click the "Special BBCode" icon at the upper-left side of the edit toolbar.
Untitled-1_zps5a0dae75.png

Step 2: In BBCode, select "Spoiler".
Spoiler_zpsc5764e29.jpg

Step 3: Enter the text that you want to put inside Spoiler boxes, then click OK.

Text_zps4958fb14.jpg

The preview page for 942 is up.

http://festy.jp/web/posts/4857

Also, the preview that dropped on Tuesday (https://www.facebook.com/508258949226063/photos/a.509704855748139.132692.508258949226063/1022458184472801/?type=3):

From websunday, translation by bash7353:

"Next case: a winter romantic comedy. Conan noticed a resemblance between the girl Sera is hiding at her hotel and Haibara. Suddenly there's a strange request at the Mouri Detective Agency...!?"

• Upvote 1

The preview page for 942 is up.

http://festy.jp/web/posts/4857

Also, the preview that dropped on Tuesday (https://www.facebook.com/508258949226063/photos/a.509704855748139.132692.508258949226063/1022458184472801/?type=3):

From websunday, translation by bash7353:

"Next case: a winter romantic comedy. Conan noticed a resemblance between the girl Sera is hiding at her hotel and Haibara. Suddenly there's a strange request at the Mouri Detective Agency...!?"

(directed more toward everyone, rather then a reply)

even though festy creates a page, the text spoilers for a new chapter still don't get put out until around 4pm Saturday (Japanese time zone)

currently all they have on that page now is a recap of the text spoilers from 941, The 942 section of the page is the part that is titled 

""名探偵コナン FILE942のネタバレあらすじ"" down towards the bottom just before the add comment box.

also, it sometimes takes festy a while to put the text spoilers on thier page, so if you happen to know even a little Japanese or just want

to browse blindly, here is the 2ch thread.  http://kanae.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ymag/1448705056/ . Note: these threads close down / cap out

at 1001 posts, so every two weeks or so there is a new thread link to find. so if you do bookmark it, be aware of that. 

Text spoilers

20発の弾丸 8発目 リアル脱出ゲームツアー第4弾! 

本編 FILE942 千葉の難事件 

千葉がとある事件の情報を求め由美に話しかけてくる 
そのそばでは、苗子がなんで自分を思い出してくれないの!と睨んでる 
日に日にメタボる千葉を見て、由美たちの同僚は彼氏にしたくないねーと陰口 
苗子の怒りの炎はどこへ向けられるのやら 

その夜、千葉の部屋を管理人が訪れる 
差出人欄に"宇宙で一番のあなたのファンより"と書かれた小包を預かっていた 

一方、小五郎事務所 
陽奈が葉巻型UFOを見た、探してくれと言うが 
見間違えたんじゃないの?飛行船とよく似てるし、との小五郎の言を聞き 
コナンは先日の灰原の顔を思い出す 
「領域外の妹」とよく似てたよな、と 
2人に血縁があるとしたら、灰原と赤井もつながるということで 
それに明美と赤井は昔… 
などと考えていると、UFO探しに行くことにした小五郎たちに置いてかれかける 
UFO=最近沖野ヨーコが出ている番組、ということで小五郎は乗り気な様子 

陽奈は他校の空手部で、蘭には何度も試合で負けている 
打倒蘭丸(←森蘭丸←もうりらんまる←毛利蘭)を目標に走り込みをしていた場所で 
UFOを見たというのだが、そこは前に渋谷先生が突き落とされた階段 
飛んできた方向は陽奈が通う杯戸高校だが、殺人事件が起きたせいで入れない 

……はずなのだが、鍵の壊れた裏門からあっさり進入 
すると地面に塗られたコンクリに二人の男の倒れた痕 
片方は犠牲者でもう片方は生きているが意味不明なことを言っているとか 
そんな内容のニュースを見たと小五郎が思い出していると千葉が止めに来る 
なんでそんなに肩で息するような駆け足なのか…それは小包の中身のせい 
入っていたのはほとんどが健康関連の書籍で、それ読んでダイエット実践中 
(送ったのは苗子か?) 

犠牲者はUFO雑誌の編集者、生きてた方はその雑誌の投稿者 
半年前、2人は編集部内で大喧嘩していたのを目撃されている 
窒息死と診断されたが、編集者の肺からはコンクリは一切出ず 
紐ではなく袋状の何かをかぶせたらしいことまでは掴んだが証拠品がない 
投稿者が言う意味不明なことというのは 
"宇宙人がUFOから降りてきて、宙に浮いたまま編集者を殺しUFOで飛び去った" 
■凶器も、第三者の足跡も無い状況――超常殺人事件を暴け!! ■新年第3号につづく■

Translations from bash7353 and presumenothing from the cbox

bash7353: Title is "Chiba's difficult case” [942 spoilers]

bash7353: “Conan remembers Haibara’s face from a few days before. She greatly resembles ‘the sister from outside the domain’, if those two are relatives, Haibara and Akai are related, too. Moreover, Akemi and Akai back then...”

presumenothing: 8th surprise: 4th real escape game tour

UFO = a program Okino Yoko has been appearing on recently, so Kogoro seems eager

presumenothing: from baidu: Chiba asks Yumi about some case, and beside her Naeko thinks "why hasn't he remembered me yet!" while glaring

presumenothing: watching Chiba get more more overweight day by day, and Yumi's colleagues gossiping about whether she's going to stay single forever, Naeko's anger burns

presumenothing: location of discovery of the UFO is the same place where Shibuya-sensei (Jodie's friend) was pushed down the stairs

AC hints:

presumenothing: つぎのジケンは、[uFO]だよんw <-- Spade: The next case is UFO w

presumenothing: ちばケイジにはムリなんじゃない?<-- Diamond: Isn't Chiba-keiji being unreasonable?

presumenothing: ナエコさん ガンバです!(`^´)/ <-- Heart: Go for it, Naeko-san!

presumenothing: エイガでウマには、のらないからw <-- Clover: There won't be horse-riding in the movie w

Text Spoiler Summary by Spimer

Bullet points of the text spoilers:
. Naeko still annoyed at Chiba not remembering her
. Chiba gets sent a mysterious package from a "fan"
. A girl(I think, the name's Hina) comes to Mouri agency and wants him to look for a cigar-shaped UFO. Kogoro motivated because he believes it's related to a Okino Yoko TV program.
. This girl's part of karate club in another school, has lot to Ran several times and nicknames Ran "Overthrow Ran-maru"
. Conan thinks about how Haibara and MG look alike: if they were blood-related then Akai would also be blood related with Haibara
. And, also, some time ago, Akemi and Akai... (Very vague wording: something happened involving the 2 but no details, of course)
. They go to some school where a murder happened: a man named Shibuya got thrown down the stairs
. The back-door isn't locked: there are marks in the concrete painted in the ground of 2 men having collapsed there
. One of the marks is the victim and the other is someone else who's alive but it's said that he only blurts nonsense
. Kogoro remembers having heard news about that: Chiba rushes there in an odd manner like he was breathing by the shoulder
. The package he got had books about health and diet so he's trying them out (maybe Naeko is the sender?)
. The victim is a UFO magazine editor, the other man is a contributor
. Both had been seen having an argument half a year ago
. The victim's COD was diagnosed as suffocation: but there was no concrete in the victim's lungs
. He wasn't strangled either: it'd seem like his head was covered with something like a bag but there's no evidence to back that hypothesis
. The contributor's "nonsense" is the following: "An alien got off an UFO, killed the editor while hovering the air, and fled with the UFO!" 
. Sidenote: "No weapon, and no traces of 3rd party... Let's solve this unusual murder case!"

• Upvote 2

Bullet points of the text spoilers:

. Naeko still annoyed at Chiba not remembering her

Goes without saying.

. Conan thinks about how Haibara and MG look alike: if they were blood-related then Akai would also be blood related with Haibara

Goes without saying.

. And, also, some time ago, Akemi and Akai... (Very vague wording: something happened involving the 2 but no details, of course)

Goes without... oh... really?...  :wub: 

Great, so the plot about MG is revealing to be more and more what I expected... 

So as I predicted in last case, when Conan said "She resembles Sera, oh wait, no she resembles more to..." he was referring Haibara.

Also regarding the theory of Elena and Akai mom(probably MG) being related I wrote in the MG thread a while ago that it will conflict with Akai and Akemi's relations, and it is very unlikely that Akai knew nothing about it... he probably went in as a NOC to try to protect his cousin, but was devastated when he couldn't... for all we knew he might have never looked at Akemi as a girlfriend, also this would explain why he specifically ran in the way of Akemi's car.

What I wonder is that if RUM has anything to do with all this... I believe he is involved in all the NOC stuff going on in the organisation so he might be related to this plot in some way as well.

Oh and one more bit, Elena and Atsushi might have been NOC themselves, not sure if anyone agrees with this, but it's still debatable because they worked there for long.

Also regarding the theory of Elena and Akai mom(probably MG) being related I wrote in the MG thread a while ago that it will conflict with Akai and Akemi's relations, and it is very unlikely that Akai knew nothing about it... he probably went in as a NOC to try to protect his cousin, but was devastated when he couldn't... for all we knew he might have never looked at Akemi as a girlfriend, also this would explain why he specifically ran in the way of Akemi's car.

He truly loved Akemi, he broke up with Jodie specifically because he loved Akemi just as much as he loved Jodie, probably even more (Remember him saying "“To be able to love two women at the same time…it’s not that handy a personality.”" and all?). Btw, the whole story with the car accident was made up by the animation staff, the backstory of how Akai and Akemi met is never given in the manga.

Also, how would Akai know that Akemi is his cousin?

He truly loved Akemi, he broke up with Jodie specifically because he loved Akemi just as much as he loved Jodie, probably even more (Remember him saying "“To be able to love two women at the same time…it’s not that handy a personality.”" and all?). Btw, the whole story with the car accident was made up by the animation staff, the backstory of how Akai and Akemi met is never given in the manga.

Also, how would Akai know that Akemi is his cousin?

I wouldn't be so sure about that...

How I've always interpreted that "to be able to love two women at the same" sentence is as more of general hypothetical speach rather than him confessing that he loves both of them at the same time! We know for a fact that he dated Jodie, so some feelings has to obviously be attached to that, but the only thing we can go on his true feelings for akemi is the way he's been acting towards her death and the indication of his suffering and wanting to repent!

...But obviously, he shouldn't have known that she was his cousin!

File 942 Chinese: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4205404434

File 942 on imgur (higher quality): http://imgur.com/a/ki8gI

8th surprise seems to be another "Real Escape Game" event coming on March 18th. It seems to be titled "Escape the Black Assassin".

There's also an extra page added in this issue of Shonen Sunday and seems to be related to Tottori Airport's opening? 

It seems we finally learned Chiba's real name. His name shows up on a package he receives, and a bit earlier in Naeko's thought bubble.

Not really surprising, though while it seems it is a reference to Chiba's VA, the kanji used are different.

From the cbox:

jimmy_kud0_tv: Chiba Kazunobo ( 千葉 和伸 )

jimmy_kud0_tv: so he just replaced the "一" with a "和", both which can be read as "Kazu"

From the DCW wiki

Of course his VA is Isshin Chiba (千葉 一伸 Chiba IsshinHis real name is Kazunobu Chiba, an alternate reading of the same kanji in Isshin Chiba.

Also like the case so far. It seems quite unique and the pacing is really good. An enjoyable Chiba/Naeko case? Must be imagining things... Granted this is the first time we've had them together without the Detective Boys...

It seems we finally learned Chiba's real name. His name shows up on a package he receives, and a bit earlier in Naeko's thought bubble.

Not really surprising, though while it seems it is a reference to Chiba's VA, the kanji used are different.

From the cbox:

jimmy_kud0_tv: Chiba Kazunobo ( 千葉 和伸 )

jimmy_kud0_tv: so he just replaced the "一" with a "和", both which can be read as "Kazu"

I think that name was the top choice of a poll that asked the question about his first name.

I think that name was the top choice of a poll that asked the question about his first name.

The poll was using the original kanji (alternate reading) for the name though. His voice actor's name "Isshin" has kanji that also read "Kazunobu"

Gosho used different kanji because as he stated in SDB70+, all of the people with the "ichi" kanji in there name have to be cool. 

is this some love file, spiced with a bit of shuuichi mystery to make us think we are getting progress on the plot

But isn't that pretty much the thing about every story, as of late, dating back to 07?

Is there another poll besides the one on DCTP?

Screen_Shot_2015_04_06_at_1_48_14_AM.png

That's the one I was referring to.

Oops, "Keiji" was the top choice. :blush: 

The poll was using the original kanji (alternate reading) for the name though. His voice actor's name "Isshin" has kanji that also read "Kazunobu"

Gosho used different kanji because as he stated in SDB70+, all of the people with the "ichi" kanji in there name have to be cool. 

At least Kazunobu was on the poll.

EDIT:

Apologies for the double post. I clicked the wrong thing.

Isn't there a function to delete posts, like with DCTP? I don't see one, here.

gosho aoyama never uses juvenile murderers, usually murderers are between 20 and to up 70 years old, the culprit must be yusuke kuchiki, hina-chan it's just an eyewitness.

well it's my deduction, but makes a lot of sense.

I have seen that too, but I wouldn't agree. They eyes are not that similar, Scotch looks more like Shukichi or Hidemi (which is probably just attributed to Gosho's artstyle) than Hina imo.

I've read someone's opinion saying that the Hina girl from this case ressembles Scotch. Has anyone else here thought that they look alike?

They eyes are not that similar, Scotch looks more like Shukichi or Hidemi (which is probably just attributed to Gosho's artstyle) than Hina imo.

This would probably be the best explanation if any...

Anyways... There is one panel from File 942 that sticks out to me to the point where I could draw a slight resemblance to Scotch, but they really don't look that alike. I think it's mostly in the eyes / eyebrows, and Shukichi and Scotch don't really seem have a "unique" eye design. Even Naeko and other case characters share a resemblance (Natsuko from Scarlet). Hidemi and Eisuke are also worth mentioning, but their features are generally more "prominent" for lack of a better term.

eu3QrH3.png 5dy561q.png

besides, the Hina girl knows Ran.

Hmmm... ¡I smell a new character!

according to chiba, he said that the UFO magazine editor and the contributor had a conversation hald year ago, and my deduction is that the contributor murdered the editor i don't know how, and has something to do with their company or something else.

in short the contributor is the main suspect of the case, and that "nonsense" it's just an excuse, nd the footprints are male ones due to their size, we'll see the investigation next week, but i'm prety sure it's something like that. ;)

File 943 Chinese: Imgur baidu

This seems to be purely an investigation chapter. Not much happening here in terms of plot stuff. Chiba seems to have magically lost quite a bit of weight, and hey, there's Shiratori for a brief moment  :P 

Text spoiler translations from Spimer at DCTP:

. The concrete square was to place an object (a monument) to commemorate Haido High's 50 years
. Both the victim and the suspect were hardly stuck and it was hard to free them 
. One was flat in back, the other was prone
. The "accident" happened on October the 4th: an oddly hot day, there was the Haido City Festival
. There's a CCTV camera recording: only the victim and the suspect came into the scene
. Instead of an accomplice (as speculated by Kogoro) there is a long and narrow odd shadow: could it be the cigar-shaped UFO?
. Some days later...
. What Chiba talked about the "accident" has been leaked to the net 
. He's scolded for that because HQ thinks he's the leaker
. Chiba seems to be turning skinnier, at least to Sato and Takagi's eyes. Yumi and Naeko seem to be involved.
. The actual leaker is Kogoro: he slipped it to a drinking buddy and that buddy posted it on a blog 
. That asides, the suspect (the publisher) has started a blog as well but Conan finds it odd that he appeals about his tale online instead of telling the police
. Conan doesn't understand why the publisher would want to conceal that info, even if he was the culprit 
. His UFO eyewitness account wasn't recorded (by the police, I guess?) 
. Instead of trying to figure out if someone in the festival or someone in the stairs from which Shibuya - sensei was pushed from saw the UFO, 
Conan decides to go to the publisher's house and ask him in person
. Once in there (along with Chiba, Kogoro and Ran) the publisher makes them wait because he argues the room was messy
. Conan stacks up one or more chairs and opens a cupboard: there's a black plastic bag and addhesive ape casually packed there
. Kogoro drags him away and Conan asks Ran to call Hina: the UFO she saw was colored black 
.Side note: the unusual murder and the UFO are linked!? Next issue, the resolution!

This seems to be purely an investigation chapter. Not much happening here in terms of plot stuff. Chiba seems to have magically lost quite a bit of weight, and hey, there's Shiratori for a brief moment  :P 

you are right, he looks like he has been hitting the weight room

must be this new new art style, makes all chubby guys look better

of all the kids, genta looks the most normal

Shiratori is still there

has his love story been resolved?

you are right, he looks like he has been hitting the weight room

must be this new new art style, makes all chubby guys look better

of all the kids, genta looks the most normal

Shiratori is still there

has his love story been resolved?

Yes, his love story was resolved in Chapter 708 (over six years ago)