Detective Conan World
Akazora

Opening 42 -- "Hane" by Koshi Inaba

NxI31MS.png

The 42nd opening theme of the Detective Conan anime is revealed to be Hane by Koshi Inaba, who is famous for being the vocalist for B'z.  The opening will premier with the episode that airs on January 9th, 2016 along with the new closing theme by La PomPon, and the full song's CD will be released on January 13th, 2016.

A preview of the song can be heard in the video below at the 7:13 mark.
  • Upvote 2

B'z are pretty much hit or miss for me. Sometimes I like their tracks, and other times his vocals just kinda irk me a bit. Not really a fan of this one in particular, but I'm interested in seeing the animation for the opening.

Not sure why they chose La PomPon to do another cover either... They could have got someone else  :P  - I won't say their rendition of Nazo was awful (as long as we aren't talking about live), but I have a feeling this one won't translate nearly as well. Though I suppose I'll reserve judgement until I hear it.

Figured I'd relay my thoughts on the new opening/ending...

(Sorry for the double post, though it has been quite some time)

My thoughts are quite "mixed", and I was a bit excited going into it, but I came out disappointed on almost all fronts.

First of all, the 42nd opening, Hane by Koshi Inaba...

B'z songs can go either way for me, simply because I'm not a huge fan of Inaba's voice, and it's usually the deciding factor on whether or not I like the song. That being said, I actually do like Hane and it has really grown on me overtime.
However, the actual opening animation is as generic as it gets. There was not one exciting or memorable scene to me, and the whole thing just seems like one big after-thought. There's such a small cast of characters in the actual opening as well...

Next up we have La PomPon's cover of opening 4, ZARD's Unmei no Roulette Mawashite.

As far as the 50th ending is concerned, I'm a bit more mixed than having a negative or positive reaction. First of all, I'm not impressed with the song, and I really do like the original opening. I think their rendition of Nazo was okay, permitting you didn't hear the live track... but I don't think their vocals translate well on a song like this, and I actually had that thought going into this. They simply should not have covered this track. I think had they done something like TRUTH ~ A Great Detective of Love instead, they'd have been better off (though I wouldn't be excited about them butchering my favorite DC opening either).
The actual animation I suppose was "unique" but with the opening and the ending, it makes it look like Detective Conan is on a strict budget or something, which is simply not the case. I did like the ending's "animation" even though a portion of it was just stills, but it is still quite bland. It also seems quite "short" to me for some reason, maybe that's just me?

Overall though, there's really nothing to get excited about. Both the opening and ending failed to deliver and I found them both to be disappointing.

Figured I'd relay my thoughts on the new opening/ending...

(Sorry for the double post, though it has been quite some time)

My thoughts are quite "mixed", and I was a bit excited going into it, but I came out disappointed on almost all fronts.

First of all, the 42nd opening, Hane by Koshi Inaba...

B'z songs can go either way for me, simply because I'm not a huge fan of Inaba's voice, and it's usually the deciding factor on whether or not I like the song. That being said, I actually do like Hane and it has really grown on me overtime.

However, the actual opening animation is as generic as it gets. There was not one exciting or memorable scene to me, and the whole thing just seems like one big after-thought. There's such a small cast of characters in the actual opening as well...

Next up we have La PomPon's cover of opening 4, ZARD's Unmei no Roulette Mawashite.

As far as the 50th ending is concerned, I'm a bit more mixed than having a negative or positive reaction. First of all, I'm not impressed with the song, and I really do like the original opening. I think their rendition of Nazo was okay, permitting you didn't hear the live track... but I don't think their vocals translate well on a song like this, and I actually had that thought going into this. They simply should not have covered this track. I think had they done something like TRUTH ~ A Great Detective of Love instead, they'd have been better off (though I wouldn't be excited about them butchering my favorite DC opening either).

The actual animation I suppose was "unique" but with the opening and the ending, it makes it look like Detective Conan is on a strict budget or something, which is simply not the case. I did like the ending's "animation" even though a portion of it was just stills, but it is still quite bland. It also seems quite "short" to me for some reason, maybe that's just me?

Overall though, there's really nothing to get excited about. Both the opening and ending failed to deliver and I found them both to be disappointing.

I agree, I thought 42 will be the savior of DC openings after the last few openings which weren't impressive, but it seems we'll have to wait for opening 43, and they'd better put Kuroda in it as well.

The only bad OP of the last few was 40 imo, Greed, Dynamite and Nazo were all really good.

Yep, I agree with that. Those three in particular were all great openings. The songs were all enjoyable, and the animation was good too. 

I'm mostly disappointed with 42 simply because I grew to like the song, and the animation was incredibly disappointing.

I agree, I thought 42 will be the savior of DC openings after the last few openings which weren't impressive, but it seems we'll have to wait for opening 43, and they'd better put Kuroda in it as well.

Maybe, that's probably hoping for too much  :P

It would have been nice seeing Heiji or Kazuha at the very least make an appearance here, but the Nagano police/Kuroda would have been great.

I was hoping for a new profile image for Shinichi or Ran, but there weren't any shots that fit the criteria :(

This OP is more like and ending than an opening. I didn't care for either the animation or the song to be honest.

Also the tree returns. I should make it an april fools page.