Detective Conan World
Akazora

Closing 50 -- "Unmei no Roulette Mawashite" by La PomPon

la-pompon.jpg

The 50th closing theme of the Detective Conan anime is revealed to be Unmei no Roulette Mawashite by La PomPon, which will be a cover of ZARD's original song of the same name which was used for the 4th Detective Conan opening.  The closing will premier with the episode that airs on January 9th, 2016 along with the new opening theme by Koshi Inaba, and the full song's CD will be released at a later, currently unspecified date.

The original version of the song with the opening animation can be watched here (Dailymotion link).

• Upvote 3

Dailymotion link to the ending.

Wow, they played the nostalgia card really hard.  10/10 for accurately replicating the creepy smile Genta always has when gazing at a sleeping person.  I also liked those little stills showing some of the cast members in alternate costumes/settings.  I'm not really keeping up with Detective Conan anymore, so were those referencing something?

Dailymotion link to the ending.

Wow, they played the nostalgia card really hard.  10/10 for accurately replicating the creepy smile Genta always has when gazing at a sleeping person.  I also liked those little stills showing some of the cast members in alternate costumes/settings.  I'm not really keeping up with Detective Conan anymore, so were those referencing something?

Apparently, they could be homages to other detective shows

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1043037342414885&id=508258949226063

• Upvote 1

Apparently, they could be homages to other detective shows

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1043037342414885&id=508258949226063

Nice, I had a feeling that was the case.

Funnily enough, I actually watched a Bayside Shakedown movie on a flight once.  I'm a bit disappointed I didn't recognize the reference immediately, but in my defense Conan was looking a lot like Gumshoe which threw me off.