Detective Conan World

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] Files 939-941 Department Store Stabbing

see how long he stalled the official "shuichi is sera's brother" reveal, and how it's purpose was for conan to try deduce sera's(and MG's) plans

But there was never an alternative to Shuichi and Masumi being brother and sister—from the start, it was clear that was what Gosho had in mind.

Plus, there's Masumi's attitude towards Shuichi after Mystery Train—she may not have appeared to be devastated before, but now? Look at her blushing and smiling every time he comes up—she doesn't even have a moment of sadness, after the initial joy. She may have a good poker face, but you'd think there'd be cracks. It just seems like she thinks he's not dead (I know seeing Vermouth as Scar Akai and not being aware of what was really going on is a possible cause for this, but it really doesn't seem likely—Shuichi took her hat, while Scar Akai never lost "his." It was her hat that she wondered about).

Gosho may very well be going for a double reveal, here.

But there was never an alternative to Shuichi and Masumi being brother and sister—from the start, it was clear that was what Gosho had in mind.

Plus, there's Masumi's attitude towards Shuichi after Mystery Train—she may not have appeared to be devastated before, but now? Look at her blushing and smiling every time he comes up—she doesn't even have a moment of sadness, after the initial joy. She may have a good poker face, but you'd think there'd be cracks. It just seems like she thinks he's not dead (I know seeing Vermouth as Scar Akai and not being aware of what was really going on is a possible cause for this, but it really doesn't seem likely—Shuichi took her hat, while Scar Akai never lost "his." It was her hat that she wondered about).

Gosho may very well be going for a double reveal, here.

I'm not claiming that he hasn't been in contact with her,...besides Gosho has kinda made it clear that he's setting this on stone, with the past AC/postcard hints proving to be true, the ''kichi-nii'' doesn't look to be any different from them...  so just like with the whole sera and shuichi dilemma, Gosho has kinda already made the mid-bro issue clear as well! this ofc, like I said, doesn't mean that Shuichi is not the bro she calls all the time...

I'm not claiming that he hasn't been in contact with her,...besides Gosho has kinda made it clear that he's setting this on stone, with the past AC/postcard hints proving to be true, the ''kichi-nii'' doesn't look to be any different from them...  so just like with the whole sera and shuichi dilemma, Gosho has kinda already made the mid-bro issue clear as well! this ofc, like I said, doesn't mean that Shuichi is not the bro she calls all the time...

The middle brother issue is clear, I agree.