Detective Conan World
SamKel.

Arguments against ShinRan/Shinshi

List one argument against either couple while explaining your point of view, I would like to establish a discussion going back and forth between people taking part.

Not to be rude, but hasn't this topic been done time and time again?

Shinichi and Ran are the canon pairing, so I'd say it's logical to assume that they are going to be together, especially after all of the development, backstory, and the confession... They have a deep history, and a very similar way of thinking. 

Shinichi and Shiho or Conan/Haibara will only exist in fan-fiction (even stated by Gosho that it's "impossible) so the whole basis for a relationship is that it would be more interesting than the canon pairing. It's pretty much destined to only be a platonic relationship. It's completely one-sided, and most of the implications that Ai likes Conan are rather subtle to begin with. There is no way that Conan will reciprocate the same feelings for Haibara as he has with Ran.

I'm on neither side, and I do not care what people "ship", though I'll say that Ai is one of my favorite characters and I think that if she were to have a love interest, be it Shinichi or anyone else, that it would feel forced, nor would it make sense to me at this point in the story. Gosho's not the best at handling romance either, so I think the assumption that Shinichi/Shiho would be more interesting is a stretch at best.

I do not like the prospect of Conan/Ai as a couple. However, I very much do like the interactions between these characters.

The length of the series can have a rather negative effect when it comes to developing certain characters/relationships too... but that goes without saying.

• Upvote 1

you are not rude 

folks should read and search before they post and open new topics 

You're certainly right about that. I hadn't checked so I wasn't entirely sure, but there are many similar topics as is, and a couple "nearly identical" ones. Most of them are on the very first page so it's hard to miss.

You're certainly right about that. I hadn't checked so I wasn't entirely sure, but there are many similar topics as is, and a couple "nearly identical" ones. Most of them are on the very first page so it's hard to miss.

All these shiping/should be with/hexshe/whatever are all the same