Detective Conan World
DCUniverseAficionado

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 936-938 Girl Band

Well, he's dead. Was would be better to use.

Middle School Masumi's reaction to Scotch shows that he's just a stranger.

Aren't Shukichi's eyes like Hidemi's/Kir's and Eisuke's eyes, as well?

I don't think Shuukichi really has a "unique" eye design. His eyes are similar to a lot of characters (Natsuko Shibuya from Scarlet, Naeko Miike, Eisuke Hondou/Hidemi Hondou, and of course, Scotch) Though I will say that Hidemi and Eisuke's eyelashes generally appear notably thicker, at least, that's my observation.

Looking at the actual case, I tried cutting out 16 images to look at

(not sure if I'm allowed to post that much of a case, but I guess I'll be told to delete it if so) (Chek says it's allowed. Individual panels and single pages are fine IMO. It's whole chapters that are bad.)

So the Long Haired Woman (Kibune Someka) has a tear in her jacket

case1.png

The Black Hat Woman (Fuekawa Tadako) has fingernail clippers and gives them to the Glasses Woman (Kogure Rumi)

case2.png

Tadako mentions that she brought a sewing kit, but she left it in the studio room where the Snow Hat Woman (Yamaji Hazae) has gone to nap

case3.png

Someka gives her jacket to Tadako in order for her to fix it.

case4.png

After a cut away to Masumi and Amuro, we hear a woman scream and they all rush in to find

case5.png

Conan points out that they should be able to see who did it on the security camera.

case6.png

but the band members had set up a selfie stick camera to record themselves playing

case7.pngcase8.png

Supposedly, this must be Tadako on camera fixing Someka's jacket button with her sewing kit, because it is fixed by the time the body is found

case10.pngcase11.png

I'm only guessing, but I'd assume that Takagi is pointing out that the reason the curtain was closed was because the murder could have been caught in the reflection.

case9.png

Someka also entered the room. I really can't tell what she is doing because the image looks really blurry to me

However she mentions that when she entered the room she saw Hazae with her head down and arms crossed

case12.pngcase13.png

Rumi also entered the room and can be seen moving the keyboard piano around

case14.png

Rumi shows Conan her cellphone picture of the band playing and it sparks as something really important

case15.png

The three detectives have figured it out?

case16.png

Well, he's dead. Was would be better to use.

Middle School Masumi's reaction to Scotch shows that he's just a stranger.

According to the timeline, >14-15 years ago Masumi and the middle brother start using the family name Sera instead of Akai. I'd say that's a likely point for when Mr. Akai died. That would be when Masumi is 1-3 years old. She might not remember her father. We only know he is dead because Sera thinks he is. For all we know he could told his family to pretend he was dead when he went off on a deep cover mission, or Masumi was told he was because she was so young and wouldn't understand.

Conan points out that they should be able to see who did it on the security camera.
case6.png

but the band members had set up a selfie stick camera to record themselves playing

case10.png

Rumi also entered the room and can be seen moving the keyboard piano around
case14.png

The guitars switch by the time the dolly is rolled by. That's what it looks like to me.

The guitars switch by the time the dolly is rolled by. That's what it looks like to me.

case17.pngcase18.png

The above images are clearer versions of what the guitars look like from different points in the chapters 

When i look at the guitars below, the horn like shapes at the base of the guitar necks looks the same on the right guitar in both images

The left guitar has a much larger left horn thing as seen in the left image. So I'm not so sure they actually switch places,

more of just the scan quality being not as great. 

case14.png

However

However I did just notice that Someka did pick up her guitar, as its not on its stand in this image 

That really weird blob must be her messing with that guitar. I hope that when the

Japanese raw images come out, that this image is a bit clearer. 

case12.png

thirdly, my guess at the case

For some reason I got in it my head the possibility that Tadako (black hat woman) could have been the killer. She is the one who set up the selfie stick camera in the first place. I was thinking that maybe she brought a sewing kit and some how managed to tear Someka's jacket (long haired woman). Also she mentions that she left the sewing kit in the studio room, which gives her a reason to go back into the room to retrieve it. She could then take the jacket, enter the room, kill Hazae (snow hat woman) with something like a guitar string. Then she can cross the victim's arms and have the victim lean forward like she is taking a nap on the drum. THEN she can proceed to use the murder weapon as string to sew up the rip on the jacket to hide the murder weapon. As the other two people come in to the room and mess with stuff, they will just think that the victim is sleeping..... Not really sure what the three detectives notice in that final photo shown to them by Rumi. 

According to the timeline, >14-15 years ago Masumi and the middle brother start using the family name Sera instead of Akai. I'd say that's a likely point for when Mr. Akai died. That would be when Masumi is 1-3 years old. She might not remember her father. We only know he is dead because Sera thinks he is. For all we know he could told his family to pretend he was dead when he went off on a deep cover mission, or Masumi was told he was because she was so young and wouldn't understand.

I was talking about Scotch, not the father of Shuichi, Shukichi and Masumi.

As for their father, I'm waiting to see their and MG's reaction to Hyoue.

I was talking about Scotch, not the father of Shuichi, Shukichi and Masumi.

As for their father, I'm waiting to see their and MG's reaction to Hyoue.

You were replying to a post that speculated that Scotch IS the Akai family father

• Upvote 1

Do you remember the scene from detective conan movie 13?

when Conan followed Vermouth to the park of the mall and asked her:

Why is your organization following the serial murder case?

Vermouth: NOC. 

Conan: NOC?

Non-official cover ....

A member of yours working undercover as a civilian became one of the victims?

Vermouth: Right.

That NOC, Perhaps seeking some sort of insurance...

Carried a memory card containing our entire NOC list.

The organization had planned to get rid of them shortly.

However....

Conan: That person was killed by someone else first.

Vermouth: Correct.

And now, their killer ..

Has made off with the memory card.

Most likely unknowingly.

Conan: I see.

It would be bad for you should the police catch the killer and look into that database.

I think Scotch is the victim number six of that serial killer:

I mean Ryuuzaki Tsutomu (28 years) 

victim6.png

Ryuuzaki%20Tsutomu.png

Ryuuzaki%20Tsutomu28.png

Ryuuzaki%20Tsutomu28years.png

Ryuuzaki%20Tsutomu28yr.png

and I think he is the same person which Sera talk about him in manga file 937 

manga%20file%20937_1.png

12.jpg

don't you agrea with me?

Why is your organization following the serial murder case?

Vermouth: NOC. 

Conan: NOC?

Non-official cover ....

A member of yours working undercover as a civilian became one of the victims?

Vermouth: Right.

That NOC, Perhaps seeking some sort of insurance...

Carried a memory card containing our entire NOC list.

The organization had planned to get rid of them shortly.

However....

Conan: That person was killed by someone else first.

Vermouth: Correct.

And now, their killer ..

Has made off with the memory card.

Most likely unknowingly.

Conan: I see.

It would be bad for you should the police catch the killer and look into that database.

victim6.png

Ryuuzaki%20Tsutomu.png

Ryuuzaki%20Tsutomu28.png

Ryuuzaki%20Tsutomu28years.png

Ryuuzaki%20Tsutomu28yr.png

manga%20file%20937_1.png

12.jpg

don't you agrea with me?

Movie events are not canon. The end.

Plus, we clearly see Scotch's face in File 937—it's nothing like the face of Ryuzaki Tsutomu.

Scotch likely died two years before current events—he couldn't be alive during the events of the Raven Chaser and then get killed because someone volunteered to sacrifice her life for his and that of others, and her brother hated that they lived and she didn't. If Scotch had been in that situation, he likely would've sacrificed himself to save the lives of others, given that he was PSB/PSIA.

don't you agrea with me?

No, because the movies are non-cannon 

Movie events are not canon. The end.

Plus, we clearly see Scotch's face in File 937—it's nothing like the face of Ryuzaki Tsutomu.

Scotch likely died two years before current events—he couldn't be alive during the events of the Raven Chaser and then get killed because someone volunteered to sacrifice her life for his and that of others, and her brother hated that they lived and she didn't. If Scotch had been in that situation, he likely would've sacrificed himself to save the lives of others, given that he was PSB/PSIA.

I remember the scene from Detective conan episode 783

When Vermouth said to Bourbon:

Gin seemed concerned about rats in the organization.

Hondo, the FBI's Akai, and that man makes three.

You know, the secret police agent who was erased before we get his name

so she said they are only three and one of them he was killed before they know his name !

that is the same situation in the movie 13, the serial killer killed the NOC before they get rid of him.

That's why i think they are the same person.

I remember the scene from Detective conan episode 783

When Vermouth said to Bourbon:

Gin seemed concerned about rats in the organization.

Hondo, the FBI's Akai, and that man makes three.

You know, the secret police agent who was erased before we get his name

so she said they are only three and one of them he was killed before they know his name !

that is the same situation in the movie 13, the serial killer killed the NOC before they get rid of him.

That's why i think they are the same person.

However Movies are non-cannon and do not effect the series

the author would not allow a character that is exclusive to the movies to be an important character in the manga

For example all of the other movie characters that have appeared in the manga were just Police detectives 

and they didn't really change the main plot of the series. 

You know, the secret police agent who was erased before we get his name.

We the reader don't know his real name either. Scotch is an alias given by the black organization themselves.

On the contrary, everyone know Ryuuzaki Tsutomu is Ryuuzaki Tsutomu

this is a much better look at the security camera images from the case

The reason that the upper right image is blurry is because it was upscaled

it was really tiny as it appeared in the chapter. 

case%2020.png

The official name of "secret police" has been revealed.

Fujiwara: File 938 spoilers: Masumi became a detective due to her brother’s influence. However, not the brother from the Red Woman case, but the even older brother, Akai Shuuichi.
She thinks that the guy who caught her bass was one of her bro’s friends whom he happened to meet while coming back home for a break. Amuro (thinking): No, he’s … an undercover agent … from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department Public Security Bureau … who was killed by your brother.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Metropolitan_Police_Department_Public_Security_Bureau

I'll add it in Scotch's wiki page

• Upvote 1

The official name of "secret police" has been revealed.

Fujiwara: File 938 spoilers: Masumi became a detective due to her brother’s influence. However, not the brother from the Red Woman case, but the even older brother, Akai Shuuichi.

She thinks that the guy who caught her bass was one of her bro’s friends whom he happened to meet while coming back home for a break. Amuro (thinking): No, he’s … an undercover agent … from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department Public Security Bureau … who was killed by your brother.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Metropolitan_Police_Department_Public_Security_Bureau

I'll add it in Scotch's wiki page

Well, it seems that we cleared up that business—the "secret police" (koankeisatsu; probably butchering the spelling, there) is the PSB, not the PSIA.

Of course Shuichi's the one who inspired her—he's the Sherlock to Shukichi's Mycroft (though, if you go by Sherlock (TV Series), Shukichi is Sherlock and Shuichi is Mycroft).

Spimer's translations of the text spoilers

Case-related parts 
. The murder weapon was knitted in Hagie's knite hat 
. The keyboard had to be moved to show up on the camera: if it was too close to the drums
it would be blocked by the phone. And if it was too far away it wouldn't show up 
. Rumi is the culprit: she drugged the victim knowing her habit of sleeping on the drums 
. She borrowed the nail clipper from Yuiko to cut off the "Ponpon" Ornament from the hat and use it as a weapon 
. Motive is that she believed that Hagie was responsible for Akane's death since she'd told Akane that 
her voice was withered and lacked depth and couldn't
. Akane was then run over by a car and Rumi thought it was an act of suicide because Hagie had 
depressed her
. But in truth she failed to try to rescue a child who'd jumped into the road
. And her voice would eventually recover, anyway, so she had no reason to suicide
Plot-related parts 
. Masumi became a detective influenced by her big brother
. And she doesn't mean the "brother" she brought up during the Red Woman case but Shuuichi, the oldest brother 
. She thinks that Scotch was a friend Akai met when returning to Japan during a break
. But Amuro inwardly thinks "No... He was... an infiltrated agent of the... Police HQ's PSB... A man who was killed by your brother"
. Publisher's note: What happened in the past that made Akai and Amuro being antagonistic of each other?

Translated stuff from Presumenothing and Fujiwara

Fujiwara: File 938 title: The crime in the blind spot

#938 case solution: victim was strangled with a thread that was knitted into her hat (under the pom-pom) with the drumsticks – criminal is the keyboardist, who knitted while pretending to edit the scores, controlled the placement of the handphone by moving the keyboard away from the drums, drugged the victim's drink with sleeping pills, and cut off the pom-pom with the nail clipper (instead of trimming her nails, showing that she wasn't at all concerned about the performance)

(motive: it was all a great big misunderstanding, she thought the vocalist committed suicide because of stuff the drummer said, etc etc, yup)

#938 p15: Sera "Actually I became a detective... because of my brother's influence!" Ran "So it's the smart brother you mentioned during the Red Woman case?" Sera "No, that's my middle brother!" "The one who influenced me is my eldest brother!" Ran "I remember that your eldest brother passed away already..." Sonoko "Could it be he was a police officer who died in the line of duty?"

#938 p15-6: Sera "Yeah... though he wasn't a member of the Japan police, but the Federal Bureau of Investigation... an FBI special agent!" "Apparently it really wasn't easy to get a green card..." Ran "So your brother went to America..." Conan "Say... Is that person's name..." Sera "His name was Akai Shuuichi!" "Sounds cool, doesn't it–?" Conan (thinking) "As expected..." Ran "But you saw that brother at a train station in Japan, right?" Sera "Yeah... that's why I was surprised!"

#938 p16: Sonoko "Then that man who taught you bass was from the FBI too..." Sera "No way... he was probably a friend my brother was meeting with when he came back to Japan on vacation, right?" (...cue Amuro's thoughts that Fuji translated earlier)

Fujiwara: Masumi became a detective due to her brother’s influence. However, not the brother from the Red Woman case, but the even older brother, Akai Shuuichi. She thinks that the guy who caught her bass was one of her bro’s friends whom he happened to meet while coming back home for a break. Amuro (thinking): No, he’s … an undercover agent … from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department Public Security Bureau … who was killed by your brother.

#938 last page side note: The antagonism between Amuro and Akai... what exactly happened between them in the past...? (note: the original text used "確執", which seems to translate to feud/antagonism/discord depending on what you check)

And immediately after I started to type this, Presumenothing posted a neater version of the translations

Sera “Actually I became a detective… because of my brother’s influence!" 
Ran "So it’s the smart brother you mentioned during the Red Woman case?" 
Sera "No, that’s my middle brother!” “The one who influenced me is my eldest brother!”
Ran “I remember that your eldest brother passed away already…”
Sonoko “Could it be he was a police officer who died in the line of duty?" 
Sera "Yeah… though he wasn’t a member of the Japan police, but the Federal Bureau of Investigation… an FBI special agent!” “Apparently it really wasn’t easy to get a green card…" 
Ran "So your brother went to America…" 
Conan "Say… Is that person’s name…" 
Sera "His name was Akai Shuuichi!” “Sounds cool, doesn’t it–?" 
Conan (thinking) "As expected…" 
Ran "But you saw that brother at a train station in Japan, right?" 
Sera "Yeah… that’s why I was surprised!" 
Sonoko "Then that man who taught you bass was from the FBI too…" 
Sera "No way… he was probably a friend my brother was meeting with when he came back to Japan on vacation, right?”
(following translation from Fujiwara at DCTP!)
Amuro (thinking) “No, he’s… an undercover agent… from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department Public Security Bureau… who was killed by your brother…”
last page side note: The antagonism between Amuro and Akai… what exactly happened between them in the past…?
+ case solution, if anyone’s actually been following it:
victim was strangled with a thread that was knitted into her hat (under the pom-pom) with the drumsticks – criminal is the keyboardist, who knitted while pretending to edit the scores, controlled the placement of the handphone by moving the keyboard away from the drums, drugged the victim’s drink with sleeping pills, and cut off the pom-pom with the nail clipper (instead of trimming her nails, showing that she wasn’t at all concerned about the performance).

(though, if you go by Sherlock (TV Series)

Its not just by the Sherlock Tv series

in the original novels and short stories Mycroft is the older brother who is government affiliated. 

Stuff from wikipedia: He is the elder brother (by seven years) of detective Sherlock Holmes. He is described as having abilities of deduction and knowledge to rival

even those of his brother. Though Sherlock initially tells Watson that Mycroft audits books for some government departments, he later reveals that Mycroft's true role is more substantial. While Conan Doyle's stories leave unclear what Mycroft Holmes' exact position is in the British government, Sherlock Holmes says that "Occasionally he is the British government [...] the most indispensable man in the country." 

Another popular misconception is the idea that Sherlock and Irene were in love with each other

The only story in which Irene appears in person, she is literally marrying the love of her life and Sherlock is tricked into being the witness for the marriage 

Its not just by the Sherlock Tv series

in the original novels and short stories Mycroft is the older brother who is government affiliated. 

Stuff from wikipedia: He is the elder brother (by seven years) of detective Sherlock Holmes. He is described as having abilities of deduction and knowledge to rival

even those of his brother. Though Sherlock initially tells Watson that Mycroft audits books for some government departments, he later reveals that Mycroft's true role is more substantial. While Conan Doyle's stories leave unclear what Mycroft Holmes' exact position is in the British government, Sherlock Holmes says that "Occasionally he is the British government [...] the most indispensable man in the country." 

Uh... Diogyenes Club?

I knew he was in government, but he's far more involved in Sherlock. (At least because he appears often, as opposed to Conan Doyle's novels)

So Shuichi is Mycroft, in terms of him being a government agent, and Sherlock in terms of doing work in the field. Shukichi is Sherlock, in terms of not being in the government, and Mycroft, in terms of occasional involvement in general affairs.

We still need confirmation on what he knows about his family's situation (especially that of his brother and mother). If he's not involved, now, then I hope he gets involved, once it's confirmed that he's the middle brother.