Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
User 4869

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 931-935: Zombie Movie Murder Case

I was thinking that the guy is working with someone and he faked his death somwhow but is killed somewhere after he killed that girl. The motiv is something to do with the brother.

Its revenge for his dearh, or revenge that he did something to someone that affected the killer. I dont want it to be the brother. So its a woman.O:-)

I was thinking that the guy is working with someone and he faked his death somwhow but is killed somewhere after he killed that girl. The motiv is something to do with the brother.

Its revenge for his dearh, or revenge that he did something to someone that affected the killer. I dont want it to be the brother. So its a woman.O:-)

I am not sure how that could be done. To be able to fake his death and kill the woman, he must have been alive the entire time, of course I don't think Hattori and Conan would think someone alive is actually dead :P

So its a woman.O:-)

OMG are you Heihachiro from ep. 67? xD

I am not sure how that could be done. To be able to fake his death and kill the woman, he must have been alive the entire time, of course I don't think Hattori and Conan would think someone alive is actually dead :P

OMG are you Heihachiro from ep. 67? xD

It might just be that crazy, i just threw it out there

no oe wants to move a corps around :)

please, call me Hei-chan

Producer Harawaki's death video just seems to accurate to actually be faked. It would be incredibly difficult to get him to wear the correct clothes and get it all right about how he died and such. Its more likely that he was planning to film himself faking suicide and someone messed with the bottle or the container of the poison so he got poisoned for real. For example, someone could have delivered the water bottle to him with the poison already on it, while the poison container might not have actually had poison in it. Conan mentions that the poison container was labeled "potassium cyanide" but they did not indicate whether they actually checked the container itself for its contents. 

Chances are, Producer Harawaki probably knew the way the trick of hiding the younger brother worked. Most likely he created a situation where the person could not get out of the place he was hiding in, and attempted to scratch his way out, causing the fingernail damage. He then probably created the situation where the actress Kawabata became ill. If he refused to go back so that he could take care of her, then this creates a situation where none of the other people can leave as well because they can't drive... (that's still not enough reason that one of them couldn't have called the police though... unless they were also in a location with no cell service like the current location) The body was probably hidden in some kind of crawl space beneath the floor covered over by a piece of furniture, or in a false back for the dresser in the corner that can't be opened from the inside when its up against the wall. Since Harawaki moved the dresser, chances are the placement of the dresser is key to how the body was hidden and locked into place until starved. 

I'm still not quite sure why Kyouko was killed. It probably has something to do with her figuring out the trick and having knowledge of the missing footage from the past. As she is a camera person, she probably has knowledge of cameras which we, and the rest of the group, may not have. If she had figured out the trick, and was refusing to talk until the police arrived, then this is more than enough reason to kill her to make sure that she doesn't talk to anyone. I don't think this murder was premeditated. It just seems awkward to me that the story they are trying to get us to believe is that someone who died from drinking poison just turned into a zombie. Something just seems off about it..... which is weird, because if this one hadn't been planned, then why wasn't it easier to catch or possibly interrupted? The people where all conveniently in separate rooms and didn't join together until possibly after the murder?

As for the trick, the blood splatter on Harawaki's face does not line up correctly, and something about the face in general doesn't seem the same as the face in the image before it. In addition to this, Kyouko's mouth is closed in one frame and open in the next. One of the things I noticed about all of the panels that we see of the "zombie" in the video on page 14 of 933 is that no matter what, you can't see the murderer's right hand. The person even walks backward towards the camera rather than turning around and walking towards it. Then suddenly we cut to the top of the next page and get an up close image of the face where we can see the right hand moving the camera phone. If anything, I think that the first half of the video is completely real and was filmed "today" and shows us someone wearing the same clothes as Producer Harawaki and shows them walking up with the cutter-knife in their right hand and stab her in the neck and then walk slowly backward with the knife still in their right hand so that we can't see it. Then there mist be a cut of some kind where there is a way to insert the face of the Producer in zombie makeup the way it is shown. As for the odd shape in the wall, the diagonal-down-right line, I think its possible that the killer may have noticed that the blood had some kind of identifying print in it that proved who they really were and removed it, which is why its not there in the room when the suspects all find the body. (continued below the images). 

footage2.pngblood3.png

phone2.png

Also I think that this phone is the killer's phone, and the killer is Baishou Orie, the lights staff person. Chances are, in this instance in order to have the phone already set up when Kyouko ran into the room and to manipulate the situation best, she would have had to use her own phone.  I believe that the reason the Producer rotated the phone so that it was facing down toward the floor is that he wanted to try to indicate the light, the flash, on the phone. Kyouko, as a camera person, and one who has knowledge of the footage from the past as well, may have put all the pieces together. This is why she was killed. Orie may not have noticed the flash itself, but did notice that the camera was flipped so that it has black screen. When committing the second murder, she copied this action to try to make it seem like he was doing the same thing again. The body of the Producer though is probably in the same location as where the younger brother's body in the past was hidden until he starved to death.  

Chances are, next file we will get something like Baishou Orie getting attacked by the Producer zombie somehow. If she did use her phone during the trick to kill Kyouko, its possible that she may use Kyouko's phone for this. However I kind of question if we will see the Producer again, whether on film or otherwise. Now that his body may be hidden, it would be really difficult to maneuver it well.

Also, just like in the last case.... she has different glasses in the present day than the ones in the flashback. Willing to give benefit of a doubt on that though since there is an 8 year gap and people do get new glasses occasionally.

I know this is obvious but I will say it anyway. On page 8 Ran and Kazuha find that dead guy there, that means he probably was moved when everyone was distracted, but how and when? I doubt it is easy to move a body that fast. 

I still haven't read the entire translated file, hopefully I will read that and the post above by tomorrow :)

Producer Harawaki's death video just seems to accurate to actually be faked. It would be incredibly difficult to get him to wear the correct clothes and get it all right about how he died and such. Its more likely that he was planning to film himself faking suicide and someone messed with the bottle or the container of the poison so he got poisoned for real. For example, someone could have delivered the water bottle to him with the poison already on it, while the poison container might not have actually had poison in it. Conan mentions that the poison container was labeled "potassium cyanide" but they did not indicate whether they actually checked the container itself for its contents. 

Chances are, Producer Harawaki probably knew the way the trick of hiding the younger brother worked. Most likely he created a situation where the person could not get out of the place he was hiding in, and attempted to scratch his way out, causing the fingernail damage. He then probably created the situation where the actress Kawabata became ill. If he refused to go back so that he could take care of her, then this creates a situation where none of the other people can leave as well because they can't drive... (that's still not enough reason that one of them couldn't have called the police though... unless they were also in a location with no cell service like the current location) The body was probably hidden in some kind of crawl space beneath the floor covered over by a piece of furniture, or in a false back for the dresser in the corner that can't be opened from the inside when its up against the wall. Since Harawaki moved the dresser, chances are the placement of the dresser is key to how the body was hidden and locked into place until starved. 

I'm still not quite sure why Kyouko was killed. It probably has something to do with her figuring out the trick and having knowledge of the missing footage from the past. As she is a camera person, she probably has knowledge of cameras which we, and the rest of the group, may not have. If she had figured out the trick, and was refusing to talk until the police arrived, then this is more than enough reason to kill her to make sure that she doesn't talk to anyone. I don't think this murder was premeditated. It just seems awkward to me that the story they are trying to get us to believe is that someone who died from drinking poison just turned into a zombie. Something just seems off about it..... which is weird, because if this one hadn't been planned, then why wasn't it easier to catch or possibly interrupted? The people where all conveniently in separate rooms and didn't join together until possibly after the murder?

As for the trick, the blood splatter on Harawaki's face does not line up correctly, and something about the face in general doesn't seem the same as the face in the image before it. In addition to this, Kyouko's mouth is closed in one frame and open in the next. One of the things I noticed about all of the panels that we see of the "zombie" in the video on page 14 of 933 is that no matter what, you can't see the murderer's right hand. The person even walks backward towards the camera rather than turning around and walking towards it. Then suddenly we cut to the top of the next page and get an up close image of the face where we can see the right hand moving the camera phone. If anything, I think that the first half of the video is completely real and was filmed "today" and shows us someone wearing the same clothes as Producer Harawaki and shows them walking up with the cutter-knife in their right hand and stab her in the neck and then walk slowly backward with the knife still in their right hand so that we can't see it. Then there mist be a cut of some kind where there is a way to insert the face of the Producer in zombie makeup the way it is shown. As for the odd shape in the wall, the diagonal-down-right line, I think its possible that the killer may have noticed that the blood had some kind of identifying print in it that proved who they really were and removed it, which is why its not there in the room when the suspects all find the body. (continued below the images). 
footage2.pngblood3.png
phone2.png
Also I think that this phone is the killer's phone, and the killer is Baishou Orie, the lights staff person. Chances are, in this instance in order to have the phone already set up when Kyouko ran into the room and to manipulate the situation best, she would have had to use her own phone.  I believe that the reason the Producer rotated the phone so that it was facing down toward the floor is that he wanted to try to indicate the light, the flash, on the phone. Kyouko, as a camera person, and one who has knowledge of the footage from the past as well, may have put all the pieces together. This is why she was killed. Orie may not have noticed the flash itself, but did notice that the camera was flipped so that it has black screen. When committing the second murder, she copied this action to try to make it seem like he was doing the same thing again. The body of the Producer though is probably in the same location as where the younger brother's body in the past was hidden until he starved to death.  

Chances are, next file we will get something like Baishou Orie getting attacked by the Producer zombie somehow. If she did use her phone during the trick to kill Kyouko, its possible that she may use Kyouko's phone for this. However I kind of question if we will see the Producer again, whether on film or otherwise. Now that his body may be hidden, it would be really difficult to maneuver it well.

Also, just like in the last case.... she has different glasses in the present day than the ones in the flashback. Willing to give benefit of a doubt on that though since there is an 8 year gap and people do get new glasses occasionally.

I agree, Jimmy.

I'd be quite surprised if Orie wasn't the murderer who set up these tricks.

The case is in Gunma—enter Yamamura... <_<

There's something about Kyoko's shirt being important (on point, Jimmy!).

Apparently, Yamamura does something that leads Shinichi/Conan and Heiji to getting that "solved the case" expression.

a bit more

Presumenothing: heiji asks the zombies outside if anything left/entered by the window

Presumenothing: iirc yamamura's rosary broke, the beads fell into the open top drawer but came out of the bottom one, leading to conan and heiji's "naru hodo" moment

Could the video's trick have any similarity to "Everyone Saw"?

I would hope not, since that wasn't really that long ago, and was also a Heiji involved case

it would be a little weird. 

With 934 out, it seems that the cabinet was key to the trick behind the murder of the director's brother. With no translation, my guess is that when the beads in Yamamura's... charm?... fell into the drawers, it was something about them rolling around in there and not being visible that led Shinichi/Conan and Heiji to figure things out.

Sleeping Yamamura? Last time he was in a Heiji case, Shinichi/Conan and Heiji didn't make use of him, so it's up in the air whether Shinichi/Conan will put him to sleep or not. You'd think Shinichi/Conan wouldn't dare, considering he's responsible for making this "hack" an inspector, in the first place.

Gosho will probably take a break after next week's file, I think.

Spoiler summary here by presumenothing

people – Naitou Tetsuto (director), Kawabata Ria (actress), Harawaki Takashi (producer)Ejiri Kyouko (camerawoman), Baishou Orie (lighting), Ninomiya Masahachi (sound) + Naitou Jouji (Tetsuto’s brother, director from 8 years ago)

• Heiji says that the bloody penknife was used to cut Kyouko’s neck, and asks the zombies outside the window if anything/anyone left through it – they say that no one has opened the window for the past hour
  • Conan asked the zombies outside the window at the end of the hallway too – they don’t remember who entered which room, but no one moved the body out of the room
  • Heiji says this means someone hid the body in the room, and starts a search to no avail
  • at which point it’s revealed that this is the same room where Jouji was found dead by Ria and Kyouko, and a flat cart went missing even before Jouji disappeared
  • a swirly-eyed Ran appears to say that the zombies have brought a police officer from Gunma – it’s Yamamura, who attempts to ward off the zombies with prayer beads his grandmother gave him (because he runs into supernatural cases so often)
  • it’s also revealed that no one watched the footage from 8 years ago (Jouji said he would edit it himself) – Harawaki told Ninomiya he saved the footage from 8 years ago on his tablet, but all the content has been deleted
  • Orie shows a group photo she took of everyone from 8 years ago – Kyouko was wearing a shirt with “E” (for her first name) which she had in several colours – and says that Kyouko had mentioned wanting to shower and change clothes during a break in filming
  • Kazuha says that there were no spare toilet rolls left when she went to the restroom earlier, but one reappeared when she went just now, which leads to…
  • p15: Heiji “But, the usage of that thing, I think I…” Conan “Understand it now…” Ran “Eh? Conan-kun understands it too?” Conan “Ah, no…” “I was just imitating Heiji-niichan…”
  • Yamamura’s prayer beads break, scattering the beads everywhere – one which fell into the open top drawer somehow rolls out from the bottom drawer, and the two detectives realise something from this…?

Any predictions for the solution of the case?

I don't really get the clue that hack detective gave to Conan and Heiji, just makes me think it says instead of someone jumping off the window someone walked downstairs(maybe in zombie disguise) and then climbed up? That would make it similar to what happened to that bead.

I also wonder if the zombie recording(the one in which that dead guy killed the woman) was filmed before that guy died. Any opinions on that?

Any predictions for the solution of the case?

I don't really get the clue that hack detective gave to Conan and Heiji, just makes me think it says instead of someone jumping off the window someone walked downstairs(maybe in zombie disguise) and then climbed up? That would make it similar to what happened to that bead.

I also wonder if the zombie recording(the one in which that dead guy killed the woman) was filmed before that guy died. Any opinions on that?

It would take a long time to retype all of the guesses I've seen

there are a bunch here : http://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12954&start=105

things like the dresser having a shorter top drawer or something and the body being able to hide in it.

stuff about the video being filmed in the past

other interesting things that came up in 934 are that

there was a missing flat moving cart

there is a tablet computer in the pocket of the dead producer's jacket.

text spoilers for 935 should be out by sometime Saturday (most likely in the next 10 hours)

and it will probably tell us what happened. 

Hmm... So according to the spoilers the videos were indeed 8 year old videos. In my opinion that was a little to predictable, and we have had cases with similar tricks before, for example a recent one that comes to mind is Shuukichi's intro case.

I think the real trick in this case is how that guy's body went missing and where it is right now.

Not trying to say it was terrible, it was definitely quite an interesting case, but I think it should have been a little less predictable.The first hype raised was about the bunch of zombies that surrounded the house, which turned out to be simply some extras, the zombie who got under the car was also simply one of them. The entire trick with the videos was also too predictable. Kogoro's mushroom poisoning was absolutely irrelevant to the case(I thought the bioluminescent mushrooms would have something to do with the case, or maybe something about poisonous mushrooms), it was simply to give Kogoro more of a zombie effect. This case I think would be quite entertaining in anime, but I just have a gut feeling it could have gone better.

Btw any idea when the next file(936) would come out? It said we had a one week break, does anybody know if it would extend or not? I also thought this case would be a little longer, so that it ends closer to Halloween :P  Wonder if the next case would be another spook case or even another Heiji case maybe :D

We might also get a BO case soon, by new year, and if not then by April next year, because the movie is going to have RUM :D

Hmm... So according to the spoilers the videos were indeed 8 year old videos. In my opinion that was a little to predictable, and we have had cases with similar tricks before, for example a recent one that comes to mind is Shuukichi's intro case.

I think the real trick in this case is how that guy's body went missing and where it is right now.

Not trying to say it was terrible, it was definitely quite an interesting case, but I think it should have been a little less predictable.The first hype raised was about the bunch of zombies that surrounded the house, which turned out to be simply some extras, the zombie who got under the car was also simply one of them. The entire trick with the videos was also too predictable. Kogoro's mushroom poisoning was absolutely irrelevant to the case(I thought the bioluminescent mushrooms would have something to do with the case, or maybe something about poisonous mushrooms), it was simply to give Kogoro more of a zombie effect. This case I think would be quite entertaining in anime, but I just have a gut feeling it could have gone better.

Shukichi's intro case had a suicide note from the past—not a video. As I've said, I really don't think the murderer could've pulled off the disguise required to make the second video be recorded at the very moment Kyoko was murdered.

Of course they weren't real zombies—this isn't Magic Kaito, you know.  ;) Heiji's and Shinichi's/Conan's reaction to them was hilarious, though. 

What could've been done with the mushrooms? I don't know how they could've related to the case.

Cases can always be better or worse than what we get.

Btw any idea when the next file(936) would come out? It said we had a one week break, does anybody know if it would extend or not? I also thought this case would be a little longer, so that it ends closer to Halloween :P  Wonder if the next case would be another spook case or even another Heiji case maybe :D

It would've said so if it was a two week break—we can likely expect the next spoilers on the 16th or the 17th.

Typically, Heiji cases can go like this: 1) 3-6 File case only, or 2) 3-4 File case followed by a 4–7 File case. The only exception to this rule was Murderer, Shinichi Kudo (File 646–File 651/Episode 521 and Episode 522) and Highway Murder Case (File 652–File 654/Episode 522 and Episode 523), and that was a story involving the temporary antidote and the first meeting between Shinichi and Ran since Desperate Revival (File 257–File 260). There's the potential of a 3 File Heiji case coming out next, but it's low—I don't see the point of Gosho doing it unless he's got something to add to the sequence of events that began in File 931.

We might also get a BO case soon, by new year, and if not then by April next year, because the movie is going to have RUM :D

Unless it's just an unheard voice or text message.

Most likely, though, Gosho will have a new Rum-plot story out by April—or have it written and ready to release by April—hence Rum's appearance in the movie. We haven't really got Rum info since File 908—unless you count Shinichi/Conan suspecting Kansuke and Kuroda of being Rum—we're certainly due.

File 935 Chinese: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4084505793

Alternate Link: http://imgur.com/a/LomJw

Spoilers from Japanese blog (Translations by Fujiwara)

Title: You Can't See the Forest For the Trees

Break next week

Turns out the videos on both smart phones were actually from 8 years ago. That's why Harawaki doesn't have a beard and there's an 'E' on Kyouko's clothes. The culprit was Ria. 
Also, Hattori nearly confesses to Kazuha, but is interrupted by some zombie extras who got the audition time wrong. (Surprise, surprise :V)

Kazuha: Ya had somethin' important to tell me, right?
Heiji: Kazuha, I've been thinkin' this fer quite a while now... The truth is…
enter zombies

• Upvote 1

By the way could anyone please explain what were they talking about the toilet paper?

it was a way to see through the envelope to know what the sub-title of the movie was so they would be able to make a suicide note to put on the phone for Producer Harawaki's death. In 934 Kazuha explained that a roll of toilet paper had disappeared earlier and then reappeared.  

Spoiler summary for File 935 from presumenothing:

• while Yamamura’s busy convincing the other police that A ZOMBIE DID IT!!! ….
  • p2: Heiji “This is bad… if this goes on, the zombie will really be treated as the murderer…” Conan “Yeah…” “Then, as usual, we’ll solve the mystery together…” Heiji “Then I’ll leave the toilet roll to you, and take charge of this delicious deduction…” Kazuha “Those two are really close…” Ran “Yeah…”
  • so it turns out that Heiji and Kazuha didn’t ride the bike all the way from Osaka (they took the shinkansen/bullet train to Tokyo and rented a bike from there), but he invited her along because he said there was something important he wanted to tell her…?
  • p3: Yamamura “Eh!?” “You already know who killed Harawaki-san and Kyouko-san, and you’re going to do the deduction!?” “Not Mouri-san, but you!?” Heiji “Yeah… Me and this kid here…” Ran “Conan-kun knows the criminal too?” Conan “N-no!” “I’m just helping out Heiji-niisan!”
  • both videos were taken 8 years ago – each smartphone was used to record the footage on Harawaki’s tablet, then placed facedown on the floor/chair while continuing to record
  • evidence is difference in Harawaki’s beard and Kyouko’s lipstick/hairstyle/shirt
  • spare toilet roll was used to see the contents of the envelope (by blocking the light so it can’t reflect off the white envelope)
  • Harawaki’s body is hidden on the cart behind the cupboard drawers, with the same trick that Jouji set up and used to disappear 8 years ago – although it can be done by 1 person, Jouji was unable to push the drawers out and escape, probably because the others moved the cupboard while looking for him
  • however, the fact that Jouji’s body was found sitting in the room means that someone knew where he was hiding – it’s Ria, who first killed Harawaki then Kyouko (who apparently realised what happened), and used the trick she heard from Jouji 8 years ago
  • evidence is Ria asking Conan to check under the bed (because he might’ve been able to see Harawaki’s body from his height), and the pause before she screamed when Jouji’s body was found (she was moving the body from the cupboard)
  • Ria actually hadn’t known that the cupboard was at a position where Jouji couldn’t open it, so his death was an unfortunate incident – but Harawaki found that Jouji had written curses at Ria on the inside of the cupboard with blood, and threatened her with it
  • Conan stops Ran from sending Heiji and Kazuha off as they’re leaving, because Heiji had something important to say…
  • (translation from Fujiwara at DCTP) p15: Kazuha “Ya had somethin’ important to tell me, right?” Heiji “Kazuha, I’ve been thinkin’ this fer quite a while now… The truth is…” *enter zombies*
  • (sigh)
  • #935, last frame: Conan (thinking) “Anyway, I don’t owe him anything now…”

I've just caught up with the Manga and am just wondering how responsive Souka are with the scanlations? I realise that the manga is a few weeks behind anyway.

I've just caught up with the Manga and am just wondering how responsive Souka are with the scanlations? I realise that the manga is a few weeks behind anyway.

Souka translated chapters for a while and the originally went on hiatus due to some issues around chapter 913 or so, then some people on tumblr took over the translations. Souka only just recently returned to translating with ch 928. When they returned they had this to say:

"As most of you noticed, I quit translating DC last winter because my interest in the series had reached the lowest of lows and I could hardly bring myself to look at a file, much less translate it. I was, of course, hoping that Souka would continue without me, and was very sad to see that that didn't work out. That being said, this is not an 'I'm back' sort of post. More like a hiatus of the hiatus. I won't promise that it will last farther than the current case, but I hope you'll enjoy this release anyway. ;)"

They made it through that case and several chapters into this Zombie Blade case, but haven't said anything since. We are only two chapters behind (934 and 935) but there is a break this week, so who knows. We might see 934 out, we might not. Until someone does end up translating it, we can still look at the nice chinese translations or the Japanese raws. A japanese website called 2ch has been giving text only spoilers 3 days before the chapters actually come out. People over at the DCTP spoiler box still translate chunks of text from the chapters so that we can still get an idea of whats going on even if we don't have a full chapter. Presumenothing has been giving summaries of the chinese translations in english over on tumblr.

934 2ch spoilers : (didnt get translated, but revealed which police member arrived!)

934 Chinese : http://imgur.com/a/rZ2L3

934 summary : http://presumenothing.tumblr.com/post/130106794340/detective-conan-file-934

935 2ch spoilers: 

Title: You Can't See the Forest For the Trees

Break next week

Turns out the videos on both smart phones were actually from 8 years ago. That's why Harawaki doesn't have a beard and there's an 'E' on Kyouko's clothes. The culprit was Ria. 

Also, Hattori nearly confesses to Kazuha, but is interrupted by some zombie extras who got the audition time wrong. (Surprise, surprise :V)

Kazuha: Ya had somethin' important to tell me, right?

Heiji: Kazuha, I've been thinkin' this fer quite a while now... The truth is…

enter zombies

935 Chinese : http://imgur.com/a/LomJw

935 summary : http://presumenothing.tumblr.com/post/130622412370/detective-conan-file-935