Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
User 4869

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 931-935: Zombie Movie Murder Case

For some reason the suspicions arcs have always progressed in Heiji cases recently. It started with Murderer, Kudo Shinichi and then The Whereabouts of the Embarrassing Charm when Ran comments about Conan's fingerprints being on Heiji's onamori. There have been more incidents since then, but I can't remember the exact chapters.

can the symphony case and desperate revival be qualified  

can the symphony case and desperate revival be qualified  

I feel like that was round 2 of suspicion which kind of quit/resolved after Ran learned Shinichi's phone number (483). This round 3 technically started back in 188 but has only become an issue since file 651/693.

Ran's Suspicions

1st: File 26–File 29 (Monthly Presents Case; suspicions defused by Agasa calling Ran in Shinichi's voice)

2nd: File 131–File 257 (Magician's Suicide Case (File 131–File 134)—School Play Case (File 255–File 257); longest running period of Ran believing/being consciously aware that Shinichi is Conan—defused by Shiho/Ai disguising as Conan, Shinichi taking the first temporary antidote for APTX 4869, and them both appearing together in front of Ran)

3rd: File 479–File 483 (Suspicious Cellphone Case; suspicions defused by Shinichi/Conan using two identical phones and recording himself with Shinichi's voice)

File 484–now — no suspicion arcs; Murderer Shinichi Kudo (File 646–File 651) and Kazuha's Charm Case (File 693–File 695) give Ran evidence in the form of Shinichi/Conan touching Heiji's charm in File 188 (Stabbed Wallet Case) and also the fact that Shinichi could not have escaped the cabin unless he was the size of a child after being locked in. Ran referenced their bath together in File 84 (Kogoro's Class Reunion Murder Case) in File 667 (Scar and Ginger Case) with an enigmatic look, complete with blushing, on her face, offered to take a bath with him, again, but then retracted her offer almost immediately. It's been nearly 20 volumes since the confession, but she still hasn't responded, even saying that she feels like she'll "crash back to reality" if she faces him... what else would make her do so but the fact that Shinichi has confessed to her before revealing his secret? It's almost as if she's subconsciously suspecting him. Speaking of which, Shinichi's/Conan's claim that he and Ran would grow apart if he confessed while he was still Conan hasn't proved true. In File 894 (Scarlet Showdown), she wants to watch the Macademy Awards with Shinichi/Conan because Yusaku has been nominated—when Kogoro points out that she wants to watch Shinichi's father win an award with Conan, she gives an "I see" of realization. Same goes for thinking Shinichi/Conan had solved the case in File 694/5.

With this 11 year buildup—essentially the 2nd half of DC, up to now, going without a real suspicion arc, having so many subtle occurrences and Shinichi's confession, of all things—one can wonder if the next suspicion arc will be the last... here's hoping.

Ran getting suspicious about Conan is now getting as repetitive as Kaito disguising as Shinichi :D I guess we are fine without it for now ^^

What intrigues me is how Kogoro and Ran didn't ask Conan about his parents, or at least tried to contact his parents. I mean it isn't normal for a couple to leave their child with someone they have never met before for almost TWENTY an entire year :P Guess we will not see that until the final revelation.

I'm betting its the actors for the night scene shootings. Since its a C-class type horror movie, it probably has a low budget. They probably asked other people to show up in zombie makeup to be in the movie that way they wouldn't have to pay zombie actors or pay a makeup staff. 

Yeah seems like that is the only explanation.

I mentioned somewhere before that it would be a little pointless and too obvious if they are the actors, but that might very well be the only explanation to it. Also, I also noted that they seem to be moving/behaving quite a bit strange, I mean unlike ep. 345 they really don't have a reason to act like that when no one really is watching them, but I understand it might be shown like that just to create a scary effect :)

BTW, does anyone know if there are any plans for a break yet? I guess we don't have one this week right?

What intrigues me is how Kogoro and Ran didn't ask Conan about his parents, or at least tried to contact his parents. I mean it isn't normal for a couple to leave their child with someone they have never met before for almost TWENTY an entire year :P Guess we will not see that until the final revelation.

But they met Conan's mother (Yukiko in disguise) and she asked Ran and Kogoro to take care of him and Yukiko payed Kogoro an enourmous amount of money as compensation for taking care of him. So, it's not like they don't know anything about them.

But they met Conan's mother (Yukiko in disguise) and she asked Ran and Kogoro to take care of him and Yukiko payed Kogoro an enourmous amount of money as compensation for taking care of him. So, it's not like they don't know anything about them.

Yeah I know that but it was very long ago, episode 43. By DC timeline it was just a few days after Shinichi shrank, and what is even more unusual is that they were very curious about Conan's parents until then, but suddenly after that never cared about them, like not even try to contact them, or say hi, or whatever.

Yet of course it doesn't really matter much. :)

BTW, does anyone know if there are any plans for a break yet? I guess we don't have one this week right?

This weeks chapter was 932, its just not in english yet. 

the one where the zombies appear outside the house

There have been no plans for break announced

932 says that the next chapter will be in the next shonen sunday

Ran getting suspicious about Conan is now getting as repetitive as Kaito disguising as Shinichi :D

No; we've gone without a suspicion arc for 11 years—for literally over half of the series, up to now.

What intrigues me is how Kogoro and Ran didn't ask Conan about his parents, or at least tried to contact his parents. I mean it isn't normal for a couple to leave their child with someone they have never met before for almost TWENTY an entire year :P

It's not like Ran wants him to leave, and Kogoro... well... $^$... 

The bad parents card can be played, if necessary, but it was only really an issue for the first couple Volumes... after that, Gosho thought that was enough, moved on, and hasn't looked back. It's probably not even going to come up again. (Ready to be quoted in case it does  :rolleyes: )

Thanks Jimmy! So the spoilers for 933 are gonna come out by tomorrow right?

No; we've gone without a suspicion arc for 11 years—for literally over half of the series, up to now.

It's not like Ran wants him to leave, and Kogoro... well... $^$... 

The bad parents card can be played, if necessary, but it was only really an issue for the first couple Volumes... after that, Gosho thought that was enough, moved on, and hasn't looked back. It's probably not even going to come up again. (Ready to be quoted in case it does  :rolleyes: )

Well, I  actually mean it probably wouldn't be as exciting anymore... that's also probably the reason why we haven't had a suspicion case for long, we know Conan is going to somehow make up things and prove to not be guilty, so not much suspense there is all that I meant :)

Yeah, well as I mentioned Gosho didn't think it is something too important, IMO ep. 43 was a masterpiece and that parent suspicion case was just made to introduce shinichi's cool parents in a cool way! :D

From a real life point of view it doesn't make sense though that she will never even try to contact them for so long, not because she wants Conan to leave, but just out of curiosity maybe. She also doesn't seem surprised to learn that Conan and Shinichi know each other so well, and they supposedly secretly talk to each other on the phone all the time. Another thing is that Gosho makes it seem as if as soon as there is one way to trick her she forgets everything, what I mean is for eg. when Ran made up a story about one of her school's teachers getting married, Conan said ah that gorilla got married or something like that. Even though Agasa voiced as Shinichi and called her, did she really forget about it? Like how on earth could Conan know?Surely it's not that Shinichi told him, because that would mean they talk to each other a LOT for Conan to know something that minor, in which case it is suspicious because until only a few days before that Shinichi was with Ran a lot yet never mentioned Conan.

In conclusion, I am sure there are quite a few minor flaws in this part of the plot, but there is not much that can be done about it, and it isn't anything important for the  rest of the plot so Gosho probably decided to not think too much about it :) Though in general it does seems Ran is quite convinced about shinichi and conan being different so not a big deal :D

Sorry for going way out of topic though ^^

Thanks Jimmy! So the spoilers for 933 are gonna come out by tomorrow right?

sometime in the next 4-8 hours text only spoilers will appear at this page in Japanese

http://festy.jp/web/posts/3800

The information originates from 2ch and has been accurate for the last few weeks

on a separate note

I just noticed that the brother that died in the past has dark smears on his fingers.

almost as if he was like buried alive and dug his way out maybe? would fit the whole zombie theme.

The chinese file makes the smears look a bit dark, but if you search for the

Japanese raw file you can see the smears a little bit better. 

we know Conan is going to somehow make up things and prove to not be guilty, so not much suspense there is all that I meant :)

I'd shake my head at Gosho if after 11 years, the next suspicion arc ends like the other 3—especially with the confession, and all that I mentioned about this period of DC, in terms of her suspicions, now, having differences from her suspicions, before. I know we've likely got over 2 arcs before the end, but...

as soon as there is one way to trick her she forgets everything, what I mean is for eg. when Ran made up a story about one of her school's teachers getting married, Conan said ah that gorilla got married or something like that.

Again, early file inconsistencies—she does remember that bath, though ;)—and I think she's in denial about the whole thing, as well; to face the truth that Shinichi is lying to her and deceiving her is something she doesn't want to do. She's subconsciously connected the two, and even wished that he was Shinichi (File 379), but after the confession, she keeps avoiding him, because she thinks she'll crash back to reality. Why? Because she can't escape the feeling that Shinichi isn't being honest with her.

I personally think it would've been better if Desperate Revival happened much later on in the series (any point after Holmes' Revelation, especially), and Ran knew Conan's identity from then on.

Whether something else will happen in this case to add to Ran's suspicions is up in the air... as is the matter of Heiji's confession—the topic hasn't even come up. It could've been that they both haven't talked about it since File 912, and it'll only come up again when they're in a more iconic place (which is what Heiji is waiting for).

text spoilers stuff

the zombies are there for extras auditions

Heiji fights the zombies

the producer's body has disappeared

The camera woman is dead

her phone captured a video of the producer, now a zombie, attacking her

No break next week 

due to holiday circumstances the magazine was released in some areas early

spoiler pics came early

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4053031428

Heiji has the sword!

he decapitated one of the zombies????

ALSO:  while I was typing this post, more stuff happened......

full file chinese : http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4053300940

Seems that the camerawoman's not the culprit. :-X Don't tell me she's going to appear as a zombie, next... :P

The video could've been from an earlier point in time, when her and the producer were still alive, and they were filming a scene like that for some reason. The only other possibility is a disguise, and unless Vermouth is somehow mixed up in all this... :lol: ... I don't think that anyone could've disguised themselves so well.

Still no police... maybe next file, now that two bodies have hit the floor?

First Kawanakajima, now this... 2015 was one of the bloodiest years, huh?

Seems that the camerawoman's not the culprit. :-X Don't tell me she's going to appear as a zombie, next... :P

The video could've been from an earlier point in time, when her and the producer were still alive, and they were filming a scene like that for some reason. The only other possibility is a disguise, and unless Vermouth is somehow mixed up in all this... :lol: ... I don't think that anyone could've disguised themselves so well.

It was bloody indeed :D

The animation for this one is gonna be awesome! ^^

I can't think of it being anything besides an older video; might be the same for the other guy's death.

This seems to be a long case :D

So one less suspect now, the actress could be the murderer, who knows.

It was bloody indeed :D

The animation for this one is gonna be awesome! ^^

I can't think of it being anything besides an older video; might be the same for the other guy's death.

This seems to be a long case :D

So one less suspect now, the actress could be the murderer, who knows.

Conan told Ran to ask one of the zombies to call the police according to Presumenothing 

so maybe police soon

the blood stain on the wall matches up to well with what is on the tape, so I don't know if I buy the idea that it was filmed in advance

unless the blood stain has somehow been on the wall the whole time and was covered somehow. 

Also, the Producer is wearing a different set of pants

In the video of him poisoning himself, we can see that he wears jeans with a belt (look at the Jap raw, you can see it better)

and in this chapter's video, he is wearing completely black pants.

Also, the camera woman is wearing a different shirt than she was earlier. 
She was wearing a grey spotted shirt, and now she wears a white one which is in the video
given the way the blood lines up, I want to say the shirt was changed before the murder rather
than the murderer changing the clothes afterword 

I still think its going to be the light staff person, the one with glasses.

we are down to 4 suspects. probably only 2 more files. 

Conan told Ran to ask one of the zombies to call the police according to Presumenothing 

so maybe police soon

the blood stain on the wall matches up to well with what is on the tape, so I don't know if I buy the idea that it was filmed in advance

unless the blood stain has somehow been on the wall the whole time and was covered somehow. 

Also, the Producer is wearing a different set of pants

In the video of him poisoning himself, we can see that he wears jeans with a belt (look at the Jap raw, you can see it better)

and in this chapter's video, he is wearing completely black pants.

Also, the camera woman is wearing a different shirt than she was earlier. 
She was wearing a grey spotted shirt, and now she wears a white one which is in the video
given the way the blood lines up, I want to say the shirt was changed before the murder rather
than the murderer changing the clothes afterword 

I still think its going to be the light staff person, the one with glasses.

we are down to 4 suspects. probably only 2 more files. 

The producer appears quite dead, when he's found—I really don't think he could've faked that... is there a way he could have? Him being the murderer after faking his death seems a bit obvious, now, anyway.

The changing clothes is part of the trick, undoubtedly.

Maybe if it was filmed in advance, the person filming it is the murderer—the reason I suggest it was is because it could have been duplicated, this time, except it was for real, and how she was killed was very different.

The lighting staff woman and the actress are the least suspicious, as it stands—the "..." of the director in File 931 is suspicious, as is the attitude of the sound staff man—so one of them is likely the murderer.

File 932/933 summaries/dialog from presumenothing

file 932: funeral procession of the departed

• Harawaki died of potassium cyanide poisoning between 30 mins to 1 hour earlier, plastic bottle and bottle labelled potassium cyanide found under table
  • p2-3: Masahachi “H-how do you know all this?” Kyouko “Who are you?” Heiji “I’m Hattori Heiji… of some little repute in Kansai… the high school detective of the West…” Tetsuto “H-high school detective?” Orie “You say the west, does the east have one too?” Heiji “Of course!” “He’s standing right in front of you… it’s this brat…” Conan (thinking) *Oi, oi!?* Heiji “A high schooler he knows very well, named Kudo Shinichi!” Kazuha “If it’s about Kudo-kun, Ran-chan should know him even better… right?” Ran “Ah, yes…”
  • smartphone video recording (taken with the phone placed against a pack of cigarettes on the floor based on the angle, and started on a timer) shows him poisoning and consuming the water, then stumbling backwards, falling, reaching out to grab the phone and knocking it down onto the floor
  • p6: Conan (on recording) “Damn! He’s not breathing anymore…” Ran *Eh?* “That… was Conan’s voice?” “It felt a little like Shinichi’s…” Conan “Ah, no…” *This is bad!!* Heiji “He’s imitating me!” “Because this brat is always looking at dead bodies with me, he imitated my speech even though he obviously doesn’t know anything!” “Looks like this brat really admires me!” Conan “Yeah! I want to become a detective like Heiji-niichan too!” Kazuha “You two are as close as brothers!” Ran “It’s true…”
  • p6-7: Conan “Hattori…” “Thanks for covering for me…” “Looks like I’m safe…” Heiji “Kudo…” “You owe me one…” Conan *This guy… he still hasn’t forgotten about my recording of his confession, has he…*
  • an unsettling memo was on his phone, addressed to the director’s deceased brother Naitou Jouji, and an envelope with the movie’s subtitle, “Funeral Procession of the Departed”
  • 8 years ago, the crew and Jouji were here to make a zombie horror film for a school festival when he suddenly suggested making it a mystery film instead with the real murderer as a human rather than a zombie, and that he’d show them by disappearing
  • Jouji asked them to wait 10 minutes, and when they went inside he’d really disappeared from the room – after looking for him, everyone went back to town in Harawaki’s car, then Ria fell ill for three days
  • on the fourth day, they returned to find Jouji in that room – he’d died half a day ago (according to the police) and there were signs that he’d been scratching at something until his fingernails were about to fall off, but there were no scratches anywhere in the room
  • it’s revealed that Harawaki was the only one who could drive, Heiji’s motorcycle is out of gas, and there isn’t cell phone reception there
  • the school film was never finished, and the previous footage is missing – Kyouko says that they might be able to understand Harawaki’s suicide if they had the footage, but refuses to elaborate before the police arrive
  • Kazuha asks Ran to go to the restroom together with her, but a zombie-like figure suddenly appears on the staris behind them – it turns out to be Kogoro, who claims that there are zombies surrounding the villa… 

file 933: man-eating zombies

• Heiji says they’re going to have to stay overnight, so Ran suggests walking down the mountain to get food and call the police at a convenience store the filming crew had used before
  • when Kogoro says (again) that there are zombies outside, Heiji pulls the curtain aside to reveal –
  • p4: Heiji “What are all these…” Conan “M-movie extras… of some sort?”
  • – a whole horde of zombies, which the crew doesn’t appear to know about either…
  • p5: Heiji “Kazuha, you guys take occhan and go up to the second floor!” Kazuha “B-but Heiji…” Heiji “Don’t worry! I won’t let even one get up to the second floor!!” Kazuha “O-okay…”
  • Kazuha and Ran initially go to the room where Harawaki’s body is
  • meanwhile, Heiji fights the zombies with the Zombie Blade, with Conan helping when he’s about to get overwhelmed, and when he swings the blade at the apparent leader –
  • p9: *zombie head flies off* Heiji “Eh?” “I-it came off!!” “K-Kudo… what now?” Conan “F-forget it, look at that, Hattori!!” “This one is moving even with the head chopped off” Heiji “What!?” “I was thinking that this was a gang of robbers dressed as zombies…” “But if they’re really monsters, I can only send all of you to hell…”
  • – followed by p10: zombies “Wait…” “Wait a moment…” Conan+Heiji “Eh?”
  • as it turns out, it’s an audition for movie extras, which Harawaki had announced on a super secret blog, and he was supposed to jump out and say “prank successful” at an appropriate time
  • just as Heiji and Conan realise that someone who’d planned something like this wouldn’t have killed himself, a scream comes from above…
  • p12: Conan “Looks like some movie extras got in through the second floor window…” Heiji “This is really troublesome…” “Kazuha! Those aren’t zombies…” Kazuha “H-Heiji…”
  • Ran and Kazuha found Kyouko (camerawoman) dead, with her carotid artery severed
  • p13: Conan “Ran-neechan, hurry and ask those zombies below to call the police!” Ran “A-a-ask the zombies!?”
  • Conan finds Kyouko’s smartphone on the chair, still recording, and the video shows her being pursued by someone who bites her neck – revealed to be a zombie!Harawaki right before he knocks the phone down again
  • Conan and Heiji run to the room where Harawaki’s body had been, but it’s disappeared, leaving only Kyouko’s outer shirt, and a penknife stained with fresh blood…

If police is going to arrive next file, I hope we're getting to see Kuroda in person after 3 cases. Like we haven't seen him much after Gosho introduced him, I think it was around January.

to be honest though, thats mainly because of the months of break. 

Characters disappearing for like 6 to 10 cases is completely normal 

If police is going to arrive next file, I hope we're getting to see Kuroda in person after 3 cases. Like we haven't seen him much after Gosho introduced him, I think it was around January.

I wonder how "involved" Kuroda will be, but I wouldn't expect to see the superintendent popping up after every case. (Who knows though with his random appearance at the end of 920)

I do wonder what prefecture will be involved with this case. Guess we'll find out next file. 

Didn't get time to read all of it yet, but does it remind anyone else of "The Evil Spirit Appears on An Unlucky Day" case(files 494-498)?

I can't help but think the trick is similar, though we have no proof that there is a twin. In that case maybe somebody else had a plastic surgery or something, like the "Murderer, Kudo Shinichi" case.

Would make perfect sense then, what do you guys think?