Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
User 4869

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 931-935: Zombie Movie Murder Case

Budget cuts

They can only aford him so much per page now, cause there are more suspects this time around

What do you mean by that?

I personally think it might have to do something with the case.

The guy who was killed seems to have died of poison, I am starting to thing the mushroom might have something to do with it. If not, it might be for some other reason, it would be too silly for Gosho if it is absolutely irrelevant.

BTW when u say the chubby lady is the killer, is there a reason or just a guess or gut feeling?

However you might be right, could be that she is the director's sibling's lover(assuming the sibling was a guy).

IMO so far nothing too impressive... I have a hunch that this case might get more interesting over time, because so far even the Teitan Elementary ghost case seems to have been more interesting of a horror case than this xD

I feel that this case might go for 5-6 more files(because OBVIOUSLY it's going to end around halloween) if it doesnt have more than one or two breaks before the case ends.

What do you mean by that?

I personally think it might have to do something with the case.

The guy who was killed seems to have died of poison, I am starting to thing the mushroom might have something to do with it. If not, it might be for some other reason, it would be too silly for Gosho if it is absolutely irrelevant.

BTW when u say the chubby lady is the killer, is there a reason or just a guess or gut feeling?

However you might be right, could be that she is the director's sibling's lover(assuming the sibling was a guy).

IMO so far nothing too impressive... I have a hunch that this case might get more interesting over time, because so far even the Teitan Elementary ghost case seems to have been more interesting of a horror case than this xD

I feel that this case might go for 5-6 more files(because OBVIOUSLY it's going to end around halloween) if it doesnt have more than one or two breaks before the case ends.

its a gut feeling for now. I have not thought about it too much, and will most likely think about it during the weekend. Its heiji and conan in a country side case...yeah

Well I do hope this to be as long as the vampire case(that's also horror related, can somebody confirm if it was around halloween too?) so I think this case is gonna be pretty complicated... Can't wait for the next file :D

Who wants to bet we are gonna have another murder next file? ^^

BTW with subs(thanks fuji!) it makes a lot more sense. So the zombie picture on one of the panels was not from a shooting but someone actually did see it, I can bet the anime version of this is gonna be awesome! :D
The only thing that is odd right now is if a person disguised as a zombie really did get hit by a car, how come he or she walk normally? The only explanation that comes to mind is that somebody purposely dressed as a zombie, waited in the dark for a car to pass by, when it came threw something heavy towards it to make the driver believe it was an animal or something and the before the driver came out the person quickly hid under the car, so it was deliberate.
In that case, there has to be a reason why the person would try to spread a rumour, perhaps it was just to kill people dressed up as a zombie and make it really seem like a zombie did it. If not, it might just be that the person was practicing or something like that and got hit by a car but not too hard. Though I believe the former option is more likely because getting hit by a car is a big deal.
Kogoro getting poisoned by a mushroom might be some kind of a hint, so far it seems the guy who was killed was probably poisoned and as fuji said, the video is probably of a zombie killing him. Any ideas or comments on this?

BTW did anyone notice most of Heiji cases are being ghost related now? Vampire, Kamaitachi and now zombie :P

In case fuji didnt make it clear enough, the part where Heiji came out of nowhere and whispered to Conan "Zombies do exist" and Conan replied "there is no way such a thing..." and then he said "THEY CAME!!" after realizing Heiji is there, in the jap versioin I think he actually meant zombies appeared, referring heiji as a zombie xD

Well I do hope this to be as long as the vampire case(that's also horror related, can somebody confirm if it was around halloween too?) so I think this case is gonna be pretty complicated... Can't wait for the next file :D

Who wants to bet we are gonna have another murder next file? ^^

BTW with subs(thanks fuji!) it makes a lot more sense. So the zombie picture on one of the panels was not from a shooting but someone actually did see it, I can bet the anime version of this is gonna be awesome! :D

The only thing that is odd right now is if a person disguised as a zombie really did get hit by a car, how come he or she walk normally? The only explanation that comes to mind is that somebody purposely dressed as a zombie, waited in the dark for a car to pass by, when it came threw something heavy towards it to make the driver believe it was an animal or something and the before the driver came out the person quickly hid under the car, so it was deliberate.

In that case, there has to be a reason why the person would try to spread a rumour, perhaps it was just to kill people dressed up as a zombie and make it really seem like a zombie did it. If not, it might just be that the person was practicing or something like that and got hit by a car but not too hard. Though I believe the former option is more likely because getting hit by a car is a big deal.

Kogoro getting poisoned by a mushroom might be some kind of a hint, so far it seems the guy who was killed was probably poisoned and as fuji said, the video is probably of a zombie killing him. Any ideas or comments on this?

BTW did anyone notice most of Heiji cases are being ghost related now? Vampire, Kamaitachi and now zombie :P

In case fuji didnt make it clear enough, the part where Heiji came out of nowhere and whispered to Conan "Zombies do exist" and Conan replied "there is no way such a thing..." and then he said "THEY CAME!!" after realizing Heiji is there, in the jap versioin I think he actually meant zombies appeared, referring heiji as a zombie xD

The vampire mansion case started in mid october (2012) and ran through november. The kamaitachi case was in late october (2014) and ran for all of november and the first half of the first week of december (due to breaks). This case is starting mid september (2015) and can only run until about mid october. It would need at least 8 files to even have a file during the final week of october for halloween (unless we get an unexpected break mid-case). 

Most of the creatures that have appeared in the series so far are not actually "ghosts" but creatures from japanese mythology called "youkai". They actually make a distinction between the two. Things like the Kappa, the Yuki Onna, and the Kamaitachi all fall under this scope. Ghosts are in a separate group of "yurei".  Creatures like Glowing dogs, Vampires, and Zombies are all borrowed from other cultures. 

When Inspector Yamamura of Gunma prefecture appears, he often seems to call himself the Youkai Hunter since he is often the one who gets to beat the culprits whose cases seemed to be based on Japanese mythology. Although since Yamamura got that brief cameo (telephone call) in the vampire case, its very possible a similar situation could happen here. Somehow I bet we still get Inspector Megure though.....

I don't think they are necessarily planing to dress up as a zombie to kill someone, I think they are using that disguise to implant the idea that zombies could be real. Which means that there will be another murder, and it will somehow be blamed on the "zombie" of the first guy that died. 

Kogoro's poisoning could be case related, but at the same time it would be kind of awkward since the mushroom he ate was something he picked up on the side of the road somewhere between Tokyo and where the characters are now. We don't actually know where they are, so that could literally be anywhere at this point. 

The victim looks like he could have been poisoned or strangled. Since there isn't any of that foam that Gosho sometimes draws in the victims mouth, I don't want to think that its poison. I have a different question... what is that other object next to the victims hand? There is clearly the phone in his hand, but something else just beyond where his hand stops. 

Also If the victims room and the room Kogoro is laying in have the same layout, given the way the victim is collapsed, his cellphone camera would have been aimed at the blank wall opposite his desk. Most likely if he does have a zombie recorded on his phone, it was a recording of a recording aimed at the wall. 

Although since Yamamura got that brief cameo (telephone call) in the vampire case, its very possible a similar situation could happen here. Somehow I bet we still get Inspector Megure though.....

I'm still hoping to see Sango Yokomizo in a case soon. It's been like three years without him if I'm not mistaken, since the case of Bourbon in the tennis court.

I agree with Jimmy, it is probably gonna be Megure, I don't think they traveled too far. I think there is also a similar chance for Yamamura to appear, we often see him in Heiji cases and yuurei/youkai cases like vamp and kamaitachi. I don't think Sango really has  much to do with big cases, dont remember any long case he was in, but if I had to choose I would wish for Kansuke. However I have almost no knowledge about Japanese geography so I have no clue where this could be, but probably not too far, like Conan and Ran asked where they r going almost after reaching there and some other minor things that r obvious like Conan said "you were hungry not too long ago" whereas he had the mushroom somewhere in Tokyo I guess so they shouldn't be too far away.

Would be interesting if it's Megure though, don't remember any spook cases with him so far.

EDIT:

Does anyone think this case could possibly go on for 7 or 8 more files? It would surely be one of the longest non plot cases then...

I'm willing to bet that the killer is the lights director, Baishou Orie. 

I'll write something later, its like 3am where I am and I'm probably just seeing connections where there aren't any. 

File 932 spoilers by Fujiwara:

932 Title: Funeral procession of the Departed

The cause of death is potassium cyanide, the smart phone shows the producer poisoning himself. Upon searching the producer’s corpse they find an ominous memo addressed to the director’s deceased brother, Naitou Jouji, and an envelope that contains the subtitle of the movie they’re filming (Funeral Procession of the Departed).

It’s become customary for the producer to announce the subtitle at a timing of his own choosing and if by some mistake someone finds out earlier he immediately changes the subtitle. When he was president of the horror club, Jouji directed a movie for the school festival, but wanted to change it to a suspense movie.

He still had a taste for horror, but felt that a story needs logic as well. In order to make the club members understand, he put on a play and showed them … However no one expected Jouji to make himself the victim in a locked room murder. The footage from that event is gone and the movie was put on hold.

Maybe it’s because they were talking about zombies the whole time, but suddenly they really hear a zombie-like moaning. When they look closely they see that it’s just the still dizzy Kogorou. Kogorou says the villa is encircled by zombies, and doesn’t look like it’s the delirium talking...

Side note: ’Funeral Procession of the Departed’ - The last will and testament of the deceased has become reality?!

So looks like it was indeed cyanide poisoning. Something interesting I found about the mushroom Kogoro ate, Omphalotus japonicus, is that it is bioluminescent, so it glows in the dark; not immediately relevant but kind of goes along with the theme, another reason it was included in this case is that it is a close relative of Omphalotus olearius, commonly known as the jack-o'-lantern mushroom in North America, therefore it suites with the Halloween theme.

Back to the case, it seems like the younger brother of the director died in a locked room(probably murder). Perhaps someone has figured out who is the killer and killed him in order to take revenge or something like that.

Also, it says that the video shows the guy poisoning himself, so might be an older clip they shot when they filmed the first Zombie Blade movie.

What I don't understand is that according to the spoilers the villa in being surrounded by zombies, what does that mean? Guess the Chinese raws will make things clear.

• Upvote 1

Guess the Chinese raws will make things clear.

just want to make this clear, the chinese scans are not "raws" 

the word "raw" means to be unedited, unchanged

the Chinese file is their fan translation of the file 

people there get the file early because of subscription 

they however, don't post the Japanese raws because they wish

to remain active. They literally only post panels from the raw

if it seems like the Chinese translation will be delayed or if they

want to get spoilers out a bit early.

:P

EDIT:

I'm willing to bet that the killer is the lights director, Baishou Orie. 

I'll write something later, its like 3am where I am and I'm probably just seeing connections where there aren't any. 

adding more context to this

She starts off by being the first person to mention that they don't want spectators. After we learn that Kogoro is sick, she is the one that visits the room to tell them that they need to be quiet. This could be a way of checking on them. Then, after the filming, she is the first person to mention that they should take a break even though its a bit early. This could give her time to set up further murders. She also speaks about what the dead (previous) club president would be happy about, being that his older brother is directing the movie. 

I really hope this director guy, who is friends with Yoko, tells us more about Yoko. I don't know why, but lately I've been really interested in the expanding pop culture that Gosho has created within his series.  

She starts off by being the first person to mention that they don't want spectators. After we learn that Kogoro is sick, she is the one that visits the room to tell them that they need to be quiet. This could be a way of checking on them. Then, after the filming, she is the first person to mention that they should take a break even though its a bit early. This could give her time to set up further murders. She also speaks about what the dead (previous) club president would be happy about, being that his older brother is directing the movie. 

I really hope this director guy, who is friends with Yoko, tells us more about Yoko. I don't know why, but lately I've been really interested in the expanding pop culture that Gosho has created within his series.  

Well noticed! It definitely seems she is a little suspicious, but for all we know, she might even be the next victim!

The spoilers didn't mention anything about a second murder so we still can"t say anything for sure.

Apparently the next file is going to discuss the director's brother's death, but is that the only thing the next case will discuss? If that is so then this case might go on for quite a while.

Talking about the length of the case, I hope that it turns out to be a long one, running at least until Halloween, and if not, then a follow up case with Heiji :)

Well noticed! It definitely seems she is a little suspicious, but for all we know, she might even be the next victim!

The spoilers didn't mention anything about a second murder so we still can"t say anything for sure.

Apparently the next file is going to discuss the director's brother's death, but is that the only thing the next case will discuss? If that is so then this case might go on for quite a while.

Talking about the length of the case, I hope that it turns out to be a long one, running at least until Halloween, and if not, then a follow up case with Heiji :)

This case strikes me as one that would be the second, in terms of back-to-back cases with Heiji, meaning it's likely going to be his only appearance in a case, this year. Remember, while there have been 3 file cases that were followed up on (e.g. Vampire Mansion), ones like the Drug Trading Case (File 879–File 881) were not—meaning even if this case is somehow only 3 files, it may be Heiji's only appearance. While this case will likely be 4 files or more, it's likely Heiji won't return the subsequent case.

Zombie attack!... but it'll be revealed to be another trick, come next file. Kogoro looked like he was a part of it, too.  ^_^

Love Heiji's blush at Shinichi/Conan, as well as his whistle (the music note that shows happiness), and Shinichi's/Conan's reaction. :lol: 

The camerawoman had a "..." reaction to the video shot be the producer as she died, or a subsequent comment of Heiji's, so...

Without knowing anything about the translation of the file, I am confident that guy who apparently committed suicide was trying to act it out. Either there really was poison in the prop drink or the culprit poisoned him completely after his dying act finished.

Without knowing anything about the translation of the file, I am confident that guy who apparently committed suicide was trying to act it out. Either there really was poison in the prop drink or the culprit poisoned him completely after his dying act finished.

Yeah probably, I am sure that has happened multiple times before...

Could also be a video from long time ago, but that is less likely because the clothes needed to have been same.

About this file, it is not what I really expected it to be like, they really do look like zombies :P

I hope Gosho is not going to say they are actors or anything like that.

If we also take into account what the couple said about dead flesh smell, and also all the blood and torn up dresses with extremely dried skin, this is probably the creepiest file of DC ever :D I have no clue what kind of a trick this is :P

OMG~ would be sooo cool if Ran turns back xDDD

Im having a hunch that this file with heiji wont be as great as the ones before

I must say I agree, though I hope that it turns out better than this.

Also, this case seems like a 4-5 file case with probably no more murders happening, in that case I wonder why do we have this case 7-8 weeks before halloween, I hope Gosho doesn't plan on taking a month long break after this case.

I liked the Kamaitachi one, but the resolution might have been a little hard to believe, an entire pool filled with starch must have been visible. However, my all time favourite is the 20 yr symphony case.

I still have no clue what the explanation to all those zombies might be but I think the next file would surely makes things more interesting! :D

I must say I agree, though I hope that it turns out better than this.

Also, this case seems like a 4-5 file case with probably no more murders happening, in that case I wonder why do we have this case 7-8 weeks before halloween, I hope Gosho doesn't plan on taking a month long break after this case.

I liked the Kamaitachi one, but the resolution might have been a little hard to believe, an entire pool filled with starch must have been visible. However, my all time favourite is the 20 yr symphony case.

I still have no clue what the explanation to all those zombies might be but I think the next file would surely makes things more interesting! :D

I'm betting its the actors for the night scene shootings. Since its a C-class type horror movie, it probably has a low budget. They probably asked other people to show up in zombie makeup to be in the movie that way they wouldn't have to pay zombie actors or pay a makeup staff. 

sorry for the double post

but this is all of the translation so far given by Presumenothing

its just text translation on its own

presumenothing: #932: plastic bottle and bottle labelled potassium cyanide found under table, he appears to have died between 30 mins to 1 hour earlier
15 Sep 15, 03:43 AM  
presumenothing: #932 p2-3: "Who are you?" "I'm Hattori Heiji... of some little repute in Kansai... the high school detective of the West..." "H-highschool detective?" "You say the west, does the east have one too?" "Of course!"
15 Sep 15, 03:44 AM
presumenothing: #932 p3: "He's standing right in front of you... it's this brat..." "Oi, oi!?" "A high schooler he knows very well, named Kudo Shinichi!"
presumenothing: #932: from angle of the recording, it was taken with the phone placed against the pack of cigarettes on the floor, and started on a timer
presumenothing: #932 p6: Ran thinks Conan's voice on the recording sounds like Shinichi, Heiji claims he's merely imitating him
15 Sep 15, 10:42 PM
presumenothing: ...meanwhile, #932 p6: Conan (on recording) "Damn! He's not breathing anymore..." Ran *Eh?* "That... was Conan's voice?" "It felt a little like Shinichi's..." Conan "Ah, no..." *This is bad!!* Heiji "He's imitating me!" "Because this brat is always looking at dead bodies with me, he imitated my speech even though he obviously doesn't know anything!"
15 Sep 15, 10:52 PM
presumenothing: #932 p6, cont: Heiji "Looks like this brat really admires me!" Conan "Yeah! I want to become a detective like Heiji-niichan too!" Kazuha "You two are as close as brothers!" Ran "It's true..."
15 Sep 15, 10:52 PM
presumenothing: #932 p6-7: Conan "Hattori..." "Thanks for covering for me..." "Looks like I'm safe..." Heiji "Kudo..." "You owe me one..." Conan *This guy... he still hasn't forgotten about my recording of his confession, has he...*

Towards Ran next suspicion arc!

For some reason the suspicions arcs have always progressed in Heiji cases recently. It started with Murderer, Kudo Shinichi and then The Whereabouts of the Embarrassing Charm when Ran comments about Conan's fingerprints being on Heiji's onamori. There have been more incidents since then, but I can't remember the exact chapters.

For some reason the suspicions arcs have always progressed in Heiji cases recently. It started with Murderer, Kudo Shinichi and then The Whereabouts of the Embarrassing Charm when Ran comments about Conan's fingerprints being on Heiji's onamori. There have been more incidents since then, but I can't remember the exact chapters.

If you're looking for incidents of that nature, this is the place: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.651395024912454.1073741857.508258949226063&type=3