Detective Conan World
User 4869

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 928-930 Ramen revisited

Its possible that he wasn't actually on the phone at all. Later on in Mystery Train, we learn that Okiya has BS phone hacking powers. Its possible that he was merely listening in to one of the other two phone calls. He has pretty much proven that he doesn't actually have to touch a device itself in order to hack his way into it.

True. But if we go by anime (shaky as all heck, I know), in Episode 674, we clearly hear buzzing from inside Shuichi's/Subaru's car—it wasn't Rei's/Tooru's phone. Sounds like a call to me, rather than a hack... heck, it hasn't even been explained how he does it, but I'd guess he'd need more than an earpiece to do it—not a computer or phone, but an earpiece... say what you will, but unless Gosho strongly implies, at the very least, that he can use that earpiece as a hacking device, I'm not going to believe that he hacked into Rei's/Tooru's call to Vermouth or Masumi's call to MG or the middle brother.

Point is, if Shuichi/Subaru is the middle brother, then contact would begin Post-Mystery Train and before Steamy Relations (Files 825–855). Masumi would not be faking her reaction to Scar Akai/Vermouth in File 822, right? Also, MG would have to be calling her in File 800, if Shuichi/Subaru is the middle brother—we've never seen MG call Masumi directly... just like we've never seen Masumi contact her second brother before Steamy Relations (Files 856–858).

No, I don't think it was hacking. Well, you see, a key component for hacking is to know the cell phone number of your target! xD No way did Akai know Bourbon's number in Detective's Nocturne.
One more possibility to eavesdrop is the radio receiver Akai used in an older case(The four porsches maybe, not sure), however, I don't think Gosho would go that far :D
I would still say that Gosho didn't intend on giving any such clues with the phone calls.

Just random, but it was a nice scene when Conan showed his "young Shinichi face" taking off his glasses with Sera showing her vamipitic tooth:D

Are there any theories that say Sera is a vampire?
:lol:

Double post fixed

Just random, but it was a nice seen when Conan showed his "young Shinichi face" taking off his glasses with Sera showing her vamipitic tooth:D

Are there any theories that say Sera is a vampire?

:lol:

Its just another reference to LUM-chan, meaning shes probably more space-ONI than vampire.

(the color picture is quite old at this point so ignore the bottle she's holding)

LUM3.jpg

Double post fixed

Thanks! Didn't know that could be done :P

Its just another reference to LUM-chan, meaning shes probably more space-ONI than vampire.

(the color picture is quite old at this point so ignore the bottle she's holding)

Ah I see!  Never watched that anime but I remember that reference Haibara made when Conan mentioned RUM :D

Guess that bottle(RUM) is a reference to her name LUM, which should be pronounced the same as RUM in Japanese. Cool ^^ 

Haha guess she is a space oni then xD

One more possibility to eavesdrop is the radio receiver Akai used in an older case

Except you would've needed a bug (listening device) planted. He was able to listen to Agasa's and Shinichi's/Conan's conversation in File 422 because Jodie had placed bugs in Agasa's house. Considering that File 800 is Shuichi's/Subaru's and Rei's/Tooru's first interaction, it's very unlikely he would've even known where to plant anything, and then there's the fact that Rei/Tooru had a device that finds bugs.

Considering that File 800 is Shuichi's/Subaru's and Rei's/Tooru's first interaction, 

Second interaction

Bourbon was Scar Akai during the Red Shirts bomber case, because Vermouth was outside telling Gin that they had clearance from the boss to act 

plus, no one ever seems to change their phone numbers. Gin knew that Kir would have Akai's number even though at that point there was no reason

for him to think that she was working with him. Since according to Bourbon himself (as well as Shiho's memory of conversations with Akemi) during Mystery train, he and Akai used to be rivals of sorts while in the BO. Its possible that Akai had Bourbon's phone number from that time. 

Also, even though we only see an earpiece on his head during Detectives Nocturne, usually they have to be connected to a cell phone either by wire or by bluetooth from close range. Since we don't see a wire, its likely bluetooth from a phone in his pocket.

I'm going to drop this line of thought though since this is the wrong thread to talk about it and since there really isn't any more information to add to it.  

If Sato orders extra food because she plans to "work out intensively" tonight, Takagi better eat a little more too or he won't be able to keep up...

EDIT: NO WHY DID SATO TURN HIM DOOOWN!?

Was the friend who did Sato's and Takagi's disguise Yukiko?

Souka scans have translated file 930 :D

Thanks a lot to them!! ^^

Added later:

Just read the translated version, nice ending :)

The part about the face mask was very interesting! I didn't know about how the vacuum works so didn't think of it.
I actually figured the part about the extra glasses case completely but wasn't sure because I don't wear glasses and don't know much about them :P
So it seems at the end of the file it is heavily hinted that MG is Mary, because instead of naturally thinking Mary is Sera's name Conan thought it's MG's name, so they have met before and that's her name.

PS: @57 I think the "friend" is Sera, I don't think Yukiko would get involved in something as minor as this. Also, just a little change in hairstyle and clothing and glasses should be enough to trick a person who has met the two only once briefly and is probably more concerned about getting revealed.

• Upvote 1

If Sato orders extra food because she plans to "work out intensively" tonight, Takagi better eat a little more too or he won't be able to keep up...

Because that would be giving us too much fluff ;___; obviously!

Second interaction

Bourbon was Scar Akai during the Red Shirts bomber case, because Vermouth was outside telling Gin that they had clearance from the boss to act 

Shuichi/Subaru saw Bourbon/Scar Akai, but Bourbon/Scar Akai didn't see Shuichi/Subaru. In Detectives' Nocturne, they actually saw each other. That's why I say File 800 is their first interaction.

Also, even though we only see an earpiece on his head during Detectives Nocturne, usually they have to be connected to a cell phone either by wire or by bluetooth from close range. Since we don't see a wire, its likely bluetooth from a phone in his pocket. 

And this means he conceivably could hack Bourbon's phone, I take it?

My point:

If we go by anime (shaky as all heck, I know), in Episode 674, we clearly hear buzzing from inside Shuichi's/Subaru's car—it wasn't from Rei's/Tooru's phone or Masumi's device.

That's why I don't think he simply listened to the conversation Bourbon and Vermouth had via hacking. You're right, though—until we get more info, this will remain an area of speculation.

Shuichi/Subaru saw Bourbon/Scar Akai, but Bourbon/Scar Akai didn't see Shuichi/Subaru. In Detectives' Nocturne, they actually saw each other. That's why I say File 800 is their first interaction.

Well even though Akai saw scar Akai, all it meant was he found out somebody was trying to impersonate him to get the FBI's attention as Akai and Conan expected of the BO. It practically is not their first meeting because neither Akai met Bourbon nor Bourbon met Akai. I mean neither of them knew who the other person is so Detectives' Nocturne was the first time akai actually saw Bourbon around.

About that, something I don't get is that why was Akai surprised when he saw him? I'm sure Conan would have told him about Bourbon. Besides, in that case kai should have cautioned Conan by telling him how Bourbon looks, and more about him. I also wonder if Akai informed Conan about Bourbon right after he saw him in ep. 674.

PS: In my opinion it might be a little far-fetched to think Okiya was trying to hack Bourbon's phone number, it just seems so unlikely. It isn't that easy to hack a phone anyway right? And even if he did, what difference would that make anyway?

And this means he conceivably could hack Bourbon's phone, I take it?

PS: In my opinion it might be a little far-fetched to think Okiya was trying to hack Bourbon's phone number

I really don't understand why you both focused in on Bourbon, when the post I had originally made on the possibility of hacking phones

mentioned that he could be listening in on either of the other phone calls. 

Quote post #45 : "Later on in Mystery Train, we learn that Okiya has BS phone hacking powers. Its possible that he was merely listening in to one of the other two phone calls."

The only reason Bourbon was brought up in any further detail in the post i made, was to explain how he might have Bourbon's number

since Akai and Bourbon have met before the beginning of the series. 

I really don't understand why you both focused in on Bourbon.

Because we were talking about File 800. You then brought in the Mystery Train "Okiya BS hacking powers" example to explain that it's possible that Shuichi/Subaru was merely listening in to someone else's—Bourbon's—phone call, and not receiving a call himself.

I'll say it again:

If we go by anime (shaky as all heck, I know), in Episode 674, we clearly hear buzzing from inside Shuichi's/Subaru's car—it wasn't from Rei's/Tooru's phone or Masumi's device.

On 9/2/2015 at 4:04 AM, Chekhov MacGuffin said:

Was the friend who did Sato's and Takagi's disguise Yukiko?

i also wonder why Sato turned Takagi down? pity him:lol: