Detective Conan World
User 4869

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 928-930 Ramen revisited

THIS THREAD is used to discuss about SPOILERSIn other words, if you only read the English version and wish to wait for the full release instead of getting spoiled, this is NOT the right place for you!

RULES OF THE SPOILER-ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD:

1. Any kind of spoiler involving the case (pictures, texts, information, full scans...) of any language that is released before the English version must be posted HEREThe English translations of the spoilers must also be posted here.

2. Any kind of discussion involving the spoilers must be posted HERE.

3. Despite being a spoiler-only thread, EVERY spoiler and discussion involving events that have not happened in the English releases STILL has to be put inside Spoiler boxes. When the file in question is fully released in English, this is not necessary anymore.

4. NO DIRECT LINK to any Japanese scans (RAWs) or English scans (Japanese spoiler pictures are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very far away from a full scan, like the ones we usually have).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

Text you want to write

Or more manually:

Step 1: Click the "Special BBCode" icon at the upper-left side of the edit toolbar.

Untitled-1_zps5a0dae75.png

Step 2: In BBCode, select "Spoiler".

Spoiler_zpsc5764e29.jpg

Step 3: Enter the text that you want to put inside Spoiler boxes, then click OK.

Text_zps4958fb14.jpg

Edited after the case end for easy find

File 928 Chinese: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3984240069

File 929 Chinese: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3997299721

File 930 Chinese: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4012480342

File 928 cover:

https://twitter.com/conan_file/status/633654673979805696/photo/1 (thanks to jimmy_kud0_tv)

Serinox: Official summary of File 928 from the DC facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/conan.portal/photos/a.690862980933481.1073741828.678467478839698/1043770818976027/?type=1&theater

Fujiwara: File 928: The strange guest at the Ramen restaurant

Ran & co. are talking about a TV show they watched the day before and end up going to a Ramen restaurant. This is the same restaurant where Conan (& Kogorou) solved a poisoning case before. Yumi and her colleagues arrive hot on the trail of a murder-robbery culprit. Said culprit throws a hose(? TN: Original poster seems unsure of this) at Yumi. A hose, murder and a guest who uses too much spice. What will these strange parts create?

bash7353: "Ran, Sonoko, Sera, and Conan, who on their way home talked about a television program about ramen, go to Sera’s favourite ramen restaurant for dinner. It’s the ramen restaurant with a new adress “Ramen so dangerous it’s to die for” Kogoro and Conan solved a poisoning case at some time ago.

bash7353: Besides Conan and the others three costumers who appear to be regulars are there, who, as Conan notices, use vinegar, soy sauce, and black pepper respectively. Actually, these three are suspected in a robbery murder case that occurred in the neighbourhood. Officers Miyamoto and Miike seem suspicious of them…!?"

Note no 1: Chinese group that usually provide scans are having trouble procure the raw, so expected it to be late.

Note no 2: No break next week.

Edited: Note no 3: Thanks Serinox below for 928 Chinese: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3984240069

• Upvote 3

will shuukichi come? i kinda miss him and amuro. (i miss plot too)

Odds are he will, but more likely in the third and final file of the case.

The plot, save Kuroda, has pretty much been on break since Shukichi's and Rei's/Tooru's last appearance, so... I'd say we're due a re-ignition of the story.

Souka has released the chapter in english on their reddit page

Many thanks for the heads-up, Jimmy.  ^_^

I also posted this on DCTP:

Just read the Souka Scan of File 928—many thanks to Fujiwara and the Souka team for doing this, and so quickly at that.  :D

The culprit may have attached an object with tape to the hose, and threw at the victim, and the impact killed her. The house was likely ransacked by the culprit before the hostess came back. The culprit may also have found a way to get her to return home by discreetly taking something from her and making her think she needed to go home. The culprit then followed her home, got her attention and killed her with the object attached to the hose. The tape was gone by the time the culprit threw the hose at Yumi, so it was likely removed.

Another possibility is that the culprit used the hose to hide something, like evidence that has yet to be mentioned or even found.

Or I could just be wrong on one count, or on both counts.

The specific condiment may play a role, as well—vinegar, soy sauce, or pepper.

The victim was a hostess, and the female suspect is a hostess (vinegar), as well. The younger male suspect is a "part-timer," (soy sauce) and the older male suspect is an "employee." (pepper)

As for evidence... it's yet to be revealed (example: what caused the blunt-force-trauma that killed the victim)... unless some of you noticed something.

Yumi's and Naeko's initial theory may be right, as Shinichi/Conan and Masumi responded to it with "........." (aka, deep in thought about something crucial that was just revealed), or it was just the use of the hose that caught their attention.

The female suspect is the least suspicious, as Yumi and Naeko kept referring to the culprit as a he... but that should make us more wary of her, right?

Borrowing from DCUniverseAficionado, the outline of the three suspects are...

The female suspect is a hostess and added too much vinegar. She had one bowl.
The younger male suspect is a "part-timer," and added too much soy sauce to his gyoza. He has a bunch of small things on dishes with a cup of something.
The older male suspect is an "employee." and added too much pepper. He ordered two bowls this time which was different.

Each one had a different way of pouring and handling their condiments.
The female suspect held hers right handed and only asked for more vinegar once she was out.
The younger male suspect shook his bottle vigorously and asked for a new soy bottle even though he had some left.
The older male suspect tapped his pepper can with his right hand only asking once he was out.

The culprit took a section of hose with him (2m long 3 cm in diameter, like garden hose) and threw it at Yumi. Neither the picture nor Yumi mentions it having an attached nozzle, even through the shadowman is shown spinning a hose. There were signs of tape on the hose on one end, but no blood. The victim's garden hose was missing. For some reason the culprit was spinning the hose like a lasso in highly visibly right in front of where the victim was killed. Also, the house of the victim was laid to waste, but the culprit wasn't carrying much of anything besides the hose. That must mean a very targeted robbery of something small.

... I kind of wonder if what was stolen was something small like a loose diamond or a ring and was hidden in the hose first (where it got stuck) and then one of the ramen restaurant containers when the police search was launched unexpectedly. The suspect has been using too much in order to retrieve the item. That doesn't sound like a good plan though because someone else could find it at the bottom of the container if it was used completely. In that case pepper man is the most suspicious for having two bowls and an opaque container but this idea seems kind of half-baked right now,

... I kind of wonder if what was stolen was something small like a loose diamond or a ring and was hidden in the hose first (where it got stuck) and then one of the ramen restaurant containers when the police search was launched unexpectedly. The suspect has been using too much in order to retrieve the item. That doesn't sound like a good plan though because someone else could find it at the bottom of the container if it was used completely. In that case pepper man is the most suspicious for having two bowls and an opaque container but this idea seems kind of half-baked right now,

I guess this case just doesn't have enough info in the first file for one to solve him/herself. Until more info is revealed, this kind of speculation is all we have.

What I'm sure of is that the hose was either used as the murder weapon or part of the culprit's plan to hide something that would expose him/her. Maybe a bit too broad of a statement, but, again, there's too little info at this point.

But this hose... it's become an overnight sensation. Never before has an inanimate object been so popular, on this site, that I've heard of.  :lol:

well darn... apparently using a hose as a laso creates a vacuum type thing.....(pictures 4-6 on this page) 

That's definitely the answer for that part. How did you find that out?

I think I know what I want to build for my next physics demo!

It looks like the same principle as a pitot tube. The fluid movement of the air creates a lower dynamic pressure on the whirling end (roughly Bernoulli's principle says pressure drops when fluid moves faster), causing a pressure differential between the static end and the whirling end. This differential tends to pull things from the static end to the dynamic end like a vacuum cleaner. You have to get a good speed to get a good vacuum force. Someone had the idea of using it to make a musical instrument.

If that's true, then the culprit and the explanation for the using too much condiments should be...

Now that means whatever the culprit sucked up was small and probably spilled all over the ground. Many tiny loose diamonds or something like that would work. The culprit had to risk being seen in the open twirling the hose because didn't have another choice since the body was left lying around. He couldn't risk using a vacuum I guess.

The mesh baggie attached to the end of the hose was removed while the culprit was running, leaving the tape residue. He had to dump the small whatevers somewhere in the restaurant so they wouldn't be found during a body search by the police. The condiment jar would be a perfect place. That would mean pepper man is the most suspicious because he has an opaque container, and has bought two bowls in order to maximize the spice used. He could empty out the spice container that contains the prize and retrieve all the doodads from it/slip the spice container out with him.

The problem might be that he has to figure out which spice container he hid the stuff in (assuming multiple jars). It's pretty easy for them to get mixed up by people taking them and passing them around. He has been using each one to completion as quickly as possible.

• Upvote 1

That's definitely the answer for that part. How did you find that out?

I might be stalking a looooooooot of Japanese peoples blogs >_>

I think I know what I want to build for my next physics demo!

It looks like the same principle as a pitot tube. The fluid movement of the air creates a lower dynamic pressure on the whirling end (roughly Bernoulli's principle says pressure drops when fluid moves faster), causing a pressure differential between the static end and the whirling end. This differential tends to pull things from the static end to the dynamic end like a vacuum cleaner. You have to get a good speed to get a good vacuum force. Someone had the idea of using it to make a musical instrument.

If that's true, then the culprit and the explanation for the using too much condiments should be...

Now that means whatever the culprit sucked up was small and probably spilled all over the ground. Many tiny loose diamonds or something like that would work. The culprit had to risk being seen in the open twirling the hose because didn't have another choice since the body was left lying around. He couldn't risk using a vacuum I guess.

The mesh baggie attached to the end of the hose was removed while the culprit was running, leaving the tape residue. He had to dump the small whatevers somewhere in the restaurant so they wouldn't be found during a body search by the police. The condiment jar would be a perfect place. That would mean pepper man is the most suspicious because he has an opaque container, and has bought two bowls in order to maximize the spice used. He could empty out the spice container that contains the prize and retrieve all the doodads from it/slip the spice container out with him.

The problem might be that he has to figure out which spice container he hid the stuff in (assuming multiple jars). It's pretty easy for them to get mixed up by people taking them and passing them around. He has been using each one to completion as quickly as possible.

When I went to search for more information on the tubes and effects I found these links and posted them at the DCTP forms

just in case that link wasn't clear. Its effectively the same information you have in your first spoiler box

this might be a clearer explanation in englsih

http://almostunschoolers.blogspot.com/2 ... ience.html

scroll down to the part where it says "So, we turned the tube around, and spun the end with the bag on it."

swinging the end with the bag on it has air being pulled up through the hose and into the bag which 

can be used sort of like a vacuum

also a video of the explanation of air movement (bag not included) 

https://youtu.be/RQbQguLNtC8?t=1m4s 

Also apparently people on 2ch have been leaking text only spoiler summaries of chapters as early as Saturday for 

the last few files. they have been posting them to 2ch and then someone has been reposting them here:

http://festy.jp/web/tags/2257/posts

This is the 2ch page : http://kanae.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ymag/1439809356/154n-

Fujiwara has translated the 929 stuff at the DCTP spoiler chat box  (see below)

929 summary:

Fujiwara: File 929 title: The culprit who swings the hose?
22 Aug 15, 05:00 AM
Fujiwara: Text spoiler: The culprit threw the remains of the tape that was supposedly attached to the hose at Yumi together with the hose. The 3 customers don’t have anything of monetary value with them. The gloves that the culprit probably used were found dirty in the sewage, and they can’t tell whose they are.
22 Aug 15, 05:00 AM
Fujiwara: The victim was at the Ramen restaurant before and showed off with a piercing worth 1,000,000 Yen (about $8000). Shuukichi and the culprit passed by each other for a second, and he remembers a strange clicking sound while the latter ran away. There’s something shining/glittering in the toilet tank of the ramen shop.

Side note: What’s the hiding place of the treasure, that Conan and Sera noticed?!

22 Aug 15, 05:02 AM
Fujiwara: (Source: http://festy.jp/web/posts/3542 , 2ch)
22 Aug 15, 06:20 AM
Fujiwara: Further info from 2ch: Shuukichi only appears on the phone. Yumi and Sera call him at practically the same time. Yumi gets through first, gets puts on hold, he talks to Sera, hangs up, talks to Yumi again.

Hi guys! I am a new member here, nice to meet you all!  :)

So apparently the culprit did all this for the one million ring, however he/she did not steal anything else. Why? Was it because he was seen right when he was trying to steal the stuff? In that case why would he be swinging the hose instead of taking the jewels/cash? In fact, this entire hose idea is confusing me a lot, like if he indeed used the hose for hiding the earrings, and later hid it in the toilet, why not hide it in his pocket? DC just makes me feel so stupid :D

Hi guys! I am a new member here, nice to meet you all!  :)

Greetings! The same to you!  ^_^

So apparently the culprit did all this for the one million ring, however he/she did not steal anything else. Why? Was it because he was seen right when he was trying to steal the stuff? In that case why would he be swinging the hose instead of taking the jewels/cash? In fact, this entire hose idea is confusing me a lot, like if he indeed used the hose for hiding the earrings, and later hid it in the toilet, why not hide it in his pocket?

Likely because the murderer's motive involved stealing only the earings and/or killing the woman. Apparently, you can make a hose into a vacuum by twirling it—see Jimmy Kudo TV2's post from 12:46 AM on August 22nd for details. The murderer likely used the hose-twirling trick to get the earings to begin with, or used the hose to hide something that would implicate them—I think these are the two possibilities, but I could be wrong—and then hid them in the toilet once they arrived at the restaurant.

DC just makes me feel so stupid :D

Believe me, you aren't the only one.  ;)

This theory is pretty sound, but couldn't the soy sauce guy potentially do the same since the liquid is opaque to a certain extent?

Its really a bit of a stretch since you could potentially still see the object in the container if tilted.

but what makes me suspicious is that he wanted a new container before he was even finished with the old one 

basically following the logic that the liquid level in the container was low enough that he could see that nothing was inside,

so he set it aside and asked for another one. At which the woman suspect complained because hers was completely empty

and his wasn't. Then he overused the soy sauce by a lot, its even spilling over unto the gyoza part of the tray  :(

dipping the food into the sauce would displace it even more and make the food soggier that it is supposed to be.

Where as the pepper guy asked Oguro directly for a pepper container, which means there is a chance that he could be given

a brand new never before opened container that would not have any way of having some treasure inside. 

EDIT: in 929 we are told that part timer guy (soy sauce) only recently switched to "chinese snacks" meaning the gyoza and 

other things seen in front of him in 928. In the 929 flashback when the victim was showing off, we see him eating Ramen. 

Why would he make this change of eating habit after her death unless he had a reason to? It would seem

really weird to pour large amounts of soy sauce into a bowl of ramen, hence the switch to gyoza and other things.

EDIT 2: also looking at ramen recipes online, it seems a lot of types of ramen already have a "soy sauce egg" in them, so it would look pretty

weird to add tons more soy sauce on top of that.

This theory is pretty sound, but couldn't the soy sauce guy potentially do the same since the liquid is opaque to a certain extent?

Its really a bit of a stretch since you could potentially still see the object in the container if tilted.

but what makes me suspicious is that he wanted a new container before he was even finished with the old one 

basically following the logic that the liquid level in the container was low enough that he could see that nothing was inside,

so he set it aside and asked for another one. At which the woman suspect complained because hers was completely empty

and his wasn't. Then he overused the soy sauce by a lot, its even spilling over unto the gyoza part of the tray  :(

dipping the food into the sauce would displace it even more and make the food soggier that it is supposed to be.

Where as the pepper guy asked Oguro directly for a pepper container, which means there is a chance that he could be given

a brand new never before opened container that would not have any way of having some treasure inside. 

EDIT: in 929 we are told that part timer guy (soy sauce) only recently switched to "chinese snacks" meaning the gyoza and 

other things seen in front of him in 928. In the 929 flashback when the victim was showing off, we see him eating Ramen. 

Why would he make this change of eating habit after her death unless he had a reason to? It would seem

really weird to pour large amounts of soy sauce into a bowl of ramen, hence the switch to gyoza and other things.

EDIT 2: also looking at ramen recipes online, it seems a lot of types of ramen already have a "soy sauce egg" in them, so it would look pretty

Yeah, the part-timer theory looks good—still, the other two are still in the running.

Greetings! The same to you!  ^_^

Thanks a lot! :D

Back to the case, I think it is getting quite interesting :)

First of all I had a misconception that the earrings were hidden inside the restroom but looking over the file again, Conan and Sera are getting OUT of the washroom(for some reason I thought they were going to another part of it (basins, etc.). So the earrings are probably NOT hidden inside the restroom.

I think there are two  important questions to figure out in this case:

1) What was the shiny thing inside the tank? This is an important one because it probably dismisses the idea that the hose was used to hide or vacuum out the earrings from somewhere. It is probably to hide something else, something that would reveal the culprit's identity I think, so he/she HAD to hide it.

2) What's the part the condiments play? This is an obvious question but hard to answer, on a side note it very much reminds me of the froth, smoke and steam case. 

One thing that is clear is that the culprit hid it somewhere, from where he cannot easily retrieve it, thus he has to come again and again and still hasn't retrieved it. It might make a bit of sense if he hid it in one of the containers and plans to use up as much as possible every day to retrieve it, however I think it is way too risky. In a day you can use up 2-3 containers at most but overall many more will be used by others. Also, if one finishes it would be seen right away. One might even break and be disposed for all we know, so I don't think that is how it went. Yet again, I cannot think of anything myself. I also think it is unlikely that the culprit's goal is to use up a certain condiment. After all, you cannot use much of  any of the three no matter how much extra you have.

Just another point to mention, when the store guy talked about what the victim said last time she came, Conan and Sera thought "that must be it". Did they figure out the culprit just by that? In that case I think the slim guy is kinda suspicious, she said he stares through the conv. store, as if to plan a burglary or something.

I think the next file would be the resolution, so good luck everyone on solving the case before that! ;)

That makes sense if he is the culprit and needs to use the soya sauce for something.

I would say that thin guy is the most suspicious. Maybe another minor point but compared to the woman and the fat guy, he should be the fastest runner and the culprit did seem to be a fast runner.

BTW since I don't know much about those condiment containers, is there actually a better way to hide the earrings than just dropping them inside? Guess not but we cannot totally rule it out.

Apparently, the Masumi/Yumi interactions and their phone calls were just more teases—there was seemingly no resolution to the middle brother question.

Ogura calls Mausmi "Mari" because Masumi has a handkerchief with the name "Mary" embroidered on it—Shinichi/Conan has apparently heard the name before. Likely, it's either Masumi's real name is Mary, or MG's name is Mary.

The part-timer (young man with glasses) is the murderer.

Wataru and Miwako have a sex joke moment, as well, after catching the murderer.

Thanks a lot! :D

Back to the case, I think it is getting quite interesting :)

First of all I had a misconception that the earrings were hidden inside the restroom but looking over the file again, Conan and Sera are getting OUT of the washroom(for some reason I thought they were going to another part of it (basins, etc.). So the earrings are probably NOT hidden inside the restroom.

I think there are two  important questions to figure out in this case:

1) What was the shiny thing inside the tank? This is an important one because it probably dismisses the idea that the hose was used to hide or vacuum out the earrings from somewhere. It is probably to hide something else, something that would reveal the culprit's identity I think, so he/she HAD to hide it.

2) What's the part the condiments play? This is an obvious question but hard to answer, on a side note it very much reminds me of the froth, smoke and steam case. 

One thing that is clear is that the culprit hid it somewhere, from where he cannot easily retrieve it, thus he has to come again and again and still hasn't retrieved it. It might make a bit of sense if he hid it in one of the containers and plans to use up as much as possible every day to retrieve it, however I think it is way too risky. In a day you can use up 2-3 containers at most but overall many more will be used by others. Also, if one finishes it would be seen right away. One might even break and be disposed for all we know, so I don't think that is how it went. Yet again, I cannot think of anything myself. I also think it is unlikely that the culprit's goal is to use up a certain condiment. After all, you cannot use much of  any of the three no matter how much extra you have.

Just another point to mention, when the store guy talked about what the victim said last time she came, Conan and Sera thought "that must be it". Did they figure out the culprit just by that? In that case I think the slim guy is kinda suspicious, she said he stares through the conv. store, as if to plan a burglary or something.

I think the next file would be the resolution, so good luck everyone on solving the case before that! ;)

so apparently this is how it went, according to spoilers

warning: solution to case.

the ear rings were actually in the soy sauce, and the killer was the thin guy / Mizushina.

The hose was used as a vacuum, but to vacuum up broken glass

the noise Shuukichi heard was the pieces of glass hitting each other as the culprit ran

the rest of the glass pieces were hidden in the toilet tank. 

starting after the murder, the killer began to order gyoza so that he could use up all of the soy sauce

apparently the glass shards, we shards of the culprits glasses.

according to the spoiler c-box.