Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Hobgoblin2012

If for some reason (hopefully it doesn't happen) Gosho doesn't finish the manga in time

If (hopefully this won't be the case) Gosho doesn't finish the manga: for example, he dies a year earlier than the year he plans to publish the final chapter; even many, many years after today, what do you think will happen then? Is there already a written ending with a contract that binds his colleagues to publish it exactly as it is or could it be that, since Gosho won't be around anymore, they change the ending and do whatever they want to the story (maybe ruining it completely)? I mean, do they HAVE TO respect his wishes posthumously according to the business agreement or are they free to ruin the story as much as they want, once the author dies? What do you think?

I imagine they would completely take advantage of their power and give us a horrible ending involving Kaito, Heiji and Akai working together and Ran getting saved by Conan in the last minute while at the same time confessing her love to him. Basically they'd try to make it as fan-girl friendly as possible and make as big sales as possible; so it would have the same type of ending as those movies we've been getting lately. 

To be even more of a pessimist, I have a feeling that even if he does live long enough and get to write his own ending there is a bug chance that it would still be a rushed ending and would not give us enough answers. There are just wayyy too many little things that need to be explained that I doubt he has the time to reveal. (Unless he changes his slow writing style of giving us a single important fact every 2 years)

I imagine they would completely take advantage of their power and give us a horrible ending involving Kaito, Heiji and Akai working together and Ran getting saved by Conan in the last minute while at the same time confessing her love to him. 

But this wouldn't be the worst ending imo. The worst would be if they killed off the main characters or started exploiting harems/love triangles like Shinichi-Ran-Shiho, probably without even ever ending the story.

But I agree with you it would be really bad if he rushed things and doesn't give us enough answers. I really hate cliff-hangers (can't decide what's worse: a tragic ending or a cliff-hanger; before you ask, I can't stand tragic endings because have already read WAY TOO MANY of them in fiction already, I am full of them for the rest of my life  :) )

the publisher, producer, editor, whoever have been given a brief look at the ending, better give it to fans.

then I don't mind non-canon stories since it's just like fanfics.

But this wouldn't be the worst ending imo. The worst would be if they killed off the main characters or started exploiting harems/love triangles like Shinichi-Ran-Shiho, probably without even ever ending the story.

I don't really see killing the main characters as something that can happen, especially since its not the real owners of the story who are deciding that.

A cliff-hanger is definitly worse than a tragic ending. Most good-quality stories have tragic endings.